Heard a lot of mixed things about this show and its seasons. I'm looking for a good way to waste my night, /co...

Heard a lot of mixed things about this show and its seasons. I'm looking for a good way to waste my night, /co, is Moral Orel the way to do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA
youtu.be/30R3C3FFRE8
rabb.it/venemousParagon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Watch all three seasons in order and don't skip episodes.
Come back when you're done and tell us your thoughts too

Sure thing, user.

Have fun :^)

Yeah. It's decent satire, it never struck me as openly anti-theist, just more as "food for thought". Some of the religious perspectives are a little skewed bit I like how it portrayed some life like situations.

Yes, but instead you should just do whatever you should be doing, you little shit.

Otherwise your brain will periodically remind you that you have responsibilities you should be taking care of and you won't be able to properly enjoy the show.

First episode on Vimeo. Orel steals the necronomicon and is resurrecting his friend's dead grandpa, because being dead is rejecting the 'gift of life' and so dead people are sinners.

"Orel, that doesn't sound very protestant..."

"Well, at least it's not Catholic! :)"

I made the right move with this show after all, /co.

This is one of the GOAT animated series

Second episode. He's going to squirt his sperm from a pastry bag into sleeping women.

GOAT

So it's highly episodic, in the first season at least, without lasting consequences or plot? I can get behind that as long as it's entertaining.

Some of the episodes are hit or miss in seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 is GOAT, but don't skip any episodes.

Imagine of Bojack Horseman is actually good.

Yes, watch it.

Since you like this then you'll enjoy the episodic shit

Recently binged. A+ show.

It's, quite honestly, one of the best critiques of American Christianity that doesn't resort to "Hurr Durr Christans is dumb; long live Dawkins" anti-theism. The failing of the people of Moralton are their own; not their religion's.

You can go back and watch the first season after watching the whole thing and understand more clearly that its about people using their religion as a scapegoat for shitty behaviour that drives the show as much as it is about Oral's blind faith.

I'll wait for your thoughts after you watch 3 seasons and Beforel too, user.

My all time favorite show since it hits loss to home, and really fucking hilarious

Watch every episode (on hulu, Vimeo, or torrent) and then watch Beforal Orel.

And don't forget to check out Dino's new graphic novel coming out in two weeks

Season 3 has callbacks to previous seasons.

Also be prepared for Alone.

Spoilers, but post yfw this scene

youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA

Also keep in mind season 3 was so depressing that Adult Swim cancelled the show for being too depressing

I'm so glad she was one of the few characters that got a happy ending. I don't know why that scene made me even sadder than others like the teacher's.

Also the show will give you a new found love of The Mountain Goats

One of the best shows out there, OP.

Some anons will tell you only to watch season 3, but they're dirty casuals. Every single season is GOAT. Also, don't forget to watch Beforel Orel once you've finished every episode.

Sculptham just wanted to get her rocks off, even if it was in a really fucking creepy way.

Bendy was so fundamentally broken the one object she could trust not to use her like a dumb whore accidentally touching her butt sent her into a mad spiral.

Well, reviving this as I've just finished season 1. It was a good way to waste my night after all! Season 2 and 3 are even better, right?

Also, that christmas episode was dark as fuck. Did they really just air that shit as the first episode? Does Adult Swim like shows failing, or what?

This isn't funny anymore. They did a dog episode.

it got 3 seasons after so that being the 1st episode was not an issue.

thru season 2 there is a gradual transition in tone til the season finale when things get full season 3 and everything starts folding in on itself to reveal the beautiful cartoon origami that is Moral Orel

>Gradual
Nigga they killed the jesus dog in episode 2 of s2. How far down does this shit go, to make that count as 'gradual'?

Just wait until season 3. Not spoiling anything, but it's a fucking trip

Oh, you sweet summer child

I mean... it does seem to just keep going off the rails in the best way possible

eh, if you have some personal objection to killing a cute puppy out of jealousy that's on you. Still, by the end of season 2 that should seem minor.

Does the nuclear holocaust happen? Do they start gassing the protestants? How deep does Orel have his dick in the rabbit hole?

Just finished the Elementary Orel episode. This kid needs therapy.

I believe that nature will provide him with just the therapy he needs

...D-does he get eaten by a bear?

A wet dream about being spanked by God.

I've had weirder.

this

Speaking of bears...

Grew up in a very Christian household. That Lord's Prayer bullshit is serious. People will flip the hell out over it. Funny to see it in a show, though.

some things you'll do for money
and some you'll do for fun
but the things you do for love
are going to come back to you one by one

My family wasn't so bad as most. My dad was pretty heavily Episcopalian, and from what very little I actually remember of my time snoozing through church, they tried not to get into conflicts. But that sort of thing is just going to happen when you live in a one square mile town with four different churches.

The reverend episode was heartwarming.

Paddy is one of the best characters. Good taste.

I hope no shit happens to her. Finding her dad and being one of the maybe four or five sane people in that little hellhole is a good character resolution.

