JL passes 100m Domestic

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/21/box-office-justice-league-passes-100m-with-7-5m-monday-gross/amp/

Marvel drones on suicide watch!

>$101.3 million domestically
>took them 5 days to accumulate that much domestically
>disregarding the fact taking $7.5 million on Monday makes a 67% drop in its usual box office takes already
>the 2nd weekend hasn't even arrived yet

This is gonna get so much worse

What did BvS make in its first Monday

Per the article like with the HP and HG films they will experience the drop and n Monday but should find legs in the Thanksgiving Weekend.
>And if the film actually gets some post-debut legs along the lines of the Hunger Games sequels, legs fueled by folks actually liking the movie, then I won’t raise that much of a fuss over a $250m domestic/$750m worldwide cume.

I hope every actor in that drawing dies so that WB will stop being kikes.

14-15M

$15,040,496

So JL has made half of BvS' box office Monday

We did it reddit

>Thanksgiving Weekend
>families will go to the cinema
>new Pixar movie is out
>Wonder is getting surprisingly good reviews and box office
>JL has shit reviews and a poorer box office than any other DCEU movie to date
>even WW picked up by the first weekend

It's not got a good chance of success at all

It could be a higher 2nd week drop off than BvS

we fucking did it.
and people say justice league flopped

Yikes.

Cripple is a gender? Also what kind of retard would wear half a skirt and half pants?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

bunch of bored teenagers with nothing to do on thanksgiving. decide to go to the movies and watch JL

Even teenagers don't enjoy this, they'll probably go watch Thor Ragnarok again which is at least advertised to look like a comedy

This movie can't find an audience in anyone except avid DC comic book readers who's best compliment about the film they can give is "It's nice to see all the characters together onscreen, even if they don't act like they do in the comics"

I think it will probably have a healthy earnings for Thanksgiving. If the negative critic backlash is real the JL should see a good holiday.

What did Ragnarok make in its first Monday?

Handicapped is a gender now?

$8,247,661

Still fucking higher than Justice League, jesus christ

>>Yanks can't get their heads around a place only having one bathroom

Idk, if the tracked numbers are anything to go by I predict it'll be a 68% drop off in numbers this weekend

The DCEU had 5 chances and got 1 right with audiences (but even then I know a lot of normies who saw WW based off the reviews and came out saying "It was ok but I don't get why people were saying it was perfect")

Ragnarok got near universal praise leading into its opening weekend and was gushed on by everyone.

user, I don't know why you're deluding yourself, but by every available metric, JL isn't going to have any legs.

Is Justice League the Lieutenant Dan of cinema?

It's also fucking Thor. And it's making more than Justice League.
What an embarrassment

>defeated by a Thor film
rip DCU.

The hype for Thor was way more positive than JL. Plus take into account how many negative stories were made of JL leading up to opening.

We're in the timeline where Donald Trump is president, Hollywood's rape ring is exposed, all the other celebrities are dead, and a third Thor movie has beaten a fucking Justice League movie starring all of DC's A listers

What a weird time to live

No, because at the end of the movie Lieutenant Dan hooks up with an Asian bird. And based on BO returns, not even the Chinese are taking to JL

Look, I don't care about this whole marvel vs dc thing, but if this make less than fucking Thor, or Guardians 2, this is just gonna be pathetic. Sad. DC WILL be done. You cannot recover from this that kinda embarrassment. You just can't.

I mean it started to fall apart once the reshoots were being done by a completely tonally different director

Then the length of time they went on for didn't help

Mustache-gate was a pretty heavy blow

Affleck and Momoa's abuse allegations and rape jokes felt like a killing blow

The reviews were the corpse being pissed on

And now the box office is the body being buried in an unmarked grave

>all those stories coming out before the release telling everyone what a cock up production had been
>all those Snyderfags defending it and saying everything was complete bullshit
>they all turned out to be 100% truth

>implying that this will stop DC WB from making these films
You also have to factor in this brings in merchandise and they found a gem WW that can make money. The future ramifications of this is lesser budget for future films and more safe or marvelization of their franchise

>The last porg in 3 weeks

WW paid off a bunch of debt WB already had

Now Justice League is BRINGIN' IT BACK BAYBEEEE

Haha, no it won't.

>implying there was any issue with Snyder's production
>implying Snyder's vision is the same thing that we saw in the theaters

>DCucks: I-It'll pick up over the next few weeks!

100m is yesteryear's 10m. It's an utter failed in 2017.

Snyder was already working with a rewritten script after BvS released to negative reviews

If you seriously wanted to see Snyder's original Justice League vision you'd have to go back to before BvS even released

Maybe. Maybe not.
You can’t rule out that the negatives JL had against it going in were more than that of the first Thor movies did.

