Supernatural

You're in charge of writing a monster of the week, it can be set during any season of the show

What monster do you use? Location? Setpieces? Any twists?

bump

Chupacabra in the Cali/Texas region

Jersey Devil

Flatwoods monster (either a fairy or a new monster)

Clinton Road with ghost sightings that are ultimately because of druidic cult activity (to utilize most of the urban legends in this road)

Just more American legends in general so they could return to their roots every now and then

now who ever posted this reply two days ago, I need to know what you meant by "closer to the Winchesters"

I think he meant since they film in Vancouver, thanks for response

kinda fishing for ideas myself, making a hunt for an amnesiac and a priest on his first hunt

They had eve, why not Adam? Why does Eve get attention?

Maybe something with mind control that can make them do whatever and they don't kill it.

I remember a rumor that Jason Voorhees would appear on the show. They probably couldn't afford it so maybe get some D-list monsters like Wishmaster, Jacob Goodnight, Puppet Master, Killer Clowns. Or the DBD Killers.

That wasn't THE eve though, kinda confusing and dumb I know

Like Pusher from X-files? That shit was dope

They scrapped vorhees because it would have made the episode too campy for what they wanted iirc, was the dreamscape one

I went to Clinton road with some friends late at night to the penny bridge with the boy in the river, we parked on the side of the road and got out to check out the bridge, and I heard a sound on the other side of the road (under the bridge) and went to go check it out and right when I did a drunk driver came roaring around the corner and hit the railing right where I was 2 seconds before that.

Freaky

Fucking

Shit

Oh right I see I thought it was eve eve. Yeah sort of like that but the character isn't inherently bad, they do some things which are questionable and some things which are good, so they don't have an excuse to kill it off. They touched on humans with psychokinesis in that episode where all the cartoon stuff happens, they have mediums, they have witches so why not telepathic/psychic? I really don't like what they've done with death btw, I miss old death he was too good to be killed off.

What about Andy in Simon Says? They couldnt kill him outright and he mind controlled people though, didn't work on sam though

>google flatwoods monster
>pic related

jesus fucking christ

You planning to write your own story?

Wait you mean just a driver or in his car? Either way maybe the ghost boy possessed him. That or that was one of the real life hunters trying to warn you not to summon the boy

Psychics had a steady presence in the show for a while now as early as s1 and as recent as s13

Could make for an interesting case

I plan to use it at some point, even more creeped out when I found out she's apparently twice the size of a human

And running a story for the tabletop RPG, gives me a chance to flex my creative muscles, cruising this thread and /x/ right now

Just look up american legends and cryptids

Dean and Sam go to Japan to find a missing hunter's daughter. Yada yada yada, they end up in a ghost battle royale in Suicide Forest on Mt Fuji.

I think Sup Forums could write a better episode than 99% of the ones they poop out these days

I'm leaning towards a ghost story (seems a bit vanilla though I'd have to make it interesting), or something with a grey aesthetic, can update on my progress if want

If we meet the huntaa (basically nipponized "hunter") that trained Bobby on his first hunt (against an Okami) that would be amazing

t. guy who read Bobby's Guide to hunting blah blah

>tfw I'm going there in january

is Bobbys guide to hunting a good read?

In suicide forest????

Idk about that but Tokyo and Kyoto were incredible. Went there last year with my girl.

I wish we see more hunters from other cultures but not as little bads like the BMoL. I want to see how the huntaa operates

Also we never had a legit mummy case. Buffy had one with an incan mummy brought in through a museum so it doesn't have to strictly be egyptian

Like all published works, its canon status is doubted but from what ive read it fits in the references/narratives we've seen from bobby's backstory. It also gives some lore on dragons and Eve and how the five dragon swords were made and why.

IIRC they also fought a pagan deity in that book.

It's a good supplemental read.

Creepy episode set entirely in a train which seems to be going nowhere in pitch black, with some disturbing shit occasionally happening and weird cosmic stuff outside, ending would be unsettling and mysterious

Episode would start with them in the station, with some weird but not apparently supernatural behaviour (3 men in grey suits standing perfectly still staring at nothing etc)

does it use real world lore at all?

How about instead of being pitch black all the way through, everytime it enters a tunnel, somebody dies

i tried writing my own series before and i had this arc about a cult trying to summon an interdemensional being and they first started experimenting on an elevator and then a subway before trying the whole city. Never made it past connecting the origin backstory to the modern times though

Sam and Dean vs. those hopping Chinese vampires.

An episode where there's a fart ghost that possesses Dean and he keep farting in the impala but the doors and windows lock and Sammy can't do anything but take the braps from Dean until he dies.

I mean bobby went to japan to escpae karen's death and his next encounters were with japanese kaijus (the ship he stowed away on had japanese sailors) iirc

Sounds pretty rad lad, tell us more if you want

Reading this thread just reminds me that the show is just reusing shit 80% of the time and there is so much interesting shit they could be doing

Crowley ensnares the brothers to collect a debt from an immortal businessman by fulfilling three impossible wishes for the businessman.
>Steal a business rival's sky scraper
> entertain his dead brother by letting him possess one of the boys and taking him to a wedding reception
> finding an old rose he gave to his wife 100 years ago.
After completing the wishes, Crowley stripes the man's soul and takes him to where evil incarnate dwells.

