/who/ - Doctor Who General

Confirmed best outfit edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/news/v/jacob-dudman-narrates-tenth-and-eleventh-doctor-chronicles
twitter.com/Wraggywraggster/status/932995320937680897
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/6fnxqd/some_changes_that_would_have_made_lie_of_the_land/,
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/932998312961159170
strawpoll.me/14451250/
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/933024953347248129
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/monks trilogy rewrite/order/asc/
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_who_fan_series
an-journey-web-series.wikia.com/wiki/An_Journey_(web_series)_Wiki
an-journey-web-series.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_verisons
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/NuWho_haters
twitter.com/TheDonoFan/status/932689655656583168
twitter.com/Eddie_At_Skaro/status/933016373130858496
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's nice and everything but it's not actually the best outfit while HS and LotL's exist.

first for n8/judy

you are wrong

wtf

lym do a /who/nger games for every capaldi episode

also separate two parters to make it extra spicy

Who is waiting for the BF Dudman chronicles ?
who he does best? 10 or 11?
will the dead ringers guy will play the Curator?

What on earth are you talking about.

bigfinish.com/news/v/jacob-dudman-narrates-tenth-and-eleventh-doctor-chronicles

twitter.com/Wraggywraggster/status/932995320937680897

Yes, except no.

What did /who/ think of "Lie of the Land"? I thought everything up to the "lol I faked all this to test you Bill!" twist was GOAT, but yeah I was disappointed by that and everything that came after. I threw around some rewrite ideas in reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/6fnxqd/some_changes_that_would_have_made_lie_of_the_land/, but I'd be really interested to hear your all's thoughts.

(Come to think of it, my disappointment with "Lie of the Land" is similar to my disappointment to "Zagreus", when the chilling cliffhanger ending in "Neverland" -- the Doctor abandoning his name and promise, adopting the name of a Gallifreyan bogeyman, and deciding not to be a hero anymore -- is revealed to just be because a separate entity has taken over the Doctor's mind. I'm not gonna say "Zagreus" was boring or lazy, since it was written before that part of "Neverland" so it's not like a retcon or anything, but it's definitely a case of clumsy build-up.)

(Since seeing "Waters of Mars" I've been waiting for the Doctor to snap. The War Doctor was supposed to fill that void in my heart, but so far he's not come even close. The ending of "Face the Raven" made me so hype ... despite how much I loved "Hell Bent", I'm still slightly disappointed that the rumours about 12 destroying the Capitol didn't pan out.)

Kill me

sorry user but he wasn't strong enough

>What did /who/ think of "Lie of the Land"?
It was fine except
- Power of Love ex Machina
- Stupid humans forgot everything already lol xd

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/932998312961159170 Is Yasmin the arguing woman or the police officer...

I didn't like how the Monks had like zero lines or motivations. And I didn't understand how Bill was allowed to go free? Why wouldn't the Monks just kidnap her?

It was better than Pyramid though, that one had so many unforgivable plot holes, and the way they solved the Doctor's blindness was retarded.

I kinda forgive both episodes though since Moffats mother died while he was writing the last two parts

Watching my little brother yell at the screen during the end of Pyramid -- TELL HER YOU CAN REGENERATE -- was pretty damn funny. I hate plots that are primarily driven by characters not communicating well.

Oh shit I didn't know that bit. Wow. Yeah okay slack = cut

lol you cant even see their face the picture is so blurry and low quality

girlyletters is so desperate for any decent filming image

>I hate plots that are primarily driven by characters not communicating well.

Yeah that was basically all of Pyramid. Why didn't 12 use the Sunnies as a camera so Bill could see the lock? Too many plot holes like that in that episode.

at that point he was fine with the end of his life
but after TDF he is pissed off

I liked that plot point of Borrowing something from the future that returned his eyesight in extremis, but how the fucka the simulation would know about that

I wish that the twist was that the Doc put the monks inside his own simulation

Anybody planning to watch TUAT in theatre?

lym do the /who/nger games do it

Not right now, it's tedious to set up

is there a limit to how many entries you can have? im gonna do it but I dont want to have to put episodes together.

maximum slot is 42

The Lie of the Land is the worst episode I've seen. There's swaths of OldWho I haven't seen, but I've seen Twin Dilemma, universally considered the worst episode and The Lie of the Land is worse. It's worse then Love and Monsters, it's worse then Sleep no More, In the Forest.

