Worst Pixar Movie?

You can't argue with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not any of the Cars movies.

This. Brave would have been the lowest rated Pixar movie if not for Cars 2.

I never saw it but it just looks like
>nonconforming female the movie
am I correct? is this why the movie tanked?

It has great waifus, so no, it's not.

I find myself liking the movie a little more each time I watch it. I'd actually really like a sequel, since I like everything about the movie EXCEPT the story. So another movie with the characters, setting, etc. but with a better story, I'd be down for.

If the whole movie had the atmosphere of the spooky bear castle it could be good, but it's a tonal mess.

Cars 1 was good. Cars 2 was a piece of shit. It's still more competent than Brave, though.

She turns her mother into a fucking bear because she doesn't want to marry
she's a little self-absorbed cunt

You asked a question, what's the point in arguing against a question?

Weak plot, meh lead, especially uncompelling antagonist, ginger minions for comic relief

There's a number of things

This movie had serious third act problems, it's like someone who hadn't even read the script rewrote the end of the movie entirely

It tanked because it was nothing like what was advertised, which was Ginger Mulan: The Movie.

If Cars can get a sequel and spinoffs Brave can surely get a sequel, right?

What's the worst Pixar movie that ISN'T Cars related?

Great waifus don't save shitty movies , dude

Yeah, really, she should've just signed her life away, fucking cunt. How dare she want to make her own decisions!

Jesus Christ, it's not like she didn't realize she fucked up, the whole movie was about her realizing her mistake and trying to change her back.

Eleanor is a milf, You can't disprove this.

because it most likely happened, they removed Brenda Chapman, original director.

Make a sequel all about Maudie and her big boobed misadventures.

>How dare she want to make her own decisions!
poisoning her own mother was a fucking great decision yup

You ever think the pixar animators that work on things like this have massive erections while they're animating?

>poisoning your mother because she wants you to follow an archaic tradition is okay!

People need to realize that "I want you to marry this person" is a pretty drastic request but it's not fucking evil

This movie was utter shit

This is the worst Pixar movie. FITE ME

Probably not because they do the animation work before they do the rendering, so it looks like ugly shit.

I'd honestly hate that job. At least for a 2D animator the pencils can still look good.

Brave isn't bad, shit is confy as fuck.

She didn't know it would turn her into a fucking bear and regretted her decision, didn't she? It's not like she was trying to kill her mom, she thought it'd be a harmless spell to get her to change her mind.

?? did pixar even make this? user we're talking about shitty pixar movies, and also I heard this movie was great.

high alch yourself, you stupid fuck.

That's Laika, cabron

And it was fine

How in the world can the Seven Samurai be a bad movie?

What I want to know is why Merida got away with poisoning her mom and turning into a bear, almost getting her killed by her own husband and almost plunged four clans into an all-out war. Yes, she didn't know the effects her actions would have but I'm pretty sure doing at least the first thing would be grounds for some sort of punishment.

It probably wasn't relevant to the plot, but probably happened off screen.

disney women get away with everything.

I'm sure the nightmares of what transpired in Arendelle and the strange looks she gets in public from time to time are punishment enough. And besides, who wants to be the unlucky bastard to try something like that on Elsa? The last time that happened she almost killed two guys.

Good Dinosaur and Monsters U are worse than Cars 2, which was a little worse than Brave.

You haven't seen Finding Dory I'm guessing?.

I'd probably put Monsters U on the same level as Brave. Not amazing, but fun enough.

I never saw The Good Dinosaur, but heard from just about everyone I've asked that it's not very good.

when they reshuffled talents with disney pixar started to make weak movies

Good dinosaur is just straight up plain oats bland

The environments are ridiculous but the characters themselves are gumby tier

I can't watch this movie because there are no bears in ireland

Top troll. Nearly ragesponded.

>She didn't know it would turn her into a fucking bear
A witch gave her what she thought was a mind-controlling pie

Is that any better?

