Why didn't Elrond just push Isildur into Mt. Doom? He was right there

Why didn't Elrond just push Isildur into Mt. Doom? He was right there.

It's not like he would have had a moral compunction about it, he clearly looks down on humans. From a utilitarian perspective it was obviously the right thing to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTB5t_4Nlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

isildur would have easily overpowered him

Because Isildur was protected by plot shield

Elrond was standing behind him, Isildur was basically leaning over the edge. It wouldn't have been a fight, just a strong nudge and he wouldn't have time to react.

plot armor? best investment in my life

Isuldur is 7’6’’. You try pushing him and tell me how that goes.

Because Isildur was an uber chad and would have wrecked his faggoty elf ass

and it's tax deductible

Isildur was 8 feet tall user

Why didn't frodo just bury the ring in the garden or try to hide it? It survived 2000 years with gollum without being found until some pleb hobbit happens upon it by chance

Isildur was almost 9 feet tall and growing

Yea just kill the prince of numenor and newly crowned king of Gondor. I'm sure that would have gone over well.

Is there anything good about being a human in LOTR? At least the hobbits had durable feet and could fit in small spaces.

Isildur was 12 ft 5

Actually the whole point of destroying the ring in the books is that sauron has the overwhelming advantage against the humans/dwarves/elves.

He had the wildmen, men from the east, large amounts of orcs/goblins/trolls/mercenaries/nazgul.

When he had saruman and isengard on his side in the first book, and with the humans e.g. gondor and rohan not really caring about eachother and the elves/dwarves basically indifferent towards eachother and elves thinking men were weak due to isildur fucking up with the ring in the first place.

Burying it would be the worst thing to do, especially since saruman only betrays sauron since he believes he has frodo/the ring when pippin and merry are caught and is in his possession essentially.

Sauron with saruman at his side with all the armies he recruited vs the disbanded humans/elves/dwarves would have been a CRUSHING defeat as each separate faction fell.

Le virgin Elrond and le chad Isildur

>elrond comes out alone
>hey, where's isildur, you know the king of men? we saw you go in there with him and the ring
>uh... he ah... got taken by the uh eagles....
>... GET HIM!

I think they lived longer and aged better than normal humans in our world. Aragorn was like 70 during the the events of the movies.

Numenorian men (Aragorn's bloodline) were all giga-chads and had long lives.

I swear they were Eru/ God's favourite creation as well.

because aragorn was from a birthline called the numeroreans, its basically the chad bloodline for long life (200-300+ years for normal, 300+ for pure numeros) as well as chad body types.

Regular humans still only lived til 70-80, probably less since no healthcare.

Been a while, so my memory is shit, but wasn't Boromir one of the regular shit humans?

He had, if I recall correctly, highly diluted Numenorean blood. Not on the same level of Aragon but still up there compared to your average Gondor pleb.

lol

This will escalate to Isildur being bigger than Ancalagon, I tell you what
And I am looking forward that, I tell you what.

If I push you off that ledge will you die?

It would be extremely painful

You're a 16 foot 3 guy

For you

>implying a virgin elf can take on a chad numenorian

>saruman only betrays sauron since
wait, what? is this only in the books?

Aragorn was actually nearly 90 at the start of the fellowship of the ring.

90 feet? Golly

>hurr durr Elrond wouldn't be willing to sacrifice his own life to destroy the ring

To all the "he was a lanklet" faggots he still could have pushed him off. Dat high center of gravity

Hell even a running tackle and sacrificing himself would have worked

They get to go to a better paradise than the elves.

Why didn't they just give the ring to Legolas and let him meme his way single-handedly through armies of Orcs on the way to Mt Doom. The dude was fucking untouchable.

He would have been corrupted

Only reason hobbits can do it is cause they're unambitious fags so it doesn't corrupt them as bad

he mentions it when talking with gandalf about joining together, in his research of the ring, he became fascinated with it, if saruman had gotten the ring, he would of kept it for himself, not hand it over to sauron.

but there is a sequence of events that sorta trigger the initial betrayal e.g. the hobbits getting kidnapped by the white hand of saruman.

