Wonder Woman #18 Storytime

Godwatch part two!

ok like I'm not an Azzfag or anything but this run has been pretty fucking boring right? I like other writers' WW and even Rucka's earlier stuff but I don't get it

It has, and increasingly so.
Cheetah is nice though

Next:
>“The Truth” part three! Diana, Steve and Etta come face-to-face with their newest foes—the deadly group known as Poison! But what do they have to do with the plot to unravel Wonder Woman’s life?

Then:
>“Godwatch” part three! Cale launches a desperate gambit to take control of Godwatch, but her plan hinges on two factors she cannot control: the witch Circe, and Wonder Woman!

It's been good for me. I don't get the boring complaint.

Evely draws the qtiest Diana.

I must be the only person who likes both this & Azz's run.
This has vastly better art for Sharp alone but Azz had better writing (minus the ball grabbing scene)

It's good to see more of Evely's work at DC.

Sharp's art is way too rough imo

>Dis artstyle

I've never cummed so hard.

I hope she eventually goes for the Dr. Cyber look that she had in the comics.

I hate Wonder Woman speaking in broken English. It's so stupid.

Tomb Raider Cheetah would actually be the best shit ever.

Creepy as fuck.

>I don't get the boring complaint
Both stories drag a little in places (plus there have been a few other Wondy origin tales to come out in the past year or two so I think people are getting tired of see them). I think both stories will flow better when collected into trades.

It's been a bit slow. Which is especially jarring when all other stories have been going so quickly.

But it's like having two Wonder Woman books.

Rucka is literally writing fan fiction for his waifu now that DC gave him free reign. It has no sense of structure, pacing or plot, just some feel good moments and thousands of splash pages.

Subjective, I was begging for hyperdetailed quality art after how bare minimum Chaing was.
Finch was detailed but it was bad in other areas.

Writing a "safe" Wonder Woman book has always been Rucka's thing.

>villain status quo return

Thanks, Rucka.

I don't know if I like gay twins Phobos and Deimos.

But I guess it's not a very common trope in American media.

Still, it's something that I would expect to see in a live action series. Not a comic.

I hate how they just timeskipped this shit.

Literally the only interesting about this story. Cheetah's origin by Urtzkartaga.

And they skip it.

This is actually a flashback.

But cheetah had already returned last issue anyway.

Who are the black twins supposed to be? Phobos and Deimos in disguise?

That already happened last issue. This is in the past.

Niiiiice.

Yes. That is painfully obvious

I actually don't mind. Really shows how fucked up and confused Diana was when even the reader has no idea what really happened

So... they fucked with Veronica Cale and they honestly expect she won't fuck back?

I really hope she turned them into the dogs...

It's pretty obvious she did, or more specific Circe did.

This is a flashback that ties in with the present arc, its explaining where the current villains came from. Also Cheeta did get turned back into a feline monster in the present by them last issue.

Oooh, good call!

If her face is gone how does she not suffocate or starve?

The gods don't care about your puny anatomy.

This kind of annoys me, honestly. It makes Veronica look more like a victim than a villain. Why can't she just be an evil bitch who hates Wonder Woman, sort of like the Lex Luthor to Diana's Superman?

It's magic, they ain't gotta explain shit.

I don't give a fuck about Cheetah or Veronica Cale and I hate that once again Diana is a fucking supporting character in her own title.

Veronica Cale should also just fuck off, quit trying to make her happen.

I mean, I would go for a series of this freaky monster cheetah living her dreams while trying to stave off her horrible, insatiable hunger for human flesh.

>I'm dead? Whelp time to come up with a cool character name.
kek

God fucking damn this will never not be creepy as hell.

Wonder Bump

Thank you

picked up this issue solely for the variant, which is now hanging on my wall.

Bump

Because then she's just a fucking poor man's Lex. It's what she was in the previous run, and she was so fucking boring for it. Make Circe the one who enjoys fucking with Diana, Cale works better as a tragic villain.

>techno bondage
Marston would approve.

This

bumple stiltskin

Rucka's the type of feminist who can't have any female villain be anything but a misunderstood victim, deep down.

Well she did worn her not to go.

This is actually a Wonder Woman trope from the very beginning.

Veronica Cale is pretty much a modern version of Baroness Von Gunther, Diana's first recurring foe.

Von Gunther also had a daughter who was captured by the Nazis. Wonder Woman freed her daughter and sent the Baroness to Themyscira to learn from the Amazons.

From there she became one of the Amazon's great leaders and a recurring character in her own right.

This theme was repeated during post-crisis with Circe who had a daughter with Ares.
But Circe could never be redeemed so her daughter lived in Themyscira with the Amazons.

She was redeemed for a while though and was even Diana's friend. ...but in the end she turned back to villainy because status quo.