Why is everyone blaming Joss Whedon over Steppenwolf again? I mean...

Why is everyone blaming Joss Whedon over Steppenwolf again? I mean, he probably did some things that ruined the movie for some but c'mon, they probably did Steppenwolf long before Whedon took control over the movie.

Still, people say that snyder would have made a better steppenwolf *cough..Doomsday..cough*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95Ep29OGB9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Capeshit movies are fucking cancer anyway, can't wait the end of this goddamn trend, it's nauseous at this point.

Did Snyder kill his own daughter as an excuse to step away from the film after he realized it was a disaster so that some one else would have to step in and take all the heat?

No. WB fired Snyder for the remainder of the movie and put a PR spin on basically saying "We know you are having a hard time and we think you should take the time to spend with your family, we are bringing Whedon in etc" it's a nicer way of saving face and saying "gtfo of here we want marvel money"

No, the WB Assassins got her and they then used her death to oust Snyder from the project without starting a controvery.

Instead of properly rendering Steppenwolf they spent VFX money on hiring Joss to write quips
Also Steppenwolfs character was way more fleshed out with clear motivations before Whedon hacked the movie to pieces

why does this alien have a german name?

Snyder is the one that picked him as the villain. Whedon didn't even want him. He just finished the film.

that's a damn good question

Because he was born to be wild.

The vast majority of Steppy's scenes were cut, he has ton of deleted scenes with exposition and character development. You can thank Joss for that.

Give one (1) valid fucking reason for that thing to be CGI. You literally can't

Because he's a 10ft tall alien??

I like that they retconned steppenwolf's reason to be on earth to shit that happened in wonder woman because BvS was a dumpster fire and they cut the JL foreshadowing from the theatrical release.

Gee I guess Frodo better be CGI because he's really short.

There's multiple ways to get around that without making the character a walking cartoon. You tried but failed

I never want to hear shit about a Marvel villain from DCfags ever again. Even the lamest of lame Marvel villains had at least a basic backstory and motivation given, no matter how uninteresting. When you're making the guy from Thor 2 look complex and developed you know you fucked up.

Give him some heels.

Where's lobo?

Bring back Sheriff Lobo

Yeah and it seems like retconning everything in the last installment of the trilogy really went down well with the fans

Why not just not watch them? It's easier than waiting 20 years for the trend to end.

Westerns lasted nonstop for 30 years. Deal with it.

Superhero movies almost died forever in 1997, but based Wesley Snipes brought them back to life.

This

Fucking satan trips

>hung himself at the embarrassment of being in this film

Because he was created by Jack Kirby to be a silly drug fueled metaphor for humanity. It's part of a series with characters named Granny Goodness Desaad and Malice Vundabar

>Granny Goodness
that has to be one of the most stupid Apokalypse characters and I'm sure there are worst

I like Granny in the Superman animated series, just because it's Ed Asner doing her voice. Plus, without her there'd be no Barda or the Furies

youtube.com/watch?v=95Ep29OGB9I

>Apokalypse
It's Apokalips.

Kirby can't hit home runs every time

you are right user, that's her redeeming thing, Barda and the Furies and well all the bits she is torturing characters. But I don't think it would be an easy character for a live action movie unless they dial it up to 11 with the creepy, torture bits.

my bad.

They really fucking dropped the ball by having magic carpet ride as the only new god in the movie. They should have been setting them up in bvs with Glorious Godfrey shittalking superheroes and Desaad helping Luthor. They should have upped the stakes by having Granny and the Furies come to Earth when the boxes are united so Supes and Steppenwolf could have a real fight. How are people supposed to give a fuck about Apokolips and the other gods if all they know is this bitch with cut character development and some bugmen who even fucking batman destroys without mercy.

There is a list of changes and cuts Whedon and WB execs did to Snyder original cut. We need the Snyder Ultimate Cut

The list is fake.

