All-New Wolverine #18 Story Time

X-23. Kimura. The final(?) showdown.

Let's watch.

As much as Trigger Scent was a problem, it was also an asset. It was the only way she could tap into the Howlett family's berserker rage, even Kimura is afraid of her when she gets a whiff of the stuff and is unrestrained. Now that she isn't bound by the TS, is she going to get even moodier and go berserk without it like Logan used to do when he gets caught up in the moment?

Don't tell Tony or we'll end up having another Armor Wars.

Canned beans.

Hunh.

She's raged out a few times without it iirc, usually when she's hurt badly.

oh fuck that is so deus ex machina ;/

of course

>x-23 will never pat my head
just die in my sleep already

Kimmy, babe, they've got Gambit and X-23 in there. Either one of them could dig a tunnel through the mountainside before they ran out of supplies.

Laura/Angel is still bad

She go by Kangaroo if she's just gonna start drowning people.

did she never think of this before?

yes of course pull a dakken too .

>enhanced strength
Couldn't break through a water pipe

>rewired her own brain to prevent psychic tampering
What? Did she tell you this while you were in the pain-box?

So what happens when she inevitably stops being Wolverine and goes back to X-23 or something else?

Probably thought of it when she found out her brother died by drowning. Or the time Wolverine almost drowned.

Guess who?

Tune in next month for a new costume, new artist and new direction!

That's... pretty genius, if his power chains through the tin and all the beans fly out to make secondary explosions.

>non-fatal shots only
Oh. Oh no. Now the no-kill rule has infected Fury. Seriously, what the fuck? These are dudes who carried out a terrorist action on American soil and caused to be killed like 30 people. Why would you not shoot to kill?

Remy starts lining his coat with cans of beans

So, what if Bellona lied to protect Laura and Gabby?
What if Laura just went bonkers as planned and she just made this up to save the only people she cares for?

It's gotta be cans of gumbo

While I do appreciate a color swap, I'd like for Laura to get her own signature colors

>X-23!

Choke me harder

That's... a war crime, actually.
Cluster ammunition is internationally denounced because it kills indiscriminately in a huge area.

Black's always been her signature color. Remember that time Jubilee tried to get her a white dress and she wouldn't stop whinging about it?

Of course. You'd never get the blood stains out.

It would've been so much better if it was Youngclops.

>kills indiscriminately in a huge area
A few issues ago Gambit blew up an entire floor of an office building, I think we're beyond such things now.

I thought Bellona and the other clones didn't have Laura's claws and only Gabby got them

Then Bellona would be the true hero of the story. She's not the hero that her sisters deserve. But the hero that they need.

Seems like whatever Kimura did to fuck up her face and make her need all those TUUUUUUUUUBES also activated her X-gene?

Wrongclops is a bitch. He's an embarrassment to his older self and doesn't deserve shit.

I'm kinda dissapointed she's dead

Well, I'm not sure he could be held responsible under international law, anyway. He has no arms suppliers, doesn’t even technically use military gear and represents no nation. I mean, he is technically a private person. But with the shit Fury would need to cover up, you could make a point that the X-Men are US agents in all but name.

She forgot that there's a variety of way to kill somebody besides physical damage

So what they're saying is... Laura coulda drowned Kimura like a dog years ago in her cousin's flooded basement and been done with it?

And the only reason why she didn't do so was no Iron Man suit?

Can we get a new writer too? At this point, I'd welcome it.

Sad

Kimura had Super Strength.
Without the suit, Laura wasn't strong enough to keep her head underwater

I'm not, always thought she was a shit villain. Anything that gets rid of her is fine by me.

man, that armor's a piece of crap. Kimura just clawed at Laura's face and it didn't even scoff her mask. Meanwhile the armor just snaps off like it suddenly turned into rock candy

Tony Stark saves the day once again!

I loved it. This is the kind of goofy shit I read comics for. She poses and yells she's WOLVERINE and the armor shatters off. Fucking great.

>he is technically a private person
No, mon ami. He is Death.

Yep. Visual metaphore over technival explanation.
This is an act of liberation. So it makes sense she breaks out of a shell in more than one way.

Yeah! Them's my sentiments exactly. Only not written as good.

I feel like charging an entire Deck of Cards should still be more efficient

There have been theses written about how cards are really the worst thing for what he does.
He should keep a bag of rocks. Or darts. Or anything that flies straight and far, really.

Jesus lay off the juice Hill

Deck of cards for precise explosions, can of beans for big destruction.

