Why does Sup Forums defend the prequels?

why does Sup Forums defend the prequels?

Because the prequels honestly aren't that bad.

They really are. Only reason why you like them is because you were 7 when the first one came out.

>Prequels were missing wisecracks
>Who is Obi-Wan Kenobi

nostalgia goggles and memery that the prequels were shit really cloud people's memories

>Hello there!
>So uncivilised
>Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality

Mostly children here, so they saw it when young, liked it, and continue to defend it based on nostalgia.

Autistic people can't into characterization. That's why they like BvS and Rogue One.

They really aren't and I was 16 when the first one came out. I didn't like them at the time but now I do.

>quips are gooood
fucking go back to lereddit

george thread

>$0.02 have been deposited in your account

Some more Obi Wan quips
>you were right about one thing, master. the negotiations were short
>always on the move

I would honestly love to watch another Star Wars film by George

Half of tv hates rlm, so they have to defend the prequels.

I wasn't born yet.

>So do you talk first? Or me?

Also:
>Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform

And when Anakinin the Geonosis Arena says "Master, we came to rescue you."

Obi Wan:
>*looks at Anakin's chains*
>"Good job."

Even Qui Gon gets in on the action with
>The ability to speak does not make you intelligent

And Obi's most famous quip:
>You were right about one thing, Master, the negotiations were short.

That's just a couple of the top of my head. Prequel detractors are just cucks, that's the real issue.

attack of the clones is painful to watch but there is nothing wrong with the phantom menace or revenge of the sith

>the prequels were bad because they didn't have enough quips
So... this is the power... of reddit...

WANT

The Force Awakens was the shittiest movie I have ever seen. Just a bunch of anti white jew propaganda.

I dont think im a starwars fan. I thought i would enjoy the new movies because i played a lot of star wars videos games and im familiar with the universe, but they are just so bland. i think i would have gotten the same satisfaction just reading a wiki of the plot.
saw episode seven in theators, but i didnt bother going for the rabbit girl one.

I didn't like the movies, but the world they built is way more interesting than rebels and empire

The Prequels are utter shit and Lucas is a hack but that moment right there in the OP is when I knew Star Wars was finally dead.

Part of me knew the Sequels would be awful but I still hoped, like I hoped every time I went to see the Prequels, but that was when I finally accepted there would never be anything worthwhile attached to the Star Wars brand again.

Aside from the Sup Forums contrarianism thing? Because as bad as they were, they were different. They were an honest to God artistic statement, albeit a bad one. It's always better to try and fail than to not try at all, and the sequel trilogy doesn't try at all. It plays it completely safe.

Did he actually say this? What irony if he did.

DUDE QUIPS LMAO

The prequels were a tragedy not a comedy, only those well versed in classic works can understand George's tact.

I hate the prequels but I wouldn't call
>meesa step in bantha poodoo
Self serious

Ah yes. I relate to people who make jokes when threatened with immediate death. Much like Poe, I'm nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.

Because Sup Forums is full of soyboys.

>marvel quips are what Star Wars needed
Daily reminder that is Disney’s target audience and Star Wars is dead

>wisecracking quips and one-liners are what humans do

Because the original creator still had full and unequivocal direction over the series? He had nothing to lose with telling his original story.

Now Disney just sees Star Wars as a cash cow. Nothing more. They don't care about the fans at all.

>THAT'S what was missing from the prequels. A Joss whedon type who quips. A Spider-Man type. Someone we can laugh at because he's there to make us laugh and forget we're stupid.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

LOTR >>>>>> SOYWARS

kek those are fucking terrible one liners

are you a Snyder fag too?

yeah

I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

is The Phantom Menace one of the most underrated movies of all time?

Yet "WHO TALKS FIRST JAJAJA" is?

yeah that sucked too you fucking nigger, its not a one or the other thing

No. At best it's a crappy action adventure movie aimed at children and preteens.

Both are shitty writers, JJ is at least a competent director.

Actually they're pretty great.

but I'm a grown man and I like it

>taking reddit responses seriously.

They are both bad. But at least NuStarwars has decent cinematography and a proper narrative focus and development.

>in my opinion killing children is good!
What did Shakespeare mean by this?

Objectively wrong to the extent its a waste of time to explain why. Anyone with taste as shit and ignorant as yours is unable to see the truth.

