Marvel grabs you off the street, puts a bag over your head and throws you in the back of a van...

Marvel grabs you off the street, puts a bag over your head and throws you in the back of a van. When you wake up you're in a room with a computer and a chalkboard. When you think of a way to make X-23 as big a seller for them as Harley Quinn is for DC, they will let you go.

What is your plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9yLZFTPMa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keep putting her in movies. People are already loving her in Logan, so capitalize on that.

Make her a Yandere, that always work

Slice of life erotic rom-com with Wingbat

THIS!

youtube.com/watch?v=l9yLZFTPMa4

No more Girl Wolverine. Goth her back up a little. Bring Jubilee into the book for buddy adventures.

Bring in Daken and Wild Child as chaotic neutral characters who's interactions with Laura spark some introspection about her identity issues and her moral compass. Start with mini-arcs of characters dealing with their own personal issues and motivations which over lap and build up to some plot twists and an over arching plot that brings in the real villains, such as Malcolm Colcord.

Daken and Wild Child would serve the purpose of instigators who seem like villains within the story at times, but are not the real threat.

Fanservice and sexual tensions. This is an attractive cast of characters, after all. Lots of black latex and leather. I'd use that to entice people.

Jubilee and Wild Child are both capable of instigating comedic relief. Laura is kind of the straight-man of any ensemble, which is why she can not be analogous to Harley Quinn. Instead she needs some other characters to play off her, while she acts as the soul and backbone of the cast.

I could go into more detail as I'm actually trying to learn the trade and have a lot of ideas for this particular group of characters.

...And for fuck's sake, invest in some quality art. Comics are a visual medium, Why don't they get that at Marvel?

People love her because she's a little kid. So let's keep her a little kid. Never make her grow up.

>make her quirkier
>make her constantly reference said quirkiness
>officially have her diagnosed as autistic
>have her go up against racist/sexist strawmen
>put her in an intimate lesbian relationship with Jubilee
>give her to a talentless meme writer with a social media presence
>more guest appearances by Deadpool in her comics

FUCK OFF, WINGBAT!

>What is your plan?

Ditch that idiotic character and storyline and make a comic out of Worm.

Try to break out before I get used for sexual.

He said make it popular, not good.

Thank you, user, but I think a good comic can also be popular if a writer and artist use the right emotional and visual hooks to bring in readers, and use social media and manipulation for viral marketing purposes.

Well, when I write X-23 I think of a man... then I take away reason and accountability.

Don't randomly make her mezican because of muh diversity, have her kill Daken because he's a bitch, go for more of a dark comedy spin, like X-Force but with more jokes about murdering people and not being a prostite anymore.

Make a movie where she is adopted by Deadpool and has sex with Iron Man

I'm so sorry

If you take the Y chromosome out of a Canadian... any Canadian... they turn People Of Colour

But that's how all Marvel characters are written!

>X-23 as big a seller for them as Harley Quinn
>X-23
>Not Gwenpool
user....

Kill myself

>Malcolm Colcord

I remember that guy! What has he been up to? Has he escaped from being chained up in Daken's rape dungeon?

I don't even know, to be honest. Still doing my research on what in the flying fuck Daken's current deal is, and his backstory which is mired in the Romulus mess, and what became of Colcord since his appearance in the X-23 solo book. I have some big ideas for him.

When did Daken have him as a prisoner?

After the Daken and X-23 X-over

Oh, the apartment. The idea I'm running with is to somehow set Malcolm up within an international corporate conglomerate that specializes in medical tech, bio-engineering, and genetically modified organisms. Him being obsessed with Wolverine and only working on experiments within clandestine government programs seems so out dated and limiting. Being lead scientist within a boarder-less and very wealthy business entity would make him a far far greater threat, as well as a more nuanced threat as his experiments could also be a source of scientific and medical breakthroughs humanity at large benefits from.

I need to figure out how to get him from where he was in the X-23 book to where I want him to be.
Last we saw Daken lost an arm and his healing factor. I want to have him still be in that predicament when he runs into Wild Child, so that he'll need him. Wild Child is a character who has an inherently submissive side and a need to be useful, plus he is very unstable and no longer has his master Romulus to hold him together. His unstable mutations and the effect they have on his psyche will be his motivation. I'm going to add to the backstory that Romulus had been supplying him with a serum that stabilizes him but wears off because of his augmented healing factor. He's going to be looking for answers and more serum.

