I wanted to fucking watch a movie about exploration and the human spirit...

I wanted to fucking watch a movie about exploration and the human spirit , not some soy-blood director unsubtly using this 1910's hunk to push his extremely modern atheism, progressivism and feminism. God what a fucking disaster.
Also next time don't cover your entire movie in a piss filter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-J8TZJUTi4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go watch Embrace Of The Serpent.

>soy-blood
cringe

>soy
alt right redditor leave

found the tofu lovers

This

soyboys get mighty upset when called out

What's wrong with progress?

pic related it's the director

Good soyim.

I don't know, but progressives sure seem to hate it

Well, don't use historical characters as mouthpieces for your modern political ideology...It added nothing to the movie, only made it cheaper.

what the fuck were you expecting from a netflix/amazon movie?

I didn't even notice any of that, I liked the movie btw.

Progress to what? A half african world like what we are headed right now.

>Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

I cant help cracking up when liberals use this.

Agree 100%. Except for the buzzwords.

Guessing you need more red meat in your diet. A LOT more red meat.

This They only used the historical setting to make what he was talking about stand out more.
They have no shame anymore. I was watching an adventure movie and then suddenly at the half mark feminism and shit. I was like what the fuck is happening.
You could try watching the movie instead of shitposting on Sup Forums.
>burgerland binary concept of politics
I can't help cracking up when ameridumbs do this.

How would I like the movie if I didn't watch it? Dumbo.

I really like James Gray but I will admit he wasn't suited to this, it lacks the fever and madness that people like Herzog, Coppola or Friedkin brought to their films. Still his heart is in the right place.

Why would they give this movie to such a soy enthusiast?

>unironically using the term soyboy
cringe

You might be a woman, for starters. Or you could be one of those faggots who can't concentrate and thinks he "watched" the movie. Fact is, you fucking completely missed the propaganda crap that stood out in the middle of the movie.

>unironically using the term cringe
soy boy

Does it penetrate your liberal safe-space? Can you feel it probing you? More testosterone will allow you to fight that hurtful word off.

>this reddit hivemind
think you know where you need to go lol

Think I'll stay right here where I've been since 2008, low-test soyboy

Good movie desu

Grow up.

No, fuck off, no, don't taint the MOTY with this bullshit. Did you every stop to think that Fawcett was a hundred percent right about not allowing his wife to explore with him, and that the director intended it so? She would have been raped by the savages hundreds of times over before they disemboweled her! And the movie itself is the most charming of the year by far.
>singing Soldiers if the Queen while getting pelted with arrows
That fucking feel!

soyboys are really insufferable gammas

still one of the better movies this year

I'm a man. I just don't focus on twitter-tier "issues" when I watch a movie.

We don't have enough exploration in the wilderness adventure movies. Post some testosterone fuel please

>i-i-i s-swear Ive been here this long
L M A O

nope, youre just a lowtest gamma soyboy, which is almost a woman

Why do vegans get so triggered over this word?

We can have this argument for as long as you'd like - or, you can just accept that you don't have as much testosterone in the system as you need, and go about changing it. Over and out, soyboy.

It was a pretty boring film, but I would have defended its merits had it not gone full blown propaganda in the final fifteen minutes.

No one knows what happened to this guy. They could have ended it any number of ways. They chose to end it with the white guys peacefully sacrificing themselves to the brown cannibals and they chose to make it seem noble and heroic-- in the middle of the refugee crisis.

In English, doc.

They were drugged pretty heavily as soon as they were captured.

>1920s explorer and south american tribes
>2010s refugee crisis in europe
I don't know how you people do it.

Is Kon Tiki an ok movie?

I'm a massive fan of the movie and I could see the connection. Don't know if it's propaganda for the side he THINKS though

Why did they even add that little bit? What is the likelihood that his wife actually argued with him about not letting me her go? Women don’t explore, nor do they feel the urge to.

There was also that speech he gave where he was scolding all of the men for colonialism. Would that soeech have even made sense in pre-communist propaganda times? Nobody thought colonialism was “evil” until the communists started spreading anti-European propaganda around the world (circa post WW2).

>Women don’t explore, nor do they feel the urge to.
Look up female aviators in the 20s-30s. It wouldn't be too surprising if his wife wanted in.

What a surprise.

>GENTLEMEN WE HAVE BEEN ALL BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE BIGGOTRY OF THE CHURCH!!
>c-canibalism isn't all that bad

This fucking movie

This post is gay.
The movie is bad, deal with it.
You don't focus on what's happening on-screen? Yeah, that's the problem.

yeah, but think of the music the director chose to play over that scene. He could have gone with sad violin music, he could have gone with horrific savage war drums, but no. He chose this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1-J8TZJUTi4

oh please, anything film that pushes the "noble savage" myth has an obvious agenda behind it.

>not some soy-blood director unsubtly using this 1910's hunk
spotted the closetfag

I do, that's why I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
I don't see it.

>He could have gone with sad violin music, he could have gone with horrific savage war drums
You are an idiot if you think the only reason music exists in movies is to tell the audience how to feel.

>Nobody thought colonialism was “evil” until the communists started spreading anti-European propaganda around the world (circa post WW2).
I know you live in a reality crafted entirely by Sup Forums memes but there was a lot of awful shit happening in various colonies before world war two. Have you ever heard of the Belgian Congo?

