Justice League chill discussion thread

No shitposting (or be a contrarian and do it just because), get comfy and post whatever.

In today's edition: screenrant.com/justice-league-reception-wait-flashpoint-director/

>Warner Bros. is reportedly waiting to see how Justice League performs before determining the future of the DC slate, a decision that has put Flashpoint and several other projects in limbo.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4
youtube.com/watch?v=9pSD26bGy3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate to say it but i was massively disappointed by this flick
Prefer MoS and BvS way more than this mediocrity

Depends what you want/expect. For me it goes JL > MoS > BvS

JL was fun and interesting throughout. BvS was a slog. MoS was a visual masterpiece.

to be honest I think the pacing and flow of BvS was god tier even more if you consider how much stuff it had in

It didn't click with me for whatever reason. I absolutely love MoS, it's superhero perfection. It's everything comic book fans have wanted for decades. Yes, even the fight, it was perfect, comic book destruction galore. The beginning was amazing, the scenes on Krypton were 10/10, unforgettable music score, perfect casting, you name it.

BvS was too slow and had too much. Wonder Woman should not have been in, neither Doomsday for that matter. It was also ridiculously dark and that took a lot from the experience. You need to see what is going on.

>It's everything comic book fans have wanted for decades
Kek. Don't tell this to Sup Forums. I've been back there recently to debate JL, and they just continue to prove that a majority of Superfags are literal children who just want feelgood fluff with no consequences and an infallible Superman who always wins and is always right and never has to struggle with any action or decision.

Taken on its own, the movie was fine, but yeah, I'm just incredibly sad that we didn't get a good conclusion to the arc that began in MoS.

WB twitter release new banner

they really fucked up the marketing

should have had supes from the start

Sup Forums is full of try hard faggotry, I'd rather go to Sup Forums for sensible discussions

Perfect heroes are boring, they need moral and physical challenges. Superman was never meant to be perfect, he was meant to struggle inside and make the right choice at the end.

Easy to fuck up marketing for this movie when they fucked up the entire previous movie

you got a bigger version of that?

also, I agree
>justice league
>superman put of the picture for the entire ad campaign and promos

retarded/10

>to be honest I think the pacing and flow of BvS was god tier
If you're talking about the Ultimate cut, I agree. I rewatch it every few months and I'm always impressed. I expect to get bored, but there's so much going on, and every scene is independently fulfilling on some level. Even scenes that don't accomplish much are still visually impressive.

One of the worst films i've ever seen and i liked MoS and BvS. Completely boring film, with paper thin characterization and the worst villain in cinema history.

why did the terrorist with the suitcase bomb bust into the museum? he said it would take out 4 blocks. why not just detonate in the lobby or on the street?

Stop it!

let this universe die alone

Reminder that this is the real Superman. The one portrayed by Snyder in MoS and BvS.

I guess, but I honestly really appreciated how they never tipped their hand showing Superman in any of the major promotional material. I mean, we all knew he'd be back, but I like that they didn't spoil it.

Anyway, given that most people seem to hate Snyder's Superman, I doubt that featuring him more in the marketing would have done much to drive up interest. People have been conditioned to hate this movie for years.

>tons of comic stories where superman is shown infallible and struggles
>lol Sup Forums is always wrong, us MoSpatricians amirite
I despise you faggots so much, it's so obvious you don't actually read comics because every time someone disagrees with you your retort is BRAH WHY DO YOU WANT SUPERMAN TO BE PERFECT ALL THE TIME BRAH WHY CAN'T GOD BE ONE OF US HUH LIKE MAN OF STEEL IS -OUR- MOVIE BRAH NOT THEIRS, WHY YOU HATE SUPERMAN BRAH
You

You know its a mess when Lego is able to portray a better Batman than the Justice League movie

>I mean, we all knew he'd be back

Normies didn't and normies are the majority of the movie goers.