>Guardians 2
It made less than Guardians 1

The original leaks of JL had Superman being controlled by Steppen, more background story of Cyborg and Aquaman and fucking one of that Russian family. The movie felt it was plastered over another and had horrible pacing. I'm a Snyder fan and its sad to see his last film in his trilogy desecrated like this

>Not even double what Blade Runner made on it's first Monday

$100 million sounds impressive until you learn that they blew $300 million not including marketing costs.

Worst bit is anyone calling for an extended edition will be let down

The movie is already haemorrhaging money, there's no way WB will spend more to finish Snyder's unfinished scenes and potentially sell next to no copies

Not to mention when DC fans asked WB for an extended Suicide Squad to answer questions they just released a fucking 10 minute longer one with extensions on the scenes they filmed and not Ayer's work

>Snyderfags are full blown beaten housewife
For the love of god, stop

Worse, not including marketing (which would but costly alone with all the trailers and posters they did, but they used and fucking Beatles and Bowie cover which I can't even imagine how much that'd cost), distribution (which oddly enough this movie has the lowest amount of theatres for a DCEU film)

And once the final gross is tallied up, WB only keep 53%, which so far means Warner Bros. have made $151, 765,685.50 from this movie

> I can't refute his argument so i'll just insult him
Too bad there isn't any downvote here eh?

That doesn't include product placement which they most likely made more money from

They wouldn't have even covered $1 million with product placements (they don't make as much as people would figure)

Plus money from product placement depends on the box office. After all, if people haven't seen the placement what's the point.

Not to mention this movie had way less product placement than previous DCEU films, and when it did it used the weirdest things (i.e. replacing Flash watching Rick & Morty with a K-Pop concert)

BvS was Synders vision and it still underperformed.

let's take into context what Snyder's tasks are, He is given a task to create a film :

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by a human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distinctly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Now try cramming that into 3 hours. Worse, they fucking gutted it in the theatrical release. If WB just didnt play catch up and instead made MoS 2 Batman BvS we wouldn't have this issue.

Now JL, the plot is pretty much straight forward, gather team fight big bad. But due to the negative feedback of BvS they put Whedon in charge and marvelized it. Add to the fact that no one really cared for Cyborg Aquaman and Flash since they're just new characters to us. Fuck just thinking how Snyder got fucked up in this pisses me off

Does Superman in this do anything creepy in an attempt to be Muh Nostalgic Man of Smiles? For context, in Superman: The Movie, Superman grinned and laughed while breaking Zod's hand and murdering him.

He keeps smiling while cracking Steppenwolf in the face

that and his CGI mouth looks like someone wearing Cavill's face

>all these excuses

Pretty much this

At leat refute something in my long reply ffs

He made the initial mistake with following Man of Steel with Batman v Superman

If Marvel did DC's order they would have gone:

>Iron Man
>Captain America Civil War
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Thor
>Avengers

When DC should have gone:

>Man of Steel
>Batman movie
>Wonder Woman
>Batman v Superman (but don't kill Superman at the end, in fact have the final battle be Batman going through the warehouse, make it 10x more brutal but take out the killing, comic fans would go nuts, then have Luthor made Doomsday in JL instead and ending JL on Superman's death)
>Justice League (and take out Cyborg, replace him with Hawkgirl and add Green Lantern)

then carry on as per with solo movies

MoS 2 was planned but DC pushed for BvS

>WB delayed MoS 2 for BvS

In the end it was their fault then I guess

WB wanted to catch up immediately instead of playing the long game

Fucking morons

Mostly execs meddling

>Every character needs a standalone film
Why do marvel drones insist on this?

We learned all we needed about Flash, cyborg, and Aquaman from very short scenes in JL.

Same for Wonderwoman in BvS.

>We learned all we needed about Flash, cyborg, and Aquaman from very short scenes in JL

No we didn't at all, Cyborg and Aquaman could be the same character for all the audience cares with their lack of personalities

>Same for Wonderwoman in BvS

Yet again, no. People didn't even like her character until the standalone film released, she didn't have any backstory in BvS other than "OOOH SHE WAS IN A WAR" which audiences have seen before in Marvel shows and films

>We learned all we needed about Flash, cyborg, and Aquaman from very short scenes in JL.
I dunno, this approach doesn't really seem to be working out for them. See: JL taking five days to reach $100m.

Cyborg probably doesn't need a movie but he severely needed to have his background story expounded. He just looked like some brooding teenager woe is me in JL

The cuts mandated by WB execs hurt a lot of character development, but you do get the gist of their back story.

