Reminder that people who wanted to see Hal or John in the DCEU are idiots and fools. The ranking, from best to worst is

Reminder that people who wanted to see Hal or John in the DCEU are idiots and fools. The ranking, from best to worst is
Guy
Jessica
Kyle
Simon
Hal
John
And anyone who believes differently should be beaten

Inb4 "muh ess jay dubbel yoo is ruining DC"

>Jessica being in the top 3

kys

>sleeves on Guy's jacket
You had one fucking job...

Name one (1) bad comic she's ever been in. The whole n52 Justice League was great, and Green Lanterns is great too

They are unnecessary plain and simple. You already have four human lanterns running around, 5 if you really want to count Alan. You don't need muh woman and muh Muslim or whatever the fuck the other one is. Maybe if kyle and guy didn't exist but now it's just silly and unwanted.

Her entire storyline thus far has been boring and repetitive.

>Jessica gets afraid
>Her fear gets her into a dangerous situation
>Simon/civilians/her sister almost dies because of her fear
>muh strong overcoming Deus ex machina
>suddenly defeats villain

Just fucking kill me. I had to unsubscribe from Green Arrow already, this one may be next on my list to go.

This

>no Alan
It's time for you to leave.

>unnecessary plain and simple
I'd like to debate that. Let's start with their origins:
Simon- a Muslim guy who steals a car full of bombs on accident
Okay, I will admit that's dumb
Jessica- Woman who didn't leave her house for three years straight after witnessing a gang murder and seeing her friends killed, chosen by the Earth-3 Volthoom ring because she had great fear, joins the League, overcomes her fear eventually, and earns a real ring
I like that origin, it's a lot better than most GL origins. I mean Kyle was literally picked at random. Her origin is actually cool, second only to Hal's probably.
Now let's look at their flaws. Personally I find flaws to be the best part about comic characters, who are too often depicted as being perfect.
Simon: Often is looking for more power, carried a gun because he didn't trust his ring, can't function in society so he decides to not even live on earth.
The gun thing was a new twist, I was very fond of it.
Jessica: doubts herself, at first could barely hold a construct together, full of fear and anxiety
The whole idea of a lantern being afraid and anxious isn't often used, Kyle was for a bit, and so was John after he destroyed that planet, but neither as much as Jessica.
So I'd say it's fair to say that these characters aren't Mary Sues. They are different than the other lanterns, maybe Jessica more than Simon, but both are good

If they choose Guy for their GL in the DCEU, it'd be the easiest and cheapest route for the costume. No CGI bullshit. Only problem would be the green screen

When has Alan ever been an official green lantern?
That's like the first three issues, tops. You should pick it up, the Phantom Lantern arc and the Volthoom arc are top tier. Also why'd you drop Green Arrow? This run beats the shit out of the n52 runs

Stopped half way through. None of what you said is relevant to the fact that we don't need two more when we already have (debatable) too many as is. Regardless if they have "cool" or clever origin, they have no place. You really want to tell more Lantern stories, there are hundreds of other species to switch it up and really get interesting. It's not even that they are Muslim and women ( tho there was clearly a cause here), it's that they are boring because we have 4 (5?) Lanterns already and it's old and boring.

Bunch of superman clones or batman clones running around is the same problem. So I'm not just bias against lanterns.

No, we all want to see Atrocitious or Larfleeze.

Go away with your Green Lantern crap!

>No Galius Zed

A reasonable complaint, and I do agree that diversity was probably why they were brought in, but I still think they're good characters

It's well past the first three issues, and extends right through the Volthoom arc.

I dropped Green Arrow because I hate his relationship with Black Canary. They've ruined her by turning her into 'muh strong womens' instead of simply being a kick ass strong character. I can't remember if it was her or Oliver that said something about mansplaining, but I stopped reading and cancelled my subscription on the spot.

I replied to the wrong post.

Read this:

It's not better than Lemire's run during new 52. It is better than the other runs, but that's not much of an achievement and it's still not very good.

But most of her appearances are cheesecake tho, in the latest one or two issues there's a scene where Emiko is imaging a very realistic depiction of Oliver dicking her down