>we will never get to see the JL Snyder Cut
>the DCEU will die because people were too obsessed with decades old preconceptions of how muh Heroes and especially Supes have to look and act
>WB are full blown retards and get dumber with every decision they make
why did it have to end this way bros ?

>given that most people seem to hate Snyder's Superman,
Marvel fanboys tend to say that yet Snyder's Superman has been a huge box office draw compared to the BO poison he was before Snyder. So much misconceptions about Snyder's films due to a whining vocal minority that won't like the films no matter what DC does.

DCEU Prayer circle! Please say this magic box office chant!

COME TOGETHER RIGHT NOW OVER ME!
COMNE toegtehr Right now oever me
Come teoihgetehr right now oever me
come togeter right niow oover me
come tigther right now me ober
come over me togetehr firght nit
come tigther right noa over me
come be free oen thsi is i knwo you can feel the
disease come teuene tr rghtr nboe over me....

(you)

>Guns are bad, and "the weapon of the enemy" because Bats has a mental block about them

That's what make Batman charachter so much more understandable in TDKR, and what Snyder should've also done if he wanted to truly go TDKR route with Batfleck: Batman is a borderline psycopath. He is no better than the lowlifes he puts down, often worse than them (because he doesn't need to be a criminal) and he still is crazy enough to think he has some kind of moral ground to stand on. The contradiction that you find cringy, it's there on purpose because Batman charachter is contradictory.
The mental gymnastic he does about not using guns,even tho he beats the life out of people, is there to free himself from facing his

Sincerely: I'm a big fan of Snyder's work and I can say JL was less offensive than BvS and an overall better theater experience.
When I watched BvS in the cinema, I liked its style, the visuals and the soundtrack and the action set pieces were outstanding, but the problems were enormous and kind of frustrating.
Lex Luthor was cringy, Batman killing was exasperating (I could stand him killing by collateral damage, I'm not that autistic about the charachter, but going out of their way to make the cape crusader kill goons with firearms was stepping over the line) and the Martha scene, the JL trailer and the Doomsday fight sealed the deal on a bad movie.

BUT

I' ve watched BvS multiple times. There's a charm in a Superman conflicted, rejected by the world, there's something about what tragedy makes us in Batman's anger, there are ideas that even if portrayed poorly, are there and are interesting enough to make you come back.

Will I watch JL again? I don't think so. I can't get anything out of a story about some guys in costumes fighting a monochromatic CGI demon.
Sure I never once asked myself "What?" watching the movie and had a couple of laughs, but is the fleeting sensation of being amused for 120 minutes what I want from a movie?

"No!"

So, I'm with Refn on this one: I don't want to waste my time in a movie theatre seat. I want to be challenged. Even by a bad movie.
I'll take a cracked diamond over some sparkly trinket everyday

>MoS teaser
They will stumble, they will fall. But in they'll race behind you...

>Batman v Superman teaser
Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world, to be a figure of controversy?

>JL teaser
>a few quips

It's obvious Snyder couldn't market JL as strongly as his two previous films as he no longer was in charge of its actual story. The MoS/BvS teasers were huge in the chills they induced. I felt no such thing in JL's marketing. Snyder just seemed defeated at that point.

But I do read comics and I like all versions of Superman. Granted, I'm not reading any Superman comics right now because both of his main titles are pretty shit at the moment. Snyder was giving us something different, and I'm disappointed it had to be scrapped to pander to fanboys.

Besides, when the prevailing sentiment in Sup Forums is that Superman could have easily just magically dealt with Zod at the end of MoS without killing him, and insist he didn't have to make the choice to kill him, that pretty much shows how immature and shortsighted they are.

Normies were going to hate JL anyway because it's not Marvel and there's no room in their hearts for dueling capeshit companies.

>compared to the BO poison he was before Snyder
So in the one movie? I mean, we really can't count Superman 3 and 4, that was forever ago. Superman Returns was box office poison because it was trash.

Had a bunch of kids in the theater when I went to see it over the weekend. They really seemed to enjoy it and one kid couldn't stop singing that song.