His character development scenes sound like shit though. The movie wouldn't improve much, if at all, with them.

t. Joss Whedon

let me guess, you're citing that made up "Snyder cut" image

He is right, its not the issue that he wasn't developed, its that he is a shit character.

If I were to say it, I would call him one of the worst villains of all times.

this

Steppenwolf makes sense in the continuity if you watched the full cut of BvS.

Not many did that

After feeling ripped off with the theatrical cut. Can you blame them?

He's still shit

He only makes sense with a deleted scene and retcons to the story. They were setting up Darkseid and then decided they had cold feet and cut them off. Still annoys me that they set up an actual Apokalips invasion and then turned it into a rogue new god in exile and his bug buddies.

Citation needed

It's the same old shit though, crazy purple or red alien is taking over the earth with his horde of weird flying critters, superhero's save the day after some harrowing sub plot bullshit.

How is it the same old shit? Go ahead and tell me where have you seen it?

Did people not like Sttepen wolf? He shat on everybody except Supes. Much better than ultron as he was always a threat, batman was getting his assed kicked by the parademons

Avengers, Superman just off the top of my head. They all use the same damn formula as the Jews haven't had an original idea since the last one got them lost in the desert for 40 years.

>Did people not like Sttepen wolf?
HAHAHHA people hate him

less shit than all the one off villains Marvel has put out there. And no, I'm not going for the hurr durr marvel cucks dc cucks stupid shit, but it's weird how most just overlook this.
Was it a good villain? no. Was it the worst we've seen? fuck no. Also it seems that thanks to that Whedon fucker a lot of his scenes got deleted and once again a DC movie suffers from a bunch of faggots not knowing shit about editing and directors/screenwriters don't knowing how to make a decent movie that isn't 4 hours long

Wait so they didn't use any of the hints of better things to come from BvS? Fuckin hell, that's Prometheus/Covenant all over again.

>deleted scene and retcons to the story. They were setting up Darkseid and then decided they had cold feet and cut them off
No, they weren't. Watch the film. Steppenwolf was the first to get word of the mother box's from Luthor, who also told him that Superman was dead. This happens in BvS.

>with exposition
This whole fucking movie was exposition.

Several of the claims it makes are disproved by the leaked deleted scenes.

>a threat
He got beaten up constantly

I can't think of a worse comic book villain.

Fucking hell.
Yeah I did watch the movie and yes I do know it was set up in BVS. This is what I am referring to. I am saying that they expressly cut out all of that shit they had set up and filmed in order to play it safe cause executives are retarded.

Maybe but those weren't even scratches, at most they stopped him from getting motherboxes momenteraly

If the plan was for Darkseid straight away, why was Luthor talking to Steppenwolf? Use your noggin, knucklehead.

Or maybe...that was the plot of JL2?

I am not talking about the fact that Steppenwolf is in the movie as the first god on the ground. I am talking about the fact that all the references to Apokalips and Darkseid and Steppenwolf communicating with the boxes have been cut. All we get is Steppenwolf and his parademon troops. They definitely intended for there to be more to it than that and was probably part of that 50 minutes they cut out like cowards.

>Ego from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was pretty fucking stupid, the convoluted plot was as bad as you can get when you let writers make up shit
>Movie version Ultron sucked balls, not even near the actual Ultron
>Vanko in Iron man 2, shit
>Red Skull wasn't fleshed out, they just went with "hey it's a nazi" and call it a day
>Galactus fart cloud from Fantastic Four 2, and Silver Surfer (not a villain) was fucking awesome, the only good thing that came out from those movies
>Everything you've seen in any Wolverine movie. Origins, 2 and Logan, have stupid bad guys
>Apocalypse, was by far a huge let down
>Venom on the Spider-man movies, in contrast Green Goblin and Doc Ock where fucking awesome
I'm sure that you can find more bad villains, I dpn't understand why they can't write good villains.

>They definitely intended for there to be more to it than that
Source?

Snyder filmed the Eisenberg scene, so no.

What?

