Mag-nazi-to

>What in the hell is going on over at Marvel Comics?! They've had some pretty stinky brain farts lately. First, they make Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, an agent of Hydra in Secret Empire. I absolutely hated that change. As you know Hydra has long been associated with the Nazis so the fact that Captain America is now working with Nazis bugs the shit out of me. It gets worse, though.

>Marvel has revealed that Magneto is also a part of Hydra and working with the Nazis. It was revealed in a series of "Villains of Hydra" variant cover art by Dan Mora. They include characters such as Baron Zemo, Madame Hydra, Crossbones, and Sin, and then there's Magneto.

>Yeah, I understand that Magneto is a villain, BUT he's a freakin' Jewish Holocaust survivor who hates Nazis and anyone affiliated with them. Magneto's origin story focuses on his hellish survival of the Holocaust and the Nazis. Because of that, he has always harbored a deep loathing for the Nazis and thus Hydra, because the organization was founded by Baron Von Strucker and supported by Nazis like the Red Skull, who he actually locked away in a fallout shelter at one point to get revenge for what he did during WWII.

>None of this makes any sense. It goes against everything Magneto stands for. I'm not sure why Marvel Comics is rolling forward with this, but I'm not cool it. What do you all think about Magneto joining the side of the Nazis?

TL;DR Magneto's gon' be a Nazi

geektyrant.com/news/wait-magneto-a-holocaust-survivor-is-now-a-nazi-in-the-marvel-comics-what?utm_content=buffer977a3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Hydra isn't a nazi organization you stupid mouth-breathing Sup Forums-poster.

Yeah, but they worked with the Nazis and Magneto hates them.

>they worked with the Nazis
No they didn't, moviefag.

Nazi sympathizer detected

>It goes against everything Magneto stands for
Oh, you mean, literal genocide?

And for the twentieth FUCKING time, Hydra are not nazis.

Someone post that image of Red Skull telling Magneto he's not different from actual nazis.

Having these conversations with people who have never read the books they're angry about always feels so pointless and depressing, but sure, let's do this.

Steve Rogers has had his past rewritten by the cosmic cube so that he remembers having been raised by a branch of Hydra which existed separately from the Nazis. Now in the modern day he sees the bigotry and narcissism of the Red Skull's vision of Hydra as a weakness and a shortcoming of the organization...

...which is why he's planning on killing the Skull and purging the organization of its nazi elements.

So if Steve takes over Hydra, kills the Skull, thwarts his racist ambitions and then moves to take over the world... well it doesn't make him a good guy or anything, but nor does it make him or anyone who works with him either a nazi or a nazi sympathizer. Indeed, the exact opposite would be true.

But what the fuck, right? Knowing or caring about that would require you to read the books you're getting angry about and who has time for that.

Hydra Steve is the best version of Cap we've gotten in years.

Do people not understand storytelling anymore?

Even if Hydra WAS a Nazi organization, this could very well be a setup for Magneto to turn on them and just destroy them on the inside. Kind of like that one time Magneto met up with the Red Skull with the intention of trapping him in an underground fallout shelter. Pretty much anything could happen going forward, but its "OMG Magneto is Nazi?!"

Man, I hate that people are getting worked up over a fucking cover. Kingpin has a cover too, and he's not a Nazi.

isn't modern hydra basically just an allegory for the alt-right now?

Has anyone that page of magneto punching Red Skull?

>Expecting people reading adn writing clickbait articles to care about comic books.
These articles make more money and have more views by orders of magnitude from the actual books.

He's a fucking white male though.

Magneto is already a Nazi. But instead of purging Jews, he's been purging humans because of "muh homosuperior" shit.

ironically because he was a holocaust survivor

What about that time Magneto crushed Skull's skull with a cinderblock?

>Falling for a variant cover

So you (or the author of that article) don't actually read comics, huh?

Fuck off with this SJW bullshit.

>Hydra isn't a nazi organization
They pretty much seem to have nazi ideology even before the nazi themselves took power, if the version inserted in Steve Rogers' past is anything like the real one.

wtf i love hydra now?!

Which reminds me.. How long are they going to keep that apart of his story? I mean, he'd be in his late 70's by now.

>Hasn't read a single page of Hydra-Cap

Just admit that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

And how exactly does that square with the upcoming mutant and inhuman concentration camps?

Well he's been de-aged twice so he's not actually that old physically, but at a certain point they'd probably have to throw in some "he was in cryo for some period of time during the 20th century" like they did with Wanda and Pietro.