>Snyder just seemed defeated at that point.
It's sad. I'm never going to declare him a genius like the falseflagging frogposters, but I really liked his movies and I think it's a shame he got trolled out of his own project by crybaby fans and executives.

I enjoy this but in all reality, Snyder made a universe that has more heart and soul than nearly any of the MCU movies. Not saying that they don't, but they don't deal with the same kinds of issues as the DC films/ comics tend to do. You'd never see an MCU film about a near god (Thor) and the repercussions of his actions in the form of hearings and interviews and the fact that the world has entirely changed simply by his presence. Granted, Civil War took on a similar issue, but they did everything behind curtains and we never saw what the actual people in charge,the population's thoughts of the heroes, or the media's perspective of the situation. We were just told that Heroes caused damage so here's the conclusion, there's no in between to lead up to that.
I LIKED the conflict in BvS that was less Man vs Man and more World vs Clark. People including friend bitched and complained that "Not muh Superman!" but they never seemed to think about how the world would REALLY react to a fucking God living among us and the political nightmare that would go along with it. They just grew up with Smallville and that's their version of Superman and anything other than Tom Wellington is terrible. It's childish
>I just want Snyder to keep making incredibly visualy pleasing DC comic films but now we'll never get that because people couldn't be happy with what we were getting, they just wanted to bitch and complain that it wasn't exactly like it is in the animated movies

>I enjoy this but in all reality, Snyder made a universe that has more heart and soul than nearly any of the MCU movies. Not saying that they don't, but they don't deal with the same kinds of issues as the DC films/ comics tend to do. You'd never see an MCU film about a near god (Thor) and the repercussions of his actions in the form of hearings and interviews and the fact that the world has entirely changed simply by his presence.

Nigga that's some deep shit. Very true.

Superman was by many considered corny and too perfect before Snyder's take on him. Even in comics he's nowhere as popular as Batman, right? He's the hardest hero possible to adapt next to Dr Manhattan.

One thing I really appreciated about this movie was Flash. He was "the funny one", and most of the jokes were his. As opposed to Thor 3 or many other Marvel movies were EVERY character is the funny one, and everyone's sense of humor is identical to the point where it undercuts individuality. At some point, most characters said or did something to get a laugh, but it was all unique. Flash's humor came from being young and socially awkward, Batman played the straight man (with the exception of some of Whedon's cringeworthy additions), Superman's laughs were funny in that understated big brother kind of way ("If I win... you're off the team."), and Wonder Woman only occasionlly made one or two dry remarks that got a smile. I don't think Cyborg ever made a joke. Closest thing was "Booyah", (which I liked, but should have been put somewhere less jarring). Oh god, and fucking Jeremy Irons as Alfred was impeccable. Definitely my favorite on-screen Alfred. Him constantly taking the piss out of Bruce was hilarious.

I would really love to see Snyder's original cut restored, or at least as much of it as possible, because Whedon's shit is incredibly dissonant with the film overall.

Trust me, maybe in a decade or so, people are going to look at these movies and lament the fact that they were trolled out of existence.

OFFICIAL DRAGON BALL SUPER TOURNAMENT OF POWER TIER CHART

Z TIER (Daishinkan)
>The Grand Priest

Y TIER (Angel)
>Vados (Y+)
>Whis (Y+ likely, Y minimum)
>The Other Angels (Y)

X TIER (God of Destruction)
>Jiren (X++ likely, X+ minimum)
>UI Goku (X+ likely, X minimum)
>Beerus (X+)
>SSB Vegetto (X)
>The Other Gods of Destruction (X)
>Champa (X)
>SS2 Kefla (X-)

S TIER (Super Saiyan Blue)

>SS Kefla (S++)
>SSBKK (S++)
>No. 17 (S++ likely, S+ minimum)
>Golden Freeza (S+)
>Toppo (S+)
>SSB Vegeta (S+)
>SSB Goku (S+)
>Hit (S, but technique is S+++)
>Ultimate Gohan (S-)
>Kefla (S-)

