Song to Song

Why did normies hate this movie?
I am not a Terrence Mallick fanboy but I still liked this movie.
All the shots of Goose and Mara were so cute and comfy
10/10

Not my favorite Malick but the shot when he's feeling Mara's face with the strobe gloves, and that quick 30 seconds of that techno song that plays right after Goose meets Blanchette for the first time, fucking stunning

If you liked this Knight of Cups will blow you the fuck away

This is my second Mallick film, the first one being The Tree of Life. Should I watch Knight of Cups if I liked this one? I have heard it's even more random than Song to Song.

>the shot when he's feeling Mara's face with the strobe gloves
10/10 scene

>10/10 scene

good taste.

I didn't even like Tree of Life, honestly. Knight of Cups is what hooked me onto Malick and convinced me this guy's onto something transcendent. All you need to know about Knight of Cups is that it's Malick's take on a dark night of the soul in modern ultra-elite party culture. The most spiritual film I've seen in years.

>All you need to know
You don't need to know a thing, it's pretty clear.
@OP
KoC is more random than StS, in the sense there is not a straight narrative, there is no point A to B, while ToL and StS kinds had this.

What is the point of using handheld long takes if he cuts them up

And I couldn't get through ten minutes of this shit. That narration is the most annoying fucking thing I've ever heard

You have a valid point but this style kind of growed on meto the point where I can't even imagine the Goose-Mara scenes without those cuts now

Am i the only one who hated knight of cups but liked song to song?

because without the cuts they'd be even more awkward

>Why did normies hate this movie?
I'll tell you the main reason. He's trying to do an improv thing, but he's a hermit out of touch with the world, so his already c-tier actors come across as student film-tier.

Somebody should do an edit of this film without the music.

This. I hate nu-Malick. He's like a parody of farthouse. Everything since Badlands has only gotten worse.

>out of touch with the world

Malick's more in touch with the world than 99% of directors right now, who you kidding mate

you can talk about spirit and love and allt hat shit without being some stereotypical hippie nerd weirdo like the jews tell you you must be

Malick lost it with "Into the Wonder."

He's done.

Fuck off numale.

He lost it with Days of Heaven

You're a fucking retard.

>people who like malick are the numales

hahahahah fuck off numale

oh nooooooo a low rating! tell me what to think imdb!

fuck off

This thread proves Sup Forums is full of normies.
His new movies just show plain and raw human emotion. That's it. Song to Song for example is about love. It's a simple love story. The film is full of beautiful shots of things couples do. Even Mara has a dialogue in the film where she says "Slower. It's a love story"

Is there any director's cut?

I read the raw footage is 8 hours or something like that.

Only malick movie I've seen is voyage of time which was pretentious dogshit. I downloaded knight of cups but have had zero desire to watch it, what am I in for?

Malick was a manlet prematurely balding nerd that used to get picked on at school so Badlands was his autistic fantasy of what being a bad boy is like and it was great. However that's the only interesting movie he has ever made. Days of Heaven has amazing cinematography and that's it.

>He lost it with Days of Heaven
Nah. Days of Heaven is kino.

Badlands
The Thin Red Line
The New World
Days of Heaven

The rest of his "films" are masturbatory wankery.

There's no director's cut as of now sadly. A lot of the cast was completely cut out of the movie

>pretentious dogshit

maybe if the dinosaurs had capes you'd be into it

>knight of cups
only numales give a fuck what vapid hollyjew cunts feel

>song to song
only numales give a fuck what vapid hipster fucks feel

>to the wonder
only numales give a fuck what upper middle class shits feel

Nu-malick is shit. Badlands is the only good thing he made. Fuck off numale

only numales have this much trouble relating to universal human experiences

fuck off already you pseud

Based
Badlands is his only really good film and knight of cups/days of heaven are his absolute worst

His christfaggoty is unbearable. He ruined thin red line with it.

>New World
kill yourself. sympathizing with fucking Indians

Days of Heaven is shit too

>feelings

you need to leave

>hurr durr christaggotry

fuck off to Sup Forums you fucking child

If malick wanted to inject Christ into everything, he should've learned from snyder

8/10 desu

No fuck off numale

No fuck off numale

I hope Malick gets over himself with his new movie, bros. i personally can't wait.

