Time to admit, here, that you've watched a film alone in a theater

Time to admit, here, that you've watched a film alone in a theater.

I’m alone in one right now to watch Coco, surrounded by children like a creep

Wut now fag

Yes, quite a few times. Went to watch Hero with Jet Li alone as none of my friends really knew/cared about it

Say hi to one of them for me.

I never went to a movie theater

I'm married and have friends.

I still opt to watch movies alone, and on weekend mornings.

I went to watch the wolf of wall street by myself, didn't know it was a big deal until I you guys started mention it

I saw Final Destination 4 alone in a theater. Shit was fucking awesome.

Yes I have, and it's great. You get the great picture and sound and none of the nuisance.

take a picture

yeah it's great

It was a while ago.

can't remember the last time that I didn't go to a movie alone
;_;

I've never been to a theatre with another person

Mustang
IT
The Baby Driver
Alien Covenant
are ones I've seen alone. Had a good time at all of them.

Yeah. Piranha 3D, Drive and Wanderlust.

i did, i saw pokemon jirachi alone
not only alone but in an 100 percent empty screening
it was halloween and i was prob 11
they kept checking up on me if the screen curtains were good and stuff
got free popcorn cuz they felt sorry for me i think lmao
kinda kino way to see a flick desu

I watched "Moon" alone in a theater.
I fell asleep for about the middle 45 minutes.

Who cares? You don't talk during the movie anyways.

never and i never will

i almost exclusively see movies alone. idk movies aren't a social experience for me.

had a good time in IT,i bet

Many times. Watched Thor on Saturday by myself.

I literally go to the movies every week cause my parents buy me a year sub to moviepass (even when it was like $40/m) every year. I'd say I've seen almost all these alone.
Star Ratings are because I keep them all in a notepad sorry
-----JAN-----
Bye Bye Man 1/4
Split ***1/2
RE: The Final Chapter **
-----FEB-----
Rings 1/4
John Wick 2 ***3/4
A Cure for Wellness ****1/4
Fist Fight ***
Get Out ****1/2
-----MAR-----
Logan ****
Kong: Skull Island ***3/4
The Belko Experiment **3/4
Life **1/2
Power Rangers *1/2
Ghost in the Shell **1/4
-----APR-----
Unforgettable *
The Circle **1/2
-----MAY-----
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ***1/2
Alien: Covenant *1/4
Baywatch 0
-----JUN-----
Wonder Woman ***
It Comes at Night ****3/4
The Mummy **
Transformers: The Last Knight 2/4
Baby Driver ****1/4
-----JUL-----
War for the Planet of the Apes ***1/2
Dunkirk ****1/2
Detroit ****1/2
-----AUG-----
Annabelle: Creation **3/4
Logan Lucky ****1/2
-----SEP-----
IT ***3/4
mother! ****
Wind River ****3/4
Kingsman: The Golden Circle ***3/4
American Made ****1/4
---OCT---
Blade Runner 2049 ****3/4
The Foreigner ***1/2
Only the Brave ****
Jigsaw **3/4
---NOV---
Killing of a Sacred Deer ****1/4
Thor: Ragnarok ***3/4
Roman J. Israel Esq. ****
Murder on the Orient Express ***1/2
Justice League ***

Jurassic Park 3. To witness abominations is one thing, but to do it alone is a horrible event.

This. Some folks aren't enjoyable to watch movies with and some movies aren't enjoyable to watch with folks.

Break down your rating system, senpai

>Sub 1 Star:
Nearly nothing redeeming. Fucking miserable
>1-2 Star:
Almost nothing good/interesting to grasp onto, found myself wondering about how long was left/checking my phone (if no one else was around to be bothered)
>2-3 Stars
Had at least something interesting about it (Good setpiece, interesting plot points/characters) but mostly fumbled them in some aspect
>3-4 Stars
Movie was flawed but enjoyable. Shouldn't be held in high regard, even in their genre, but I actively enjoyed them
>4-4.5 Stars
Great movies with very few problems
>4.75-5
One of the best movies I have seen that year

As always taste is subjective, and I am partically easy to please (As in even a mad action flick is alright enough in my book if it finds a way to entertain me)

Bill Shatman here. I go to the movies alone all the time. It's better that way. No one talks to you during the quiet parts or nudges your elbow when Takei shows up or tricks you into searching at the bottom of a bucket of popcorn only to find a buttery boner. It's relaxing to be alone. Best, Billy.

I always watch alone

Are you giving star ratings down.to the quarter star? Like (***) + (1/2*)?
So five stars is 20 quarter stars? Do you have a 20 point criteria for judgement or is it just seat of the pants?
That's autistic, but cool by me. Just wondering.

>using quarter scoring
are you a fucking idio-
>Babydriver >4.25
>thor >3/75

YEah you're a fucking moron, even if you enjoyed kOAS

2049, twice alone, once with my brother

Baby Driver had a lot of issues, and Thor probably has some recency bias as I saw it this weekend

>watching a movie about a bunch of shit colored people

it's the only way to watch movies. nothing better than going to a tuesday matinee by yourself.

I've watched plenty of movies in empty theaters in the past year alone. With the possible exception of comedies, it is always better to watch kino alone.

>Amazing Spider-Man 2
>RIPD
>Kick-Ass 2
Every time there was no one in the theater because first showing of the day midweek.

yep, too many to count

I feel the same way Bill.

yep

at least 10 times, first time felt awkward, after the 5/6th time some of the staff started to remember me, I honestly don't se a problem with it

Tfw the entire staff knows me.

Feels ok I guess?

