This absurd amount of work/detail on every page

>this absurd amount of work/detail on every page

Is fucking everything else even trying?

I fucking love JH Williams. I wish he did the entirety of Sandman instead of the trash artists that ended up on it.

JH is the man

Anyone got recs for comics with similarly insane levels of art? I love when they make it more art project than comic.

Fallen out of favor with Williams

It feels a lot of the time that he is showing off in expense of the comic flowing, detail for details sake is the same as the opposite.

>detail
>literally just watercolor splotches throughout the page
>done with actual paint it takes 30 minutes of extra work
>done digitally with layers and a photoshop stamp you can blast it in under 5 minutes

Non artists are so easily impressed.

Promethea. It's by alan moore, almost every issue has a new unique art style by JH Williams III

Del Mundo's Elektra isn't as cluttered, but it's similar.

>IT'S SO DENSE

What is it with ricks?

the linework and planning that went into the composition is technically impressive. fuck off, pretentious little bitch

idk dude k6bd has some serious
>work/detail
on some spreads

simple shit, the artist fucks up almost everything else, it triggers me when people draw shit hands and they just don't care on making them look decent

JH

Stokoe was, but no one bought his comic about penis-obsessed jungle dwellers.

some of the best art ever

I don't remember that page
Is a reboot or wat

This. He did Weird World as well.

>Simple shit
>BUT THE HANDS THO

lemme see your art
>inb4 the telling a chef how to cook argument

>reading this shit for the first time
It was a fucking ride.

Am I supposed to be impressed by non-sequiturs?

>not being able to draw means that the criticism towards your meme transgender comic is not allowed.

>criticism not allowed
No one said criticism isn't allowed, it's just factually incorrect to say he scenery is "simple shit".

Also, reading comprehension, user

That looks interesting, but it is a touch too cluttered for my tastes...

Cluttered? It's a fucking mess, and the oppressive greens, browns and yellows look like vomit all over the page.

S. Clay wilson, youll have to look him up. Most of his stuff is innapropriate for a blue board.

That's an atypical page. The red-head is Delerium, the embodiment of insanity. When she shows up, things tend to get far more surreal than they typically are.

This is a more conventional spread from the same storyline.

Those are petals you mongoloid

Good recommendation. The poor bastard.
Will Elder
Alfredo Alcala (especially his Voltar stuff)
J.H Williams is cool and all but detail doesn't always equal "good art". And I don't think he HAS a particularly detailed drawing style--unlike, say, Geof Darrow who draws every last fucking nut and bolt. And people also confuse heavy rendering with detail.

, sorry, meant for Also, agreed.

delirious people are prone to vomiting, yes

As an illustrator it's my opinion that it's gross and moreover a goddamn mess in terms of layout.

The design makes sense because its Delirium. If Dream would visit Despair's world, then panels would be all rigid and tall.

Well, your opinion is wrong.

I don't particularly like Williams work because he doesn't know how to make anything look fun
interesting as heck for sure but thats not my type of comics

>all these house style babies

Top fucking lel

> replying to obvious contrarianism bait

wew lad

Geof Darrow

>Non artists

i see some Dave McKean influence in this page

I wonder why the original comic art was such a roller coaster of art quality levels, only the writing saved it

What comic is this?

So, it was a prequel?

I am guessing from the filename that it is Sandman #60. Sandman notoriously had a lot of shitty art, but a really good story