Lmao DC is dead

>Lmao DC is dead
>haha press F
>JUST
>it's gonna flop isn't it
Total production budget of 5 DC movies was $1 099 000 000.
If we multiply it by 2 we get production + marketing budget. $2 198 000 000.
Total gross of these movies is $3 390 169 174.
That leaves us with $1 192 169 174 in revenue.

Face it. It doesn't matter how bad the movie is. There's no way for a well marketed movie to flop in this day and age.
As soon as studios really feel their power, theaters will flood with pure unfiltered garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk&feature=youtu.be&t=125
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Movie studios don't operate by a franchise's collective gross, user.

Just proves the fact that we WANT Feminist movies. Here come the next wave.

F

>Unironically entrusting your planned billion dollar franchise to Zack fucking Snyder
>when that fails you bring in Joss Whedon and horror directors

What did they expect?

You do realize that the studios don't get 100% of the gross for themselves, right?

>That leaves us with $1 192 169 174 in revenue.
1.2m revenue from 3.4m expenditure means you only get one dollar for every 3 dollars spent. And that assumes the studio get 100% of the revenue, which you don't. It is more likely half that, which meant 1 dollar earned for every 6 dollars spent. That is under 17% return, which is way too low.

>1.2m revenue from 3.4m expenditure means you only get one dollar for every 3 dollars spent.

>Total gross of these movies is $3 390 169 174.
>That leaves us with $1 192 169 174 in revenue.
Studios only get 50-55% of the gross, user.

>brainlets don't even know what revenue means

f

Gay jew Flash interviews jew Wonder Woman and talks about evil whites at 2:05

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk&feature=youtu.be&t=125

>Total gross: 3.4B
>Studio revenue: 1.7B
>Total costs: 2.2B
>Losses: 500M

JUST

What I thought was that it needed more CGI.

Some of the setpiece fights were placed into closed, structures similar to a sewer. The scenes reminded me of the sewer scenes of TDKR at some point. I wonder if placing the fights into an open and dynamic scenario wouldn't have worked better for the scale of Justice League. But alas, they do have something that resembles a trademark here, the heroes combating the villains in the underground hidden away from the big chunks of the populace was perhaps new - to me.

Many other things, like the bad guys at the beggining of the movie. There's a moment where the 3D frames the bullet going directly towards your sight. That type of thing imo diminishes the mood.

Also one thing that made TDK trilogy good is perhaps the fidelity to portraying fantastic situations that are really similar to paralel events happening in real life. This kind of portrait of reality helps giving the audience some ground of relatability and connection.

Also maybe its just me, but the heroes needed to look more epic and triumphant when they arrived at the screen. So does the villain as well. the mood and tone set definitely didn't help much...

The story needed more drama as well. More gut wrenching, thriller moments.

The runtime of 2 hours (120 minutes) felt just right, the story itself adjusted just fine within the time restraint.

About the box office.

First of all its not really fair to call it a disappointment.

If the budget of this movie had stayed in the original 200M range the thing would have been a success. But then things happened and then you get a 300M budget movie that will need 600M to break even (not even counting the marketing) total of earnings needed could very well end around 750M

Again lets see the legs. The movie is highly family friendly. All fans can do is hope for JL to have a good word of mouth and a good, muscular pair of legs. And then get to 800M worldwide

We want DC to be JUST LIKE MARVEL!!

Justice League was a step in the right direction, More quips, less tension, and light heartedness. I hope we NEVER see another Nolan/Snyder esc serious DC film again. We want MARVEL. NOT dark and edgy.

i like how they put gal in front and pad the roster with a bunch of fucking shits no one liked in suicide squad

If they did like 90% of movies would be flops.

>Early reports suggested Justice League was tracking to make 96m opening weekend
>It only make 93m

bravo joss

>Early reports

Those were the final reports before the actual numbers
Early tracking was 150 million, and DCucks were already saying that was too low and it would be higher because those things "are always wrong and it makes more"

>Those were the final reports before the actual numbers
whatever, you know what I meant
and I wasnt even expecting any of the prerelease reports because I expected this shit to be shit

A lot of people were doing Thanksgiving shopping this week and couldn't make it out to the theater. Week 2 will likely be strong.

Sure it will

Are you actually trying to dispute basic facts?

It was actually tracking at 110M before opening weekend

I meant its projection after opening night

My post was making fun of the initial low 96m not even being reached

I should have started with

>tracking to make 100+ million opening weekend
>projected to make 96 million after opening night
>actually only made 93 million when real numbers released
>

>A lot of people were doing Thanksgiving shopping this week and couldn't make it out to the theater. Week 2 will likely be strong.

So they invested 2 billions to profit a percentage of 1 billion, over the span of 4 years?

And you think that's a good investment?

Domestic they only get around 80% of the money, and foreign they only get about 65% of the money

>and foreign they only get about 65% of the money
kek
15-20% at most dude

Doesn't matter you nu-male cuck. Even shittiest capeshit flicks like Snyder movies and Thor 2 generate hundreds of millions in profits. What matters is the fact that with each shitty DC movie their sales and brand reputation drop closer to gutter which is a terrible thing if you plan on shitting out 50 movies in a cinematic universe that was supposed to compete with MCU. JL had worse opening weekend than god damn Suicide Squad and that trend is only going to follow if they keep releasing turds.