Genuinely made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in comics

Genuinely made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ll7gt0meuU

You too can become a better person.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You too can become a better person.
they have for comics and they do their own movies, that shit is forced diversity wich is wrong, what about more Europeans in Asian movies? or Africans? or Latinos? why not abbos ....

More diversity is obviously either a good thing or not a problem, but fucking with established characters is a no-no. Also, it gets a little overbearing as well when it becomes obvious that Marvel is just pushing a narrative for goodboybucks.

Diversity is only important in white products. They must be thought not to be racist as they were the ones who invented the practise of being prejudice towards others on account of race.

Why are women considered a minority?

Because if you see the world history, they have nothing to do with it, few rulers, few inventors, most of them were in te kitchen or raising childs and things like that

I'm latino, and I could genuinely care less about diversity in comics. I hate Miss America and I dislike the new Spider Miles. I liked Amadeus Cho, when he wasnt the Hulk. He was awesome. Now he's just a braggart idiot with Hulk powers. Kamala's okay, and I dont give a shit about Ironheart. She's not Ironman, and that's okay.She's her own thing, just dont care about her.

Diversity is overrated. I can love characters that arent my race or similar to me. If you need fictional characters to be similar to your race to feel inspired or feel hope in your life , you have problems. Get a life.

If you can only empathize with characters that are the same race as you...you're the racist. Not everyone else.

This.

I have no problem with diverse characters in the comics, but when you keep touting this diversity as the main selling point of your comic, the less interested I will be because you come off as a desperate sellout trying to pander to groups that don't read comics.

People still complaining about Scarjo when shes white instead of complaining that its Scarjo and shes just a shit actor and not fit for these roles. Boy i can't wait for her blank expressionless black widow roll again where she puts barely any emotion into what she says.

probably because it's the only thing that they are capable of doing

Which is perfect for Motoko Kusanagi.
Ever seen the OG GITS?
Bitch barely has an expression beyond either calm and cool, or angry.

Maybe its because i just don't like the way Scarjos expressionless face is it always makes her look like shes confused.

How do you feel about Ghost Driver?

I don't get it, was the girl just looking for manga in the store?

Also, the time period of those books combined with the movie is completely off. Did she grow 15 years in a day?

Little kids don't care about race. Period. They know we all look different, but they don't give a damn until they're older.

Doctor strange and Gwenpool are still white, they need to be reimagined.

Why is Dr Strange there, he looks same as always

this has to be an American thing, right? I'm Asian living in Asia and Scarjo being Motoko doesn't really bother me.

even those filthy Japs(Diaoyu Islands belong to us) think it's fine.
youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc

I thought it was weird initially, given that GitS very explicitly takes place in Japan and stars a woman named Motoko Kusanagi, until I remembered that the Major has a fully prosthetic body and thus can look whatever race you want.

>Making white characters Chink is good
>Making chink characters white is bad

That is called hypocrisy, my friend.

Wow, I can't believe the little girl got a sex change.

It's weird that this girl gets so uppity about not being catered to. I mean I'd be more interested in comics with gay sluts such as myself, but it's not a requirement for me to enjoy a book. I'm sure as hell not going to need a book about an Asian/Latino/White- mix gay slutty hero to be happy.

And this kid knows there are more manga in the world, right? Like, there's a gigantic market for it? With live-action and animated adaptations with all-Asian casts. White people tend to make white people more, Asians make Asians or tentacle monsters.

Also, I like how this PSA avoided showing off any books with non-white women. I know they're much less common, but still. Or did I miss them?

Making them white is bad, because it denies us delicious Asian Women.

WTF? I don't understand this PSA at all. A little girl didn't like american female heroes so got a GITS comic which caused her to grow up to be a man?

The concept is not of diversity really, just being open minded. I'm Asian and I don't honestly care about diversity much in comics, I like the white characters because it used to be all about good stories.

Now they want Asian/African/Hispanic people's money just so they can feel included when in fact they aren't. Just say that minority characters are going to get the spotlight for a bit, then go back to the white majority. Be honest, but I doubt DC or Marvel will say that.

Of course America is changing and no one can stop it, the whole thing is that they're trying to make some money off an honest thought or opinion about people...doesn't matter what colour or ethnic make up.

Wow, SJWs are SO close to realizing why people hate when studios change the race of traditionally white characters to meet race quotas. If only they weren't so blinded by their racism.

Literally that chinks

Isn't Ghost in the Shell super mature, violent and gory? And filled with mature content matter, such as course language and sexual themes?

Seems a little weird that the store owner is letting someone so young buy that book.

Well she's looking at Harley Quinn and Emma Frost for potential role models, so can't really get any worst then that.

I mean, maybe she doesn't know they're not great role models - she's literally judging books by their covers. GiTS has a "mature content" label, which the girl happens to be covering up with her hand.

Also, that Henchgirl book - why doesn't she look at that? The girl on the cover looks very Asian. (Though I don't think she is, from what I looked up.)

Most the mature content is sex and nudity, which is only bad for boys to see, it would probably help a little girl understand her body more.

>when she is a kid
>current year books
>when she is an adult
>current movies
what a lazy video.