Saruman in his haste believed that one of the hobbits likely had the ring or a good chance and made preparations to betray sauron.

its sorta hinted in the movie too with the orcs that meet up with the white hand, they tell them that their orders are to bring the weapon to saruman, not sauron whereas the orcs are aligned with sauron, who want to take it themselves.

was waiting for this
i miss old /new/

Yeah m8, I'm sure the human army right at the foot of Mt. Doom would understand why Elrond killed their king and just let the Elves go in peace.

because Isildur was a MAN, elrond was just a pussy elf

Why didn't they just give the ring to Legolas and let him meme his way single-handedly through armies of Orcs on the way to Mt Doom
I was still finishing reading Return of the King after seeing Fellowship and this is exactly how I thought it would go.

what if they put the ring in a magic lock-box with no key made out of mithril?

"he tripped... i tried to save him... oh well"

The lock-box would have been corrupted.

>giga-chads
but basically this

also, because of their shorter lifespans, humans also had different benefits than elves who spread their risk over multiple centuries

He's a big guy

I always assumed The Ring would've sabotaged Elrond's attempt in some form or fashion.
Like Elrond would have just gotten really unlucky somehow and tripped on a loose rock and died himself, accomplishing nothing.

Also, Elrond had been exhausted from standing as Gil-Galad's second for however long Sauron Elendil and Gil were fighting.
I can't remember exactly right now (been awhile), but I believe it's implied Elrond even engaged with Sauron during the course of the duel.

>all of this wildly unnecessary questions about primary characters

Why didn't they just use fucking eagles and be done with it?

Another user here. Remind me folks, why did the Frodo, when he found the ring, have to go to the elves in the first place?

That just kept on going. I swear, Lotr thread are the only sacred thing this board has.

they didn't know what the fuck do with it so they had a meeting

eagles would have taken the ring from frodo

>I always assumed The Ring would've sabotaged Elrond's attempt in some form or fashion.
Yeah I think this is it. Don't forget Isildur's power was enhanced because he was the ring-bearer at the time. Power is kind of vague in the Tolkien universe and doesn't just mean physical strength. I think he knew he couldn't so it because Isildur would have seen (sensed) him coming.

Why didn't Gandalf shoot fireworks at the crowds of orcs?

Because Gandalf wouldn't have let him. The only reason Frodo left is Gandalf told him to. Plus, you're forgetting the Nazgul were looking for him, and would have captured him and brought him to Sauron, and been tortured to tell where it is, like Gollum was.
The reason why Gollum found it, or his cousin he murdered did, is the ring was semi-sentient. It knew Sauron had finally reassembled a mortal form and was active in Middle Earth, and was manipulating Gollum to bring the ring to it's Master. I think Gandalf speculated that the ring fell off Gollum on purpose, so Bilbo would find it, because Gollum didn't leave the cave anymore. The ring was silent, under water, because Sauron was still just a ghost rattling around the woods.

Yeah.
Then again, by this point Elrond was a bearer of his own Ring too. The Elven Rings seem to be a lot more passive in 'their' application of power when they aren't being wielded. Whereas The One Ring is much more aggressive in exerting its Will, probably due to the fact that it is actually infused with an actual malevolent fucking entity.

It had a 20 year cool down and Gandalf wanted to do something special for his friend's birthday

The elves were hiding their rings, because they were made with the power of the One ring, and were bound to it. Nobody knew that Galadriel, Gandalf and Elrond had them in the first place. Galadriel reveals to Frodo that she wears one in their scene at Galadriel's mirror, and Gandalf wears his openly when he's boarding the ship at the end. (The rings lost their powers when the One was destroyed) They were passive rings, anyway, not weapons, they were for healing and inspiration.

because even Gandalf at full WHITE power was a bitch. The Witch King broke his staff and cast him down.

He had the ring. If Elrond challenged him Isildur would have won. He might have put the right on or started a war.

Isildur clearly was 20feet

Why didn't Gollum take the ring from Bilbo if he knew who had it?

who is this???

Lord of the rings is literally about power, the media and the creation of culture and the final days of the men of the west. Tolkien tried to warn us you know.

