Race tropes

What race tropes does Sup Forums love and hate?

Starting with mandatory trend of Black guys getting electric powers.

I fucking love that trope so much. I want to see an all black, all lightning super team called the Spark Souls.

I like it, Static and Black Lightning are fun characters and the aesthetic is pretty cool.

Static Shock thread then?

Black electro.

Black vulcan.

The bbc myth.

the japs are the only ones who get characters and their electric powers right

Race trope I hate

>all the black heroes know each other

You got some good idea right here!

Casting a different race from what has been established for at least 25+ years is racism. Period.

All Asians are super skilled magic martial artists and scholarly geniuses.

black-washing

Mexican-american character says stupid spanish words when he talks...

Latino characters speak like mexicans

race washing

Race trope I love
>Latino characters that masterfully blend the Spanish and the English language together
>Mi gente...do not worry...
It's beautiful, Ami/co/s!

MUH "diversity"

You want to know what's stupid ? The fact that it took until the late 90's to get any recognition for great characters like The Falcon, Cyborg

Man I can't wait for this show to start

lul

Sometimes diversity can be a good thing

This one I kinda find offensive. Like what a white guy thinks is what happens. Black Panther has nothing in common with most of these people. To compare what he goes through and what Luke Cage goes through is fucking stupid.

In the Logan movie there is a chubby black kid with electric powers.

But they do.

He's the one that should be in the JL, instead of Blandborg.

asian characters knowing super deadly magic kung fu, bonus points for asian chicks who know even deadlier magic kung fu

also the asian women can beat anyone up despite walking around in heels and having little muscle mass

>not Dark Avengers
missed opportunity

Also they have a dyed string of hair

My favorite hispanic tropes is when they actually exist

I like nightcrawler and maverick because they are germans who aren't nazis or powered by nazi super science.

>Meh about
Latinos/Mexicans tend to have light or fire powers. (Latin heat jokes all around).

Black people and electric powers.

>Bored of
Asians with mystic magic powers/kung fu, science serum, or Powersuits emulating someone's powerset like Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. Also Asian people, especially girls having a neon-color bang or stripe in their hair.

Occasionally you'll see a few homosexual characters with mind control or sex pheromone powers. The problem with it is that the common trope is that they can act like Purple Man but get away with because they're homosexual, especially if they're lesbians.

Odd coincidences

Weirdly enough, Jewish people having reality warping powers that easily break the canon or story they're in. People like Scarlet Witch, Billy Kaplan, Mad Jim Jaspers, Legion, Kitty Pryde for a short time, etc. Sure most of them job or become Deus Ex Machina tools but it always bugged me that most of the OP reality hackers always had to bring up or be revealed to be Jewish.

>Latinos/Mexicans tend to have light or fire powers. (Latin heat jokes all around).
What characters fall into this?

WHO DIS

Veronica from Riverdale.

dc.

Ray, Aztek. El Diablo, Firebrand. Jessica the GL, Firebrand, and I think Hotstreak from Static.

marvel
the Ghost Low Rider, Torro (human torch)

Kyle should only count for half.

Sunspot, Eclipso, and The Darkness doesn't count because they're effectively dark powered.