Why do Superman writers/directors hate him?

Why do Superman writers/directors hate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney–ABC_Television_Group
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who is Jamelle Bouie and why should we care?

That's a fair point. Superman writers/directors either seem to hate him or think only the Christopher Reeve movies are valid. And they constantly try to fix him.

But I don't think Cap is really all that inspiring. And I honestly think they could've cast better than Evans. So my views on this shit just don't line up all that well with most people's.

fucking educate yourself

>Superman writers/directors either seem to hate him

Rule of thumb; if you hate Supes, you're an asshole.

It's a flawless identifier.

There are like four companywar threads up right now, you don't need another one, and everyone can see through your shit bait.

>CBS
>A subsidiary of Disney
Really makes you think.

Snyder doesn't seem to hate Superman though.

I've got to say that ...
>The Bat is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy
...is a pretty fucking unbelievable line that anyone would write for Superman, and you should probably not hire the guy whose passion project is a The Fountainhead movie to be your Superman guy.

BvS shat on Superman pretty relentlessly. It honestly didn't feel like anyone had spent any time at all thinking about any character other than Batman. And that affected everything, from the dialogue to the characterisation to the film's logic and even the sequencing. Logan is a great contrast because people really did think about a lot of the characters in that movie, and you can see that watching it.

Comic writers know what to do with him.

Warner suits and their minions not. It's so fucking easy to get that they had no idea on what to do with snydervese, to the point that people claim that all of his movies are done in a way that just on the last one will have the "real" Superman.

Oh, so a fake news correspondent.

How is this Sup Forums?

Shitting on DC is the most Sup Forums thing you can do

How is it not Sup Forums?

But DC already made, way back in 1978, a cinematic Superman who was modern and inspiring.

>>CBS
>>A subsidiary of Disney
>Really makes you think.
Yes. It makes me think you've a fucking moron.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney–ABC_Television_Group

It's not a companywar thread, it's a Superman writers/directors hate him thread.

>way back in 1978
tell us more Grandpa

>you should probably not hire the guy whose passion project is a The Fountainhead movie

Link me, because I don't want to believe you.

He actually loves him, the proble is that he wants to show us superman struggle and a good portion of superman fans don't want that, they want superman to be a father figure that makes them feel safe and happy and not to see him struggle and doubt himself.

In my opinion aside from the serious problems of the movies it's about kids wanting their dad to be the strongest person in the world instead of overcoming being jobless. Both are interesting things to do with the character, it's just that it's really easy to alienate too many people, it's the last temptation.

>>The Bat is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy

He was trying to scare batman, superman does that. He does that in the comics too, it doesnt mean he meant it, just that he wanted to be imposing.
BvS has one of the greatest superman moments ever in the media putside comics:

The superman montage and the call to ma in the middle of the night, that single moment proves that you are wrong.

Looks like you didn't watch MoS or BvS
Snyder doesn't like Superman mythos yet it was obvious he had a hard on when making Batman scenes

Do they hate him? They brought him back from a dead universe and gave him a family again.

>MCU Cap
>Inspiring

Dude, what? Steve is literally
>it's my way or the highway
>I didn't get that reference
>awww, Peggy ;_;

His speech in Winter Soldier was laughable, especially when it just led to dozens of agents getting killed immediately

No one cares about your shitty fucking comic books

We're talking about something that's ACTUALLY IMPORTANT

>Snyder doesn't seem to hate Superman though.
It's not that Snyder hates Superman, or Batman either, it's that Snyder doesn't understand him.
I mean, forcing a Jesus allegory on fucking superman? Yeah, he was a saviour character invented by a jew to defend the rights of american immigrants. WAY TO FUCKING GET IT SNYDER. You don't need to force an allegory on an allegory. If you just make a good Superman movie the allusion is already there.
Fucking idiot.

>Comic writers know what to do with him.
kek

Why does it matter what some """""political""""" analyst jerkoff thinks about superheroes?

Snyder, for all his faults doesn't hate him.

He just believes the best Superman stories are vaguely tragic (and I don't entirely disagree), so he loads a lot of tragedy into them. But he does it wrong, so it comes off badly.

He said that he "made superheroes grown up". He HATES comics and especially superheroes.

Snyder get off Sup Forums

>...is a pretty fucking unbelievable line that anyone would write for Superman
REALLY DUDE?

Yeah for me, MCU Cap's whole bag is trying to find a way to keep fighting. But not in a good way. He does have morals and principles, but those morals and principles just keep him from being a supervillain and deciding to channel all of his drive into something that doesn't hurt a lot of innocent people. But he's not actually all that interested in the people and causes he fights for. They're just excuses for him to never stop. It's an interesting take, but I wouldn't say it's inspirational.