A TIER (Super Saiyan God)

>SSG Goku (A++)
>SSG Vegeta (A++)
>Dypso (A, but technique is S)
>Legendary Kale (A)
>SS3 Goku (A-)
>Kakunsa (A-)
>Berserk Kale (A-)
>Obuni (A-, but technique is S-)

B TIER (Super Saiyan 2)
>Super Saiyan Kale (B+)
>SS2 Goku (B+)
>SS2 Caulifla (B+)
>SS2 Vegeta (B+)
>SS2 Cabba (B)
>Final Form Freeza (B)
>Magetta (B)
>Ribrianne (B- on average. Inconsistent. Seemingly shifts between D- to A-)
>Monna (B-)

C TIER (Super Saiyan 1)
>SS1 Goku (C+)
>SS1 Vegeta (C+)
>SS1 Caulifla (C+)
>SS1 Cabba (C)
>Majora (C+)
>Saonel (C+ likely, C minimum)
>Piccolo (C)
>Pirina (C minimum, C likely)
>No. 18 (C)
>Bergamo (C)
>Lavender (C-)
>Basil (C-)
>Frost (C-, but technique and strategy is B++)
>Rozie (C-)

D TIER (Base)
>Goku (D+)
>Vegeta (D+)
>Caulifla (D+)
>Jimeze (D, but technique is C+)
>Gohan (D on average. Inconsistent. Seemingly shifts between D- and C+.)
>Cabba (D)
>Botamo (D)
>Kale (D-)

E TIER (Human)
>Krillin (E+, but C- when assisting No. 18.)
>Tenshinhan (E)
>Ganos (E, but gradually increases power tier. Technique stayed at E.)
>Dr. Rota (E-)
>Roshi (E-, but technique is B-)

Real post right here.

The irony of BvS is of course that it ends up being right about the world. We don't want to see Superman as human but rather always as something else. This is exactly what they made him in JL - a non-human and we're supposed to clap and think it's cheery that SuperMAN was turned into Superbot.

Another layer of BvS is of course Snyder himself reflecting on himself as a filmmaker through Superman. At what point do you bend to the pressure and give up? So long as you have supportive family and friends who believe in you, you should fight on. Even if critics ended uo twisting MoS into something it wasn't.

id rather have the original planned suicide squad cut than the original justice league cut

KEK

>>Lex Luthor was cringy,
lex luthor was interesting

>> Batman killing was exasperating

fucking idiot. Batman killed in comics and in the recent nolan trilogy. What he does in bvs is not that different from The Dark Knight Returns, there is only the added and utter destruction of a few goons. Beside this, it maked (edit: made) sense for the bvs version of the character to (occasionally) kill. The movie should be lauded for having the balls to do something different with the character, I loved a version of batman made cynical by a 20 years career.

In conclusion i THINK this is inane criticism, laughable even (disrespectful? to what? The most childish and 2dimensional interpretations of the character? please)

>> and the Martha scene,
I don't even understand the criticism of this. The fact that he says Martha instead of mother doesn't change anything about that scene: batman would have still realized he was becoming joe chill and destroying a family. Conclusion: inane criticism

>>the JL trailer and the Doomsday fight sealed the deal on a bad movie.

ok I'm fine with this

The conflict in Civil War was a joke. BvS was countless times more introspective and understanding of differing perspectives. In Civil War there is just one perspective and everything else is wrong.

Like, Guardians is the only kind of comic movie that we can see the relationship between Quill, his mother, Ego, and Yondu. That situation is very unique to THAT story and it has a ton of heart and emotion packed into it and it works well, but DC has that in nearly all of its characters and stories. Not everything is all hunky dory in their world at all times. Things don't happen and then get forgotten for the next movie. Actions create conflicts and those conflicts lead to more and more and so on. We got to see more of that kind of emotional investment in that than we have in most of the MCU films.
To be honest, we'll see a few marvel characters be killed off in Infinity War, but how much of an impact is that REALLY going to make on the MCU films? It's just going to be "We fight X villain without Y hero, but we thought of Z solution so we win either way" That can't happen in the DC universe because some villains are much too powerful for certain characters which is why they brought Superman back to life and all the emotional impact that was made from his death comes rushing back. The world was changed when they learned of his existence, then it changed again when he sacrificed himself, and now it'll change again now that he's returned.