I actually enjoyed the documentary about him more.

You Sup Forumstards really find something to get upset about in everything

pathetic

What youtube celebrity popularized the phrase soy boy and got all the frogs riled up? It came from nowhere to overtake cuck as the latest hip lingo in a matter of days

What happens midway through the movie is so out of place that if you don't notice it means you're literally retarded.
It's so obviously hamfisted into the movie, how the fuck can't you see it?
Don't even try. I never visited Sup Forums and hate them. The movie is just bad.

Been wondering as well. Also wondering who it's supposed to apply to. With cuck it's pretty obvious, and the misuse is also obvious. But soyboy?

Enlighten me, o knowledgeable one.

/fit/

I guess we just see the world that differently. I didn't notice anything particularly shocking or out of place.

I'm in OP's boat. I was excited for a good adventure movie, seems like there hasn't been one in a while. This went over the top. Shoehorning the feminism in was just ridiculous.

I'll check it out.

>soy-blood
This meme is retarded, soy beans are good for you
Enjoy bring a fat slob

>/fit/
Isn't that just /r9k/ with biceps?

Aguirre, the Wrath of God but you probably watched it.
Then there's that soycore movie Jungle with Harry Potter.

>I wanted to fucking watch a movie about exploration and the human spirit

you meant to watch "embrace of the serpent"

also. op is a fag

>Nobody thought colonialism was “evil” until the communists started spreading anti-European propaganda around the world (circa post WW2).
Open a history book instead of Sup Forums memes for once

>he thinks characters must always have the correct viewpoints
Go back to watching capeshit

Seen both and i agree

enjoy your gyno

I'll compare my t levels to yours any day pal

I really didn't get that kind of impression from this movie. He refused to let his wife have anything to do with his exploring. The whole reason he started his exploring if I remember right was duty towards his country. I think they made a point to show how his obsession with the jungle hurt his family. I felt more sad for him and his son at the end and it didn't feel noble at all

I had the same feeling. More so because I didn't know about the guy and actual story beforehand, I thought it was going to be a fun adventure movie for the whole family, but it was really pretty sad.

>I'm gonna come with you, why won't you accept me to come with you and leave the kids I chose to have to their destiny on another continent, feminism is real you backward pig, I'mma fill you with guilt and emotional instability just before you leave your family for years!
>guys please listen to me, the white man is bad and these savages who live in the jungle wuz kangz and shiet and we must all cut our balls off as payement for our racism

All this shit is out of place in an historical setting, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, and there's had been no hint at all for things to go into this direction before these two scenes, they came out of nowhere as if someone decided that the movie was to manly or some shit and they needed to push some agenda later so they wrote them into the script, there's no harmony in the writing.

I don't remember that dialogue from the film, you might want to look it over.

>The whole reason he started his exploring if I remember right was duty towards his country
Lolno. It was to clean his family name. He enjoyed exploring, he didn't accept to leave things unfinished but he was butthurt he was held back in the countryside in the beginning, he definitely didn't go to the jungle out of duty.
Yep, you didn't even watch the movie, after all.

You guys are funny.

Please provide timestamps for your "quotes".

The movie was about obsession and destiny. Remember when the fat fraud Murray said that Fawcett didn't care about his family, or the lives of his crew, or his country. He only cared about "muh jungle". Fawcett is not meant to be heroic, he is a tragic figure.

Wow. Somebody who actually watched and understood the film. Thank you.

Bullshit. You guys didn't understand shit.

Go on then.

is soyboy the new kekistani buzzword?
did they realise some of them are numales and needed another insult?

I think soyboy is linked to numale. Something about soy products making you grow into a numale or something. But people over 25 probably never ingested soy in their youth so that limits the target audience a lot.

Murray is not an adventurer. He wants the adventure but doesn't accept the consequences.
You cannot go to the amazon and expect to get back home all in one piece 100%. It does not mean that you don't care about your family, it's called a sacrifice, for whatever reason.
Now, if Fawcett really couldn't control his obsession you think he could have left the jungle to go back all those times?
Murray was a pseud, you should take as objective anything that comes out of his mouth.

>if Fawcett really couldn't control his obsession you think he could have left the jungle to go back all those times?
He felt the gnaw every time he returned. Fawcett didn't understand his obsession. He thought he could control it. He couldn't.

Now you're talking about something different from what you were talking about in the beginning.
Also go read about Fawcett, he went back to England many more times than the ones depicted in the movie.

#resist

What do you mean? How is that different? I'm saying that Fawcett kept going back to the jungle at the expense of his family because he was obsessed with his own destiny.

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
Sorry, soy boys, but colonialism was never seen as bad until post WW2 commie propaganda. Which is why you posted zero sources to refute me. Surely you can at least find a quote from the guy this movie was based on.

How old are you? It's for a study.

I always assume everyone else on Sup Forums is underage, you're wrong only 2 times out of 3 and one of the other two people is mentally underage anyway.

>since 2008
jesus christ

>but colonialism was never seen as bad until post WW2 commie propaganda

not an argument

I've been here since 07, it's no thing really. been on Sup Forums since 09, remember all the District 9 threads and how everyone seemed to love it.

I'm calling him a newfag you fucking spastic

atheism is fine. believing in retarded shit that doesn't exist is just as bad whether ur a sjw or a christfag

Go sit on a nail you cuntflap.