Now that Zach Snyder has been revealed for the hack he is for the 20th time can we just admit this movie was shit?

Now that Zach Snyder has been revealed for the hack he is for the 20th time can we just admit this movie was shit?

Even if you pretend to like the comic you can an at least admit the movie is stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're just too stupid for anything that is not 1,5 hrs of action and jokes, deal with it.

No

How can people not like this movie? I still remember that trailer.

Yeah it's shit. It's not even because it's a poor adaptation. Plenty of movies aren't 100% faithful to their source material but still have a lot going for them as a film in their own right (such as Stanly Kubrick's the Shining). Watchmen just sucks.

>can we just admit this movie was shit?
Yeah sure

>Even if you pretend to like the comic
>pretend
Ok, wait what? You've lost me

The only good thing Zack Snyder can make is good trailers for his shit movies

What a great movie. If you talk shit about Watchmen you're either too attached to the idea of a 100% comic faithful adaptation or you got some bias in your head against it or Snyder before you even saw it.

It was good, but Zack Snyder made it worse with the action scenes being all shitty slow down speed up nonsense. Felt out of place.

Explain in detail what makes the movie good

Shoo shoo little brainlet.

Zach Snyder misses the point of his subject matter.
You're getting Zack Snyder to make an ALAN MOORE story. You don't hire mcdonalds to cater to royalty.

Nah, i dont have to.

This was his only good movie though because he copied it frame by frame. 300 was shit and the definition of style over substance

I liked Watchman. Pretty much everything Snyder has done otherwise has been garbage though. He has a good eye, though, a lot of his shots look pretty nice to me, but he's basically incompetent at everything else.

Well he missed the entire point with his glorification of violence and absence of colour, 2 things Moore makes apparent af in the comic

Also changing the giant mutant monster for a nuclear bomb at the end was a poor choice

>You're just too stupid for anything that is not 1,5 hrs of action
>Snyder elongates and glorifies every action sequence and cuts out alot of the smaller better character moments
Are you insane?

The movie is great

I think you mean can't

The Gerard Butler comic strip stuff was unnecessary but the Directors cut is legit great
I dont know what else to say other than maybe Marvel flicks are more for you

It's evident that he only made it to make it "cool" and doesn't understand Watchmen.

Also Dr. Manhattan instead of the squid was retarded.

So in other words you can't?

Watchmen was stellar. Moreso the comics.

I'm sorry you didn't like them.

Good movie, fucking pathetic adaptation,

Yeah, whatever mate. If that makes you happy you can tell your friends that you won an internet argument. Still doesn't make me explain anything to you.

Snyder fans everyone

the 3:30 hour version is 10/10

Except he didnt

This poster is crowded af

God tier opening credits, very good casting except for Ozymandius. Everything else about it was fairly shit.

How didn't he?

I enjoyed everything about it other than maybe all the pop culture music. You weren't having a good time whenever Rorshach was on screen?
Did you somehow really not enjoy this scene? youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ

Based Manhattan.
Movie was also a great fag detector.

This flick, while flawed, has some pretty fantastic memorable scenes, opening credits, birth of Manhattan, Rorschach in prison, any scenes with the comedian

Damn I assumed by the timestamp that was the full scene but it ended too soon, my bad.

Everything you listed plus the All Along The Watchtower flight to Ozymandias' base made the whole thing

Easily the best looking superhero film ever.

>anons unironically preferring the LMAO AYLIUM MUTANT SQUID MONSTER version over one that makes much more sense contextually
Jesus, Sup Forums. Get a grip.

Where can I watch this?

watch the 4 hour directors uncut version and you will see it's a masterpiece

Not crazy about it because I don't like the comic. Can't say Snyder didn't do a spectacular job with it. Don't agree with him on the ending but hey it's Hollywood. 300 is a more pure kino.

>Don't agree with him on the ending
Why not? Exactly the same as in the source.

The squid was the only thing that i wasnt ok in the comic. But well, thats how the author made it. Anyway, im glad they changed it in the movie.

Uh no it isn't

>Hi I'm a huge pleb

The nuke thing is actually way stupider.

well, specifically owl man punches oxymandias like a brodude instead of fucking princess whatsherface on a towel

Not exactly

Putting Owl Man there when Rorschach dies makes the next scene even more jarring when he's seemingly instantly over it

It was set during the nuclear arms race when everyone was in dread of the enemy pushing the button first. In that context it makes much more sense than a lolsorandom alien attack.

Snyder didn't understand how the comic tried to subvert the medium wherever it could. He played it straight and literal. A less faithful adaptation that functioned similarly to the comic but to superhero movies rather than superhero comics would've worked much better. Snyder's probably too dumb to attempt something like that.

Its insanely good movie and best capeshit there is. Its so good you cant even call it "capeshit". It is sometimes dumb but comics dumb so it didnt count. Can believe that same person who made this also made MoS and BvS.

Nahhh ... A dude made a flick right out of the material. That’s all. Okay how would YOU adopt the material, graphic novel into respectful feature length film ?

How did this movie happen? This movie, at this time. I don't get it.

Watched it for the first time. Thought it was a solid 7/10.

Then I read comic , rewatched movie for 2nd time, it was bad.

The comic book of Watchmen is famous because it breaks all the established "rules" of comic books. So how does Hack Snyder translate it onto the screen? By making an absolutely conventional, glossy, exaggerated, inappropriately colour-filtered and cartoony comic book movie which repeats the visual motifs of the source material like a parrot repeating broken fragments of it's owners argument with the tv repairman. This movie established once and for all that Zack Snyder shouldn't be allowed near superheroes... and yet...

>All Along The Watchtower flight to Ozymandias' base made the whole thing

Since the action is on mars where the song starts, I have to say this is one of my favorite kino moments of the story of cinema.

I dont know how old are you, but when the comics was released the whole space squid was saw as a b-movie kind of deus ex machina, not bad but not good.

>Putting Owl Man there when Rorschach dies makes the next scene even more jarring

Nite Owl is there just to project the audience into the scene. Comics and Cinema are diferente mediums.

The argument for the tentacle monster is that it's so ludicrous, no-one would EVER believe that someone just 'made up' a tentacle monster, give it memories about destroying humanity, then spend billions of dollars on a phoney inter-dimensional institute only to teleport it there and kill millions of people.
It's absolute madness. There is no way anyone could even conceive of it being a man-made plot. You have to take it at face value. What's more, because it died during transport, it's obvious that these beings are killable, thus you can fight them. And they are 'other'.
Now let us reflect on Manhattan. Firstly, America made him. Do you think the world would so easily forgive America for all of this just because 'Oh he hit a couple of our cities too!'. What's more he gives no reason to unite after the attack, there's no message to go with his menace; it just seems like a capricious act...and then he vanishes, with no promise to attempt it again like the tentacle monster- no great malice against humanity.
And if he were to come back...humanity can't stop him. There's no use in an alliance against God. And then there's the fact that his energy signature can be replicated, and as that's all people have got to go on to say it was him...it's flimsy evidence that he is the one directly responsible for what is essentially an act of mass terrorism.
There's far too many holes in it. The squid makes sense BECAUSE it's ridiculous, not in spite of it.
ON TOP OF THIS, one must also consider that the squid represents something else which the Manhattan bombs do not- that patent Silver-Age ridiculousness which Watchmen jabs at, and how it would translate into a grounded world where it's taken at face value. The Manhattan bombs offer no such context, and don't offer any extra depth of discourse as the Squid does- the usage of nukes is already a strong theme without them. It's literary chaff.
In summary: Squid good, bombs bad.