Colcord, of course, will have designs on both of them, and the technology to give them what they want. He will not do this directly, however, they'd never make an honest upfront deal with him.

This is the Daken I want to write in a book with Laura, Jubilee, and Wild Child. He's the furthest to the evil end of that spectrum, but has a lot of room for character development and can and does work with 'good guys'. His conniving nature and fear of connecting with people would provide such a nice contrast to the other three, while still having so much in common with both Laura and Wild Child. I think he'd be a great vehicle for plot twists.

Easy enough to say that Daken raped Colcord's luscious bunghole every night for a few months straight, but then gradually lost interest, cause... that's how Daken is. So then Colcord took advantage of his captor's inattentiveness to escape. Doesn't really need many more details than that.

But you need to make sure to mention the buttsex. The plentiful and gratuitous buttsex.

Oh, there could be some buttsex in the book, but not with Colcord, he isn't very attractive. Buttsexing Colcord won't sell books.

I'm thinking I'll have to figure out something that tore him away from that situation so there's proper closure. Maybe there was some diversion arranged so that Colcord could be rescued and made use of. I take Colcord to be the poor man's Sinister, so you'd have to figure there's be business entities who would be interested in such a valuable yet less threatening human resource.

There's always mystery white-hair lady from Paris. She's a character who has history with X-23 and tangentially with Jubilee.

She's totally alternate future timeline Bellona

Laura needs a sleaze injection, start drawing her sexy again, bring back the violence to her books. play up the teen hooker angle

All New Wolverine has to be the most unoffensive comic in the history of mankind, Laura is naturally edgy character, she shouldn't be in a family friendly book.

That gave me such Romulus vibes. The whole 'as I am you will be' thing is kind of shit no matter how it's done or how it's worded. Full cringe.

Maybe this next 'Wolverine' arc will get her out of the way so that I only have to do some reparative retconing on any troublesome parts the way I plan to with the Romulus mess being a big part of Daken and Wild Child's backstory.

I wonder why Romulus didn't go after X-23 now that I think of it.

Dubs of truth. I wouldn't want her reduced to sleaze, though, just a little sexy and fuck yes the book needs more blood and gore. People don't read feral mutant books for hugfests and inspirational speeches.

Have you seen yet?

Attach her to spiderman

Done

Yes. She uses a McGuffin in the form of an ironman suit to merely knock Kimura over and drown her with little struggle, after defeating her henchmen with the power of friendship. It was terrible. No big battle, no tension, no climax. Kimura is her Sabretooth, and this is all we get out of a showdown between them.

Taylor just has like no dramatic flair. It's sad, really. He's clearly got at least decent ideas for good engaging storylines about fighting personal demons and such, but he just doesn't have that little bit of 'oomph' to take him all the way.

The final fight between Laura and Kimura should have been savage, two indestructible titans of CQC venting all their years of blood and desire and hatred onto their battle. At the very least there should be an eye-gouging. Some pocket sand!

And at the end Laura is covered in bloody wounds, maybe with the claws on her left hand torn out, maybe missing an eye, but still manages to overcome Kimura and drown her in the surf. And THEN the tears and that speech about rejecting everything the Facility forced her to be would, and that she chooses to be WOLVERINE would have felt EARNED. Cause there would have been dramatic weight and shit behind it.

I agree over all but the speach still would have been cheesy. The over all writing is really really bad regardless of Taylor's intentions. The dialogue and narration wasn't even fanfic worthy.

Well, I mean in the sense of what could be done to amp up the drama without changing any of the major beats Taylor had. Could this entire arc about defeating trigger scent and Kimura be done much better? Absolutely.

Of course it would also take a much better artist than what they've got currently working on the book. This whole issue everyone just kind of stood there looking at each other. There was barely any body language at all. Like everyone's just standing in the middle of a hall shooting at each other, no sense of movement or attempts to find cover. They don't even seem to be moving towards each other. Ugh.

Trips of truth. The artist really does manage to be even worse than the writer. I am not sure how Marvel expects to improve sales when they don't invest in art.

I'd try and sabotage the meme spouting cunt that is Harley Quinn into oblivion so that X-23 is as popular by default.

Tell them to stop being cheep asses and invest in better writers and artists?

Learn necromancy, resurrect Crusty Jones and hire him to write a TV series of HMQ. Get dem Koreans that did Korra to animate it (but obviously keep everyone involved in the writing for that show away) and give it a really cool soundtrack with lots of synth and 80's references.

Make sure Laura dresses like a metal slut.

BOOM.