The Wire

I've never seen The Wire.

Is it still worth watching in 2017?

no, it's too old

lock that door

I watched in like 5 years ago and it was still really good even though things were hilariously dated.

Yeah

Just watch Breaking Bad.

It's actually very boring and there are too many black people

Nigga with a library card

Disappointing ending, gets very good in season 3 and stays that way. I would say watch it.

When you walk through the garden

you gotta watch your back

Your (You), samefag.

this is a (You), dumbo

Watched it some months ago. The comfiest and most entertaining show I've seen, and doesn't rely on shitty cliffhangers like most others.

>hilariously dated
Imagine being this young and a tripfag.

Absolutely

For its themes, characters, and storylines yes.

Re-watched it recently. Considering the subject material is depressing af, it's actually much funnier than I remember it being.

Yeah definitely watch it

YES

the sopranos is better, but this is the best Post Modern show

yes watch it

It's a fine show (the last season sucked). Many people will tell you it's the greatest show that has ever been made. It's not. It's just fine

Yes, of course.
Except the season about CIA, that's easily the worst one, even though the best charater's arc is in that very season (Cutty).

I kinda like the last season, but it's not a the wire season

CIA's story is spread across multiple seasons including the best fourth season

If you mean season 3, I thought it was a good season. Thought it had good build up to certain characters and factions, showed the drug war in its ugliness, and had strong moments like a certain drug player's end. Season 5 is the one people tend to see as the black sheep, and for good reason.

also season 3s the best thanks to the title song alone

I mean the one where he runs for mayor.
The whole spending-70%-of-season-runtime-on-a-political-fundraise is pure shit, should've focused on the kids more.
Even S5's education stint was better.

S4 was all about the kids though and I know you're talking about that one now because that's when they're introduced

Also, Tom Waits is the shit. Can't wait to see the fallout from his sexual misconduct allegation

A good show will never be not worth watching. The Wire isn't good for its political insights or social commentary, it's good because of its interesting characters and plots.

lol. You got it backwards kid.

ignore this OP. don't watch, leave it for us. get back to posting cunyy threads.

Ebin

Its like the Sopranos with less non-whites.

Season 5 felt like the season where Simon had an axe to grind over his past in the Baltimore Sun, and didn't care so much about a good plot.

ya this

but, holy shit, Dave Simon's Twitter sounds like it was written by a high schooler

frankly, Breaking Bad missed an opportunity not trying to get an episode with Brother Mouzone in it. They could of gotten Beltzer to guest in it too to reach maximum fanboi splooge

YA THE NEWSPAPER ARC WAS A TOTAL MISSED OPPORTUNITY WHAT THE FUCK

I can excuse it by placing it under a sort of modernist lens where you need to take the structure of the entire thing into consideration, but even then that does not excuse the incredible missed opportunity that was that arc that was obviously cut short due to his own narcissim

we REALLY didn't need to see what became of Omar, thanks

Omar's death was so fitting. Marlo's ending was too. Fuck you mean?

Omar didn't need a death.

Marlo had a good ending too, I don't disagree with that, I just hate the newspaper storyline not to mention the network already cut their season 2 episodes short.

Omar and Mouzone were apparently supposed to be these inscrutable agents of chaos, just leave it at that

One thing I never see brought up in these threads are the continuity and literary symbolism that make The Wire great. There's a lot of visual irony and symbolism in scenes and you can distinctly follow a character's arc across seasons and see how they develop. I feel like every character is granted a level of depth that defies the "good/bad" stereotype saving a few. I have yet to find another show that provided that level of satisfaction beyond the Wire and the Sopranos.

Breaking Bad honestly became Reddit the show in it's latter seasons. "I am the one who knocks" lololololololo

yes the wire is great

Did you not buy into the whole thing with Kenard having been the one who Bunk mentioned in that tense convo with Omar in S3? Imitating him and viewing him as a hero? Also Omar eliciting fear with his rep on the streets but ultimately being brought down by a threat he couldn't scout out ahead of time (A stupid kid).

I hated the newspaper storyline as well but that was a moment I thought it factored in nicely. Iirc the newspaper refuses to print a story about "Some gangster shot in the convenience store in the projects" in favor of one of the fake stories the Scott guy is pushing.

Also Omar's toe tag at the end of the episode was misplaced. There was a lot in there about how his reputation ultimately meant nothing beyond the streets. I admired the nihilism there.

S1 Omar where he was an unstoppable superhero was the ridiculous point to me.

>Did you not buy into the whole thing with Kenard having been the one who Bunk mentioned in that tense convo with Omar in S3?

uh yeah but that was in S3

Genius foreshadowing

It starts out very slow and the pilot is probably the worst episode. You have to treat it like a book.
That being said Season 5 is a letdown except for some of the storylines.

This show is legitimately worth watching 2+ times since you'll pick up new stuff.

Not really, more just referencing something you mentioned in S3

It's like you've never even seen the chess pasta

>that boy was beautiful, you didnt need to do him like that
Just cause he killed a few people doesnt make him any less of a faggot.

I really liked omar tho

what are you talking about

Shots of visual irony in each season
S1 - Wallace begging for his life and pissing himself in front of the Tupac poster
S2 - Frank Sobotka's grim union reelection poster staring out at everybody in scenes after his death.
S3 - Opening scene, the Fremont tower is demolished and amidst the rubble and smoke a streetlight goes from red-green, symbolizing the oncoming turf war
S4 - Prez not being able to get into the school door because "Not a damn thing works here like it should"
S5 - Marlo left alone and dominant on the corner

Just watch The Shield

None of this beats Mary in The Bing

He was butthurt that his lightskin boyfriend got tortured.

>dude season 5 was wack lmao

Reminder season 5 was simon telling the true story of the zodiac killer.

>gooooooooooooood byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*click*

I don't don't care enough about that guy to warrant a google search

Your loss I guess

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YESSSSSS

Silly faggot, everyone knows season 4 has the best version of the theme song

sure

I don't watch Marlel capeshit, cuck.

Excellent bait

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE GARDEN

its not really bait, the shield is to crime procedurals as marvel is to comic book movies.

all HBO series turn to shit by season 5

The clothes are pretty dated in the early seasons. Those giant jeans. The long white t-shirts that looked like dresses.

>he think s5 > s4