So, hearts of stone?

Witcher 3 is closest we will get to an spn game

Yes, Heart of Stone would have made a decent Supernatural episode.
They've already got a likable crossroads demon.

Just finished season 11, starting 12. It had weak points before but this is just shit. Suddenly bongish MOL shows up and owns the guys just so their mother can get some screen time as a badass?
I could get past the battle between God and his Sister, done with a budget of $5 and a shoelace, because performances were enjoyable all around, but this is to much.

Oh that cult is only like the first season of it. Series starts with a group of people with some knowledge of the supernatural (obviously this is heavily inspired by supernatural, and others like xfiles, buffy, angel) and as the series progress, the mytharcs get heavier until the origin story is revealed

But to keep it short (i still want to work on it and try to develop it in the future so sorry if i want to keep it very simple and mum)

>small group of people (we'll use "hunter" as placeholders) who investigate paranormal crap
>run into the cult quite a few times
>arc finale is the cult blocking off an entire city from the world to use it as a stage for opening an interdimensional portal
>cult is defeated but something slips through

>said entity works to weakens earth's barriers from other dimensions
>hunters try to take entity down
>entity is too powerful
>hunters eventually realize entity wasn't the one the cult was trying to summon

>entity was at war with the one being summoned and was trying to summon more of its kind
>these opposing entities are immortal and have been at war since the beginning of time
>could only banish each other but never kill

>entities reveal earth used to be part of the other immortal dimensions
>the very first of the immortal races made a grave mistake by separating earth from the "all-plane" (multiverse) and taking away immortality of men created a turning point in the war
>turns out men can kill immortals
>different factions now try to control/coerce men or control earth to alter the course of war with other immortals
>hunters now have to deal with the multiple rising threats

There's way more backstory in the drafts but yeah. The origin story is so much easier to write. Coming up with the immortal names, powers, other dimensions. It's the modern times i can't write for shit because the fuck do i know about the cities of america and how to work that into my story

You don't have to set it in america

Toronto is boring

>tfw no Medusa MotW episodes appearing more often.
Location... as we usually done ever leave USA, probably some misty forest, and ultimately an indian cave would make for a more interesting final boss arena rather than the usual house or abandoned warehouse
Plot twist: Shes a good girl with an evil mother (used, I know, but I like it)

I thought they were zombies

It was good. I thought it was a good fit for Bobby's backstory. The stuff that happens on the boat trip to japan is sort of dumb though.

>Boston
>people disappearing near sewer entrances
>find a race of degenerate fish-men living beneath the streets
>worshipping a slowly recovering eldritch being
>only twist is that Angels and Pagans aren't the only top-tier entities still on Earth

I've always wanted Supernatural to go a bit more Lovecraftian.

Should I tell him, lads?

What?

Yep makes me annoyed they wasted the format to instead do big overarching plots no one wants. I mean I get why they did it, because of money and it's easier but still.

Season 6 had an entire episode dedicated to Lovecraft. The arcs of s6-7 dealt heavily with Old Ones. Within the context of Supernatural's twist of course

If I remember correctly he was just tangentially involved though, it didn't go full Lovecraft themed imo

So what's your point? I want Supernatural to go a bit MORE Lovecraftian.

The show literally implied his mythology of "otherworldly dimensions" was Purgatory and the lovecraftian entities were the most ancient beings in Purgatory such as Dr. Visyak's race and the Leviathans

I dont mind that but how will you reconcile it with what we already have? A levithan offshoot? Eve returning?

>I dont mind that but how will you reconcile it with what we already have? A levithan offshoot? Eve returning?

Some connection to the Cosmic Entity instead.

Sam... Are you cthulhu?

Have it be awakened by Jack or the interdimensional tear as well would suffice.

And instead of being a levi, it was the beast eve made when she was last on earth 10,000 years ago to make it separate

Make it actually monstrous and tentacled. They dont even need to show the whole thing. Say a building is infested by it and their budget should be able to afford a tentacle here and there, slithering in and out of sight as the boys walk through corridors

And maybe just a huge room with its core/maw

Eve doesn't need to have made it, can be an offspring of the entity, azathoth had a bunch

>>turns out men can kill immortals
I like this twist

Like nyalarthotep, space between realities could house entities offspring

FUCK they need to ditch this angel shit,have this shit for the mytharc while going back to darker motws

The entity is his own being and the empty is its own dimension. In-canon, purgatory holds the lovecraftian equivalents

Eve is underrated and underused which is why i want her back. Or at least references to her

Not really, the entity is clearly Lovecraft inspired, more accurate depiction than anything we've gotten so far

Thanks, user. I wonder if i can pitch this to Kripke

Best bet for S13's Big Bad?