Forget Kill the Moon, forget Fear Her, they are old and busted. Lie of the Land is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen.

why

>I liked that plot point of Borrowing something from the future that returned his eyesight in extremis
Same, and it really bugs me that it was all revealed to be a simulation so we'll never see the payoff from that. Such a cool idea, with a lot of potential comedic or tragic potential.

>VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE TWELFTH DOCTOR OUTFIT HERE

strawpoll.me/14451250/ (embed)

Every major combination is accounted for, but it'd be pointless to include shit like different cufflinks, etc.

Half of the plot relies on fake-out which doesn't even serve a narrative purpose (Doctor neither learned anything or achieved anything). Side characters with no personality, PRIMARY ANTAGONISTS with no lines, and reset ending out of nowhere.

The entire "monk trilogy" is a trainwreck, but this is the very part where splintered spine of the passenger in front of me flew in my throat and slashed my arteries open.

pyramid was worse though

Nah, it was weak, but at least there was a coherent fucking plot.

but at least they had the balls to do an anti-state plot

>but at least there was a coherent fucking plot.
LOL

Well, a some kind of plot, anyway.

>Half of the plot relies on fake-out which doesn't even serve a narrative purpose (Doctor neither learned anything or achieved anything). Side characters with no personality, PRIMARY ANTAGONISTS with no lines, and reset ending out of nowhere.
So then what makes this episode any worse than The Last Of The Time Lords? Besides the babbling bullshit they give John Simm to deliver that somewhat qualifies as "dialogue"

At least he had an identifiable motive.
The resolution was meagerly related to premise.
The Doctor was geniunely imprisoned and Martha was on a quest that mattered

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/933024953347248129

GirlyLetters has managed to locate the exact filming location.

But is it worse than Time-Flight?

I did three posts on /who/ back in August about how I'd have redone the trilogy, my ideas partially overlapped with yours.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/monks trilogy rewrite/order/asc/

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_who_fan_series

how do we stop the normies

>At least he had an identifiable motive
Are we talking about simm here? What was his defineable motive? That he hears neil peart before he goes to sleep at night and thats why he's evil, contradicting 25 years of stories?

The resolution....eh. They toss around tje phrase archangel network like it means something but beyond saying every mind is linked up they don't even try to foreshadow that it could deage or give the doctor superpowers. Thats some pretty rough deus ex machina

and martha's quest is unfortunately a giant fakeout.

listened some dwad already?

That one I haven't seen.

Time Flight is a cool romp
and has a surprise cliffhanger

an-journey-web-series.wikia.com/wiki/An_Journey_(web_series)_Wiki

this is in that guy's profile, I assume it's the fan series

that title isn't filling me with immediate hope

I'm not really interested in discussing merits of the Last of the Time Lords.

Frankly, I had disqualified series finales from "the worst" compeition, they are almost all the worst. But this has little to do with discussion of The Lie of the Land, even if you convince me that The Last was actually the worst, The Lie still has no redeeming qualities.

Ugh

an-journey-web-series.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_verisons

>ALL CHARACTERS IS APPEARING IN BOTH SEASONS

>Jodie is cast as the Doctor, with endless possibilities regarding the exotic alien worlds that she could be exploring on set
>she's actually filming on location back home in Yorkshire

kek

f

setting up her companions

Is everyone in the TARDIS going to have yorkshire accents, as Mandip Gill reportedly has one, too...

Fair. I think I actually hate that story(and the cybermen 2 parter from series 2) as much as you hate lie of the land.

God, I missed like four threads when I was at work.
What's /who/ with you?

