Thor: Ragnarok

Okay, I must have missed something in one of the earlier MCU movies. Why the fuck is Loki constantly switching back and forwards between helping and hurting the protagonists? Is he good or bad? I remember he was bad in the first Avengers but that's it

He's a prick.

scorpions ONLY sting in self defense though

Loki should have knelt to Hela and try to get with her.

Because he's a trickster. Real reason is they don't want to lose Tom Hiddleston as he's one of the more popular actors in the MCU.

Because he's conflicted about what he wants and how he feels about his brother
>Loki is a deeper character than anything Snyder has managed to shit onto the screen

That's Loki being Loki, he's more or less a god of chaos and just likes fucking around. He is usually only looking out for himself, and if he helps the gods or giants all depends in his current situation.

>that episode where he turns himself into a mare so he can get fucked by a stud causing the gods to kill a stonemason then gives birth to a giant snake, a 6 legged horse and a wolf

Its kinda like how i'll alternate between adding something constructive to a conversation on Sup Forums, but then suddenly shitposting outta nowhere just to get a reaction
I'm not a bad person, really. I just have my moments.

BvS is deeper than any generic marvel flick. Kill yourself faggot

Post yfw when
>What were you the God of again?

Deeper in the trash can maybe

word, my Zackesian friend.

Loki is a trickster god. So he, you know, tricks people.

This would be MUCH better, loki turned himself into a girl many times before canonically
The whole movie they meme that he can shapeshift and trick people, what if he came back to help and posed as odin or something that would really get to Hela mentally.
There should have been a scene where he comes back in Odin form and pulls a Lion KIng where the villain is momentarily in fear because of the return of a dead king, it would make sense thematically and would probably be fuel for marvel to make a bunch of quips out of

>Is he good or bad?
Neutral evil, or the asshole alignment.

>what were you the god of again?

>I COME FROM THE LAND OF THE ICE AND SNOW

He craves adoration and attention but is also an asshole.

So what happened with Sultur? Did he go back to his realm, or is he stranded in the middle of Asgard chunks? Is he even alive?

Why is it deep, without copypasting.

Lets be honest, BvS is deeper than most movies period.

Just seen it, very fun movie I gotta say

In the MCU he is basically a child that wants the attention of his big brother Thor and wants to punish/usurp daddy since he was kinda a dick and treated him as a secondary son. In the Mythology he was a dick that basically just pulled pranks on people that was forced to be the enemy of the gods because Odin is an even bigger dick and was too stupid to realize he had created a self fulfilling prophecy in his quest to prevent Ragnarok.

Fuck off scorpion internet defence force

>Why the fuck is Loki constantly switching back and forwards between helping and hurting the protagonists?
Because he's the trickster god?

>Dude, they use subtle christ imagery to convey the notion that superman is similar to a godlike figure!

In all honesty I liked Lex's "demons come from the heavens" shit because I'm an /x/ freak and think that if aliens come down to earth they will be what ancient man reffered to as demons or pagan gods.
>tfw snyder may have been trying to save humanity from an alien invasion with the greatest work of film ever created

BVS is not really deep, just has a few interesting shots.

MARTHA!

God of Lies and Deceit

Preaching to the choir my Zackistan buddy

They do though, my pet scorpion Medusa is an absolute qt when she gets mad. All she does is wave her claws around.
Most scorpions are pretty harmless, and the only ones that you would ever have to be concerned about live in deserts and the middle of nowhere, and the would only sting because scorpions with higher venom concentrations trade out their large claws for stronger venom and smaller size. It's mostly used as a last resort defense option, or a secondary predatory attack on BUGS.

>then gives birth to a giant snake, a 6 legged horse and a wolf

Wrong. Only the 6 legged horse. The wolf, the snake and Hel(a) are all illicit offspring birthed by Angrboda, his frost giant fling.

