Anyone else excited for there to finally be a female villain in a comic book movie?

Anyone else excited for there to finally be a female villain in a comic book movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/thor-ragnarok-cate-blanchett-hela-villain
collider.com/thor-ragnarok-cate-blanchett-hela-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't Suicide Squad have a female villain?

Clickbait is getting lazier and lazier it seems.

hell, even the first Superman movie had a female villain

thats gotta be a shop, no one is that dumb to actually believe that

that bitch better be fucking hanged for the shit she did, unleashed a cataclysmic event and killed federal agents

Are you kidding? Women all over America marched for "equal rights" this week, which they quite literally already have.

It is a link to an actual article (collider.com/thor-ragnarok-cate-blanchett-hela-villain ). It's talking about her as the first Marvel movie female villain.

Mystique isn't a villain?

If I could destroy the person who wrote this with the snap of my fingers I'd do it. I'D DO IT.-

collider.com/thor-ragnarok-cate-blanchett-hela-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Looks like the tweet came from an artical referring to the first marvel female villain

>Collider dickriding the MCU and ignores that fucking Gone Girl had a female antagonist along with other movies before Thor 3.

Not surprised

Yeah along with Catwoman and I guess you could argue that X-Men did too.

>inb4 LOL BUT THOSE VILLAINS SUCKED

What about maya in iron man 3

They really couldn't squeeze in the word Marvel in their post? Even then what about AoS and Luke Cage? Both Marvel shows, both had female villains.

Ignored for clickbait purposes.

Actually, they probably just can't remember any movies older than a year ago.

nebula was a villain

And it's going to be shit like every other one of their movie villains. Equality all around!

Iron Man 3 would be a better movie if they make Madame Masque as the villain instead of fake Mandarin & flaming faggot

How do Marvel keep getting good press for their movies when they're just as bad as the DC ones?

This is the new world we live in, the studios and companies are using outrage to fuel free press for their product.

Sony knew Ghostbusters was going to bomb with their target audience. Solution? Invent a new target audience out of righteous indignation, all those women who bought tickets "just to show" men who dared to bash the awful trailer.

I guess modern superhero movies would start with 1989's Batman, and that franchise had a female villain in its 1992 sequel. Or Superman in 1979, it had a trio of villains in Superman 2 (one was female) and a trio of villains in Superman 2 (2 of the 3 were female).

Or we allow the 1966 Batman movie, which had a female villain.

Superman had a film in 1951 but didnt fight a single villain, but a race of invading "Mole-Men".

Before that, you've got Zorro movies.

Yeah, so lets start with '78 Supes and the villains already listed

Supergirl - female villain
The Mask - female villain
Batman & Robin - female villain
Hancock - female villain
Dark Knight Rises - female villain
GotG - female villain
Deadpool - female villain
Suicide Squad - female villain

The list goes on and on, and I'm probably forgetting twice this list. Who the hell can remember the plot points of most of the shitty X-movies? But honestly, how short term memory does one need to be to forget the just-out Suicide Squad and Deadpool movies?

To be fair, I think what they're trying to talk about is female MAIN villains. Those are still quite rare. There's almost always a bigger male villain behind the female one, or the female one gets redeemed by the end.

That's the kind of thing that annoys me most about this issue. People complain "waaahhh more female representation give us female villains!", but these same people are also incapable of getting over their collective whiteknight mentality of "Oh no you can't show her getting hurt you're promoting violence against women!". Thus female villains hardly ever get treated the same way as male ones. Doesn't matter how much of an evil bitch she is, can't show her getting a simple punch to the face. Gorey massacre of thousands of men directly on screen? Awesome! But a woman getting hit by a man, regardless of how evil she is? Oooooh no way. Audiences aren't comfortable with that.

Feminist gaslighting is permeated throughout American social media and thanks to America's soft power it spreads all over the western world.

All marvel's main vllians have sucked donkey dick, it should not be a sought after position.

>There’s so much untapped potential villainy in women. It’s really exciting. I think finally it’s beginning to be acknowledged that women and men want to see a diverse array of characters, and that’s race, gender across the sexual spectrum.

Mask of the phantasm as well.

around there people believe the wage gap between male and female is 25% so I wouldn't be surprised people believe OP. There's millions of normies whom only experience with the genre is Iron man and Avengers

>women and men want to see a diverse array of characters, and that’s race, gender across the sexual spectrum.

Can't wait to see the Hulk cornhole Ant-man.

>To be fair
It's not fair to defend lies and stupidity in any occasion, especially when fueled the belief of something that devolved into a fanatic terrorist cult over the past decade.

Ivy pretty much was the main villain of Batman & Robin though, she directly controlled Bane and if I remember correctly she manipulated Freeze into attacking Batman.

Ha ha

She's such a damn dirty hoe

> in before people correct me

Not how that works senpai

> Counting henchwomen as villains

>Sony knew Ghostbusters was going to bomb with their target audience. Solution? Invent a new target audience out of righteous indignation, all those women who bought tickets "just to show" men who dared to bash the awful trailer.
Bait please

They're talking about her being a female LEAD villain. I'm upset it took this long, seriously. And not for the same reason as everyone else who is out to feign affection just to fill in a gender gap.

It's the fact that so many cool female villains just haven't appeared or haven't been given a spotlight. There's a bunch I want on screen, and not as bit roles.
>Madame Viper
>Madame Masque
>Enchantress
>Jean Grey
>Madelyne Pryor

>Madame Masque
>aven't been given a spotlight

>They really couldn't squeeze in the word Marvel in their post?
Of course not, that would reduce the number of clicks.

love interest. He never jailed her but he sure railed her

How does Marvel do it?!

