Thoughts on Sergio Aragones?

Thoughts on Sergio Aragones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzac_3Y_Tng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally who

Non-American comics are barely known on Sup Forums
Even the Beano is uncommonly talked about.

I read his Blair Witch parody a little while ago.

It was somewhat amusing.

Good cartoonist, which means nobody knows him.

He's done art for mad magazine for decades, as well as Groo the Wanderer. Maybe not a household name but if you were born before 2000 odds are one has seen his strips.

Sergio Aragones killed Marty Feldman and drew a comic strip about it.

He´s a pretty good cartoonist, and he even had an interesting life before working in MAD. Jorge Gutiérrez (El Tigre creator) has a very funny anecdote about him. Plus, he studied architecture.

Probably the only guy who could get away with explaining economics with a cartoon about a warpathing lunatic

How about you go fuck yourself with a stick. 9/10, I am mad.

I really like him, his wordless cartoons in MAD are great and I like his style.

Interview with Sergio Aragaones by Stan Lee in The Comic Book Greats

youtube.com/watch?v=yzac_3Y_Tng

Damn, this man is a drawing machine!

Meet him at comixon last year and got a photo and a comic with autograph.

Love him, mastered gag based strips without the use of any dialogue whatsoever.

I've only read his Groo and that issue in DC's artist anthology(forgot the name)

The Beano (& Dandy) is uncommonly talked about because it's utter shit. Good for only bored children with nothing to do.

Still one of the fastest cartoonists out there!

Hoping to meet him at a comic con this year, I've heard he's absolutely lovely

Solo

His DC parody was on-fucking-point.
>Is it a mugging or are they telling Batman's origin again?

>Hoping to meet him at a comic con this year
Me too; both Sergio and Stan Sakai will be heading to the UK later in the year and I'm trying to figure out what I want them to sign.

He rocked the stache.
Got a nice cameo in Natacha as a CIA agent after showing LA to Walthery.

>Aragones
>non-american comics
And here we see the retard in its natural habitat.

I thought he died.

Awesome bait. Unless truly retarded.

Oldfag here, and I purchased and read Mad Magazine during the mid 70's through the mid 80's. Sergio Aragones was a pure drawing machine, much like his cohorts at the mag. Sergio and Don Martin literally carried the thing with their talent.

And then there's Groo. Holy shit, the first 50 or so issues of that had so much work put into it. The man is a goddamned legend, period.

He is based

I don't know much about him as a person, but I like his stuff.

I remember he occasional drew "find the item" for Weekly World News.

Kinda upset at Mad because it's like 30% Trump jokes now and there's only like 5 or 6 margin doodles per issue when there used to be 12 or so

I would wax his mustache.
If you know what I mean.

Almost GOAT level cartoonist. Groo is brilliant. Throwaway Mad gags are brilliant. His 60s/70s DC stuff is severely underrated (Plop, gags in the horror books, he even wrote westerns).

Hah so you're doing the Lakes too? Been before?

I'm hoping to meet Jason too. Serious lineup for a UK con

Holy shit yeah, his Bat Lash book with John Severin is a thing of beauty. Fanboy is great too, if a bit dated now

This will be the first time to Lakes for me. I'm going for Stan Sakai, but I'll try and catch Sergio as well.

>tfw Al Jaffee is still alive and working for MAD at 96 years old

one of the greatest and funniest cartoonists ever. certainly one of MAD's individual best idiots along with Jaffee and DeBartolo. The marginals he drew in the '70s always crack me the fuck up.

That guy can't still be alive, can he?

Fucking classic though. One of the blessed few in the MAD rooster that was actually funny.

Super sad about Duck.

>That guy can't still be alive, can he?
79 and still working

Seems like a sweet old guy. Kinda bummed that he hates comic piracy, but I guess I can't blame him.

I found some early Sergio in an old DC Archie ripoff book.

Sergio is a great guy and an amazing cartoonist. I met him several times when I was younger, living in SoCal and doing a lot of smaller local cons/shows. It's not just that he's fast, it's like his art is pure *instinct*. He'd be sitting at a table, looking you in the eye and having a nice conversation, and meanwhile his drawing hand was moving on friggin' automatic pilot, scribbling out tons of great stuff without his even looking at it! Nothing but respect for the man.

He looks like my grandpa and dresses like my grandpa, even has the same mustache(Sergio has the better looking one tho) that my grandpa has. My grandpa has a better looking hairline though, they are almost the same age too. They look pretty darn alike, it must be the Spanish blood.

He's good but I prefer Tom Bunks work

He's a cool guy

this too

YOU FUCKING CUNT GET OFF THIS BOARD

*Breathe*

One of the best humour cartoonists in the biz--EVER.
And he can charm the knickers of any woman, or so I hear...so, yeah, one of the greats. Groo will always be something special.

I heard his Dad was in POUM

Haven't read the DC one, but his take on Marvel was fantastic.

>*tumblrs*