First look at Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

>“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series is a brand new story of the universe’s unlikeliest heroes: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of them has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands. From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, you wear the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, where your decisions and actions drive the story you experience.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nK3HxzJUjc
youtube.com/watch?v=WBzhoJtnJgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Upon the game’s release, gamers will have the option of purchasing individual episodes, or they can purchase a season pass, either digitally or in-store. The pass will include the first episode in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates.

>where your decisions and actions drive the story you experience.
>tell tale
I wonder how many will fall for this.

>The series features voice-over work by Scott Porter (“Friday Night Lights,” “The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series”) as Star-Lord, Emily O’Brien (“The Young and the Restless,” “Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor”) as Gamora, Nolan North (the “Uncharted” series, “Pretty Little Liars”) as Rocket, Brandon Paul Eells (“Watch Dogs”) as Drax, and Adam Harrington (“The Wolf Among Us,” “League of Legends”) as Groot.

>“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series” is set to premiere digitally this Spring on consoles, PC, and mobile devices.

>the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power.
>We're doing the plot of the first movie again...AGAIN!

OOGA-CHAKA OOGA-OOGA OOGA-CHAKA

>That Gamora

Peter IS a treasure hunter on the first movie after all.

man i miss pre MCU. companies could atleast take different approaches to adapting marvel properties, now its all gotta be MCU

It's an improvement over green Saldana at least.

I don't know, man. For all the things the MCU fucked up they're the only thing stopping Marvel related stuff to go full-SJW like the comics.

Yeah it seems like this is going to keep happening if they let uninspired hacks write GotG stories, at least until vol. 2 comes out.

DnA Guardians will never come back, will they?

X-Men Legends was also full of movie-pandering though. They just happened to be able to blend it pretty perfectly with some more fun and colorful elements from the comics.

Just let it die, user. We know you loved the movie, everyone did, embrace the OOGA CHAKA.

>Telltale

Let me guess, they're using the same shitty engine and your choices really don't matter

id rather have that than full on rehashing the movie

Well done, Captain Obvious!

They never existed.

Nope and neither will DnA

>youtube.com/watch?v=-nK3HxzJUjc
It was enjoyable nonetheless, and not the same exact plot over and over again. The MCU drove the whole McGuffin thing stale.

I loved MUA cinematics, huge improvement over Apocalypse.

They should have gotten Steve Downes to voice Star-Lord again, like he did in EMH. It'd confuse the shit out of everyone.

I like the guy they had in Avengerd Assemble before Ron Stoppable started voicing him.

>Fat-Lord
>Dave "The Destroyer" BATISTAAAA!
>Green face Zoe Saldana
>a literal raccon and a tree
>actual nova
>COSMO
>Thanoscopter
Seems kino. Would watch.

This. I have no problem with the MCU Guardians but I have a major problem with Telltale "games."

Can't wait to hear how terrible their version of Star-Lord sounds, since literally every version beyond Chris Pratt sounds awful.

They wouldn't have come back even if the movie didn't exist. There was nowhere left for the story to go.

Actually, the could have done what Loveness is doing with Dick in the current Nova ongoing. But this time Star-Lord is also infected.

If the movie wasn't in development there's no way Star-Lord would have come back. Nova probably still would have eventually, but the number of Star-Lord appearances and fans was much much smaller.

But I meant there was nowhere left for the team to go in that form. They accomplished their task and went their separate ways, so what do you do next? How do you top the Cancerverse? And without making the Annihilators, Pete's dream team, look like retards in comparison?

Either you blow it up way bigger and turn the GOTG into a Nova Corps like entity, losing their underdog charm in the process, or you downsize and make them more of a mercenary group or family unit. Which is what they did.

>comic Drax
>movie everything else
aaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHH

>more mcu pandering

I'm not surprised. Just disappointed.

>>Marvel's Memeians of the Quip
>>Video game with no substantial gameplay

No thanks pal

I agree Star-Lord's situation was the most dire one, though he gained himself enough of a cult following and could easily be brought back later on.

>They accomplished their task and went their separate ways, so what do you do next? How do you top the Cancerverse?
This is not Dragon Ball Z, you don't need the new villain to be the most powerful one yet to make the Guardians work.

How many times the Avengers have gone their separate ways only to reunite once again?
>But user, the Avengers fucking suck and they done it who knows how many times. It's a stale trope
Yes, but unlike the Avengers that have been around since the 60s, the Guardians were new and fresh, a reunion arc wouldn't have hurt.

>Either you blow it up way bigger and turn the GOTG into a Nova Corps like entity
That kinda were the Annihilators, in the sense they were way bigger than the Guardians.

>you downsize and make them more of a mercenary group or family unit
I would have liked this approach in the comics. Let's say Rocket reunites old members and maybe gets in new faces and then cancer-verse infected Richard and Peter return, make an excuse the Annihilators are too busy with their own stuff to be a rapid response group as to make the necessity of the Guardians to exist.

>where your decisions and actions drive the story you experience
>telltale

>we're not doing the plots from the movies
>we're using the movie line-up yet again with the movie looks in a plot similar to the first movie

>Actual Nova
>Sam Loeb
Come on, dude.

>You control the only white male on the team

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. CULTURAL APPROPRIATION! WHITE SUPREMACY! KILL WHITEY! MAKE HIM BLACK AND TRANS.

Quints

I can't wait for all the brutal and Funny Death scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=WBzhoJtnJgg

Holy shit, Satan

I imagine they could get Pratt. He does some TV stuff here and there

>where your decisions and actions drive the story you experience.

>Also to show how progressive the game is you can ROMANCE ANY MEMBER of the team as Starlord
>Gamora
>Rocket
>Groot
>Drax

>YOU CAN FUCK ANY OF THEM

Boldly going eh? Kirk would be proud.

It's more like how will people deal with the fact that Rocket will have dialogue about him fucking Starlord's ass based on your romantic choices?

Well going by the 34 that's a pretty popular pairing...

>We are Groot.

I would actually like that, though.

>seducing Drax

Telltale normally follows comics designs and tries to keep the movie and tv synergy to a minimum and yet we get exact movie Starlord?
Why?

The worst part is that you can totally make a game where choices actually do matter and still do the episodic thing they do. Until Dawn wasn't perfect, but you still somehow had a lot more control over the framing of that story than any Telltale game.

Plus, Telltale has only one trick: the shock death/faked shock death.

I hope this is more akin to Tales from the Borderlands.

> Rocket Raccoon threw Thanos into a gravity well!
> Thanos will remember this

Man, Rocket's legs are fucked up in this. He looks like parts of them were removed and he was sewn back together about 25% shorter than before.