Lucy can't give any more fucks

Last thread
Discuss

>second thread for this page
You've gone too far, user.

Molly is cute.

You know what bothers me about BCB? The characters are not realistic

>but user they're 15 yr old cats
Yes I know but there's a limit to how much melodrama you can put in a series without losing my suspension of disbelief.
Why am I saying that? Well, while I think Mike dun goofed with his tone, his message to Lucy was correct but then the girl tries to kill herself and EVERYONE BLAMES MIKE FOR IT. This is INSANE.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to see what will happen next. I just hope Mike man up and accepts that it's not the time to speak to Lucy.

desu if they both ignored each other for a year without the friends taking sides then realizing they miss each other a lot would be perfect but the chance of that happening is zero, not enough drama.

Fuck off, you fuck. We only make new threads once for each new update. Come back tomorrow.

Yeah, the excuse that "they're Teens" can only be used so many times before it gets old. Like, how many teens in real life fuck up over and over again and never learn a damn thing from it?

>the girl tries to kill herself and EVERYONE BLAMES MIKE FOR IT
Do they even know about that? Mike probably figured it out the morning after but he didn't know for sure. Did he tell them that in his drunken rambling or just that he cussed her out? They might think she just took off because she was angry.

This series is fucking massive but hasn't covered very many events and even fewer important events. Who's fucked up over and over again? Paulo probably has the most numerous fuck-ups but it's all teen-level shit.

It's almost like someone is getting shilled and/or creators of this comic forcing it down Sup Forums's throat.

I believe he did tell during the drunken rambling, yes.

Mike is best /robot/

i think he strictly talked about what happened on the day they were at his house for the history essay. if he did tell them, they would have brought it up on the day she came back, but they didnt

weren't some of them at the hospital?

I wonder if the gay chapters didn't end up doing much for their popularity with tumblrinas.

Or maybe shilling on Sup Forums just doesn't take that much effort.

Why have things started happening again after literally years of filler? Was the comic suffering a decline?

no, only mike went if you reread it. everyone else left to cope in their own ways while mike confronted jordan then visited the hospital

No, only Mike went there. He's the only one who stuck around to waylay Jordan for more info and it was because he was so worried that Mike thought Lucy might have hurt herself and ran to the hospital.

Shit. Mike will be hearing for weeks and will probably get punched when the other assholes realize what happened.

I don't mind as long as he fights back and at least someone stands up for him though

the reason he hasnt told is because he knows theyll overreact and punch him like you said. he's gonna get fucked up whether he told earlier or told now, which sucks because he never seems to have niggas see his side of the story, except daisy i think

Daisy shows him favoritism because she wants to fuck him. She also doesn't really like Lucy that much, probably largely out of jealousy of her sexy cat body and the way Mike was hung up on her.

The strong man is mightiest alone user

Kill them Mike
Kill them all

>Mike has beaten Alejandro (at age 13), Abbey, and Jordan in physical contests
>never been beaten unless he didn't resist
My God, he's unstoppable.

>OP is actually a counter-shill who made a thread on Thursday to fuck with the Friday update thread

im not denying that, but i do think theres more to it. daisy has been friends with mike since forever and she has witnessed firsthand how much of a cunt lucy is to mike over the long time they've known eachother and has always been on good terms with him. she does want to date mike, but shes also a genuine good person and i think when she stood up for mike that one time at rachels party, it was a mix of jelously and actual sympathy toward mikes side of the lucy/mike relationship

>guy berates his closest friend and tells her he hates her, driving her to attempt suicide
>how dare you blame mike for it

hmmmmm

>Mike did something really bad and Lucy would be right to not forgive him

I agree

>Mike is responsible for Lucy's suicide attempt
lol no

He isn't gonna learn if he doesn't admit he caused it.

he's working on it, it's not easy to admit something like this when you know your friends are likely to give you massive shit for it

Mike's gonna feel (is feeling, actually) guilty about it but that's because Mike has a good nature.
He can learn that he should be more polite (his message to Lucy was spot on, he fucked up his tone), more gentle and, most importantly, THAT HE SHOULDN'T BE TOO CLOSE TO DERANGED PERSONS.

