I watched oblivion, minority report, and edge of tomorrow for the first time. They were all amazing...

I watched oblivion, minority report, and edge of tomorrow for the first time. They were all amazing, especially edge of tomorrow. Cruise killed it

I need more movies like those. please recommend some sci-fi action/adventure stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3327624/
imdb.com/title/tt1188729/
imdb.com/title/tt2910814/
imdb.com/title/tt1706620/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

give me something please i bought an 18 pack and dont want to just watch youtube shit all night

Minority report used to be THE kino in my younger years, but it had a pretty huge plothole.
How the fuck does Lamar premeditately ensures that Anderton would meet Leo Crow in the first place?
He only hires Crow to pose as the child kidnapper.

Edger of Tomorrow has taken over Minority Report for me now. I can't keep rewatching him puke up a green sandwich, but I can't get bored of that little squeak he does when he gets run over rolling under the truck. Great movie.

What other scifi action films have you seen?

a scanner darkly and total recall (old), both also written by the god philip k. dick (like minority report)

source code
dark city
animatrix
sunshine
firefly (series)
starship troopers
children of men
dark city
dune

great film, check out Legend for LOTR-style kino.

>you might not think they're the indisputable kings of sci-fi but they somehow are-list:

1. arnold schwarzenegger
2. tom cruise
3. keanu reeves
4. kurt russell
5. harrison ford

You're my favorite user

These are some good shit

>Dredd
>Source Code
>Starship Troopers
>Dark City
>Firefly
All must sees

cheers

>catched

Terminator 3

dont let the T2 kiddies fool you. It's good

It's a parody of T2

inb4 t. T2 Kiddie

>Weinstens
no thanks

It's better than T2

t. T3 Kiddie

>t.

you follow every little fad you see?

FOR YOU

He can't know for sure until he plans it. It becomes a causality loop which is common in time travel.

They also pretty plainly explained how he used the system against people before.

Don't worry about ratings on infini these two. They are both very similar to the original alien franchise.

>infini
imdb.com/title/tt3327624/
>pandorum
imdb.com/title/tt1188729/

honorable mention of

>the signal
imdb.com/title/tt2910814/
>snow piercer
imdb.com/title/tt1706620/

Fifth Element & Serenity (the movie sequel to the series Firefly). I'll second most of the movies already listed. And if tv series are included, Fringe.

It's a wonderful movie. Edge of Tomorrow and Blade Runner 2049 are my two favorite sci fi films of the past decade.

>They were all amazing
they're all painfully generic 5/10 scifi action fluff aimed at the lowest common denominator. Movies for people who hate movies. Capeshit sounds like your thing.

oblivion was the weakest link but minority report and edge of tomorrow were great. easily 8/10.

thanks for all suggestions

Looper

>Looper
>amazing

keke

>District 10
Will it come?

looper isn't that bad

The show Legion is pretty fucking fantastic. A pity no one really talks about it

so spoilers and shit about edge of tomorrow.

Im confused about the part at the damn where he faces off with the alpha. He was about to shoot himself in the head and from I can tell the alpha knocked the gun away and sliced him somewhere so he started bleeding out. No matter what though he would have died. Rita lost her power because of a blood transfusion so what was the point of the alpha letting him bleed out because wouldnt it just reset the day like normal?

Good list user.

Self/less gets better with rewatches.

SCREAMERS

ROBOCOP

ROBOCOP 2

TERMINATOR

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY

STARSHIP TROOPERS

UNIVERSAL SOLDIER

why not continue the same line ?
>philip k. dick

Predestination(2014)

I want to add Repo Men, it doesn't get as far out sci-fi as most of this stuff but I fucking love that movie so much. Dystopian Jude Law and Forest Whitaker, what else really needs to be said?

He originally got the power when an alpha bled out all over him, this alpha was trying to get Cruise to bleed out over the alpha to regain the power.

i think it was just a way to show that aliens knew and were trying to stop him

I don't get why Edge of Tomorrow has such praise.

It was pretty generic action sci-fi. The alien designs were generic and boring as fuck.

I thought it was okay, about 6/10.

Elysium, plot is 5/10 but watch it for the tech

seeing emily blunt everyday is motivation enough

t2 is a parody of t1

Generic? You can call it generic when you can name at least five other sci-fi films where the character lives the same scenario over and over until they master it by heart.

the alpha was trying to make him bleed out so that whatever nanite magic wouldnt be in him when he died and thus wouldnt send a signal to the omega for day reset

That was the only original element in the movie.

>Firefly
Fucking disgusting.

IDK, I think that last guy is great.

Keanukino coming through.

Has mementology hurt or helped Tom cruises movies?