Ronan was also shit
And whoever the villain was in Thor 2, can't even remember him

Come on son, it's really simple:
1. Snyder only produces masterpieces
2. JL is dogshit
As a result, JL can't be a Snyder movie. Simple as that. It's all whedon's fault.

No

Steppenwolf should have been an actor and not some cgi generic shitface.
Add in 10 minutes total to learn about his motives and his background and the movie would have been fine.

Ego was a great villain. You're also way underestimating how lame Steppenwolf was. Even a bad villain would be greatly superior to the complete nothing he was.

yeah I'm sure I forgot a bunch in the list. Ronan was also a fucking letdown and the dude in Thor 2 I believe is now making claims that Marvel treat him like shit. Eccleston, forgot the meme dark elve name.

Still not saying he was good or great. He wasn't as bad as all the ones I mentioned. They all pretty much want to do the same. In fact the Thor 2 bad guy had his ass kicked in ancient times and he went back to kill everyone and conquer the planet. Apocalypse pretty much falls into that territory too, he was buried in ancient Egypt and he comes back with a plan to modify/destroy/reconstruct earth. Ultron wanted to do the same. If you just think for a minute probably you will remember others that just wanted to wipe out earth and start over with their idea of perfect or whatever.
So if we are giving all those faggots a pass why is everyone pointing out to Steppenwolf like this is the first time you see a villain with this plan.
And you know what makes the difference between them? a bit of background story. Doc Ock was fucking awesome because you see the guy going from regular scientist to madman that wants to harness the power of the sun even if it kills the whole planet.

I'm not going to talk about leaks or rumours or any of that shit cause its mostly bullshit like always. I'm talking about the set up from BvS and just the way they have been building this universe. Obviously Darkseid was never going to hop through a boom tube and start taking names, but I seriously hope that they had more on him than born to be wild saying "For Darkseid." They spent 300M dollars on it and then they butchered the original narrative in order to Avengify it. 50 minutes is more than just fluff and cut sequences. Its entire plotlines and characters gone.

>So if we are giving all those faggots a pass why is everyone pointing out to Steppenwolf like this is the first time you see a villain with this plan.
Because while they all were bad, they all at least had the bare minimum of character/motivation, even if it was lame as fuck.

This guy was a new low. He had absolutely nothing. Zero characterisation whatsoever, zero motivation, zero threat. He made the lamest previous comic book villain look amazing.

The post-credits scene is Lex Luthor meeting up with Deathstroke to plan a league of supervillains.

you see, this is what I argue, the guy wants to take over the planet, he had his ass handed to him the first time he tried. No more kryptonian, he comes back because he thinks it's a sure win. He even says that in the movie more than once. They explain this in even bigger detail than the actual motivations from Apocalypse in the X-men movie which in turn are "hey I'm superior you are all inferior, I will reshape the planet to let the superior beings live and the rest will be my slaves". In that movie you have more stupid JLawrence doing nothing in no makeup than actual villain time.
It seems that it all comes down into shitting in movies just based on brand loyalty. That's sad.

"I want to conquer planet" is not a motivation.

Apocalypse was an Eugenics villain, he is based.

Steppenwolf is shit

>"hey I'm superior you are all inferior, I will reshape the planet to let the superior beings live and the rest will be my slaves"
That's a motivation, user. It's basic, but it's there. You just proved Apocalypse is a better villain than Steppenwolf. Well done.

>Steppenwolf is an allegory for Lucifer, he is not just a villain trying to take over earth, he is an apokalytian trying to get out of Darseid's shadow, who is an allegory for god.

Whoa...

the RLM video suggested a good explanation. the new lighting and color grading makes all of the snyder designs look like garbage. Joss Whedon supervised this change.

Christ why do all DC villains have such fucking awful names

Ikr? They might as well start naming them like food brands

she was clintoned and then disney sent Joss as their assassin to finally destroy warner from the inside out

why did he choose russia tho?

What SNES game is this