The pirated image tag is the icing on the cake in your choice of shitty images to represent superman BTW.

Can nothing top pic related?

To give context on these 2, this is main universe Superman.
Banshee has already killed 40 something people, their bodies litter the streets around them. Point still stands.

I remember how we watched it in school once for English and everyone, even the edgy teens in the room liked it. It's a great film, and doesn't try to be shocking or controversial. It doesn't open up with Jimmy Olsen getting executed. It's just a good movie.

Its not a shitty representation, a hero who won't even threaten someone who has just murdered 40 something people isn't a fucking hero at all.

So Batman is the same as Banshee, is that it?

>The superman montage and the call to ma in the middle of the night, that single moment proves that you are wrong.
Plus both of his 2 sacrificial moments are phenomenal.
Him not even faintly hesitating to take a nuke to the face in order to save the world die or not... that is Superman perfectly.

>tl;dr Not muh Superman

Read more comics and learn to understand Superman has grown and evolved a lot as a character in the past 79 years, with plenty of depictions of alternative and different but equally valid versions of him emerging in that time. The perfect father figure boyscout from the 50s is just one such version.

Not liking his generalized tone, and not believing that his general message (spreading hope) has to permeate every scene of every story he is in, is not disdain for the fucking mythos.

>I mean, forcing a Jesus allegory on fucking superman?
He didn't force it, its only 1 scene (church) & 1 shot in Mos (cross pose in space), making for less then 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie, that isn't fucking forced at all, that is beyond fucking irrelevant to the overall film & its overall quality. Find a different fucking complaint, the exaggerations of the religious imagery is fucking preposterous at this fucking point.

CBS/Viacom are majority owned (through supervoting shares) by National Amusements, an international movie theater chain.

They're nothing to do with Disney.

Makes me think you're just pretending to be retarded.

He is pure interventionism in civil war. He is Bush on irak.

Great argument

No but the point its it is perfectly fucking valid to write Superman threatening people who he percives to be murderers/sadist.

In the postmodern era, firm stands on right and wrong are considered uncool, unsophisticated, and non-nuanced.

It's part of the general "don't judge" attitude everyone has toward any behavior -- except judging. And since Superman is a de facto judgment against evil and wrong, he becomes the bad guy.

>...is a pretty fucking unbelievable line that anyone would write for Superman
What would have made this scene work better is have Superman have planned to take Batman in that night but once he sees through his mask and sees that is is Wayne he does actually attempts to be merciful as he blames himself for Wayne Tower and instead just force him to retire.

He perceives Batman as a dangerous, out of control vigilante who gets his kicks brutalizing and torturing people in that scene, so yeah, kinda.

>a hero who won't even threaten someone who has just murdered 40 something people isn't a fucking hero at all.

So this is the kind of people who hate Superman. Mmmh...

>b-but Superman just hugs and talks all villains to submission, he doesn't use aggression or feel anger.

It requires nuance, but Superman haters lack it.

>DC
Do people not know DC doesn't have their own studio like Marvel does? this is all Warner.

So a nobody.

>So this is the kind of people who hate Superman. Mmmh...
Mos is among my top favorite movies, I literally have a Superman graphic novel in my work bag, so no I do not even faintly hate Superman.

you never saw the reeves films then? or heck ever read kingdom come?

Even worse, you don't get him at all.

I don't think Cap is a good example, he's not even really a character more like a reactionary to the shit thats going on around him.
The same thing with Superman and nearly every other super hero really, not a lot of them have goals or characters outside of their powers or when they do its all broad stroke "protect the world" shit.

I bet if you gave Cap and Superman motives, goals or some kind of internal conundrum they'd all be much more entertaining and 3 dimensional characters.

Where is the lie?

its better then that, the space scene was just a call back to the reeves film, while the church scene was taken right out of Kingdom Come

Why the hate though?

Are most people really such assholes that seeing a truly heroic character fills them with disdain?

Because they see Superman as someone they can't be.

Plenty of people that hate supes are either teens in their edgy phase, actual bitter assholes or people who think he's too OP and just comes to do heroing then go away.

The fact is that it's hard to write Superman because his moral decisions are constantly being interrogated, whereas Cap can be a huge asshole or do whatever and people assume he's actually right because he's wearing a flag.

No. The kind that hate bad movies.

That doesn't answer that user question

This, only edgy teens and or shitty human beings hate Superman.

Snyder is a man that is on record in an interview saying that he thinks that The Fountainhead is a thought-provoking book that would make an amazing movie and he wishes to make it someday.

That this man cannot understand Superman is about as surprising as the sun coming out on the East.