Why was everyone in the Ultimate Universe such an asshole?

Why was everyone in the Ultimate Universe such an asshole?

Mark Millar

Who's the artist? I'm a fan.

Seriously?

>muh realism

Benis sucks.

I have shit tastes and appreciate clearly drawn lines with cartoonish proportions, so yeah, really.

Why was Frank trying to Frank Spidey and Daredevil? Doesn't he have a code against that or something?

Ultimate Punisher enjoyed his work a little too much, and him needlessly torturing Prisoners as a reward was a little too much. I didn't think it was possible to make him even more extreme, but Millar proved me wrong. It was however a change if pace from the Frank that never makes mistakes when shooting people, and he's outright in different to the killing of minors.

I think he was just on a Vendetta against Kingpin and they got caught in the crossfire.

Bendis wrote the only remotely nice characters in the UU. The world of edgy sociopaths was Loeb and Millar's doing.

Ultimate Tony Stark was nicer than 616 Tony

>inb4 b-b-but he killed British police officers

Fuck em, they were violating copyright law.

Because it was written by assholes.

Very true, pre movie

Ultimate Thor was a bro.

I'm gonna guess Mark Brooks

Ult Spidey and his supporting casts were far from assholes, even JJJ in the end was a real bro.
Ult Thor and Tony weren't that much of assholes either.
Everyone else? Fair game

Ultimate Punisher isn't 616 Punisher. He's a genuine psychopath that saw himself as a messenger of gods wrath tasked with killing sinners and got genuine enjoyment out of torturing them. Water-boarding was one of his favorite passtimes.

He was ok then, he is fucking fantastic now.

>>inb4 b-b-but he killed British police officers
What are you talking about?

He also only does covers now which is a factor. It's easier to make one single page spread look good compared to 23 pages with multiple panels per page since you can focus on making the one image look good instead of having to try and rush through a bunch of images to meet a deadline.

His interiors on Uncanny X-Force was great.
Dean White's coloring certainly helped but nothing was incompetent about his line work or story flow at all.

Mark Brooks is extremely cool at cons. Very thick southern accent

because it tried to be more realistic, and real life people are assholes.

It was the 00s. Era of the asshole era

in ultimate armor wars, tony wasted a bunch of british cops wearing bootleg iron man armor that looked like master chief

Ult JJJ was my favorite depiction of him