It's gonna get bleak as fuck

Southern buddha.
Orel finds a healthy way to practice his religion and pray that might actually help him later in life. Meditation. If he's lucky, it might help him survive the shitfest that's season 3...right?

One of those rare shows that nearly all of Sup Forums enjoys

Another thing to let you know, season 3 was so depressing that not only did Adult Swim cancel the show, they cut quite a bit of episodes. It was supposed to be five seasons, with the fourth season dropping the Moral Orel title all together, just being called Moralton. Season 3 was supposed to have twenty episodes, but cut it down to 12-13 and a special, and that special only happened because reruns gave the show high ratings.

Only a few characters get happy endings in the show.

Oh fuck.

...Is at least one of them Orel? Any extra materials, comics, even creator statements?

Don't spoil it

Orel gets a happy ending

Dino has leaked a few of the original scripts, and there is one extra episode that was made very roughly, and only because it was already storyboarded and voice acted. It screened once at a convention and had no public release until two years ago

youtu.be/30R3C3FFRE8

Watch after season 3

Good, I only really want him and the piercing-girl to get happy endings. At first, I wanted his red-headed friend too. But then I remembered that cunt move with Orel's mom. As long as those two get to be happy, that's good.

I won't tell you anything else

Get ready for the wild ride

Am at the episode where Orel's getting prostitutes for everyone.

That made me almost want to cry. I watched this series in a couple days for the first time a couple weeks ago, and went in almost blind. So far, I didn't really have any reasons to be super sympathetic towards Nurse Bendy because she didn't really show all that much character, but holy shit this hit me like a brick in the face.

That's my favorite comedic episode

Starting the 2 part season finale. Wish me luck!

Part 1 of the season 2*. Fuck, being tired makes me retarded.

Good luck!

He'll need it

So far, it's a hunting episode? I don't trust Orel's dad acting...fatherly. Also, 'Ol Gunney'

Oh my god, this is adorable. The Deer is fucking licking him. And I'm hating Orel's dad worse.

I'm keeping my eyes on this thread, specifically for your posts

Oh shit. He's standing up to his dad. He's standing up to that piece of shit...

...And his dad has the rifle. The flies are on him like he's dead flesh. This is going so badly, so fast. 'The blight side of life'.

OP, out of curiosity, what's the darkest (in terms of tone) Western animation you've seen in your life?

Oh god the flies are actually really disturbing. What the fuck this is supposed to be funny.
...And he shot him.
The darkest? The 90s animated Batman comes to mind, but I know I've seen darker. It's just the first that I think of. Fritz the Cat, maybe, but the last I saw it, I wasn't really old enough to understand most of it, so I'd need to rewatch it. Plague Dogs was fucked up...

Wait, I'm retarded. I forgot Watership Down. They played that shit every Easter. Time to start part 2 of the season 2 finale. A small part of me hopes Orel's dad is fucking dead.

First, nice trips.

Second, I recommend Mary and Max, a movie with a very depressing yet humourous in a semi related way

Oh. And now they're showing Orel's dad as the pathetic loser he really is. Wonderful. OH FUCK HES GOT THE GUN

HE FUCKING SHOT HIM

Watching someone watch Nature for the first time is the sickest pleasure but it's hilarious every time

FUCK YOU THERE'S A BEAR

OREL NO DON'T DO THAT SHIT YOU'RE BETTER THAN YOUR DAD

Welcome to Season 3, enjoy your stay.

>mfw this thread

It's like a fucking rollercoaster

You're almost done with Nature.

Welcome to the ride

There are no happy endings, just a series of people settling in life. 'Enjoy' the ride!

"I don't remember it, so it's not my responsibility!"

WHY IS HE ALIVE?

"We'd all give birth to fairysexuals."

"That's just his true nature coming out." I hate the mom too.

Post yfw OP has joined the ride known as Season 3

All right, boys, girls, and that technicolor rainbow in-between. It's time for season 3, episode 1. Any warnings before I get on this wild ride?

Grab tissues, and popcorn

"S3 EP 1. Numb." I'll be a moment before I start, grabbing something to snack on as I watch.

HAND IN UNLOVABLE HAND

While it's fantastic it's not as awful as anons make it seem. If you rewatch Moral Orel enough, the series ends up being a weird kind of comfy

Your Amazon page for purchases of The Mountain Goats

Also, Carolyn Lawrence does a fantastic job

It has the comfiness of childhood's brutal end. Everyone can relate.

I AM DROWNING

THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND

YOU ARE COMING DOWN WITH ME

HAND IN UNLOVEABLE HAND

The moment you've all been waiting for. I've got chips, dip, and blackberry ginger ale. Do you anons wanna join me to watch it on rabb.it, or should I just do it solo?

HAND IN UNLOVEABLE HAND

rabb.it sounds like a good idea.

I might at some point, although I gotta go to the store soon. It's a fucking masterpiece what this show is, get ready for a wild fucking ride. Maybe I'll pick up some snacks.

rabb.it/venemousParagon

My rabb.it. Who's ready for my plummet into s3?

If no one else is gonna join, I'll start it up. Feel free to join at any point, though.

I'd join but I have a doctor's appointment in a few