>checked the Foreman website
>Jack Miles has changed his name to Jillian Miles and his Doctor to female because the actual show is now more progressive than their tumblr fanfic
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

Welcome back, Neo!

I'm finished marathoning series 8 and started 9.

God I hate series 9. I completely forgot how much I hate The Magician's Apprentice.

why

>looks at website.

...what? Fuckin shite m8, I already finished my first draft of my goddamned Foreman story and now I gotta redo the entirety of the pronouns? Goddamn it...

is this guy actually from /who/ or is he a normie who only knows about the wiki?

But given the location it'd be hard to find out what is actually being filmed

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/NuWho_haters

>all this butthurt in the comments

lmao

when do I get a wiki entry?

You don't want a wiki entry.

Hallo, you!

>What's /who/ with you?
Currently reading The Turing Test, and enjoying it immensely. I wasn't sold on the Earth arc of the EDAs initially, but it turns out it was just The Burning that was shit. This book and the one previous have been great!

It's pretty hilarious. I wrote some of a meta story about Foreman's development for ST2 but it felt in poor taste so I abandoned it. It's really such a dramatic development though, and so ironic with how actual Who undercut it.

Thank you! Feels bad man to be a wageslave now and not on the threads so much, but I'll settle into a good rhythm soon, and there's the weekends too...
...Christmas is also more of just of a couple's day here and of course I wouldn't have any particular special lady with me in Korea so I'll be on /who/ all day then!

Did you watch the two minisode prequels to that episode too?

Oh hello you! Long time no talk! I'll be your EDA buddy again so soon!

Because it's entirely composed out of filler and retcon.

What's that with Moff's sudden compulsion to write himself into part?

Im currently pissed im going to have to search out and rewrite like, a third of a doctor who story because jack miles is an unbalanced shit.

We're not gonna talk about Judy.

>Retcons
What retcons?

> write himself into part?
What?

Meant to reply to

Why did he feel need to add Davros origin story?
Write Clara into Doctor's original story?
Write Clara into entire series?

but we get the tank+guitar scene
and Missy being a dick (a pussie?)

the Daleks being a under treat is a shitty Moffatt trope, but is not that bad

It's Jillian now ain't it? I've been down the Foreman fic road and yeah, things can be...inconsistent.

Is it my insecurities or does neo seem more alpha and energetic since moving/working/being here less

twitter.com/TheDonoFan/status/932689655656583168

Fear Her is the best Series 2 episode.

twitter.com/Eddie_At_Skaro/status/933016373130858496
Who wants to bet its nothing?

its probably nothing, that guy is BS iirc

Queen of /who/

List alpha and beta trips

Yeah. I wrote the story based off the most leaked first story script and the series bible they did, and even that is schizophrenic as fuck.

Honestly though, their website says the first tory willll be done by january? Impossible if they have to reshoot the story to make the doctor more feminine or redub every "he" into a "she".

i might leave the story as is and say fuck it

Aren't they releasing that ten and rose BF thing on the 23rd?

Meaning he doesn't have 'special sources' or whatevs, as Big Finish announced it earlier in the week

>but we get the tank+guitar scene
Worst scene ever. Meme baiting.

It's fucking terrible, but it really has to be seen. I guess it's just because I'm an autistic fuck that can barely communicate to begin with, but it's hard to put into words how shit Time-Flight is.

The root idea is good enough. Send a Concorde back in time to prehistoric Earth. But then it happens and every starts falling apart.

why are you talking about name of the doctor??

I miss the good 'ol days of this show.
Gimme Tom, Christopher, David, or Matt. Currently unwatchable for me.

I think Jillian is still planning to portray the Doctor as presenting male? If McGanon and Edge get their acts together (I kid folks) then we can have our Foreman audio done before them, kek

Whatever happened to granddaughter?

(you)

>Whatever happened to granddaughter?
Do you really not know? I don't think you want to know

Doctor Who is dead.

it's hilarious how in 3 years we will see this exact post but with "Peter" added

(: