How is this going to avoid being a total clusterfuck? The number of characters appearing is just ridiculous

How is this going to avoid being a total clusterfuck? The number of characters appearing is just ridiculous.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Cull_Obsidian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its a 2 movie story. so it should be fine.

Can someone make/post a collage of all the mcu characters who will be in the movies?

YONDUUU

Not anymore

Might be ok because it'll be structured with Thanos being the main character and getting the most screen time, many other characters' roles will be fairly minor

Also consider that Civil War, for all its flaws, did a decent job of balancing its 12 major characters and making them all feel significant

???

because Marvel knows how to make movies.

Avengers 4 isn't a continuation of infinity war anymore

98% RT
Minimum 1.5 billion BO

Yes it is retard. They just dropped the 'part 1 and 2' names.

But it is lol.

I know its not part 1 and part 2 anymore but it still the same story. Thanos is in Avengers 4.

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Daredevil in it somehow.

simple, they do the opposite of DC

They dont have to spend time shoehorning new heroes and backstories in because theyve been doing that for 10 years.

>How is this going to avoid being a total clusterfuck?
Because they know what they're doing by now.

>Not anymore
All they've changed is not naming Avengers 5 "infinity war part 2"

Probably because Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 is too long of a title.

By not being made by WB.

Captain America.
Iron Man.
Thor.
Hulk.
Black Widow.
Hawkeye.
Scarlet Witch.
Vision.
Falcon.
Winter Soldier.
War Machine.
Spider-Man.
Black Panther.
Doctor Strange.
Star-Lord.
Gamora.
Drax.
Rocket.
Groot.
Mantis.
Nebula.
The Collector.
Cull Obsidian.
Ebony Maw.
Proxima Midnight.
Corvus Glaive.
Thanos.
Pepper Potts.
Ned Leeds.
Wong.
Shuri.
Okoye.
M'Baku.

>War Machine
didnt he die?

No, he broke his back.

By not hiring hack Snyder.

Captain America -yes
Iron Man - yes
Thor - yes
Hulk - yes
Black Widow - yes
Hawkeye - yes
Scarlet Witch - yes
Vision - yes
Falcon - yes
Winter Soldier - could be kept on ice
War Machine - crippled
Spider-Man - maybe. Could be attending school
Black Panther - yes
Doctor Strange - yes
Star-Lord - yes
Gamora - yes
Drax - yes
Rocket - yes
Groot - could be masturbating
Mantis - yes
Nebula - yes
The Collector - maybe
Cull Obsidian - literally who
Ebony Maw - literally who
Proxima Midnight - literally who
Corvus Glaive - literally who
Thanos - duh
Pepper Potts - Relationship breakup #5467. Same as Jane Foster
Ned Leed - - literally who
Wong listening to Beyonce
Shuri - literally who
Okoye - literally who
M'Baku - literally who

Thats 18 major characters. Not too bad, but yeah - would be difficult.

Screened footage and official concept art/poster confirms Bucky and War Machine, and Spider-Man, wearing the Iron Spider armor from the end of Homecoming.

Well damn, thats 21 characters then.

Cull Obsidian - eldest child of thanos, member of the black order, in infinity war
Ebony Maw - child of thanos, member of black order, in IW
Proxima Midnight - child of thanos, member of black order, in IW
Corvus Glaive - child of thanos, member of black order, in IW

Ned Leed - fat brown friend of peter parker, who cares

Shuri - sister of black panther, in IW and A4
Okoye - wakandan, leader of dora milaje, in IW
M'Baku - wakandan, leader of jabari tribe, opponent of black panther, in IW

It's Marvel, they always make good movies I don't see how this would be different.

>they always make good movies

Ah thanks

Cull Obsidian - do they have a prominent actor/actress attached?
Ebony Maw - do they have a prominent actor/actress attached?
Proxima Midnight - do they have a prominent actor/actress attached?
Corvus Glaive - do they have a prominent actor/actress attached?

>Shuri - sister of black panther, in IW and A4
>Okoye - wakandan, leader of dora milaje, in IW
>M'Baku - wakandan, leader of jabari tribe, opponent of black panther, in IW

Fair enough

Still better than anything DC ever shat out, ps by comic book movie standards it's good.

>prominent
uh, not really, but yes they have actors attached
they're all listed in the mcu wiki eg:
marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Cull_Obsidian

It literally is

It's worse and far less watchable than Wonder Woman and Man of Steel.

I think the quasi-official stance of Marvel, at least now, is that the MCU and TV shows are pretty much entirely unconnected. For all practical intents and purposes, people like Daredevil, Punisher, JJ, Luke Cage, etc. don't exist in the MCU. They'll probably never even be mentioned.

IIRC the last time they mentioned anything from the MCU in the Netflix series was in Daredevil season 1 where they barely mentioned the Battle of New York.

>CG character portrayed by a literal who

Won't be a problem. Thats what I'm trying to say: people usually tend to pay attention two who the characters are by who plays them. Keeping that in mind, we only got 20 characters to worry about.

There is one instance of the movies referencing the shows, Civil War makes a vague reference to Agent Carter, talking about how Howard Stark's fandom toward Captain America led to Tony resenting him.

Also, the shows have referenced the movies more than that, for instance Luke Cage references Justin Hammer weaponry, and recovered alien metal from The Incident being used to make the Cage-skin-piercing bullets

Days of Future past had like 25-30 characters and didn't felt cramped or forced.
-Wolverine
-Old Prof X
-Old Magneto
-Shadowcat
-Ice Man
-Blink
-Storm
-Bishop
-Warpath
-Sunspot
-Colossus
-Jean Grey (Cameo)
-Cyclops (Cameo)
-Young Prof X
-Young Magneto
-Beast
-Mystique
-Quicksilver
-Havok
-Ink
-Toad
-Spyke
-Stryker
-Trask
-Apocalypse (Cameo)

I'm a big Marvel fan and know it's not true, thor 2 is worse than any DC except SS.

>Ink
>Toad
>Spyke

Those were extremely minor cameos, they were barely in the movie.

I just don't know if we're going to get to see Thanos as a legitimate villain. The main criticism I hear from most people that are getting tired of capeshit is either that villains are forgettable and too many origin stories. I can see this with being a problem in Black Panther and Captain Marvel .

How are they rally going to build up Thanos into being this threat, even over two movies it's a lot of work. They could at least have shown him in more than what we saw in 2 scenes in Guardians. We saw nothing of him in Guardians 2, Thor, Strange, all franchises that focus on the big end of the cosmic scale. There have been many movies they could have had him play a bit of a role into building him up to being this big threat. But we haven't even heard of the guy really.

I feel like they're going to drop the ball on having Thanos be a substantial bad guy.

Isnt thanos in part 1 dindu nuffin?

Though Thanos isn't seen in Guardians 2, we do get the description of him torturing Nebula, a decent hint at his villainy.

Thanos looks so stupid without his helmet

Cuckflix shows belong in the blacked platform, not the MCU.

>nebula
>corvus
>mbaku
>okoye
>shuri
>need leeds
who?

they were my favorites so fuck off with that shit

I feel like you don't understand Chris Evans and RDJ's contract end with Thanos. Thanos is going to kill main characters, so you people are gonna take him seriously whether Marvel tries to give him a proper characterization or not.

>MCU
>characters dying
>ever

Thats the point. Some characters will get minor cameos, so they'll be able to focus on the characters who matter

where is red skull, ultron, malekith, the dance off bro, ego, that one terrorist from iron man 2, and Quicksilver then?

>How is this going to avoid being a total clusterfuck? The number of characters appearing is just ridiculous
They already solved it.
>each major character gets an intro movie (usually solo)
>big money makers get sequels for character development
>minor characters introduced during solo films
>occasional team-up spectacle
>by the time you get to your massive showstopper with two dozen characters everyone has already seen all the other movies OR are just buying a ticket so they won't miss out on a "cultural event"

Because the Avengers and GOTG will team up and split up into multiple teams. This is what people are gonna pay for. In terms of development, it's Thanos, Cap, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and Nebula. Everyone else will be attached to one of those characters for the 2 movies.

>where is red skull, ultron, malekith, the dance off bro, ego, that one terrorist from iron man 2, and Quicksilver then?
Generic disposable villains from every capeshit ever?
I was talking about the heroes

>he likes toad

Are you the guy who always post this misinformation on these threads?. There is MCU refrences in atleast Jessica Jones and Luke cage. Although as far as i know the shows aren't refrenced in the movies

He should've died. But they are too pussy to actually kill anyone off. Basically the entire conflict in CW amounted to nothing

>have this "I'm too young for the avengers, I'll enjoy being small time" lesson in homecoming
>lol jk have the suit and save everything next movie

The russos want the movies to be complete and tonally different, but its certainly the conclusion of the story.

>nebula
>who?
Best girl of GotG1

There's also a vague reference to AoS in Ultron when Fury shows up with his helicarrier

Because is marvel