GOHAN BLANCO >>> JUST LEAGUE

I'm already pissed that we didn't get a Snyder DC Trilogy that was untouched and uncorrupted by greedy WB Jews

Thats some Marble Hornets shit there

Nice bait... i'll bite;

Captain America basically realised that Bucky was a good person being hunted without trial for a supposed act of terrorism on the UN. Imagine if someone bombed the UN and your face was on the news as the one who did it with a 'wanted dead or alive' approach being taken.

This mirrors the core theme of Civil War, the idea that you can be punished for something without causing it. The Avengers are punished primarily due to the actions of entities outside their control.

Tony is the exception to this with the Ultron scenario, but the rest of the world dont know he is the one who fucked up all the shit - so the rest of the world just adds it as another disaster to the list.

In a similar way, the Witch uses her powers to try and save people and it results in some other people being injured because she cannot stop an explosion. More would have been killed if she had not intervened, yet the blame falls on her anyway.

too bad he was an annoying jew boy and all his jokes fell flat

I enjoyed it, but I was still let down because I could tell they butchered what was a far better, more interesting film just so Cuck Whedon could play insert-a-quip. In his defense, a couple of them were legitimately funny, but they weren't worth ripping apart Zack's work like he did.

wut

VFX claims they still working on scenes for Blu ray

Batman V Superman sort of does the same thing, except with Man Of Steel they forgot to show Superman actually giving a shit about people in any other scene other than when he stops Zod killing a few people and then kills Zod to prevent him killing more - which few actually witnessed.

In BvS's case it's less a case of the world being confused about who to blame and more them accurately laying blame on the person they saw doing fuck-tons of damage.

I think the biggest problem with the DCEU right now is that it respects none of it's characters.

Superman as a character is designed to embody the best of the human race. He's supposed to be this unfailingly kind, selfless, almost naive character who does no wrong. All the best Superman comics embrace this to the nth degree. He should be willing to sacrifice himself for the greater cause no matter what, he should talk people down from ledges, he should fix some random kids bicycle wheel. Unfortunately we received an angry, broody superman who is willing to kill people.

Batman shouldn't kill people and if he does it certainly shouldn't be in the way that he killed people in BvS. He recklessly murdered people with his bat-mobile that arguably weren't even guilty, just Lexcorp employees. Plus some of the promo materials show him holding guns which is retarded.

I could forgive the bad CGI as well as everything else if the characters were just written well and were true to the source material. WB keeps trying to cash in on the immense brand recognition that their characters have but they need to actually make movies starring those characters instead of these broody husks of characters we see in MoS, BvS and JL.

They are bullshitting, all of this was posted several days after we saw all the scenes described.

No extended cut is coming as you cannot extend what is missing completely - two thirds of Zack Snyder's version never made it to filming. The deleted scenes they have are a mixture of Whedon's scenes and random stuff they filmed in a panic during the time when they were hearing the BvS reactions.

I enjoyed Civil War not for it's terrible use of a governmental influence in it, but because of the emotional connection we have with Steve, Tony, and Bucky and how those characters were forced to to point of nearly killing each other over their conflict.
The whole movie could be a blur and that ending fight scene would still be absolutely great, and the only reason why Steve or Bucky didn't end up a corpse on the floor is because Steve, being a morally righteous charcter compared to Tony, crippled Tony within his suit.

