Legion (oSH) Thread

>Favourite era
>Favourite writer
>Do you want a new reboot?
>Who do you want on art and writing in the probably upcoming this autumn/winter ongoing?
>Any ideas for said ongoing? Tone, stories, team structure etc.

I'm too lazy to be too coherent right now but hopefully no new reboot. Lemire's roster was probably the best option to run with. Bring over the Reboot kids people like to the Retroboot but ignore the last arc or so of the new 52 ongoing.

I have no idea who would be on it. I guess King is the theory right now but I don't know if he's a good fit tonally. Just to throw a name out there, Fisch could be interesting but it seems like he's comfortable on the DC kids' books and doesn't necessarily want a main DCU title. I liked him on the Morrison Action backups though.

Teen team. No adults calling themselves "lad", no full beards.

Acknowledge the previous Legions exist within the DC multiverse, and this is the story of a new alternate timeline. A "Council of Brainys" meeting for huge threats would be cool (I think Reed did something like that before the FF cancellation?)

This Legion is inspired by Jon Kent, the new superboy. Superman still has "his" Legion but the new Legion hangs with the new Superboy.

Shake things up a bit but overall let it be a modern retelling of the 60s-80s Legion.

>Shake things up a bit but overall let it be a modern retelling of the 60s-80s Legion.

This is mainly why I'd like to avoid another reboot. I feel like the Reboot Legion in particular suffered a lot by retreading old stories like that, even with the new characters and generally good characterization it didn't pick up for me until DnA.

>Acknowledge the previous Legions exist within the DC multiverse
Yeah, I like this idea. It allows writers to do something new without upsetting too many old fans and makes a lot of sense for comics. It'd also be kind of funny to see how the JL/Superman reacts when the inevitable time travel story happens and they find out about it.

And a "Council of Brainys" would be cool but also 95% infighting.

I honestly just want to see legacy and growth in the Legion eventually. Lighting Lad should eventually become Lighting Man or some other name, and then pass the name down to his child or something. I want old Legionaries training newbies.

How would you want them to handle characters who are a bit more long lived (and probably slow aging?) than humans like Mon-El, Cham and Brainy? Mentors, moving on to new things or some kind of senior Legion?

A little bit of both, mostly senior Legionaires, but I'd love to see a few issues dedicated to people like Mon-El doing their own thing. Like an issue where Mon-El finds the long lost Superboy planet, drifting out among the multiverse. Or maybe a b-plot arc focusing on Jon-Ah finding his space whale again or something.

Dreamy is essential

She gets blacked
By starboy

That's sounds like a good way to do it. Though I would also like to see them tackle the dissonance between people who age "normally" and people who age faster or slower, and perhaps how stuff like dying is handled in a future where you can practically become immortal with the help of artificial body parts.

that would be rad, but I think the problem is that we want things that would come down line, after 40+ issues kind of stuff, but they obviously aren't going to. They are going to boil it down to basics and go back from the beginning I feel, but we'll see.

This is a thing I feel like Levitz has tried twice now, like v3 and pre-Flashpoint/early new 52 stuff. It makes sense, but I guess people might bitch about their favorites getting sidelined.

That legacy aspect and deaging a little (I think they were like mid 20s at most) were good points that I'd like to keep from the new 52.

It does seem kind of unlikely at this point and more likely that they'll be going for another version of the retroboot. But yeah, we'll probably have to wait until we have a little more than three panels of Imra and three issues of EE.

> but I guess people might bitch about their favorites getting sidelined.

Well yeah, legion fans are small in number so they have to pander to them, AND we are entitled assholes to boot.

lol yeah.

I am really enjoying how DC is sprinkling LoSH appearances throughout the rest of the universe. LoSH/JSA crossover when.

Brainy was in JL for one panel and he seemed kind of young but there wasn't enough context to determine where in the LoSH timeline that might be (like if it's pre-team or not).

It seems to me like Imra is older than that at least. But yeah, 3 panels. Also possible they haven't actually decided yet.

How do you pander to a group that's like 25% oldfags, 25% reboot fags, 25% /really/ oldfags and 25% clueless idiots who've only watched the cartoon though

Current theory is that that's non-canon because Hitch wants to screw around in time. And it also seems like that Brainy isn't a Legionnaire.

I think Imra looks a wee bit younger than she did in the n52 comic, but that could very well depend on artist.

Johns found a way

besides the cartoonfags I guess, rip in peace

exactly, which is why every attempt to reboot recently has failed.

good luck getting anyone new on board for a book with three copies of the core cast.

I think it was mostly the short hair design that made her look older.

>Favourite era
LOSH Vol 3
>Favourite writer
Levitz/Giffen
>Do you want a new reboot?
No, I want original Legion
>Who do you want on art and writing in the probably upcoming this autumn/winter ongoing?
I would like to see Hickman writing and rocafort in art
>Any ideas for said ongoing? Tone, stories, team structure etc.
would like a junior legion (that may have his own series) with legionaries children and some new kids including Jon so we can have a Superboy in the Legion. Adult Legion and Junior (some teens and some kids) Legion with different tones. In some ways like a JLA/Teen Titans in the future exploiting the Legion history.

This slow burn build up is killing me. I just want to know what's going on here.

This issue was really pushing the OT3.

>This issue was really pushing the OT3.
The only true OT3

>tfw when three boob windows

it's dumb but the hair down one reminds me of Tinya

She kind of has the same hairstyle and colour and a pretty average face in that picture so I guess that's why

that's why I don't understand why they took away her bee-hive hair, it's central to her character.
is there even any other DC or Marvel character who had a bee-hive?

I guess just a modernization thing. I kind of get it, but I don't know. Doesn't work in that particular picture.

How do I into Legion? I'm cool with comics of any era, it doesn't have to be modern.

Apologies for noob question but its a bump as well

If you don't mind reading it all from the top it's kind of an amazing project

Alternately starting with Disco Legion (Mike Grell) but you definitely want to read Levitz' whole tenure on the book

Best early collected editions?

>rec-fagging
It's like you people are allergic to looking shit up. It would take like five minutes maximum to find the relevant information, but no, you insist on being an intrusive retard and acting like an entitled brat. Fuck off.

i feel like it's becoming less and less likely but i'm staying on that Tom King Legion bus til the end.

also ongoing stories with back ups featuring rotating characters who aren't in the main story

i have no idea who would draw it but obvs they need to be able to handle big crowds

The thread was on page 9 fag, it wouldn't be here without my rec-fagging

i miss my legion rec pic that was simply "All of it (except for non-Giffen 5YL)"

There's some good collections coming out this summer. your best bet is probably downloading tho. or try to find showcases if you can deal with black and white

a good jumping on point if you don't like the silver age insanity is probably Levitz's run or as someone above said Disco Legion

You should've let it die, you fucking moron.