Over the Garden Wall

What did you think of this series?

i think its fantastic. i watch it every year around halloween.

Boring and bland

Probably the best cartoon of the decade

>being this easily impressed

Beta cuck tumblr shit

great aesthetics, fun setting, poor pacing, satisfying ending

It makes me happy

>easily impressed
Are you serious? It's one of the few that relies on subtlety and slow pacing instead of being flashy and in-your-face. It doesn't try to "impress" you at all

Tries too hard and ends up being uninteresting. The low number of episodes was very poorly managed.

All in all, very much overrated.

Amazing show. Would recommend.

>wahhh it didn't have enough of muh waifu's

fuck off.

Who mentioned waifus, retard?

whats your favorite animated series user

Gargoyles.

well I can't effectively talk shit about that. Carry on.

Idiot.

Absolutely awful, if you liked it you need to kys yourself.

Calm down man.

>wahhh I disagree with your valid criticism so I'll pretend you only like shows you can fap to

pretentious hipster LOL2DEEP4U garbage.

>first aired on cartoon fucking network
>any of the things you said besides garbage possibly applying

Maximum comf level. Good plot, sufficient mystery to warrant a rewatch every year. Would rather watch this on Halloween with GF instead of Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride.

Too bad I'm single.

Really fucking good. I love the intro jingle

Its focus on Americana is very interesting and very refreshing after what seemed like decades of overtly anime-influenced shows.

did issue 11 of the comic get delayed? Thought It was coming out Feb 22?

Is it as good as the first mini?

It's okay so far, though I think I like the expansion of the Woodsman's daughter more than Greg's new adventure.

I was worried it was going to be a dumb "learning things about yourself in a fantasy world" thing but then Wirt's problems turned out to be trivial and it was more about his general mentality and drive, which I liked.

Great animation and visuals, nice cast, incredible music and voice work.

Kinda bummed Wirt didn't hook up with Beatrice.

>great animation and visuals
LOL

>You'll never be as alpha as Jason Funderberker
Why live?

>those wooden designs
>that choppy animation

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I enjoyed it, loved the backgrounds and music. The story is good too.

I do get where other anons are going with the tumblr sjw hipster bullshit comments. Look at it! It does carry that demeanor, having whimsical and vintage qualities (hipster bait). And of course, that tumblr nose/simplistic CalArts style. Definitely worth a watch though.

But he is right. This decade had a bunch of mediocre shit and OTGW was the most visually pleasing of them all.

>Visually pleasing
>That lack of animation
>Those 2D designs
>Those noses

You sir are neither a gentleman nor a scholar, and you will never by my nigga.

>kys yourself
Wew lad, maybe you should do the honors.

This clip is embarrassing. It's just fluid, but there's no understanding of perspective or anatomy. The Highwayman's limbs change sizes all the time, particularly his head. If you like this, you should kill yourself.

>getting this pissed over people liking a thing that you don't like.
I think you should kill yourself because life is going to really tough for you.

i thought it was pretty good but making the sorta love interest black in the end kinda ruined it and made it feel less genuine

Not an argument.

The only thing you got right was the slow animation.
Even if you are completely right, compared to series like AT, SU, TLH, RS and Problem Solverz this still wins.

>The Highwayman's limbs change sizes all the time, particularly his head.
That's distortion from the fisheye lens you dickless syphilitic Neanderthal.

The story is brilliant. It's a story about a neurotic kid whose problems are almost entirely in his head. What he imagines as insurmountable obstacles are minor setbacks at worst. Nothing is as terrible as he thinks it is.

it wasn't an attempt at realistic animation, what was being conveyed (quite successfully) in this scene is that the highwayman is a freaky little dude and that he is freaking out our main guy

does all animation always need to have perfect anatomy and perspective?

It tries to imitate that effect, yes, but it fails awfully.

>It's meant to be shit

No it's supposed to be disorienting, like something from a fever dream or a drug trip.

I'M THE HIGHWAY MAN

still though, you're getting this upset over people liking something you don't like.

One of my favorite cartoons of all time.

As other anons have said before, beautiful backgrounds and colors, solid story, and a neat soundtrack to boot.
Being the oldest brother really made me relate to Wirt. I feel that his and Gregory's relationship is one of the more realistic shown and it really impacted me after watching the show.

>The Highwayman's limbs change sizes all the time
You're right.
>That's distortion from the fisheye lens
You're wrong.

Somewhere Nick Cross said the inconsistent volume was done deliberately to make it look weirder.

You can argue that "deliberately bad" is still "bad", but there you go.

>rewatch it ever autumn with my wife right as the sun is setting, wearing a comfy sweater, and sipping on some pumpkin flavored coffee

>tfw this is my dream and it will never happen to me

>those noses
Every fucking time. They're based on old timey dolls. What's next? You're going to say the villagers in animal crossing have "tumblr nose?"

Who mentioned Tumblr, friend? Shit looking noses are shit looking, no matter what they're based on.

To each his own. It's kind of a silly thing to get hung up on though

I love how it alludes to Poe-esque "my lost love!" stuff in an early episode.

She's even into him!

I remember Sup Forums loved this when it first came out, where did all these contrary hipsters come from.

Anyway. Thought it was fantastic. I always watch it in the autumn. Really like the beast. Ramsey has such a powerful voice. I also remember cracking up at the school dude who was lamenting building an elementary school for animals.

What parts stuck out to you guys? Also, does anyone buy into the theory Wirt and his brother died falling down the hill? I don't, but I like teasing my little sister about it because it scares her and I'm a bully.

it works better as a movie.

>sorrow and fear are easily forgotten
>when you submit to the soil of the Earth
Overt allusions to suicide on muh cartoon network

You should look up the extended directors cut version of that song if you haven't already

Just waiting for the Blu-Ray.

this user understands

this user doesn't

I'm glad it exists.