The Guardians of the Galaxy didn't need stand alone films, not defending JL but its been shown by Marvel too that you don't need origin movies for every character for people to like your team

If I were a complete normie with no knowledge of Flash, Cyborg or Aquaman, I would still be left clueless of their origins by the end of JL

Flash's origin is left to a passing reference only comic fans can properly get

Cyborg's is left to the audience being expected to remember that 20 second scene of his clip from BvS

And Aquaman had most of his origin story stuff deleted from the movie

>I would still be left clueless of their origins by the end of JL
flash nerdy dude who wants his dad out of jail
cyborg had bad accident now ingrained with technology
aquaman rightful king to underwater civilization
so clueless

You must be retarded then if you couldn't work out their backstories by the dialogue in the film.

>Aquaman
>From atlantis
>Is the son of the queen who is dead
>Has been avoiding his responsilities
>Was left with a human family growing up

>Cyborg
>He and his mom were in an accident
>She died, he practically died
>His dad tried to save him using the mother box
>It failed and he ended up the way he is

>Flash
>His dad is in prison for killing his mom
>He knows his dad is innocent and is trying to free him by studying law
>was given his powers via a lightning storm

There. That's all we need to know about them at this point, and it was all conveyed via dialogue in the film.

You don't need to know their entire origin story at this point though.

You get told enough, and you learn what their powers are. That's all you need.

>His dad tried to save him using the mother box
>It failed

Not sure that's right.

Why would critics like this one less than BvS and MoS? I understand why they didn't like the last two, but what didn't they like? I'm confused.

>if

>handicapped guy is escaping from the tranny
toppest of keks

Well, it failed in the sense that it turned him into a walking computer, rather than just fixing him.

>It failed in the sense that it gave him hyper technology that melded with his body and turned him into a super hero that can go out and kick tons of ass and save lives every day and generally just have so much fucking fun

I hope I get the chance to fail that badly one day.

critics like it more than BvS and SS.

top critics:
MoS = 6.1/10
BvS = 4.8/10
SS = 4.8/10
JL = 5.1/10

RT metric skews reviews, critics have spoken out about their positive reviews being turned to negative.

OH NO NO NO NO

So you mean that it's pretty much like the first avengers? Remind me why everyone and their mother loved the movie apart from "seeing them together for the first time"

The people who know about those characters will go see JL regardless. This is about getting normie butts in the seats.
Marvel released Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America before doing Avengers. The result of this is that if anyone liked ANY of those movies, even if they didn't like or even see all of them, will be inclined to go see Avengers. Its as if they made a sequel to four different movies at the same time. You have potentially 4 times the built in audience. Of course there will be a lot of cross over but you get the idea. That's how they got 200m opening weekend and 100m the second.

>Justice League for thanskgiving
KEK
Are you some kind of retard?

I think a lot of people forget the first few MCU movies raked in 400m or so at the box office, then Avengers came in and did 1.5b.

OH NO NO NO
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Because avengers has something for anyone who saw any of those 4 previous movies.

>We learned all we needed about Flash, cyborg, and Aquaman from very short scenes in JL
>all we needed

Sure you learned what you NEEDED to know, but having the bare minimum of information is not what makes you connect with a character.

Separate films also help to establish their history as a super hero - otherwise, it just feels like they really haven't been through anything major or significant before Justice League.

They have foresighted it.

So by your logic we need a Groot, Rocket, and Drax stand-alone movies?

Where is that stand-alone Black Widow movie? The bits of back story in AoU were so sparse...

>So by your logic we need a Groot, Rocket, and Drax stand-alone movies?
I'd rather not, since GotG are shit anyways.

>Where is that stand-alone Black Widow movie?
Are you arguing that she was a fleshed out character in Iron Man?

I hate Man of Steel and BvS, but I kinda hope DCEU gets a post-Snyder chance. I enjoyed some of JL, the goofy ass parts like them fighting Superman and I loved when Superman carried the whole apartment.

Did GOTG make 1.5 billion?

See
Im arguing about whether the movie can work or be good with standalone movies first. I'm just saying that the financial pay off for your team up movie would be much higher if you made solo movies before your team up movie.

Im stating that all but “badass femal spie” and a few flash backs do not equate back story, but enough was there for the general audience to get

>I hated men of steel
>I liked some of JL

You have complete shit taste.

Just "getting" the character was not why they went to see avengers. Audiences didn't go because they wanted to see black widow. They went to see iron man, hulk, thor or captain america.

>enough was there for the general audience to get

Sure, enough was there for people to understand the characters basics in her first appearance in Iron Man. But that's alright because she wasn't a main character, and it wasn't a team up movie. In Justice League, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman are all major characters and a part of the team that the entire fucking film is about. You don't get to skimp on setting up these characters for their first appearance if the want the audience to give a shit about them.