And he can learn all of that without thinking he's responsible for someone else's actions. He isn't and Lucy needs help.

"They're just teenagers" is actually a good explanation for all of Mike's errors in 'December', as well as Lucy's. Instead of facing conflict head-on they try to slide around it; Mike by just avoiding Lucy, and Lucy by just trying to act like old times instead of just asking for another chance to be friends.

Yeah, I think it fits for this situation.
But I do think that Mike is right to avoid Lucy for the time being. It's what he wanted and it what she wants.
She just doesn't have to be a bitch about it like she was in OP's page but hey, that's Lucy. She didn't learn anything.

inb4 paulo is gonna give mike enough shit to the point where mike feels forced to talk to her

I want Abbey to suffer.

It pisses me off how much of a pushover Mike is

> EVERYONE BLAMES MIKE FOR IT. This is INSANE.

They blame Mike because they lack (or conveniently forget) context.

Let's go back to the first crucial point where the friend group starts turning on Mike. Lucy finally admits her feeling for Mike. To the friend group, them this is a HUGE fucking deal because she's finally dropping the tsundere act which was getting beyond old to everybody at this point. They wanted Mike & Lucy to finally get along like they should've from the beginning. Instead, Mike rejects her, basically punishing her for putting herself in that vulnerable position and probably regressing to her old behavior because it's "safer" for her that way. If you only work on that information then, yeah, it's understandable that they see him being a dick.

The context they lack is that they didn't know just how worn Mike had been over the last year or so. He was already long past fed up on Lucy's behavior and only hung around her out of out of obligation to "keep her safe". Plus, the obvious point that Mike was already in a long-distance relationship that everyone would keep conveniently dismissing, thinking it wasn't really serious.

Mike appreciated Lucy's gesture, but it would've made things worse to lead Lucy on while being in another serious relationship. He let Lucy down as honestly and politely as he could, considering how he was caught off-guard by it. So he was fucked if he did, fucked if he didn't. So obviously he'd get defensive over getting shit on for it.

Keep in mind, too, that it wasn't until AFTER Lucy disappeared that Mike, in a drunken rant, finally told them why he wanted to avoid Lucy and how fucking alone he felt because nobody would give him the benefit of the doubt. Why would he feel comfortable with confiding with anyone how he felt when he couldn't trust them to just take Lucy's side?

Lesson is: everyone's a piece of shit

You make really good points, specially your lesson, because if my friend said to me he rejected a friend of ours and I knew he was in a relationship already I'd probably say he did right but since the group is made of assholes they give him shit.

Mike needs better friends.

That's a very good comment. Cheers.

>Furshit

Unpopular opinions? I want Daisy to get KNOTTED.com

Its BONED

So what you're saying is, Mike was really mad at the group, and he ended up taking it out on Lucy?

I ship this

>Lesson is: everyone's a piece of shit

Except for Amaya, of course.

Correct

no, are you stupid

Some of the minor characters are really mishandled in this series. Where the hell did Amaya even come from? Why don't we get reminded Sue exists more than once a year?

At least it handled Molly pretty well.

Welcome to several years ago.

It's a combination of time density in-universe compared to publication, poorly realized characterization (personality and actions tend to not quite gel with the narrative and corresponding characters), the writer's preferences, and the natural strain to acceptance and immersion when a comic runs too long without proper climaxes and resolutions.

>multiple threads per update
>links to previous threads
Seems suspiciously general to me.

>the natural strain to acceptance and immersion when a comic runs too long without proper climaxes and resolutions.
Insert Namek joke here.

Op's a retard that couldn't wait for another page

I'd like to give Molly a good handling.

I'd like you to fuck off

Rude.

faggot

NO U

Not mollyfag but is Molly the only character in bcb that has done nothing wrong?

Amaya
David
Paulo's dad

But some people unjustly hate her anyway. So sad.

>Amaya
Tattled on Paulo's movie date.

>Paulo's dad
Drove his wife away by being a shit.