Also,
>GitS is a kids comic

This. More little girls should be exposed to the concept of lesbian threesomes.

>Making peckerwood characters asian is bad
>Making asian characters peckerwood is good
Typical, Sup Forums. Just typical...

I mean, GitS is a book with panty shots and a lot of gratuitous fanservice.

>Little kids don't care about race. Period. They know we all look different, but they don't give a damn until they're older.
They care but they'll suck it up, they just get bitchy about when they're older

>GitS is a kids comic

This, people her age would pick up stuff like Naruto instead.

I've seen this multiple times, but I'm just now noticing how slanted they made ChoHulk's eyes.

GET IT

SCAUSE HE'S ASIAN

SCAUSE DIVERSITY

Who the fuck looks for a character that looks like them on the cover of comic books

Hold up, those comics in the beginning as her being a little girl is all recent ones, I saw Jane Thor's most recent comic for example, yet she's grown up by at least five years the next time we see her and the live action movie of Ghost in A Shell still haven't come out.

she's a time traveller

Your white privilege is showing. It's easy for you to say when virtually all heroes are caucasian males, but other marginalised groups have been denied a place in comics and is pleading with people like you to give them fair representation. Why is that a bad thing?

>Forced diversity
>White people are actually a minority in the entire world
>White people are over represented in all media

Not to suggest that this race-baiting, poorly-researched, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN-tier PSA actually activated my almonds

But what ARE some female asian led comics in the industry? Off the top of my head most asian-females are on teams (Jubilee, Katana) off shoots of males (Cassandra Cain, Silk)

What does it matter if they're on a team or an offshoot of a male character?

Also how'd you manage to miss Ms. Marvel?

Japan exists, stop being so ethnocentric,

>Ms. Marvel
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh there's no real way to say this without coming off as an asshole, but when I think Pakistani I really think more Middle East than Asian. Particularly when the comic makes more of a point of highlighting Islam over ethnicity. Ms. Marvel doesn't strike me as the type to appeal to really eastern-ancestry kids like the PSA seems to promote (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc)

Why don't you just look at any given manga or non western comic book?

Who consider ms. Marvel asian?

Not shit manga is a thing but the PSA's setting was in an american comic-book shop with a bunch of western comics, hence the question: are there any comics that star female-asians?

ITT: Marvel/DC issues.

The solution is basically to read other company's stuff.

There's a entire industry for asians it's called JAPAN and it's extremely popular. Funny enough BLACKS and mexicans read and like manga more than comics. So the idea you have to pander to them it's retarded, people as in buyers doesnt need to identify with the characters, they need to like the story and nothing more. That's why organic diversity always works but politically forced one doesnt.

Thing is Marvel isnt trying to get new readers, that is bullshit, it's just about getting FREE publicity from twitterretards and SJW. It's cheaper to bend to them than going to war against them , marvel doesnt care about the comics

There were clearly manga in there, as can be seen when she picks one up. There, that's her representation, even the ad makes that clear.

hmmmm...reelly makes u chink...

Post your childhood hero

When it comes to comics out from Valiant there is Doctor Mirage, Wayward is set in Japan and has an ensemble of mostly Japanese kids, there is also a lot of manga the kid might gravitate towards. Ironically every comic person who I met that like Iron Fist tend to be asian.

> implying "Asian-Americans" (Whatever generation of Chinese/Korean/Viet/Flip/Japanese/Indian/ and bi-racial etc.) do not have access to Asian television from around the world.

If anything I understand African-American's beef about representation because who the fuck broadcasts television from African countries? But no, that young girl has plenty of media to "find herself represented in" Gits is not "the asia-american experience" or whatever.

I randomly started watching the old Berserk anime last year due to boredom but stopped due to other shows cropping up. Griffith was really cool though

>Doc Strange's feet

>Squirrel girl's dislodged ankles and neck.

>Gwenpool's mismatching thighs.

>Wasp's fucked up shortening making her arms way too short.

> Whoever the fuck kid on the left where the artist didn't know how to draw rollerblades.

>the arms and thighs of the arrow girl.

>Miles' eyehole reflection making him look retarded.

Damn, and I thought the 90's superhero art was bad, holy fuck Liefeld draws better than this.

>picks a comic about a white cyborg
really makes you think

Or Raina Telgemeier books, though her earliest book was in 2010.

My mistake, should have chosen this screencap.

>Lives in a white majority country
>Upset when characters in a comic book don't look like her
Do white folk living in Japan get upset when they can't find comics about white folk in the local manga shop or is this pretty much just an American thing?

I think Moon Girl is the worst looking "character" in this. At least all the other have costumes that look decent. FFS When exactly did they start doing this shit? Supposedly they are going back to roots but, I have no faith in them actually doing it.

Pic = Marvel

>Do white folk living in Japan get upset when they can't find comics about white folk in the local manga
user, most Manga is about white people

The Japs don't care because they think the movie is for stupid gaijin. The movie could have had Scarlett in yellow face and they wouldn't care considering the dumb nigger, flaming faggot and cowboy hillbilly depictions they still enjoy using.

The Chinese don't care because they think the movie is for dumbass gweilo and the Japs can suck white cock. Most of Asia share similar sentiments.