I hope he finally kills himself like his brother

ahahahah you weren't being ironic hoooooly hahahahahah

>hoooooly hahahahahah
Fuck off reddit

>thread about Song to Song
>no one is discussing the movie
Just make a Mallick hate thread you faggots but dont derail the thread. Fucking reddit

>I am not a Terrence Mallick fanboy

lmoa

Only redditors like Malick. They like all the shitty bands in song to song too

Radegund trailer when? Apparently he's using a traditional script for this one

this desu. Why can't people get something so simple.

>this threatened by a lone art director in an ocean of plebshit

you mad?

>art director
Only soyboys think film is art

>THIS fucking guy again

jesus christ

Where did I say I liked Mallick? You are derailing the thread and that's my problem. Discuss the movie and why you didnt like it. You not liking the director has no relation to the movie. Newfag

How does being simple make it good? If anything it makes it worse.

It's confirmed shit Now fuck off

As far as I know, he used a conventional script in his other feels too, but he generally ignores it during production and/or post production

I hate faggot plebshit retards like you. I really do.

Fuck off soylent bean

It makes it very real. There is no exaggeration and only raw emotion. Think of it like a documentary about love but shot beautifully

He didn't. But he claims that Radegund is going to have a more standard structure

>Radegund will have a more structured narrative than Malick's previous works according to the filmmaker, who stated, "Lately – I keep insisting, only very lately – have I been working without a script and I’ve lately repented the idea. The last picture we shot, and we’re now cutting, went back to a script that was very well ordered."

Film isn't art, numale. This is the part where you hang yourself with your scarf, femboy

fuck off griffithfag

kek you are proving yourself wrong again reddit. I dont like mallick. But you being an asshole derailing the thread. Its not about mallick. Its about discussing the film.

>documentary about love but shot beautifully
Fuck off faggot

>wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why aren't my flickering images considered art???
>look I quoted Heidegger!! take me srsly wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

americans are pseuds, water wet, sun will rise tommorow

>you being an asshole
look at this pansy

>That narration is the most annoying fucking thing I've ever heard
Malick spend over a year editing Days of Heaven back in 1976 before getting an actress to do voiceover and incorporating it. It ties the film together like nothing else, and so you can expect 2+years of editing troubles with the eventual solution being voice over to have an impact on the rest of his films.
>I couldn't get through ten minutes of this shit
You should realize that without the narration, the film would have to span multiple hours in runtime to deliver the same exposition. Are you not familiar with Malick's other work, because your response to "this shit" seems very reactionary and anti-art, as if you expected something else and couldn't wrap your head around it.

t-the normies hate it s-s-so guys we must like this one!

>I didn't like it so you are faggot for liking it
If you didn't like its fine. No need to spam it faggot. It would be better if you discussed why you didn't like it

>Malick's a pseud
Thanks for admitting it.

now overdose on your anti-depressants soyboy

you sure showed me, damn

>narration
>dialogue
How can film be taken seriously as art if it's still depending on literary means

>passive aggression
surest sign of a soyboy. go marathon woody allen flicks faggot

It's objectively shit.

haha nigger you're so mad you're too dumb to get malick

Fuck you capekiddy

There'd have to be something to get. >muh feelings
>muh soy

Top 3 of this year for me easily. I enjoyed it a lot.

Confirmed tryhard

There's nothing aggressive in a Malick flick. everything cushioned like a pillow for soyboys
Malick - Marvel
Snyder - K I N O

Confirmed soyboy

I'm sorry your life is so empty you gotta troll this thread with this shit, I've been there desu

>troll
Fuck off r/movies

>snyder kino
You know this meme is old , right?

I thought Knight of Cups was 10/10, Song to Song ehh, but the Voyage of Time extended cut was pure kino. Anyone else?

Are you meming here or what? How can you be taken seriously if you still depend on oxygen?

>meme

>How can you be taken seriously if you still depend on oxygen?