>David
GARBAGE DAY

>Tattled on Paulo's movie date.
She was probably asked were they were, and told them without thinking nothing of it

>Drove his wife away by being a shit.
And he got better

>GARBAGE DAY
not canon

>She was probably asked were they were, and told them without thinking nothing of it
She scurried away to make a phone call after seeing them.

>And he got better
But he has done something wrong. That was the question.

>not canon
David is beyond canon.

is obvious Amaya was jealous she wasnt getting that sweet Paulo loving and wanted to put an end to it

she's still mad that paulo called her a boy...

she looked pretty pissed when he said that

> how fucking alone he felt because nobody would give him the benefit of the doubt

Adding to this, it also makes the "leaving the table" comment during December a lot more scathing in context. Mike already felt abandoned. That his friends will always see Lucy as a victim and him as "the bad guy". He knew fucking well that if he left the table, no one would abandon their precious Lucy (besides maybe Daisy but even she would probably be conflicted). But he wanted to make Lucy feel as alone and abandoned as he did. It didn't matter if it was true or not.

Of course, he didn't know or care that Lucy already felt alone. It didn't matter. He was already at a boiling point and needed to fucking vent (considering he couldn't talk to anybody about it) and Lucy just happened to flip the wrong switch at the wrong time. He didn't realize the lasting effects of the parasite comment, or the fact that Lucy would actually believe that everybody hated her since there was overwhelming evidence to the contrary. How could she believe it? She had the support of all her friends, right? She knew Mike was just being overly emotional and took it out in the wrong way, right? Mike took her abuse for years, why couldn't she take a dose of it back for once?

By the time Mike apologized it was both too soon and too late at the same time.
- Too soon in the fact that Mike still hadn't had enough time to process things. He still hated and resented Lucy but apologized before really knowing what he was sorry about. It was just to make things less tense and to appease Sandy who he was really doing it for.
- Too late in that Lucy was in such a fucked up state that she already fully internalized what Mike said to her before. Plus her parents were already shipping her off to another school and they wouldn't have the opportunity to patch things up anyway.

It's been long enough now that both of them should be able to finally talk things out. But I guess we'll see.

The look of a killer.

Christ, what a manipulative bitch.

mike really needs to leave the table

>look up this literally who donut steel comic
>first hit after the site it's on is the bad webcomics wiki
explain yourselves

I can't believe his words were that calculated.

>bad webcomics
What next? Are we supposed to take TVTropes seriously, too?

When you're that pissed with someone for that long, you can spend night and after laying awake in bed rehearsing shit you've always wanted to say but never had to backbone to finally up and say it. I know I've done it.

Not saying it's the case for Mike but I think it's believable.

And this is why Mike needs to feel the abandonment himself.

So he can actually reflect on the impact and actually understand the damage he has done.

the whole "lol Lucy is now going to another school" part is still forced and horribly executed.

i don't actually think this is far off, but taeshi needs to work on making the chars express this kind of shit better

Well, it does still have a chance to explain that...although anything will feel very, very late.

Has anyone ever said there's too much filler in this comic?

About as many times as we've complained about proportions.

they should fffffuck

She's responding to Augustus' snarky suggestion that she go flirt with Mike. Of course she'd rather kill herself than put herself through that pain again.

Whether she knows Mike can hear her or not doesn't matter. She's making it bitterly clear that she's not seeking anything romantically with him anymore.

You joke, but Dragon Ball progressed at a much faster clip, even ignoring timeskips.

It's true, they were on Namek for a long time but not three fucking years!

If you really have to have more than three threads in a week go to /trash/

I'd make a low effort "zing" reply, if it wasn't for the crippling truth of it.

Thanks for the....... advice? I don't know....

I'm noticing a strange lack of best girl.

I wasn't going to post but now its back to the top might as well

Was it rape?

Did you know it's possible to post without bumping the thread? It's a basic feature of the imageboard software that Sup Forums run but we're not allowed to talk about it due to the wisdom of management.

My error was two fold

>assuming mollyposters are thread bumping shills and posting without checking it was actually bumped
>being too vain to you know what my own shitty oc.

If anything it's the shills who seem to hate Molly the most.

>*DON DON*