Only retarded white folk think that.

No

Well I'm not sure about that. When I was a kid I loved Storm and Val from Josie and the Pussycats because they're good characters and they y'know looked like me.

Marvel tradition. Young, know-it-all characters get shitty costumes. For example, Kitty Pryde or Hindsight Lad from New Warriors.

>Mister Asia Spokesmen over here.
What's Eastern Asia's opinion on maki rolls and General Tso's while we're at it.

Lots of little kids are aware of their race and wonder why there's very few characters like them.

As a father and uncle, I've come to realize that diversity in comics only truly matters if you're a child. Children idolize heroes, they want to "be" those heroes. My 5 year-old black niece told me her favorite superhero (at the time) was Wonder Woman. I didn't have a problem with that, WW is probably the most advertised heroine out there. But then she said she wanted to be Wonder Woman, and have the same skin as her. So I started telling her about Nubia, Wonder Woman's sister, and she quickly changed her mind and said she wanted to be her instead of Diana.

TL;DR: Diversity is only important for children so they don't have self-esteem issues when they grow up. With that being said, Marvel fucked up by forcing everything so hard.

This right here.

You guys have no idea of what Milestone (and later the Static Shock cartoon) represented to some black kids, 90's me included.

Virgil is better than Miles though.

>Little kids don't care about race. Period.

Thaat's a lie, i'm from a country with no blacks and i HATED the token blacks before knowing they were token blacks, when i was a kid the only black guys i liked were pele and Micheal Jordan. I remember being 4 years old watching return of the jedi and hating seen Lando driving the Falcon dressed as Solo. Small kids don't have reasons to be racist, they just naturally reject people that doesnt look similar to them, especially dark skinned people for very good reasons, the same reasons Dogs hate blacks; we are extremely visual and in dark skinned people "reading" the emotions is harder if you are not used to that people, so kids and dogs that dont grow up around darkies will reject them.

Have you ever considered that watching western television changed your perceptions about black people without ever even meeting them in real life?

Why doesn't it suprise me that all the fucking people complaining about the GiTS movie aren't even fucking fans.

>Thaat's a lie, i'm from a country with no blacks and i HATED the token blacks

Same but I never gave them any extra consideration. I didn't even differentiate them on skin colour. I just thought they looked like any other people. Now I have opposite views. Funny how that works out.

>the same reasons Dogs hate blacks;
The fuck?
we are extremely visual and in dark skinned people "reading" the emotions is harder if you are not used to that people
?

PS HTF does Riri fit her hair in that helmet? Fucking Rainbow Avengers

>I could genuinely care less about diversity in comics.
"Couldn't" care less is the proper term, my fellow latinoanon

>and wonder why there's very few characters like them.
Kids may be aware of their race, but they don't care about liberal concepts like representation and diveristy.

Lots of kids do, just like this user said here . I remember being little and other kids talking about the lack of characters like them on the television too.

>Dogs hate blacks
>I only liked blacks that were good at sports
>I hated Lando because he wasn't Solo
>I hate black people because I can't read the emotions of their skin
so...you're retarded then?

>I couldn't care less
>Let me post my opinion

>Kids may be aware of race but don't care about representation
>You can't be superman, superman is white
>You can't be aquaman, aquaman can swim
>You can be the bad guy though
>No, you HAVE to be the black ranger

Jesus christ thats disgusting

only blacks care about ''representation''

That's because those kids singularly lack creativity. As a kid, I was a ninja turtle, a dinosaur, a green power ranger, a robot, Superman, and many others. And I'm Hispanic. I was aware of race as a kid, but that didn't limit me or anyone else I knew about who they connected to. This concept that "I only like who looks like me" is rubbish.

Lets see: Criteria.

Can or has held a solo title.

Western only.

Batgirl. Cass Cain
Silk
Psylocke should count as half.
Kamala Kahn
X23 should count as half.

That's a pretty short list.

I don't see why you would want to exclude offshoots of males, because legacy characters is pretty much all of western comics.

>Black people made Iron Fist lead run from social media.
>tumblr is black
?

Good thing we've got the Latino spokesperson to speak for us. People like you are the worst because you insinuate that you're above diversity but you're just an Uncle Tom trying to get cool points on Sup Forums.

Pathetic

1 autistic asian girl made the guy quit twitter because hes a bitch
and as you can see here most of Sup Forumsmblr is black yes

The tumblrite who ran Finn off of Twitter was an Asian female. Not black people.

Learn your facts before you shitpost.

They are lying m8, they are SJW. Just ignore them, also you are Mexican, not hispanic, let's build the wall ok?

fuck you im latino too and nobody here cares about your black struggle da man bringing you down shit kill yourself in your ghetto

What's your stance on the matter then? I mean, you're clearly Latino since you said so on the internet. Enlighten us.

Diversity doesn't sell. Check out any comic sales thread and you'll see almost nothing but white characters at the top. Even good stuff like New Superman isn't selling.

>1 autistic asian girl
See how she's not black?

if you can't follow whats going on mate, kindly shut up

Race doesnt, sale, characters do.
The industry is dying anyway