>Go see Saw 7 alone because I have no friends
>Get in theater, movie isnt showing
>They forgot to turn on the projector
>Sat for 45mins playing on my phone, too shy to ask
>Eventually a worker comes in for his rounds
>Asks me why I didn't say anything
>"u-u-u-uh I fell asleep"

memes aside I really don't se an issue, the only thing that irks me is I'm in a collage town and theres occasionally a group of friends going together that I know somehow witch is a little awkward but honestly not that bad

I do it for most movies these days. I'll see some blockbusters with friends but I have moviepass and see anything I'm remotely interested in, so I mostly go alone.

Saw BR2049 alone, first time I've done that

Interstellar and IT are the only two I saw alone and almost walked out of both.

no way

I wish. Every time I've come close, at least one other person shows up right before the movie starts.

there's nothing wrong with watching a film alone.

one should support quality kino any way that one can.

I saw Inception alone during the day back when I worked nights. Had the theater to myself. Maximum comfy.

Closest I've come was a weeknight 3D showing of Valerian. Ended up being 4 people.

Yup sin city 2 all alone drinking vodka shit was cash

i haven't but i definitely would if i could

Only ONCE in my entire life have I done this. Thor Ragnarok

that's pathetic

Yes. Lord of the rings return of the king, The first avengers, the lorax , and the Lego movie.

>all these faggots going to the cinema alone to see trash capeshit
holy fuck lmao

>mfw I saw Return of King three times all alone and regret nothing

Sicario, was just tired of sitting around alone doing nothing.

i only watch movies alone. haul ass back to lebbit OP

I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane alone while my mom and brother watch Despicable Me or something in a small middle-of-nowhere theater outside St. Louis and honestly I thought the experience was enhanced because of it.

Toy Story 3. Not much sport in it if people don't think you're a pedophile.

Due to bad travel arrangements I have to waste 4 hours in a mall in China.

I watched the hitman's bodyguard because it's the only film that fits my time slot and has a recognizable cast, the entire cinema was literally empty.

Back in 2011 I saw the Dark Knight Rises alone on a Monday afternoon. Everyone I knew was working so I didn't get to bring friends, even though it was a 'friends get in free' promotion that day

I went to see BR2049 alone today at 12:30 PM showing.
It was nice, the theater was basically empty so I got to put my feet up and chill. It was sort of lonely though.

>even though it was a 'friends get in free' promotion that day

So you're saying, there was no charge for them?

nice dude, surprised you still have a theater that's showing it

Only movie I remember going to by myself is raid 2. Only cause the gf at the time wanted to go see some other shit movie.

I couldn't go to the movie by myself if I wanted to. Current is possessive as fuck....But dat pussy fuuuuuuck lol.

>you will never ever see a great movie that gets the whole theater going crazy

feels bad man

When I watch movies alone, it's usually at my computer. The last time I actually went to the theater by myself was when I was like 17 and I skipped work to go see The Master.

Ironically TFA opening night

dark knight opening night and iron man to a lesser degree

youve really gotta go to opening night of any mildly anticipated blockbuster to get that

Dude I do everything alone.
>Hurr Durr I always need people with me
Fucking faggot kys

also paranormal activity. people were screaming and shuddering and cowering, haven't seen anything like it since, it was great. i have a soft spot in my heart for that movie because of it

Are you crazy? Do you want us to get arrested by the Kino Cops?

american women are so fucking disgusting

plebshit taste

I wish! No Singles policy in ALL OF MY KINOPLEXES

Saw Exodus, Creed, Star Trek Beyond and Blade Runner 2049 alone.

Nope B)

Yeah I was too, it was the theaters last showing I'm pretty sure. Really enjoyed it, glad I got to catch it before it left theaters.

Only once when I went to the wrong cinema by accident. I could have refunded the ticket but I didn't have time to go to the cinema my friends were actually at.
Was a very Karl Pilkington moment.

Blade Runner 2049 was the first movie I went to see alone. The last movie I went to the cinema to see with friends was I think The Avengers. Since then they've become the possessions of their significant others and since I'm a KHV I didn't go to the cinema for five years. I'd bring up films in conversation and either no plans to see it would get made or they'd reveal they'd already seen it

BR2049 was the one that made me say "fuck it"

The music was so bassy it made everything plastic in the screening room rattle, shit sounded awful, and with the people around me who weren't alone constantly talking to each other, maybe I'll just continue waiting for blu-ray releases instead

There is a legally mandated no singles policy exemption on penis inspection day, you're welcome.

Plenty of times. Not even ashamed of that. Who the fuck feels bad about watching movie in a theater alone?

Literally me

I have a month ago for BR2047. I would've watched it with my gf but im away at uni right now

say you need to take pics of some girls feet haha for a joke

I certainly don't. I saw IT alone and had a great time. I don't enjoy movies when I go with friends because they play on their phones during the film. This thread actually makes me wanna go to the cinema tomorrow alone but there's not really anything showing I wanna see.

I do it all the time.

Die normie pls

I would be to embarrased to go alone. it would just be like going tenpin bowling alone. look like a loser.

I think some movies NEED to be seen by one's self.

I remember what a trip seeing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was and I don't think it would have been the same or as good an experience if I had seen it with a friend. I think a lot of arty type movies in general are best seen by yourself.

One of the best movie going experiences in my life though was seeing Kill Bill vol. I when it came out with my best friend at the time.

Do you guys wanna meet up and see a film together one day? Shitposting out loud in the theatre would be pretty fun.

Once when X-Men 2 came out. Mum had taken me shopping and I was clearly bored so she dropped me off at the cinema to watch a movie by myself

>having a gf
>normie

even the spergiest fucks here in college maintain relationships. you just need to be confident and not think that all women want the 6'4" chad with the large cock they see in parties. you will always fit someone's preferences and tastes, you just gotta approach and also stop being too fucking picky

Spiderman Homecoming. The reveal (you know the one) made the theater audibly gasp.