Is her face creepy to anyone else?

she was a villain originally

It's downs-creepy not evil-creepy, though

The movie tanked because it sucked. is pretty spot on with what it was advertised as. I think everyone was excited to see that. Instead we got a whiny bitch with zero control over her actions and emotions.

It's not all that bad

Am I legit retarded or doesn't this take place in Scotland?

I can't hardly remember the trailers except for the bit of her climbing a cliff face or something

Did it really?

No, that would be Up.

fish.png

Oh really? Go on, tell me which part of that piece of shit you liked? The grumpy old man, the annoying mongoloid, Big Bird's retarded cousin or the dog lifted straight from Dexter's Lab?

No he just cried at the first 2 minutes that revealed that GASP old people die and that's like super sad boohoo
literally no one gives a shit about the rest of the movie

For like 2/3rds of the movie. Then there's an inexplicable magic plot and the story completely changes from "girl trying to break social norms" to "understanding between family members is important." The focus on the mom in the latter part of the movie is out of nowhere.

It's amazingly terrible on even a base level.

Well, you're not wrong. Up is an amazing short with a mediocre movie attached to the back of it.

>hating the best girl

Brenda Chapman's version was supposed to be heavily focused on the relationship between Merida and her mother. If anything it means the first part of the movie is what got altered when they dropped Chapman.

IIRC a lot of the trailers showed her riding though the forests on her horse and shooting arrows at stuff, especially the infamous "Shooting for my own hand scene" that they put into every trailer because they wanted to hype that shit up as much as possible to make up for the lack of action in the movie on a whole.

The soundtrack is pretty good though

Why was she removed? I was going to college at the time and people loved to scream because of misogyny but what was the official reason?

Fuck you and everything you stand for, A Bug's Life is great and Pixar's most underrated film. It's animation is nice, it uses its setting and premise well, the soundtrack is phenomenal, the characters are likable and memorable, and it has hands down, by far, the best villain Pixar's ever produced.

>Expect a fantasy epic
>Maybe something like Braveheart but Mel replaced by a girl
>Get a story about a woman being turned into a bear where the main villain is also a bear
>Main character doesn't actually do anything particularly brave enough to warrant the title of the film

>worst
no
>most boring
probably yes
I mean, It's so boring you can't even have hate thread about it cause all flaws are already mentioned. Like here here hereand here

It's got many problems, but it's hardly the only Disney-Pixar film that got its creative team replaced halfway through resulting in a schizophrenic mess. Pretty much all of them at that time were like that.

This is what happens when toy sales decide character billing.

I love how Merida's character is so boring that fanfiction writers have to lump her together with characters from other unoverses for her to have any depth.

Her life was in danger multiple times within the movie itself. What punishment would be worse? I think she got hers.

I think the worst thing was

>Archery advertised like it's absolutely key to the story, and at the heart of the character and plot
>Turns out the protagonist just happens to enjoy archery and other than her "I'll compete for my own hand" moment, barely mattered.

Funny how bows are being pushed has weapons for woman/weaker characters when they actually require a lot of upper body strength to draw and fire them.

Less than swinging a huge piece of metal while also catching swings from other huge pieces of metal with your huge piece of metal-banded wood and also wearing a lot of metal while running around for the duration of hours does. Standing on a nearby hill and loosing arrows is nothing compared to melee.

Swords weren't used that much in wars and they weight far less than people think. Archers also wore all kinds of armor because they were being shot at too. Even full plate armor isn't that heavy or restrictive due to it being balanced over your entire body.
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

Seriously. For all she knew that pie could've just killed her mom. Elinor is the true hero of the film for putting up with her daughter's bullshit.

For whatever reason crossbows and spears aren't popular weapons for protags.

Neither are maces even though they're much better to use when fighting an armored opponent

From what I can gather based on my admitted limited knowledge it was a bunch of executive meddling after production had begun that resulted in her getting pulled from the director's chair when she wouldn't play ball.