Dark Jack?
Asmodeus + Shedim?
Luci / Mike?
The Entity?

BMoL were treated badly, they should have made that better, it had potential but America gon Meric.

don;t know what was worse, the shitty british stereotypes that only americans who've never met a brit could believe, or the fuckload of bullshit macguffins they could have

>one of their weapons is an egg that can exorcise an arkangel
>angel knuckledusters

fuck off with that dumb shit

The angel knuckledusters seem heavily inspired by hellblazer among other things. Not too outlandish to m

Especially in a show about ghosts and angels and demons

The knuckledusters are the same ones that are in the previous seasons if you pay attention to when Sam and Dean open the Impala weapon trunk.

Not even trolling and none of the actors that played the BMoL were Brits, they were all Canadians and one Irish guy (Mick LOL).

>you can carve mystic spell shit on pistols and bullets to kill anything but not on any other weapons
Ruby's knife says hello,faggot

Abaddon was stabbed with Ruby's blade and it did nothing.

Reading all this I think they should have "broken" the show after the fifth season. Make the truth out there in the open where everyone would know about the supernatural reality after the apocalypse. All the hunters could have official backup and so on. Now that would have been different and interesting and a perfect world for the brothers to evolve.

Obviously that would have been impossible since their budget was already at that point smaller and smaller but one can always dream.

To add the BMoL need to come back, the "old men" were the ones that sent those useless ones there and need to spank Sam and Dean and make them apologize.

>need to spank Sam and Dean and make them apologize
What kind of fetish is this

Question for you all...remember back in season 7 when the two leviathans took dean and sam's shape then went on an interstate killing spree? Dean and sam were on every news broadcast and were presumably the most wanted men in the country. How did they ever clear their names from that?

This usually ruins a franchise more often than not

And? Alastair didnt die from the kurdish blade as well. The point is weapons imbued with spellwork are omnipresent on all fantasy works

That's not even the first time. They were on federal lists thanks to Eriksen circa s2-s3. They "died" from there.

No explanations this time. I just remember dean casually saying "That's not us. We get that a lot"

They even got arrested for attempting to kill the president no?

They faked there deaths again using the leviathan bodies which were still in their form

Why did he have to die?
Why did Rowena have to die, bros?

Somehow, I forgot he died.

getting stale

honestly id love for the show to stick to sam and dean for a while and then try to build up a new supporting cast. TFW 2.0 seems to be including Jack but we need some poon in that team like pic related

I hope Claire carries the spin off well

motw with an unwanted baby ghost, wants affection from mother kills her over the course of few nights, moves on

Some creepy grudge shit, mother or woman has to hug the ghost and name it to put it to rest

She looks so different now

jo 2.0? give me

everybody left huh

I stopped posting because we went from cool creepy shit to season 13 which is depressing

It depends on the other two too.
So far not impressed with Patience (meh episode btw) and I'm a little bored of Jody.

We need an episode of Cas in a female vessel having sex with Dean finally. Cas has been female before so they could make it work.

>He gets drunk
>They do it
Then episodes of awkwardness afterwards. Make it happen CW.

Since it's for the tumblr crowd I hope they can grab all the tumblr shit from supernatural and contain it in there

well steer the conversation back then

here, i'll contribute

>Marie Laveau
the voodoo queen. Could make for a nice stand alone

the Grand Coven was underutilized and had too few salem references. Witchcraft and witch hunts were huge in American folklore.

Fuck off this was a good thread

get out

im not impressed with Patience, as well
Alex is meh
Jody is okay
Donna is okay but a little too perky for me. Kinda ruins the atmosphere at times
another one is set to be introduced. apparently she can "walk between worlds in her dreams". Astral projection? Half-reaper?

Man I hate witches wish the show did more witch slaying, they could be big bads or at least recurring

Make it creepy like The Witch, not meme like rowena

>Marie Laveau
American Horror story have used her, although American Horror story had Mary Eunice and they talk about Mary Eunice in the episode when they try to find a pure bone to kill Dick Roman.

yes, thank you. Rowena was an interesting character but she was too memey and does not feel like a threat at all. AHS Coven had some good portrayal of pissed off covens and boy they could do real damage

I already mentioned Chupacabra earlier. It's basically canon and always referenced but we never had an actual episode about it

Aren't they building up to a creepy witch thing with that gay black guy?

>American Horror story have used her
yep, which is why I mentioned her. I would like to see Supernatural's version. Constantine had Papa Midnite as a powerful voodoo priest. Their rituals always brings a nice touch of creepiness in a show.

>mfw i'm the only person that actually liked AHS coven
I don't have a face but I agree the witches in supernatural could be better, they are all too campy and weak.

>Make it happen CW.
No no, male vessel or no deal.
Female vessel can stay for half an episode though.

>Astral projection? Half-reaper?
That would be cheap. I want more normal humans, not snowflakes, even more if they are girls.

How many shitty backdoor pilots are we getting? Jesus