That being said, I enjoy the fight between Bruce and Clark just as much because it uses the audiences knowledge of Batman to it's advantage. They know the kind of character he already is, but Snyder tweaked it just to the point where we can see the conflict within him. I don't get why people still complain that he killed criminals in BvS when they purposefully pointed out time and time again Bruce's mental state at the time of the film. He's been fighting criminals for 20 years now, some relatively easy to take down, and others who have taken family from him. He's seen his parents murdered in front of him, his sidekick and friend murdered, his city continuously fall to corruption and crime, and after all that time he sees something that makes the last 20 years of his life meaningless. Alfred said it himself where the feeling of helplessness can make a good man turn cruel. Bruce was at his breaking point and he was willing to stop at nothing to save the world from Superman, whether he was a friend or foe, the risk was too great to even chance it. So who gives a flying fuck about a few worthless criminals when the entire planet is at stake?

>I've never really been in a fight before!
>Save one
>What?
>”Save one person, and it is like you have saved the whole of humanity". Surah 5:32
They really gave Bin Al-Flecki too much control over the script.

Do you know more?

>muhh superman
>muhh batman
youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4

if only we could go back to the good ole days...
youtube.com/watch?v=9pSD26bGy3I

People who grow up on planet earth are never this ideal and if that's what you want, then you don't want an actually interesting story, you just want to read a comic or watch a DC animated movie. Comic book superman can work like that, but when you try and take that kind of character and toss him into the real world, he'd never fit in. Snyder's Superman is the best we're going to get because he feels like a real person with real problems and that's how you adapt a character from the comics, you ADAPT them.
Same with Batman, read what I wrote here
It explains everything going on in Bruce's head withing the movie itself. I don't get why people complain about shit that they seem to be too retarded to see in the exact same movie.

This
If you want that kind of campy characterization, go to a different source

your idea of how the characters are and should be is boring and retarded and factually wrong (superman and batman never killed anyone in the comics? Really?), it is the fault of pieces of shit like you if we got Whedon's Jl instead of Snyder\Goyer JL. You are also getting the snyder movie version wrong.
stupid piece of shit retard

Is this a bad copy pasta? Because that's exactly one of Justice League's problems -they didn't keep Flash as the only comic relief. Everyone was throwing quips.

that's the fucking poing though
superman never existed as this infallible perfect absolute, not even in the precious comic book source which the movie makers are obviously more well read in than the people leveling complaints at them

Thks is what saddens me:

I am a life-long comics fan who picked up on what Snyder was doing pretty much as soon as I reached the firdt giewing of the Flood scene in BvS, and I was over the moon with joy. It took me more than a year putting together all the meticulous attention to detail in these first two movies, saw my sudpicions confirmed in both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. I shared literally everything I discovered here, debated, discussed, and re-evaluated what I thought I was seeing, and it all fits.

Snyder gave us a world where the arrival of Superman awakened myth and magic, and his death and return are the events responsible for kicking off a new Heroic Age, where magic lives in these metahumans and mankind's belief in them elevates them to demigods.

It's courageous, it's beautiful, and it's a more sincere tribute to fantasy and comics characters than anything Disney's ever produced or likely ever will. Now I fear I am watching it die.

I don't mind Flash being a comic relief character, but they really shouldn't have made him so autistically socially awkward. Instead they should have made him feel afraid and unsure of himself him he was when Bruce told him to "save one"
If Barry came off as more of an inexperienced, reluctant hero instead of a wacky and goofy 30 year old, then I wouldn't be saying anything. Flash is much better as an almost sarcastic asshole while in the costume and just sarcastic outside of it that just socially awkward

He never did, but people growing up with just Smallville seem to think he can't have any sort of human qualities and just want him to be like a fresh-out-of-box/ golden age comic Superman
Who the fuck think's that THAT is good character development? Where there's literally no room for anything because he's the perfect everything already.

this a thousand times

People saying a character is suppose to be this or that are fucking retarded. As DC comics fan, theres been multiple iterations of these characters. A dark,violent,conflicted superman is far from a new concept as is a batman who kills. Actually the way the characters are written changes every time a new run starts.

i feel the EXACT same way with the same background as you

Which is a good thing
The DC Cinematic world should just be seen as it's own self contained universe withing the vast Multiverse. This is how these characters are in THIS universe, and if you'd want to see them in other forms, look to other forms of media.

