Why did Oldboy get so popular and well known?

why did Oldboy get so popular and well known?

Baby's first shock flick

It got the Jew seal of approval

amazing premise.

pretty much this + babbys first foreign/asian film if it is reddit royale

It's a good movie. And nobody cares if it's a koreasn movie and I'm sure as hell you know tons of niche korean flicks that are so much better.

Nobody fucking cares. You're justr a consumer. Enjoy the damn product, obnoxious cunt.

>shock
I watched it recently and the "twist" was not only predictable but also not shocking at all. I guess this stupid site has desensitised me to shit like that.

Like you wouldn't fuck your daughter willingly what are you some sorta faggot? If you can't even fuck your sister you are a fat and you need to leave.

How are the other two compared to this? Mr Vengeance and Lady Vengeance

I think the question is more like, why did it get popular in the first place to become "Baby's first shock flick". How is it more recognizable than the rest of the trilogy, which stylistically is equally good, or some other korean/shock movies for example?

Watch them and decide for yourself.

I already watched Oldboy and didn't really care for it.

Watchmojo and it being available on Netflix

I remember they were all good in their own way. They have different tones/appeal IMO, so you better check them out to see

it was popular and well known before that

You might enjoy Mr V. If not watch Lady V.

All at least 7/10 imo.

>which stylistically is equally good
That's not true though. They've got absolutely different styles.

Mr Vengeance is by far the best. I would rank Lady Vengeance and Oldboy about equal.

Yes, but they are good.
At least Ms Vengeance was, Mr V. wasn't that interesting on that aspect as far as I remember.

no it wasn't. you must be born before 1992. fuck off, faghat

American remake is better! Fact!

someone edit the poster from oldboy to soyboy

>no it wasn't.
wrong

because it's a good movie

gimme lesser known korean kino