Why did Lego Batman work so damn well?

Why did Lego Batman work so damn well?

Because Lego Batman did what it was intended to do and did it well, be a silly, self referential movie about the Batman series as a whole .

>Lowest Grossing first Batman movie
>Can't even get HALF of Lego Movie's box office
>Bombs hard in China with a pathetic $3.7 million
>Not even in the top 5 of worldwide grosses soon to not even be in the top 10
It didn't

its funny, its smart, it had good characters

it wasn't a piece of shit like BvS but don't let Sup Forums hear that. They'll tell you it was a billion dollar flop and BvS is the pinnacle of capekino

Even though it's a silly parody, TLBM understands why people like Batman. Snyder doesn't.

Also, after the joyless BvS, a movie about Batman learning to lighten up was a lot of fun to see.

It was a movie for kids aimed at kids.

Sup Forums only pretends to like the DCEU for shitposting purposes.

Everyone liked Snyder batman and even superman, as for superman the normie complain was that there was too little superman, Fuck off, the movie is a piece of shot but both superman and batman were well liked

It's been out for one month and already made more than Ghostbusters '16.

>90527999

No, they don't, they like that is a blockbuster that looks good and that has cinematographic merits, Sup Forums hates generic stuff over anything else, so a movie that tries to do something different gets praise even if it's completely shit, they don't give a fuck about the shitty story. It's like someone lookin at a Jim Lee comic and only caring about the art and composition and ignoring everything about the writing.

They are autistic, for the record that board also believes Micheal Bay is a good director.

And that was a flop. Look we alliked Lego batman, but Sup Forums needs to stop pretending is an amazing movie when it's just a competent movie for kids.

>90528050
You're embarrassing yourself

>people liked superman

At best people like Cavil, not snyderman. I never saw people not give a fuck about the Mc of the franchise dying...as much as with snyderman. Nobody ducking cares or talks about it.

Bay's done some very good films though

well, theres transformers 1

People like fun things

People like dramatic things or dark things but you gotta make them good

I guess the point is people like good things and dislike bad things

Cavill and Affleck were well cast. Movie had its moments, but was bad overall.

At the very least, it was worlds better than Suicide Squad.

>Nobody ducking cares or talks about it.

Probably since they never pretended he wasnt coming back? and we saw that he was alive in the very end of the movie?

go away

Kinoposting is a joke but you can tell by some replies a bunch of mad men are serious about it.

Kinoposting is a joke, liking snyder isnt.

I hard for them to dislike snyder when in the era of the SJW he is serious about doing the Washington Robot chicken stuff into a movie.

Incorrect.

and pain and Gain and 13 hours, a fair bit of his 90's work was decent too

It wasn't a try hard piece of shit

incorrect

My dick made more than ghostbusters 16.

Snyder should do movies like Machete and a Bueno excelente trilogy.

Every serious aspect of every board's "culture" started as a joke before people that weren't in on it took it at face value. How do you think MLP happened? Why do you think Sup Forums is now full of anti-semites and racists?

>Everyone liked
No.

For all intents and purposes it was a LEGO Movie 2. Not a sequel but the execution was similar.

how about you and the faggot that brought up ghostbusters leave?

He didn't watch BvS user, he doesn't know that.

Shitting on Michael Bay is dumb though. He has made good films and he's also had WILDLY successful ones (not necessarily the same movies).

>when in the era of the SJW

Jesus, so liking Snyder's silly macho bollocks is how you fight the war for your mind against the

Fucking.

Goddamn.

Stupid SJW boogeyman, the stupid idea your masculinity is being attacked from every woman who rejects you so you project your hatred onto liberal whiners, giving them more credibility than they're worth, and demonizing legitimate social justice movements to the point where memes are being made into nazi symbols?

Am I living in a fucking madhouse? Which film you support at the box office isn't a political statement.

Name a single "legitimate" social movement being pushed in the movie theatre.

We live in a highly divisive political landscape you stupid fucking britbong. You may not live here but that's what this country is. When ghostbusters can literally run a fucking "muh sexism" ad campaign, we as consumers can absolutely sit here and say "fuck you, I'll go see my macho movies."

It's not a fucking boogeyman and anyone saying that is either a fucking foreigner or a faggot. "Too macho, and too dark" were the prevalent BvS complaints in the reviews. I don't give a fuck what you think about it or anyone on here. The reviews were essentially "boys being boys in underwear, YAY Wonder Woman." That's not being a reviewer that's being a prototypical SJW.

>liking Snyder's silly macho bollocks
No, liking them is another side of the spectrum. You'd side with those who spam shit like cuck, beta nunumale and the like. SJW are fucking nuts. They'll destroy themselves. For most of the part don't let them trigger you. Like nigga just walk away from the screen. It still pisses me off what they did with that joker/batgitl cover and how they bitched over the amazing spiderwoman's ass. They don't even read comics.

>britbong
Try again you ill-informed moron.

>ghostbusters can literally run a fucking "muh sexism" ad campaign
That failed because it was a shit movie with nothing more than "THERE'S WOMEN IN IT" to sell the thing, so it tanked, only liberal idiots, who bought into that, went to see it, and probably defend it with the same tenacity you defend your Randian Schumacher movies.

>can absolutely sit here
I like how to an American this sounds like a declaration of steadfastness, and not like you're a slacker bitch.

>"Too macho, and too dark" were the prevalent BvS complaints in the reviews
Because it was an exercise in bloated grumpiness. Men actually have emotions, dude, and that's what characters are built on. Being allowed to express those emotions and convey them to an audience in an effective way is what makes a good movie. You're saying that all that's faggot SJW crockery, but that sitting down to a movie of two beefy CGI puppets beating each other is a daring statement of masculinity.

You're pathetic and sad, and that's coming from someone replying to you on the men in tights forum on Sup Forums.

Because Lego Joker is CUTE

They're going to shit all over the wonderwoman movie too, because it'll be trash you idiot.

It wasn't so far up it's own ass that it suffocated.

Man your butt-hurt about the Snyder films

I know how you feel I've been a DC fanboy since I was a kid and I fucking hate how Snyder ruined everything

Wonder Woman and Justice League will fix everything.

I refuse to reply to the rest of that garbage since you refused to defend your point about legitimate social issues.

Also, like I noted, you're a foreigner. So you have literally no clue what it's like in America.

If you aren't a britbong and use the word bollocks you deserve to be drowned in a hemp satchel.

I hope so I really hope so

At this point I'm more excited to see Chris Pine and I'm wondering if he can save the movie

I'm not and I don't necessarily enjoy "defending" it. But Wonder Woman and her side plot were one of the major problems with that movie. Remove her and Doomsday and you have a decent movie.

Too dark and too macho aren't legitimate criticisms of a movie. Critics can't sit here and praise wolverine for not wearing a suit because it's silly and then tell me the guys in the pajamas are too gritty.

And you can't tell me BvS is too macho and that Logan isn't.

People have any reason to hate the editing mess that was the theatrical cut and you can't force them to watch the ultimate cut which is way better, I still think BvS UE would've gotten 50% at best, as a lot of people had also issues with some fundemantal aspects of the movie.

That's true Snyder did the worse mistake you could do and that's put too much shit into one movie

It didnt. It was bad.
They went way too overboard with the douchebag Batman thing making it hard for parents to bring their kids to it even if the end message was a positive one.
And the Barbara Gordon shit ruined it for any adult with a brain -- the plot came out of nowhere and went nowhere

Also went overboard with the faggot Joker thing

I think the director described their relationship as "brotherly" in an interview, but it didn't come off that way at all.

because it was for manchildren and it didn't pretend not to be