Is Mr. Mxyzptlk always the same?

Well... action comics this week leave me thinking.
Is Mr. Mxyzptlk always the same character not being affected by any reboot or adaptation?
Is he capable of pop up from a comic, to a videogame, to a live action or a cartoon show and change his appearance to what he thinks fits more and just play along?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_stream
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd assume so, based on that story. It wouldn't be too far-fetched either, being a magical, reality-altering imp.

The pic you posted would imply so, yes.

The fifth dimension is imagination, which is where all fictional characters come from. Mxyzptlk just is aware of that.

What's this from? I haven't been keeping up with the more recent DC Comics.

God, I love Mxyzptlk. They should use him more.

Usually, but he was affected by the New 52. I don't know how they'll explain that version.

Action Comics #975, part of the Superman Reborn event. OP's image is a spoiler for it.

God, I need to keep up with this shit.

I've been waiting for trades more and more recently.

If he is, then why is Post-Crisis Supes so important to him when he could go to infinite universes to mess with him?

I wish they included Howie Mandel Mxyzptlk in that page.

They're already ignoring the fact that he met Superbro so obviously not

Did he though? Did he?

so is lego superman suggesting more earths beyond the 52 lol

he is if the writer decides he is but if they don't then he isn't
in this particular comic it seems he is

52 is just the number of Earths in the LOCAL multiverse, there's countless others out there too

There's the local 52 multiverse, the infinite media multiverse and the second new infinite comic multiverse.

The media one starts with cw flash, earth one.

where was that established?

where would say marvel.be or other shit

I liked this back up. I wonder what Oz has plans for Mxy.

Multiversity is the one that first used the local designation

Multiversity, the very last issue.
It doesn't specify these realities however, it does specify there are multiple Multiverses.

Marvel-esque universes are 7 and 8 in the local multiverse.

The actual ones that encompass Marvel properties are out there and separate, because outside of specific agreements or minor details, DC isn't allowed to acknowledge Marvel.

I consider the concept to be a bit similar to universal streams from Transformers: tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_stream

>i was on the cartoon show
>shows mr.mxy from the cartoon show
This is an example of answering your own question. Also yes.

Last crossovers it think Marvels Earth was 365 or something like that

Or was it in the 80's...

>Mxyzptlk is the same no matter what
>including in the Alan Moore story where he became super edgy and murdered people and Superman had to kill him to stop him

The marvel version exists beyond the dc one. They all exist in white space if you travel outwards.

The marvel membrane is diff, the media versions is with the other comic earths.

Morrision will explore the new infinte multiverse later. Probably will contain lot if new earths with remixes and some defunct ones that isn't reborn in the local 52 version. Ex, superman red and blue or earth b for bob Haney.

Another thing is mxy remembers dead or pre rebooted universes. So not all of them are coming back.

Earth 7642 is a dc marvel crossover universe. Well one of them. There's another from a italian comic add.

He felt like being edgy for that story.

He's been even edgier too.

That story was a riot. Post the 9-11 page.

aquaman you coward

>Snapper Carr

I fucking guffawed.

Man I miss that guy. He been in anything in the past... well... decade?

Nigger when Mxy goes on a temper tantrum induced multiversal killing spree, you don't want to be in that multiverse.

He was a college professor in the Young Justice show

The Supergirl show he's a regular.

I remember he fucked Cheetah in Final Crisis

Cute. Statement on how umagical reality is.

Alex Ross was also a pretty good sport drawing the pages where he goes ballistic when he sees how photorealistic he's become.

He's the mainline Superman, the source of all the other versions, the only one published at the moment.

>Show has Mon-El, Martian Manhunter, and Snapper Carr on it as regulars

This kinda makes me want to watch the show but I have a low threshold for CW relationshit drama stuff.

>the only one published at the moment.

This is definitely not true. Did you forget all the shit DC is also publishing? Injustice, Earth One, that kids book by the Tiny Titans guys? Probably more but that's off the top of my head.

I feel like the romance is actually less cringe on CW than on CBS, but it's still not really a good show.

It's crap.

Yeah nice.