Batman killing really doesn't bother me. The no kill rule was just there because back in the day they didn't want to kill his villains off so they could reuse them over and over, and because having him kill meant there would be controversy over it.

His autism over no killing ever doesn't even make sense in a more realistic standpoint. He definitely kills people, with how hard he's beaten some people he's killed a few from collateral damage, even in the dark knight he's pretty open to it, he just doesn't do it all the time. When he slams the bat mobile into jokers truck he definitely killed the driver. It's literally not possible to do what he does to people and not occasionally kill one or two.

Henry Cavill claims that the real Superman is in Justice League. Stop believing people’s fanfiction and head canon like a faggot.

>tfw this movie was so generic and forgettable that I almost wish Snyder finished it because even though I hated BvS and thought it did almost everything wrong, it at least had genuine effort behind it
It's a weird feeling.

batman not killing is absurd in the face of his inspiration and the world in which he lives in

it's amazing, hilarious, and of course fitting that it took until fucking zack snyder for someone to actually do anything at all with batman's connection to zorro. rich guy branding criminals, defending the poor and powerless. zorro never had a problem killing enemies, because it doesn't fucking matter. did the shadow ever have an issue with death?

btw, did anyone else notice all the sexual subtext in batman's intro scene in bvs? that dude was moaning really loud

plenty of good opinions here from people who get both the comics and snyder\goyer\nolan versions. Thanks guys

COME TOGETHER

Lmao.

I think you missed the point

>I know the character better than the person writing them

is anyone surprised by the wb jew?

>BvS was terrible and I hate it
>wishes Zack Snyder completed JUST League so it would be just as terrible and empty

No. There is no winning here. Fuck this stupidity. And fuck Snyder fags.

ahahaha I would too

>i'm going to post a moment from a despised comic run that was routinely criticized for not understanding Superman even when it was brand new 30 years ago to prove MoS didn't have a shitty script
lol

it was funny back in 2013 and its still funny now

I think it's important for him to not just kill everyone but him causing deaths is not something to complain about either. Just because he doesn't bash Ras's face in on the train doesn't mean he didn't kill him by leaving him there. Bats should try to avoid killing if possible but with the number of people he fucks up and how badly he can beat someone at least one guy whose head he put through a wall or whose rib cage he smashed in definitely died from it. He doesn't even bother to check up on them, there's no way he hasn't killed some mook at least once by beating him so badly the guy dies from brain swelling or punctured lungs while lying there before the cops show up. Him understanding that he can't just murder every rogue he meets and that there's more to just chucking joker off a cliff is fine, but to just say no killing at all is stupid. You can kill a guy by hitting him one time in the right(wrong) way.

They should have included a few scenes with Clark regaining a few of his memories and seeing the public rejoice to see him back from the "dead"
It would have made him feel less conflicted and more content with being Superman, seeing as how at the moment of his "death" he was still unsure of his place in the world. I'm sure Synder included some of these types of scenes but they got cut. hell, that clip in the very beginning could have fit in real nicely between his resurrection and the final fight just to give him more development to explain his transformation from a Superman that carries the weight of knowing he's an out of place extraterrestrial who's seemingly disliked if not hated by the world, to a loved and treasured hero of Earth

not only this,

>I know the character better than the person writing them, the writer who researched comic book characters history and essays by authors such as Umberto Eco, all because I watched cartoons

snarky piece of shit, who cares about some nerd opinion about "understanding superman"

Good post

You apparently.

comic source is comic source
which comics matter and which don't?
in the absolute sense, that example still stands, its a direct comic book precedent to something that happens on screen
which comics are the ones that understand superman? how consistent are these comics with each other and all the other comics in general

thanks for this tho, its great to finally be talking about what is gospel and what is apocrypha in relation to superman

Some good posts here amidst the usual shitposts. On the plus side, I can finally move on from the genre completely. I liked Snyder's bold take on it. It made me appreciate superheroes I've never cared about before but I see that era is over now. It's sad but it is what it is.