Actually I've yet to see Agent Carter at all, so I didn't know. My point still stands that there are still plenty of other female villains who deserve a spotlight too though.

Wasn't Madame Viper in The Wolverine as well?

That sidekick lady?

If we're talking about femvillains who need a real spotlight, or a place as lead then that hardly counts.

Call me when you have intersex recurring villain with their own nude scene.

We're talking about lead villains. Banes henchman #73 wasn't the chief bad guy of the movie. Neither is snake bitch

>10

Im pretty sure Supergirl beat this by 25-30 years

Nah son.
Female Lead villain for the Marvel films but the shows, DCEU and other shows and movies that aren't even comic related have had female lead villains. I'm not about to praise Marvel for finally catching up with everyone else.

Wasn't she a sweet and innocent snowflake that was tricked by an evil man to do bad things but had a change of heart?

>To be fair, I think what they're trying to talk about is female MAIN villains.

Supergirl. Again.

Suicide Squad? Batman Returns? The Dark Knight Rises?

What the fuck is going on over at Disney man?

>Non-canon cancelled snorefest
Yes, she hasn't.

People don't understand that the villain isn't some person the hero knocks out and isn't even given an afterthought. Yet they still wanna throw in "secondaries" as villains

B-but it's the CURRENT YEAR!

>female
>villain
Nah. She'll be the standard woobie with a sad, sad backstory that will make the Asgardians the villains all along instead. Women aren't allowed to be villains.

The Dark Knight Rises had Talia as the lead villain. Poison Ivy was the lead villain in Batman & Robin. Catwoman arguably had more agency in Batman Returns than Penguin.

>Le marvel tv is non canon meme
Stop.
>Snorefest
Now you're just baiting.

did you read the fucking thread?

> Having lunch with the "villain" and starting a new life with her

Try harder

Coulda swore it was Mr Freeze you dip

I keep mistaking Tilda with Cate for some reason.
Speaking of which, here's a female villain.

Miss Tessmacher?

Please raise your standards.

Collider are legit MCU shills. They mention it in a segment about Redlettermedia parodying them, and they say RLM are at least independent to get away with it. So of course they''re gonna ignore all other companies.

>Poison Ivy breaks Freeze out of Arkham
>Poison Ivy plants the seeds of discord and jealousy in the Batfamily
>Poison Ivy kills Nora to manipulate Freeze
>Poison Ivy comes up with the master plan to freeze the planet
>Batman and Freeze become friends at the end while Ivy gets punished

Freeze is literally as much of a lead villain as Two-Face is from Forever.

Boooo hooo. I don't recall SS parroting their female villain. Now why is that?

When does that happen?

>Poison ivy isn't the one that needed to be stopped to keep the earth from freezing

DC REALLY needs to start promoting their shit

I cannot believe journalists across the world are STILL enabling the wage gap myth.

It should be fucking criminal at this point

we've had them since forever, is this really something to celebrate?
ah fuck it, alright Sup Forumscks, tell me:
who's your favorite Sup Forums female big bad from any Sup Forums-related medium if we're gonna narrow it down?

Give me a fucking break

She is wrong about that but I am kind of mad they changed iron man villan because of gender.
Also mad they pussied out on demon in a bottle.

> Can't get anything done without Freeze
> Villain

I almost forgot Superman snapped her neck after Zod jobbbed with that whole plane thing

What about Dredd?

>Cruella
>Malevicent
>Red Queen
>that jelly ass queen from Snow White
>Cinderella's mom and sisters
>Ursula
>Yzma
>the witch from Tangled
What about them?

Women aren't allowed to be villains anymore, Cate Blanchett. You misogynist, you.

Malificent was the hero though

Sidekick tier doesn't count

"i thought the villain was the devil," Said every idiot ever

>it's a "Sup Forums justifies their misogyny with one retarded clickbait headline" episode
Lets get this party started

Whores get out.

Not even the first primary antagonist in a 2017 capeshit movie

'gaslighting' has never meant what you're trying to make it mean here, sorry

He's talking about Talia, dumbass.

So you'd say Doomsday was the villain of BvS, and not Lex Luthor?

But what about Enchantress, Poison Ivy, Catwoman 3 times, Mystique, Phoenix Jean Grey, Lady Desthstrike, or Faura?

Nigger, CATWOMAN had a female villain.

I think you meant
>MISS TESCHMACHEEEEEER!

It's all in the pronunciation.

Phoenix?

You're the only virgin here.

That's what I thought of too lol

Why is she called Hela?
Her name is Hel.

I want to fuck hela

Nobody actually does that, though. People are completely fine with women getting their shit kicked in as long as its an actual fight and not some guy just beating on a girl who can't defend herself.

That sort of villain white knighting is an example of the studios existing solely up their own asses. The audiences don't really give a fuck.

Because Ameritards can't comprehend Old Norse.
I remember reading about the outrage of "female Thor" and the author of the article making a point that she wouldn't be called "Thorina" when the feminine equivalent of Þór is Þórra. I know it's pedantry, but you'd think people would at least do some level of research on the source material.

Thanks to Marvel's pop-culture influence, most people rely on them for the images of the Æsir and Vanir rather than the old poems and sagas.

But wait.
Don't they still call the realm Hel in the comics? Was Hel too masculine for a goddess for Marvel or something?

What happened to Galadriel?

>never jailed her
Because she died.

>curses a child
>a decade later realizes she was a dick, but still coups the kingdom killing honest guardsmen who were just doing their job protecting kingdom from witch that cursed princess
>Hero