ITT: Oh yeah that exists

ITT: Oh yeah that exists

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Callahan_(cartoonist)
youtube.com/watch?v=VjjatwmuNEk
archiveofourown.org/works/9499943
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pelswick ruled

YO BUTT YO BUTT YO BIGGIE BIGGIE BUTT

>that episode where pelswick got laid because he had to sit front row of the concert because he was in a chair

I was thinking about this show the other day. If I remember correctly there wasn't much reference to the fact that he was in a wheel chair.

>yfw the creator had a hard life but was a total bro

>Huh why did these characters look so weird
>hear the story behind the creator

:(

elaborate for us user

Yeah fuck off user.
Context.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Callahan_(cartoonist)

thanks

the Mighty Ducks cartoon, but it wasnt about a ragtag and lovable youth hocky team, but about a race of Duck-Man aliens who use hockey based technology in order to fight Reptilians who are trying to conquer earth

Shit he made Action League Now?
Fucking legend

I saw it before the movie and was very confused

Anyone remember this classic?

>watched this before the movies
>thought the movies were going to be as awesome as this series and be in live action with high budget effects
>mfw they were just some lame hockey movies

>that episode where Pelswick gets suspended because he made a puppet of himself and didn't make a wheelchair for it

This show

This is Alyssa. Say something nice about her.

I've been seeing this on a few boards, is this a new meme or is it just one guy spamming it?

Nope, that was Robert Mittenthal, Will McRobb, and Albie Hecht

this bitch plain as fuck, the girls on Braceface were all way cuter than her.

She's from an obscure show

Western Gundam

Where did you get such a high quality, clean pic? Dragon Box?

This is not obscure

bummer

>Callahan became a quadriplegic in an auto accident at 21.[1][2] The accident happened in Callahan's car after a day of drinking. His car was being driven by a man with whom he was bar hopping.
>For 27 years until his death, Callahan's work appeared in the Portland newspaper Willamette Week, whose cartoons occasionally led to boycotts and protests against the paper.
>Callahan scoffed at the reactions of critics who labeled his work politically incorrect, while he delighted in the positive reactions he received from fans with disabilities. "My only compass for whether I’ve gone too far is the reaction I get from people in wheelchairs, or with hooks for hands." Callahan said. "Like me, they are fed up with people who presume to speak for the disabled. All the pity and the patronizing. That’s what is truly detestable."[3]
>Callahan died on July 24, 2010, following surgery for chronic bed sores.[6] His brother stated the causes of his death were complications of quadriplegia and respiratory problems.[2]
>Callahan was also a songwriter. He released a CD, "Purple Winos in the Rain" in 2006. [7] He wrote and composed his own lyrics and sang and played harmonica and ukulele. The record was released on BoneClone Records and produced by blues musician Terry Robb, with a special cameo appearance by Tom Waits. Callahan personally illustrated the album cover. [8]
>John Callahan was adopted as an infant and grew up in The Dalles, 80 miles east of Portland, with five siblings. He attended St. Mary's Academy. [9]At age 8, he was molested by a female teacher.[10] He began drinking at the age of twelve. "I used the alcohol to hide the pain of the abuse," Callahan has said. After the car accident that caused his spinal cord injury, he went through extensive rehabilitation. At the age of 27, he gave up drinking alcohol. He made his home in Portland, Oregon.[11]

Wow, that is pretty much completely based.

I always watched this in the morning with my dad before school

I remember changing the channel

One of my favorites

A

saw it once on a flight to england. never heard of it again, but got the theme song eternally branded in my mind

That episode with the trading card game was the best!

Also sucks that the creator died in 2010.

youtube.com/watch?v=VjjatwmuNEk

that show physically made me sick

I always thought of this as like an off-brand Rocket Power, I don't remember much about it except the dancing in the intro

>that show physically made me sick

yes

I don't know if it was the perpetually sick girl who was always sniffling or just the big potato head shapes and giant noses and beady eyes but everything about this show was disgusting looking to me, especially the main character's little brother and his fat friend

This was a pretty good cartoon

ABC one saturday morning

archiveofourown.org/works/9499943

Okay

Okay.

Everyone remembers this shit.

Actually decent.

Subpar.

Catchy Theme/10

Actually God-tier.

Good, fun, adventurous. Lori was cute.

later days

top tier theme song, top tier art style/animation

Quads was better

>words: 17k

nigga you thought

this show on the other hand, idk why but I really like the art style and the intro was super cool too

Jewish propaganda. The characters were ethnically diverse and the female characters were more masculine than the guys.

so number 1 was supposed to be picard as a kid right?

Jenny is very cute

yeah, even at the time I knew that the tank top and mini skirt combo with the exposed midriff was like a hot thing, I also remember just liking her character for some reason

Kind of like Frankie in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, I also liked her character

I loved the weekenders. The dry humor was right up my alley. Also tinos mom was probably the greatest animated milf of all time. Reminds me a lot of fee from plenetes now that i think about it.

>it's another inverted peanut butter and jelly sandwich episode

I got really invested in this show for no reason at all and I remember it not ending properly and being really upset about it, it was crushing

I remember close to nothing about this show but I blame it and Danny Phantom for getting me into goth chicks

I remember this always aired a lot on sundays, and it always bummed me out. Got to watch them have a blast as a crew while I realized I had no friends and tomorrow is monday.

>this shit was a spin off of batman beyond

Still boggles my mind

Fuck, literally haven't thought about this since it was on probably

It was pretty good.

But Sam from Danny phantom was an unlikable piece of shit

BOYFRIEND

this. It was progressive and ahead of its time without being in your face or looking validation or virtue signaling

ATBG was ahead of its time

>pelswick reboot
>every character has to mention that he's in a wheelchair and how he's so strong for it

poor eddie is still a dog

wtf i love cripples now

When was your childhood?

damn number 3 Is effay af

It annoyed me how much the characters screamed in this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
jesus I remember this from when I was like 8-10 years old

Eddie McDowd must have fucked so many hot bitches in heat in their prime.

Core millennial master race here

I remembered that the other day and couldn't fucking remember what it was called. All I remember was getting a toy for it from Burger King as a kid

That was actually alluded to in the show. He had no problems dating female dogs.

For some reason I loved it as a kid but these days it's rather bad. The chick had one hell of an ass on her though

kek, I think i was 9 or 10 when this show was one and watched it cause nothing else was on, never got invested glad this show never got a proper ending it didn't deserve it

I liked it as a kid because it was the first fully CG show I ever watched. I only saw it a couple of times though