It's not Hill, it's another agent (forgot their name) who for some reason looks like a beefier version of her.

Gambit is a thief who relies on charm and skill to infiltrate his targets. He needs ammo that is inconspicuous and innocuous. A bag of rocks or a coat full of cans of beans is not that.

Cards are small and thin and come in convenient packs of 52.
He can have several packs on his person and in his coat at all times without drawing much if any attention to himself since they won't set off metal detectors

How many beans in a can? I feel like 52 explosions stacked right on top of each other could give basically the same effect.

Finally Kimura is gone.
>inb4 she gets brought back

God dammit Angel, why the fuck did you think it was a good idea to go after her?

Taylor. Did you know not every character in existence is Batman? What in the flying fuck are you doing?

>A story about Gambit needing to infiltrate a gang of hobos when?

Well, a pocket full of coins will do, too.

A pocket full of coins is noisy and more cumbersome than cards. Plus you can't have as many coins as you can have cards

>tears come out of the sealed eye covers instead of under the mask

How does this thing even work?

But what if he does explosive pocket sand?

Probably doesn't have the same range that he can get when he throws cards. Harder to aim as well. Still pretty good for surprise attacks

>Laura, you need to answer for the crime of killing all those people under mind control. Because we don't care about mind control at all.
>Wait, you mean you didn't kill those?
>Whew, glad those were the only good people you ever killed under mind control in your life. So that wraps up everything nicely.
...what?

This whole arc should've played out right on their fucking doorstep.
But I guess if the villain was threatening people who were actually in real danger of getting hurt as a direct consequence, that just be too exciting for this comic. Remember: Shoot to wound, Agents of Shield.

Well, at least one character drowned in this issue.
Though that basically just reduces the amount of Laura's backstory you can work with even further. I didn't hate Kimura, even if she was extremely one-note.

They have a letter from her mother confessing to all the murders from in her assassin days, so she's been cleared of those.

And the kills from her X-Force days... uh...

...Cyclops is literally Hitler?

>They have a letter from her mother confessing to all the murders from in her assassin days, so she's been cleared of those.
That still doesn't make sense.
Even if her mother did take the blame for the mind-control and all that, this whole arc still hinged on them not giving a fuck about who mind-controlled her in the first place. They just wanted to jail the person who actually committed the murders in person.

Different agents working on her case. Previously it was Captain America chasing her and he felt guilty about jailing a little girl, so he let her go.

Fury is a hard-ass motherfucker though, not like that pansy Rogers.

Yeah, that's my point. Thanks for reiterating it.
So why the fuck didn't he still accuse Laura of all her past crimes?

Cause Cap wrote 'case closed' on her file folder with a big blue marker and then put three star-shaped stickers on it, I dunno. And they have like a law about not being able to be charged for the same crime twice.

Look, man, you're trying so hard to have a serious argument or something, you just gotta go with it! She's free! Like it says on

How has nobody in Marvel gotten their heads around mind control and reduced responsibility yet?

Someone volunteered a confession, demonstrating the means and motive for the crime, exonerating the accused.
What grounds would they have to press charges, really?

Good fucking riddance.

No more trigger scent, no more Kimura now let's move on with something new.

You'd think their judicial system would have all sorts of laws about this by this point and everything.

I'd love to see a court case for something like this, where they're trying to prove the degree to which control was lost. Or if a person can be charged with the crimes of their alternate temporal clone.

...does She-Hulk deal with cases like this? Dunno much about her.

Even if they know that, Laura should still be taken into custody, processed, accused and pronounced not guilty for the actions she still committed.
A formality, likely. Still necessary under the law.

We'll see how long this lasts though. Kimura is Laura's Sabretooth after all.

Unless Laura's gonna get a new arch-rival type.

Is she gonna move in with her aunt and cousin now?

Bellona is basically a white haired X-23 now that she has claws.

Maybe she'll have them watch Gabby when she's busy?

This guy's got the right of it. Kimura's only ever beaten Laura because of her powers, but if you put Laura on her strength level it's no contest between them.

>I'm the daughter of Logan
indeed

Jesus Christ, man. You're quickly approaching Laura levels of autism here.

If you were Nick Fury standing on that beach in front of 3 immortal indestructible ladies with knives in their hands, a dude that just ruined a sky fortress with a can of beans, and a lady that could turn you gay with a thought, would you seriously pursue that course of action?

No, you'd fuck off home with your albino prisoner and call it a day.