Isulder looks like Paul Rudd

Did he, now. In which fan fiction book did this take place in? In the movie, he confronts Gandalf at Minias Tirith, but is held back by him, and he turns away when Rohan shows up, and is killed by Eowyn, a woman. Talk about a bitch.

Because Bilbo put the ring on. Did you even watch the movie, or read the books?

If Frodo hadn't chosen to be the Ringbearer would he just get to hang around in Rivendell? When mortals failed would the elves let him sail to the Gray Havens or would they have kicked him out to be killed by rampaging Orcs?

In the books the elves simply advised it should be destroyed, then Isildur took it. They never went into the Volcano. Elrond would have had to kill Isildur, effectively forcing the smaller elven force to fight the human force and bringing Arnor itself down on the now weakened Elves.

But as for the movie its just to make the choices more visually obvious. Lava right there or go out the tunnel right there. People are too stupid to get it otherwise.

Yes, and he's shown telling Sauron where the ring is and who has it, so he obviously knew somehow.

You get to die which is a gift according to that cunt eru

Why didn't Gandalf just use the New Ring to face Sauron head on?

Would Tayne have destroyed the ring or kept it for himself?

He would have gone back to the shire, most likely. That was his intention, before the meeting. Or stayed there until the war was over, taking care of Bilbo. As for going to the Grey Havens, maybe, because the wound from the Nagul blade is one of the reasons why they let him go, because it never healed completely.

what can the ring actually do when worn by someone that isn't balbo beggons?

Elrond was a political idealist, not a murderer.

There's no way Isildur was a manlet. He was at 25ft 3.

Because it would have corrupted him, and turned him into Sauron. Galdriel turned down the ring for the same reasons. Nobody could wield it, because it was a part of Sauron himself, and it would corrupt the most powerful people in Middle Earth. Go read the meeting where they decide the fate of the ring again (the movie glosses over it). They discuss why it has to be destroyed. Boromir wanted to use it, and was told no, shut up and sit the fuck down.

How much did Isildur weigh at the time?

>Isildur's height
just got on the Sup Forums. what did I miss?

Control. Sauron was in control of every being under his command. If Saruman had worn it, and used it, he could have put all of Middle Earth under his control.

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTB5t_4Nlc

Get fucked Gandalf fag

Why didn't Sauron just make a full set of armor fashioned from the same material the ring was made?
He would be invincible and you could only kill him by throwing him down Mt. Doom?

I KILLED ALL THE HOBBITS
I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS

More important, what tax bracket was he in?

Because Sauron found gollum and he was tortured so he told them about baggins and the Shire. Frodo had to leave the shire after that.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Isuldur began the battle as a hobbit and ended it as a stone giant. They foolishly think Elrond could have pushed him into Mt. Doom.

How did orcs know what a menú is?
Was the whole trilogy just in Bilbo's imagination (in the book he was writing)?

Why didn't Gandalf just launch the One Ring into the sun?
The center of a sun is about 10,000 times hotter than a volcano.

If the ring can change size at will why didn't it grow thirty foot tall so the ringwraiths could see it?

why didn't the ring grow to be the size of the entire planet so the planet wore it and got corrupted so that Sauron could rule everything?

Good point. It would have also become physically impossible to bear.

>literally half human
why would elrond look down on humans? he doesn't

Didn't you read Elliot's manifesto?

They'd have to knock out sauron and parade him around mordor "weekend at bernies" style until they got to mount doom

does the ring's mass stay constant no matter the size, or is that also altered?

you could give the ring to an ant and it would become so dense that it would just punch straight through the earth, reaching the planet's core and melting, since the lava at Mount Doom is also lava in the core.

>Why didn't Elrond just push Isildur into Mt. Doom? He was right there.

Isildur was Dúnedain he could have kicked Elronds ass up and down mt doom all day long if it came to it and they both knew it

also the ring would have protected itself by giving Isildur a measure of it's power to avoid it's own destruction

in the intro, Galadriel said Bilbo was something "the ring did not foresee", so I'm not sure about that.

Did they consider dropping the ring into a different volcano?

If hobbits are resistant to the Ring, why did Smeagol got corrupted instantly?

Because then he would have lost his tax deal he made with Gondor.