I like how the paint is coming off marvel.

Mr.Myx was relatively weaker pre-crisis. (superman has knocked him out)
Though I suppose its all part of his act

is this the same with batmite? especially the Brave and the bold one?

Probably.

Maybe he's one of the lost 7 worlds

Maybe with all the 5th dimensional beings. Just how powerful are they?

I actually kinda liked that story, at least the reveal that Superbro's landlady was Mxy's old flame...It was so out of left field that I just said, "Okay, sure. Go with that."

Supergirl's snapper carr hasn't snapped his fingers at all so he sucks

The only romance that really annoys me on that show is the one between Alex and uglylesbocop.

But that'd mean he died in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, and everything else he's done takes place before, right?

Sure. I think they once implied he's also the magic little imp guy from Fantastic Four.

maybe, but the 2 met before so idk

>Is Mr. Mxyzptlk always the same character not being affected by any reboot or adaptation?
Yeah, he's a higher dimensional guy. He's one of the only guys above basically all shit ever. This is literally all just a fucking game for him.

That's all it ever was, a game. Since he's so far above the gameboard that its less than a toy for him.

5Ds still aren't at the top. They've been defeated/killed by higher-tier characters before.

So does this mean very version of Bat-Mite is the same guy too?

Powerful as he is do you really think he couldn't meet himself like that?

Wait you're saying he has different lines sometimes? What a load of shit! He's a different guy every time he's not literally drawn by the same artist in the same poses with the same lines from his original writer.

Because he's on relatively good terms with the others. He thinks this Superman snubbed him so he's pissed.

The main DC multiverse is like a collection of video games for 5-D imps. He's every Mxy, but each Mxy has their own quirks because when you play a video game you play a character to fit the setting and tone.

Beyond Whatever Happened Superman killing him (which sort of didn't stick) no, they're top tier.

The only beings that come close are Monitors, and even they might be on a lower level.

Mr. Oz managed to trap Mxy for awhile, but he escaped when he really put forth effort.

During Crisis Times Five Qwsp defeated Spectre. Emperor Joker with 99 percent of Mxy power defeated Spectre and everyone else in the universe.

In Supergirl Adventures in the 5th grade Supergirl had to become the Right Hand of Creation to defeat Mxy.

So they're fucking powerful. Atleast Monitor level if not more.

How would the Source compare to a 5th Dimensional Imp?

He was aware of him, but I don't think they ever actually met face to face.

He might have thought Superbro was Superman given the time and memory magic Dr. Oz has been leaking throughout the universe.

Complicated. The Source is both void and Monitor-Mind. It's the mind of the reader where all the fictional worlds you've ever encountered exist.

So in one respect its you.

In another its the writer. The Source sometimes communicates to characters, particularly the New Gods. Jack Kirby sort of used it voice his will during is run. It told Orion to go to Apocalypse and then to Earth-kicking off the first New Gods story. It also presided over the wedding of Big Barda and Mr. Miracle.

So its complicated. It's not like anything could fight the Source anyway. Its not something that can be hurt.

Fitting how he's an edgy fuck in Alan Moores game

Since those pages are blatantly ignoring Morrison's version, no.

It's pretty good but they got Snapper, Jimmy, and Kat Grant completely wrong.

Its pronounced Mix-Yes-Spit-Lick

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow already happened.

I wouldn't put them at Monitor-level. There's already been multiple beings that have been outright stated to be above imps. Mxy himself has lost to other characters before. Superboy-Prime almost beat him to death and the Spectre took away his powers during Day of Vengeance (although Spectre has also admittedly lost some fights against 5Ds before as well). Also I forget what stories they were in, but there's 6D beings and 10D beings that completely overshadow the 5th dimension. Also a form of Sandman from The Endless has influence in the 5th dimension and has appeared to Mxy at least once. There is also the matter of Lucifer/Michael, who predate almost everything else in DC and would (technically) be indirectly responsible for the existence of stuff like Bat-Mite and Mxy.

DCAU Superman hates him.

Does he? I thought he just found him annoying?