Actually it's worse the WITCH herself told the bitch Merida that magic is a terrible idea to use to solve problems. Yet Merida insisted. And even when she cursed her mother? She denied wrong doing for most of the transformation incident.

Merida is a cunt and I hate how many morons think she's a great role model. Women already have no accountability in real life, so now we're encouraging them to do immoral shit through media? Fuck the USA and its terrible Pro-Female media.

She becomes the Enabler of her daughter's bullshit at the end of the movie when she does indeed change to suit Merida's entitlements. Fuck this awful movie.

And before anyone here says it, Elinor wanted to marry Merida off because let's face reality, marriage is not good for men. In fact it's slavery for men, but for women? They're set for life. Merida is already privileged as a princess, but a kept princess? Privilege increased.

This

People don't realize it these days with our obscene sloth and quality of life, but she was insanely privileged in a way only a fraction of humanity ever experienced. Having to marry someone, for the good of her people by the way, was the absolute worst thing to happen in her life. In medieval Scotland. Hell medieval ANYWHERE having that be the worst thing to happen to you would be a blessing.

Maybe if the guys were all assholes but at worst they were doofuses.

Because it lets women fight while keeping them out of physical danger, since people still have an issue with the idea of women getting hurt in battle.
Same reason women in modern military settings are always snipers or pilots.

It's like all these faggots don't want warrior woman or amazons to appear more often in media

Give Malazan Book of the Fallen a read for crossbow use.
Read Stormlight archives for spear use.

When crossbows are used by protagonists they turn into funny shaped semiautomatic guns.

I liked the one in Van Helsing. Yeah it was retarded but it was the fun kind of retarded

At least the Nips know what's up

>Western fantasy game
>No spear option
>If there is a spear option 90% chance is it's a thrown weapon
>Nip game
>Spear fighting is a fully supported melee option
Spears is one of the few things Nip games always do right

Don't know about most guys, but I just don't believe in the bullshit about women being tough warriors at all. And how they portray women as kicking ass is amazingly far removed from reality to the point it's blatantly Gynocentric propaganda.

Only beta males like this junk. Would be hilarious to see a female character try to do the Kill Bill thing and instead gets brutally on screen butchered for pretending to be tough. But unfortunately beta loser males would be the first bitches to complain, not the women who would be the secondary bitches to whine.

Men have this disgusting instinct where they feel they got to coddle pussy no matter what. It's honestly revolting when men go and excuse a woman who say murdered an innocent but the man's penis is the only thing that prevents the twat from answering for her crimes. This is why women essentially avoid going to jail.

Fuck this game. Link cross dresses to get into Gerudo Town for.....no reason. They never explain why men are forbidden (and a chunk of the Gerudo figure out he's a guy and don't care either). Some faggot at Nintendo just wanted to masturbate to Link being emasculated via cross dressing. Wasn't it bad enough that Link was being bitched at by Zelda in this game and he did nothing about it and just took her shit?

Also the Gerudo are uglier this time around and I don't mean just because of the art style, but they're mostly flat chested muscular women so they look more like guys. Plus the ugly ass long noses are off putting.

>Also the Gerudo are uglier this time around
Uh huh, sure

The IDEA of the Gerudo has always been more appealing than the reality. I think they're fine.

>famous beautiful guy who's full of himself
>handsome oaf who looks like a shy but goodhearted guy
>a literal retard (possibly savant)
The Oaf or the Rockstar were bot very tolerable choices. Instead she almost killed her mother and caused a Clan War. She was an entitled little bitch who wasn't beaten enough as a kid, and her brothers are growing up to be the same type of hellions. Also BULLSHIT did none of the guys want to marry her: pretty, quick-witted and good with a bow is pretty much high tier as far as princesses go.

The movie would have been better if Meridia wasn't the main character.

It's the opposite of Mulan, which is a bad movie saved by Mulan being great.

