Higgins' Nightwing vs Seely's Nightwing. Which do you prefer and why

Higgins' Nightwing vs Seely's Nightwing. Which do you prefer and why

They're both mediocre as fuck but Seeley's run has better art. Neither run is worth reading though.

Seely's I think it's only an average book, but Higgins run was one of the most annoying things I've ever read it was constantly reacting to what Snyder was doing in Nightwing and so changed direction every couple of weeks.

Snyder was doing in Batman I mean.

I really like Seeleys run, Higgins one felt really weird to me idk why

Maybe because the whole book was just him getting shat at, dead gf, dead child hood friend,child hood home was revealed to be breeding Assassin sex slaves, DickBabs pairing was pretty bleh and then he died

I did like the whole Gray Son of Gotham thing, that one court of owls crossover but other than that it felt really generic

Besides some hiccups here and there, I've found Seeley's Nightwing mostly entertaining. It's nowhere near as good as Grayson but it has enough to keep me coming back each month.

I read an issue here and there of Higgins' run as it was coming out but for the most part there wasn't anything there that really grabbed my interest. So most of his run I haven't read and don't have a desire to.

I think I read from the solicts that Cobb is coming back for an arc.

oh thats fucking gr8 I liked that guy

Seely's. It's not super duper amazing but it's fun and is true to the spirit of the character. Extra points for good art.

Higgins' run was pure shit
To be fair, he had to work with lots of crossovers (night of the owls, death of the family, zero year, forever evil etc.), so it was really disjointed, but even excluding that, it was 2edgy4me
Oh, and it had mediocre art as well

I really don't understand why Seeley is getting a free pass for shoving a woman in the fridge when better writers would have gotten called out for it.

DELET THIS
Seeley wouldn't kill her this fast!

Seeley's had way more compelling characterization and storylines.

>we know have cbr forum discussions on Sup Forums

Seeley has much firmer grasp on Dick's characterization than Higgins and has made a more robust supporting cast..

Higgins run also ended with that fucking bullshit Spider-man homage. -100/10

She's not dead yet, though. Just kidnapped.

Do you think she's really pregnant?

I don't remember reading Higgins before New 52, but that like most of the New 52 Batfamily books was Batman-lite, and therefore without uniqueness in the voice of the protagonist, which made it completely forgettable. Seeley's isn't as good as Grayson was, but it it's still readable and at least feels like Dick, so I'd give it my vote.

I really worry she is just rusing Dick, but don't want Dick to be a daddy, despite not wanting him to have another reason for self-introspection and trust issues when that was a big part of coming to Bludhaven in the first place. With that said, I'm sure he'd run circles around Bruce in term's of being a great dad.
We're never going to get a Clark, Dick, Jon and Damian take Chode out for a nice day in the City Special, are we?

I'm guessing she's not and the purpose is just to make Dick think about it, but whether it's an actual lie or something else (like just diet or whatever) fucking with her is another question.

>I'm guessing she's not and the purpose is just to make Dick think about it
I agree. I don't think editorial will let Steeley do anything too character changing to Dick. They had their chance in Grayson to shake things up a little. Now, sadly, it's time to go back to the status quo.

She is

Dick just probably isn't the dad

Seeley's run is one of the most enjoyable books of Rebirth so far. Higgins was mostly forgettable, with a few peaks

One, people (read: tumblr) don't read DC
Two, she might not be dead yet

>Dick doesn't wrap it up
This will never not be hilarious

This

Seeley said that he doesn't like fridging, so she's probably fine

Seeley's run is the best dicks been since Morrison's batman and robin and Snyder's black mirror and the best nightwing as a title has been since probably issue 117 right before one year later.

I'll judge it by their villains:
One had Saiko (really people?)
The other Raptor.

Raptor was much more entertaining. So there we go.

Shawn > Raya, too

I enjoyed the first arc of Seeleywing, but it's been pretty boring since it finished.

Hoping it picks up again soon.