Who are some villains that really have no reason to be considered as such?

Who are some villains that really have no reason to be considered as such?

What about heroes that are really villains but somehow are accepted?

I think Superman is a villain

>Griffith as the OP
>"Superman is a villain" without any elaboration as to why

Certainly not a bait thread

Griffith did nothing wrong if you consider the long term picture

He is like dr manhattan

> griffith created a utopia in a world of darkness

> villain

Griffith isn't villain. He's just an absolute asshole

>sacrificed his friends to ake up for his own mistakes
>sacrificed a bunch of people to gain corporeal form
>his actions led to the real world merging with the fantasy in the first place
>implying everyone in Falconia won't die horribly for the Godhand

A utopia ran by monsters who are only kept from eating people by constant battles below the city.

Sounds like Drumpfs America

Ehh Griffith is in a weird place. While the eclipse was 100% out of his feelings of inadequacy and petty jealousy, he had always said that his dream came before everything and made that clear to his men. All of them would have died for him, but doing it in such an awful way was a bit villainous. Raping Casca was awful as well, and done out of spite(though you could argue it was for his eventual resurrection, it's crazy that he was planning so far ahead). He may be playing 4D chess with the other Godhand and the Idea of Evil, we really don't know. He is such a complex character. Definitely a villain for now though.

>sacrificed his friends to ake up for his own mistakes
I say if i am in his place, i will do it too
the other one is in question, too

>there are people who seriously defend Griffith
How deep we have fallen.

Pontiff Sullyvahn did nothing wrong. I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of anything he did without good reason, beyond putting cursed rings on his outrider knights. But then, you'd need to get rid of the old guard entirely, like how a lion trims the pack when he takes over from an old one.

It's a meme, it started with "Hitler did nothing wrong" and went from there.

BUt unlike hitler a strong argument could be made for griffith

He did a terrible thing but for the greater good and selfish reasons alike

she loved it and you know it

>I think Superman is a villain

Aren't you trying to be Superman right now Lex?

You're a bad person, user.

This thread is bait

>for the greater good

He caused the goblins and orcs and other bullshit from the dream world to appear in the real world in the first place.

On the same note though, fairies and elves exist. So rape on human women has gone done significantly.

You do realize people only went to Falconia because the rest of the world was infested with monsters, and it was only like that because Griffith opened the way for them, right?

He is responsible for all the shit, and NOT some sort of salvation.

Didn't he feed a god to whatever it was that Aldrich is?

The Unabomber

"Hey guys, someone set the neighborhood on fire, but my house isn't burning, come be safe with me and my arsonist friends. Ignore the skeletons in the basement. Just because in the past great cities rose just to be sacrificed doesn't mean that's gonna happen again."

No, you're thinking of Obama

Please, elaborate on this

>I think Superman is a villain

Go to bed Lex.

Is not Griffith's fault that villagers are such weaklings. Besides Fantasia is not just monsters, all legends, evil and benevolent, merged with the "real" world.
I want house-cleaning trolls.

Fairies/elves are like the size of your fingers, trolls sure as fuck aren't going to pursue them unless it's to eat them.

>What about heroes that are really villains but somehow are accepted

I like him better when he's in conflict with other heroes. Keep in mind I love a lot of Punisher stories but he's on such little actual moral high ground that often he cab get close to being a villain anyway.

thats not how that works

>a bit villainous

He literally damned their souls. I don't see the ambiguity here.

>What about heroes that are really villains but somehow are accepted
this bitch right here
>inb4 "she's just doing what's good for her kingdom!"

a kingdom she created to literally be dependent on her and only her, and the few times that there were candy guys that weren't absolute idiots or insane, they died or were sent to be killed by PB herself.

You know, despite Sup Forums's love affair with V for Vendetta's imagery (or possibly as a result of it?), I don't see very much discussion or mention of the actual comic on Sup Forums.

At the risk of legitimizing this thread beyond lazy baiting, V is absolutely one of those morally ambiguous heroes who seems in the right or in the wrong depending on the day of the week.

Rorsach did nothing wrong

>uses illegal weapons to prevent huge amounts of bloodshed
>said weapon is aimed at a band of honorless mercenaries who'd likely use it themselves if they had them and a sociopath dictator
>is somehow the bad guy

Plus he loves a good barbecue. How can you hate this man?