>BVS is not really deep, just has a few interesting shots.
most idiots on here mistake presentation for substanvce

>christ imagery to convey the notion that superman is similar to a godlike figure

How is this bad though?
It makes perfect sense and actually works with what Snyder is trying to do.

Wouldn't work, Hela's prison dimension was linked into Odin's lifeforce and Hela, as the firstborn, inherits the Odinforce throughout the movie. That'll why she grows more powerful as the movie goes on and the summoned swords get bigger. So as long as she feels power flowing into her, she knows it's not Odin.

The crown is probably floating in space, waiting for the time Ragnarok comes again. If the Asgardians were able to destroy it, they would have done so instead of putting it in the museum.

>that fucking Frank Kirby aesthetic everywhere
>mfw

He’s chaotic evil. Neutral evil wouldn’t have exposed himself at the start of Thor 3 through being so sloppy even Thor saw through him.

I have to get off this planet

>Lol I'm good
>Now I'm bad lmao
>Good again
>Or am I :^)

2deep4me

Anyone else think that initially Odin and Loki were the same entity?

Right? Loki is chaotic as fuck

Explain your reasoning behind this train of thought.

wasn't it iron man fighting his friends to uphold the law?

no, faggot

I see the scorpion internet defense force has increased its funding, tell us, who funds you!!?

Only because his mistakes nearly destroyed the world a few times and he was feeling guilty and afraid of himself, so he pushed this shit on other people that literally did nothing wrong.

> Reminder that he was tricked by Black Widow.

And? The God of Thunder got tasered a few times in the first and third solo film.
You could also say Hawkeye deceived Loki with his exploding arrowhead.

Same sphere (sneaky dickery). Similar personalities and vices. The father (Odin) killing the son (Baldr) would run so counter to mythological precedent it seems like something that'd result in an apocalyptic event (Ragnarok)

Its not that its bad, he's poking fun at how god damn unsubtle the christ imagery was. It was painful on the nose and in your face. You have a character literally calling them self the devil.

Oh. We're talking the Edda now, not Marvel-Asgard. Right. No, I still don't think so. Odin is a sneaky dick to anyone not of his race, lass so to his fellow gods. Odin is wise through trading his eye for a sip from Mimir's spring, Loki is still pulling stupid pranks that frequently backfire on him. Like shaving Sif's head that resulted in Mjölnir, or, as you mentioned, engineering Baldr's death that would lead into Ragrarök when the Gods are all about stopping that stuff by preemptively chaining down Fenrir, for example.

Loki looks out for Number 1, himself.

>upholding government/local laws means you're lawful

that's not how alignment works.

He's bad, Thor just isn't in a situation where he can kick his shit in or arrest him. They make it painfully clear he's always going to be bad in one scene.

>Okay, I must have missed something in one of the earlier MCU movies.
Probably. said it best. fpbp btw
>Why the fuck is Loki constantly switching back and forwards between helping and hurting the protagonists? Is he good or bad? I remember he was bad in the first Avengers but that's it
Thor 1 was earlier than Avengers 1 and he wasn't bad there, Odin was the bad guy. In Avengers 1 we learn more about his arc, if he can't have Asgard, he'll have earth.
In Thor 2 he is unironically peak Loki in terms of writing and Tom Hiddleston's performance. He's fighting a common enemy with his brother, fakes his death, puts his father in a permanent illusion until Thor 3 and basically becomes the king of Asgard
In Thor 3 Thor reveals his shit to the people of Asgard, they have to fight Hela together and their "planet" is destroyed with only the people remaining. It's clear he doesn't have a people who supports him which is why he doesn't contest the throne at all, they're going to earth where he's hated because of the Chitauri attack in Avengers 1 and the only person who supports him is his brother. So he clings on to him, but he's stolen the Tesseract before Asgard's destruction in order to weasel out of the eventual Thanos conflict.
Loki is just a survivor, neither good not bad, and he's justified in having some daddy issues