Where does it rank?

where does it rank?

Hercules? Made 252.7 mil at the box office, tends to get seen as a little shit compared to other Disney flicks.

I don't really see why though. James Woods alone made that movie fantastic.

I want to fuck that hydra.

Meh. Songs are nice and villain is great, but the rest the of the movie is pretty unremarkable. Hercules' montages of building up his hero career the highlight. Everything else before or after is pretty much a blur.

It doesn't help that the action was pretty bad.

Love the movie. Hades is one of the best Disney villains by and far.

>Charismatic like a car salesman
>Goes from chill to furious in a nanosecond
>Is ambitious on a cosmic scale
>One of the best Disney villain schemers, considering he spent 20 years preparing a coupe of the gods of all creation
>Almost took over everything, and if Pain and Panic were competent, he would have

It feels weird rewatching this nowadays, what with what I now know about Greek mythology. Namely Zeus' horniness.

>It doesn't help that the action was pretty bad.
I was just about to post this. I always hated the fact that legitimate action was near nonexistant in this movie. Kung Fu Panda did Hercules' formula much better and is way more memorable.

>>Almost took over everything, and if Pain and Panic were competent, he would have

If Hades was competent you mean, he knew Pain and Panic were idiots. Why did he leave such task to them?

I grew up on a bunch of hercules-based CD-ROM things like the interactive storybook and Hades' Challenge, so it has a fond place in my heart.

I like the artstyle.

Still my favorite Disney movie
Probably because it was the first I saw in theatres

The Playstation game is a must play even if it's a cakewalk.

Probably the best Superman movie, maybe even better then the Donner films.

No idea why it was called Hercules, though.

I'll go with this. It's why when this movie gets brought up people only talk about Hades' performance or the music. Or Greek mythology in general. They really could've done a lot more with this movie.

Mah man!

anyone else think meg is an underrated princess? love that noir-ish thing she's got going on

Disney didn't own Marvel back then, so they couldn't get the rights.

was she the only non-virgin princess?

Was she even a princess?

Not really but she's a leading female in a Disney movie so might as well. Same as Mulan (though Mulan is in the official product line at least).

Susan Egan will always be my waifu.

girl can't sing for shit, but other than that she's pretty great

>tfw I have often dreamed

>girl can't sing for shit
Say that to my face and not online, fucker.

>Bless my soul! Herc was on a roll!
>Person of the week in every Greek opinion poll!
>What a pro! Herc could stop a show!
>Point him at a monster and you're talkin' SRO!

Best Disney song.

Still bummed we never got that direct-to-DVD sequel where Herc goes crazy and murders his family.

The tv show was pretty dope, I used to watch it before school.

I liked the anime one better