One moment, which is hated, versus over 70 years of stories that have heavily defined the tone of the character?

Its as stupid as people that constantly post the first 3 issues of Batman to justify a him killing people when a core part of his character is his anti-killing rule which he's taken to absurd extremes in countless stories.

hope my boy snyder focuses on creative freedom for him and his collaborators

lol
what exactly is the origin of the 'no kill' rule?
we all know it's not from inside the comics

>Plus some of the promo materials show him holding guns which is retarded.

Sauce?

And Jimmy Olsen and the Daily Planet didn't come from the comics either. Thats irrelevant after decades of character defining stories.

>>heh only an educated comic book such as myself can understand the sueprman character as a perfect boy scout that never kills, only uneducated rubes can like a movie about MoS that gets the facts so blatantly wrong, le lel!

you are just obsessing over one of the most boring and 1 dimensional interpretation of a multi media character with an 80 year history... fucking stop... you can't even understand that the comic books you are using as a paragon are total gargabe, in both absolute terms and compared to the very best the comic books of superman have to offer, you want to feel important because studios are investing bigly in your nerd fetish so you actually feel cool while chastising directors for "Not getting it" (ie not going with the most boring version of the character) but you are just a piece of shit fixated with some dumb nerd shit

"Not muh superman" retard

about to go see the movie at 330 what should i expect?

In what comics was Superman presented with the same dilemma as in MoS? Snyder puts him in a scenario where he is forced to choose the lesser of two evils. This is to reinforce the idea that Superman is indeed not perfect or indestructible. Rather it's about him navigating complex decisions and making a better world from it. As far as I can remember Superman has never explicitly stated he never kills. Only by the nature of comics of course he never kills a villain after defeating them to save them for future issues. But I don't see how Superman is somehow immune from being put in decisions of shades of grey.

What's your favorite Justice League quip?
Mine is
>Wonder Woman: What the... Flash, run!
>Flash: You don't have to tell me twice! But during the stone age...
Classic Flash

Bats recklessly murders people with his car in the Nolan movies too, unless you honestly think he didn't kill the guy in the cabin of that garbage truck he turned into an accordion by smashing against the tunnel ceiling while driving right into the cabin at 100 miles an hour. Any incarnation of Batman that isn't a kids show like JLA or Brave and the Bold is one where bats killed at least one person.

>didn't come from the comics either.
>Thats irrelevant
ahhhh hahaha

its only irrelevant when its convenient, like everything else in all this muh superman talk

You could definitely tell that it was meant to be way longer. The pacing was, as is always the case with the theatrical releases of DC movies, way off, and while there weren't chunks that were clearly missing like BvS (Whedon, if nothing else, is good at making a story coherent), I felt like there was much we didn't see. That said, MoS and BvS are massively better films, and since we probably won't be getting an ultimate cut for JL, they'll stay that way.

it was a core part of his character in the most stupid history of the caped crusader

it was imposed by censorship and never made that much sense when brought to retarded extremes.

Bvs shows a batman made cynical after 20 years fighting crime in gotham, plus there is a precedent: the aforementioned first episodes of the comic book, the previous movie iterations, and even more recent comic books

it's not such a big step from the dark knight returns where it's a miracle nobody dies from the extreme amount of brutality employed by batman

instead you are rejecting a version of the character "gone bad" because you are fixating in a "core part" that never added anything interesting to the character. You are putting a stupid, childish, censorship induced dogma before actually telling new stories because you get autism-upset over differences from your beloved children cartoons

>those retards actually asked Paramount to go fuck up the IM6 movie instead with some of their terrible Cavill CGI
"No guys I assure you we tested it, really i-it looks fine"