You have to remember that the other guys are in the same situation. "Hey son, we're getting you hitched to some chick you never met before so we can score political points with her dad." Brave could have been a lot better if it had been Merida and one of her suitors running away from the arranged marriage, buddy-comedy style.

Now that might have been worth a watch.

Has that ever been done before? Two people arranged to be married platonically running away together?

>not the entire future generation of the nobility saying "fug dis" and skedaddling

You could have shit like another enemy country swooping in to try and uproot the noble blood lines n shiet and have the niggas learn about duty and all that good stuff

Sounds like a screwball comedy or one of the Road to... movies.

Yeah, as someone who loves dinosaurs, the Good Dinosaur was real bad.

Brave was godawful, but what really makes it PAINFUL is the fact that it had the seeds of greatness.

I mean, come on. Cars is about a race car driver...that's a race car. Cute, yeah, bu the concept is small, self-limiting.

Brave had MERIDA, to this date perhaps the best character design the mouse has made.

Brave had that title. Goddamn, what a good title, especially combined with the looks of the MC.

Brave had the Mythological Isles as a setting. Fucking hell, the will'o'wisps even in this crippled fragment of a movie were awesome.

All Brave needed was a STORY. Make it a prettier version of Braveheart, with Merida defending her family and home against the Wild Hunt, for example.

Make it spooky and awesome, with huge battle scenes that MEAN SOMETHING, with Merida rallying the clans of her suitors by her courage and grace and strength, rather than her amazing looks.

Brave had the potential for GREATNESS.

Instead we got...this.

What a giant waste.

I never expected anything out of Cars. Brave could have been, SHOULD have been, better.

Everybody involved should be ASHAMED.

Even a low-key fantasy story in the vein of a fairy tale would have been more appropriate given the ad campaign.

It did not make you feel or love. Nothing clever happened.

GM: Sure, you can make your character the princess. It's going to be more of a political intrigue/war between clans campaign, so it's a good thi ng you took some combat skills. The campaign starts with an arranged marriage, so I'll fit her in there.

Merida: I want her to be independent! She wants to be her own woman and not marry!

GM: No prob, we'll do a little roleplay with, lets say, your mother and we can get into the campaign I wrote after talks break down.

One session later....

GM: Okay, we're done with the back story you wanted. Finally. You and your mother are at an impasse. Can we move on?

Merida: Merida wants to continue fighting with her mother until she understands women's sufferage.

One session later...

GM: Steve's one legged fighter is all combat. Are you sure you want to leave him to do all the negotiating? Your character hears angry shouts and clanging of weapons from the meeting hall, and you took all those ranks in Diplomacy.

Merida: I'm going to try pitching a fit at my mother until I get my way. Can I cast spells?

GM: No.

Merida: I wreck the tapestry in my room.

One more session later....

Merida: I rolled a 100 on the d100, and now you have to let her find a witch. You said I could if I rolled 100.

GM: Fine! You find a witch! She turns your mother into a bear! She's a bear now! Now lets get back to the castle-

Merida: But... I don't want her to be a bear. I try to ask the witch to change her back.

GM: She's gone! Forever! With magic!

Merida: I want to go on a journey to rescue my mom from being a bear through a journey of self discovery and understanding.

Steve: I've decided that my one legged fighter lost his leg to a bear. So he hates all bears, has heard that there is a bear in the kingdom, and will stop at nothing to kill it.

GM: Thank you Steve. All of the clansmen inexplicably stop fighting long enough to agree that they should all join forces to kill this fucking bear.

Not a bad thing for Frozen 2 though. Elsa is top, then Olaf, while Anna & Kristoff are barely there since their sales are shit.

Anyone who thinks teenagers don't make dumb decisions and wouldn't jump at the chance to fix things through magic haven't had kids and don't remember what it was like to be a teenager.

I'm sorry, but A Bug's Life was much worse.