Its great to associate things that were created AFTER the OT with it. Solid meme. Excellent bait potential.

that's the thing. star wars was never high art at all. it's funny that even if you look at the prequels under the lens of "it's trying to be more Shakespearean and cultured" or whatever and it still fails at even doing that right.

because memers, children, and unironic retards come to this board too.

why are you responding to bait?

same here. 19 master race

You basically proved how terrible the prequels we're.

Only a small amount of vocal 18 years defend the shitquels, most of us hate them for the garbage that they are.

>shitquels
Jesus christ George Lucas could write something wittier.

Has there ever been a more wrong post on Sup Forums?

if you are 19 you were alive when it came out

>a character who wisecracks
>a character who says human things
so that's who redditors identify themselves as? wisecrackers who have a quip for every situation?
they're fucking pathetic. have you ever seen a topmost comment in a reddit thread and the replies to it?

So all along the lack of quips were why the prequels failed critically?

But really, cheap artificially-manufactured witticisms are what makes a movie "human"? That's so assbackwards I don't even

I guess they forgot about Jar jarr

I met a redditor once. He kept "that's what she said XXD" after every sentence.
Needless to say, we beat the shit out of him,

>quips are the only things missing from the prequels

they don't call it plebbit for nothing, christ.

Anyone who honestly thinks Nustarwars is better than either the originals or the prequels are beyond saving

TFA was garbage to the point of absurdity

This is the true ranking if you disagree you're a fag:

V > III > IV > VI > VII > I > II

The script is absolute shit but I admire George for actually using creativity with them, giving us interesting and amazing looking worlds that we haven't seen before. George does deserve knowledge for his creativity.

A lot of that credit belongs to the concept artists, model makers, painters etc. who actually made those worlds come to life. It's not like Lucas designed Naboo beyond saying "it's a really beautiful planet" and then saying "yes" to whichever concept drawing he liked the most.

Yes he was willing to take chances but don't give him all the credit for the prequels aesthetic.

Well then why are Disney's SW worlds so shit and forgettable in comparison?

Beats me, JJ had some amazing concept stuff to work with too but apparently just didn't.

Jakku was supposed to be a huge junkyard world with rivers and shit flowing between imperial wreckage. Instead it just became a desert. Basically JJ didn't want to take risks. You can see it in the alien design too, all of the TFA aliens just look like "generic evil monster man" because remember the Cantina scene?

>George does deserve knowledge for his creativity.
this is your brain on the prequels

its perfect

george
>pioneer
>does whatever the fuck he wants

JJ
>company man
>plays it safe
>doesnt do anything spectacular

Here's that Jakku art. Notice how on the left it looks like the inhabitants have turned TIE fighter pods into makeshift homes. Down in front we have a guy on a cool watercraft who has apparently adorned it with storm trooper helmets. Pretty cool right? Well fuck that, Tatooine 2.0 should be fine instead.

>"No!"

I remember watching that scene with Poe on opening night and realizing right then and there that this was not star wars and the old star wars is never coming back

Holy shit

This makes me sad about what could have been

Fuck you Disney and fuck you JJ for making an utter trashpile

>Putting those fuckin long neck grays in with the original shit
Fuck off they looked awful.

I just don't understand why they didn't go with it. Why make Jakku a boring desert instead when you've already got an interesting and serviceable new junkyard planet?

Narratively nothing would have changed. Rey would still be a scavenger, and could take the Falcon. There was no reason for it to be a desert except for them intentionally wanting to parallel Tatooine which is dumb.

I stopped at "The prequels were much better written"
Closed my browser and uninstalled windows.

Not because TFW was bad mean the prequels were good.

They all sucked

>implying the prequels didn't have laugh out loud moments

>18 years later some autistic redditor is STILL bashing the prequels

The designs are different, sure, but they're also really dumb looking and don't fit into the look of the OT. The technology in the Prequel trilogy looks like it takes place 80 years after the OT, not 20 years before.

I'm also not defending the ST at all, since the complaint against them is really on point, and I'm not a big SW fan at all.

I meant Disney's© Star Wars™ Episode VII The Force Awaken™*

prequels are shit but so are disneys movies who in context had all the money and creative freedom to create something good

all this tells me that SW is really not that good in general

Oh that's bullshit. The PT was in no way limited by budget

>first section is 6 movies
>second is 1 movie
>third is 1 movie

The prequels were shitty movies, but at least they were creative in some aspects.
The new trilogy is definitely not shitty but it's sure as fuck lacking in creativity and soul.