>This is definitely not true. Did you forget all the shit DC is also publishing? Injustice, Earth One, that kids book by the Tiny Titans guys? Probably more but that's off the top of my head.

Those are not mainline Superman that are being published since 1938. They're just alternate version that spin out of the original.

5th dimension is imagination, so technically they're as powerful as you imagine them up to be.

because he feels this superman replaced him. 10 years and he didnt care

karamel is a lot worse because they have even less chemistry than kara and james

I don't know. Monitors are all about Stories and Imps are Imagination which is where stories come from.

>a form of Sandman from The Endless has influence in the 5th dimension and has appeared to Mxy at least once.
When?

including that time he destroyed the universe

>from world to world

Why hasn't Sup Forums made a list of hierarchy for DC characters?

Here. He was strong enough to put a 10D being to sleep.

>Superboy-Prime almost beat him to death

Everyone knows that was bullshit.

>Spectre took away his powers during Day of Vengence

All of magic jobbed to Spectre during it, and even though the story about a non-powered Mxy being cared for by Superman was really, really good the writers forgot that what the 5D imps do isn't "magic" like what Dr. Fate does.

>6D being and 10D beings

I remember that dimension of super-superheroes that appeared in Grant Morrison's JLA had a trophy room that included a 6th dimensional being trapped in a 7th dimension box but I'm not sure if beings beyond the 5th dimension have ever been shown.

And here I have been shown wrong.

>Lucifer/Michael coming before Bat-Mite and Mxy

Would they though? DC is literally just comic books to Bat-Mite and Mxy. I'm not sure how "old" the 5th dimension is but I don't think its existence is contingent on lower dimensions.

>Mopius lord of the ZZZZs.

>Being so boring he puts higher dimensional beings to sleep

Holy shit this is great. What's it from?

I'm glad somebody remembered this. This and Buried Alien are my favorite "not crossovers".

What's this from?

It's from this issue.

That issue pissed me off in three ways.

1 - Mxyztplk is a whiny dick now?
2 - So, Grant Morrison's stuff outright didn't happen now.
3 - No Prime Time. Fuck. I was really looking forward to that, too.

Ha. That goes some way to explaining this.

Imagination is crushed by reality. Always.

Don't forget, boys and girls. Prime is one of US.

1. He's always been a giant manchild. I was apprehensive about him kidnapping Jon until I read the Dini backup. I think Jon and Mxy have a lot of potential for interesting character interactions.

2. I'm still salty nothing really came of his cool Superman Revenge Squad and Captain Comet and that telepathic girl and the LOSH.

3. I'm still hoping for him. Watchmen is crossing over. Big Blue is changing continuity. You know Prime is pissed off and watching all this happen.

Prime time will come. Prime time will come.

It's not good to rely on him.

>the source of all the other versions

...No. You heathen, pagan, blasphemous little thing. Shame on you!

I wouldn't be so mad about no Prime time if they hadn't had so many obvious fucking clues pointing to Prime

>Earth 2 was finally saved in Convergence

>He never got to see it.

Fucking brutal. He survived his world, and then his world survived him.

>Imagination is crushed by reality.
That actually is a good way to spin that despite how dumb it is.
Reality > Imagination > Stories > Characters of Stories
Prime > Mxyz > Monitors/Empty hand > Presence/Lucifer

>Everyone knows that was bullshit.

No, it makes sense. Mxyzptlk is imagination and SP is one of us. Think about it. Basically, Prime is kind of like a Monitor, but an asshole Monitor. The Monitors are like the rest of us, they consume comics and subside on them, but Superboy Prime just wants everything to be the way he wants. And his vision sucks.

Superboy Prime. The Chris-Chan of the demi-god supervillain set.

...I wonder if Prime is anything like a match for whatever they turned Doctor Manhattan into.

1. He's regular old self. Dini did it great.
2. He was barely in the story himself. More tangential to Superbro and the imps involved.
3. Cry for Primefag. You deluded yourself despite contrary evidence and deserve disappointment.

>despite contrary evidence
Like fucking what

And then they went and ruined everything..!

>Calls me a Primefag
>Basically IS Prime

Okayyy...