Is this worth it?

I've seen the threads and mostly is about the waifu. She's cute, but I'm not looking for that right now.
Want to know if the show is worth seeing as a legit sci fi thing.
I like BSG, The Expanse and Stargate, I'm tired of sjw bullshit just because, but I have no problem with random drops of diversity, if done right. Also I like comfy things and/or smart shows. Should I watch this? How is the real quality of it beyond waifus?

garbage
also macfarlane's raging homo look is unbearable

It's comfort food for Trekkies that want more of the same tired ideas done again, except worse and with (mostly) bad jokes. Taking tired Trek ideas and redoing them might be fine if the show was actually satirizing them, but most of the time the show actually plays them completely straight except with the crew acting like jackasses.

There's been maybe one episode so far that I would consider an actual good episode of scifi, the rest is just "it's kinda like Trek except with a more laid back crew", which has its charm but I wouldn't consider it an genuinely good show.

Its TNG with some snark added. Its good. Everyone is believable as a character. Its very comfy. They're not trying hard or attempting to be edgy. They're just rolling along, getting into situations which are occasionally serious. It has a lot of levity to it to keep it from becoming a drag.

I watched the pilot and holy fuck it was boring. Lame plot, lame characters and lame humor.
People tell me the show gets better later but the pilot was so awful I just can't bring me to watch another episode.

yes
rotten tomatos-reading, metacritic-worshipping leftypol reddit trashcunt

Pilot was pretty good then it turns into boring cookie cutter episodes like season 1 of TNG

$0.25 has been deposited into your All Access CBS account

MacFarlane's cock has been deposited into your asshole

no fucking shit it was bad you watched the damn pilot, you dumb cunt

supposedly sci-fi comedy but you only get some sci-fi and awful comedy

Aw, I triggered the shill

>MacFarlane's feminine cock
ftfy

>MacFarlane's cock
>implying you wouldn't

i liked it, it's not that serious and easy going i think
people who hate it are probably edgy faggots who like new punisher

Personally I lOVE it. Best science fiction since Star Trek: The Next Generation and proof that Seth MacFarlane is a master of not only comedy but drama too.

stop thinking of it as a comedy and you will enjoy it 10x more.

>waifus
What is this autism? It's a live TV show.

that is the problem of edgy faggots
they call everyone edgy faggots when they don't share the same opinion

that is how you spot an Sup Forums poster desu senpai

You are an idiot, but that joke was pretty great. Thanks user.

mcfarlane has so far correctly predicted the hollywood pedo crisis, including specifics about weinstein and spacey
he has now made the prediction that women are consistent cheating whores. now we wait and see if that indeed turns out to be true

This basically. The reason the RT is so low is because reviewers who fucking hate MacFarlane shat on this by association.

That's been true for centuries. What is there to confirm?

OP here
For all the posting, sounds like meh tier with more appeal to trekkies
Not much of a trekkie here, so it doesnt sound like it my thing, no offense, trekkies, glad you enjoy it.
That leaves only the comfy part as the only reason why I would watch. How comfy is it?

didn't you watch, it was because of his pheromones

It's not really an unjustified hatred IMO. I have to say I agree with the reviews if they're viewing it as simply a comedy, because the show has, across the 10 episodes I've watched, made me laugh maybe 4 or 5 times total.

It scratches an itch for me for classic Trek style stories, but I feel it's mostly a failure as a comedy. For me the jokes only make the characters more believable in that they're willing to shoot the shit with each other, but it usually fails in actually making me laugh.

pretty comfy, everything is pretty colourfull
and team gets together easy and they are actual friends and not arguing over everything all the time

I guess what pissed me off is the RT summary writes it off for not being gold after two episodes, while the RT summary for ST:D literally says “please please please keep watching after the first two episodes, it gets better we promise” it’s just mildly hypocritical.

I'm . I'm pretty critical of the show but I do watch it since I'm a Trekkie and it fills a void STD really doesn't.

It's mostly that it has the bright lighting and colorful feeling that most Trek series have (aside from STD, and I guess DS9 and some parts of ENT). Few people do it anymore, especially scifi shows, because I guess TV executives think it would look too artificial and corny?

watch and make up your own mind

>predicted

He just said what most everyone else already knew, but kept their mouth shut about. It's no secret that Hollywood is made up of pedophiles and glorified whores (actresses).

It's what happens when (((they))) run things

Yes it's worth it.