ALIENS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

I thought the entire point of Captain America being a Hydra Agent was so he could be a voice of reason and keep them from doing Cobra-tier idiocy and reform them into a legitimate organization because like them or hate them they're good at recruiting people who happen to share his ideology?

Muties and Inhomos don't count as people.

Thing is, back when I was reading Cable and Deadpool and Bob says how Hydra used to be a Nazi organization, they became a lot less fun for me. Even before the films, the Nazi thing was there.

But we've seen in the glimpse into the future that the "pure" version of Hydra that Cube Steve plans to push still involves stuff like concentration camps, police state, and a lot of nazi-like imagery.

He just seems to see Red Skull as corrupt and egocentric, but his ideology doesn't seem to be fundamentally different.

the premises is still pretty dumb when you consider that from steve's perspective he's been knowingly undermining his organization since WWII and doesn't suspect that something isn't off about that when he knows that there are things & people who can and have warpped reality in the past

Not as dumb as GeriatricCap or Cap beating up Stark while the universe gets destroyed around them.

Oh don't get me wrong. Hydra still = evil. Just a different stripe of evil than Nazis.

Are we also pretending that none of the villains in Hydra are not and have never been Nazis?
How deep does this denialism go?

Thing is that since Steranko set up Baron Strucker, a literal Nazi, as their supreme leader post-WWII, there was always going to have to be a little bit of that in there. Even if HYDRA isn't literally a Nazi organization, because they're not as they pre-date naziism and have different ideals, their leader for years was a nazi. If you're led by a Nazi, or at least former Nazi, then you can't really say that you're not at least a bit nazi. You, the rank and file member like Bob, may not be a nazi but when you take orders from one, well, where do you draw the line?

I still think considering them a nazi organization is wrong though since leadership comes and goes and even Strucker, the person responsible for all the nazi elements seeping into Hydra, had renounced all that stuff then can you really say that Hydra as an organization is nazi-affiliated? I mean, sure, RED SKULL's Hydra absolutely is but that's because he's the Red Skull.

See, this is the part when you realize why people streamline these things. Look at how Blackbolt original manipulated particles and yadda yadda yadda to now just his voice causes massive shock waves, or trying to explain Cyclops' concussive eye blasts. Sure, you can get technical, but nobody cares.

Marvel is experimenting new paths and the principle itself is ok.
How?
In this case: the method chosen for Cap (as to Magneto) is to make the way you intended this character in total contrast with itself. So they are telling that white was actually black.
And basically that's ok too even if you know since the beginning that it's a big lie. It's a provocation.
But actually in this magic they're showing us there's a big big big problem: they're showing us also the trick, not to mention it was an obvious trick.
In the end what could have been considered a good and exciting idea turns out to be very very very boring.
Not because "it's the opposite" but because "you simply have to wait to see what you already know".

Marvel may be very cucked at the moment but they with this & Hydra Cap they are doing quite the opposite, now I want Hydra-Carol

Yeah, they are much more evil, with Nazism being a mere part of their villainy.

And Hydra Cap is so good, wanting concentration camps for Mutants and Hydra Youth kids attacking Inhumans.

I like the way it is now. Carol being essentialy Hydra because she's incompetent enough to be influenced by Cap.

Where are all these Magneto casuals coming from, the guy started out as a fascist and was a fascist for years until he went on trial for being a fascist, reformed for a while, then went back to being a fascist until an even bigger fascist pretended to be him and literally herded New Yorkers into ovens.

>Where are all these Magneto casuals coming from

Moviefags. They've never read a comic in their life. Their entire perception of the character is from what we see in the movies.

>But they are not REALLY Nazis! They aren't racist, except for Red Skull!

Hydra Cap's dream of a Hydra-ruled USA as depicted in "The Oath" is about a Nazi-aesthetic dictatorship, with Hitler's Youth analogue and concentration camps for non-humans.

Hydra Cap is more Nazi than Red Skull ever was.

Red Skull is already good at that after getting a Mutant brain inside of him. Hydra Cap wants an even worse type of dictatorship. Read "The Oath".

In which case you're dealing with a Magneto who nearly killed every human on Earth in X-Men 2 when he gave them all massive headaches. And he definitely had to have killed a lot, considering all the people who had to have been driving, flying, or performing surgery when the headaches struck them.

It is in the movies. :^)

Also yeah, Cap's Hydra isn't Nazi and is basically a corrupted form of Cap's idealism of saving the world.

Exactly. But you're dealing with SJW casuals. Using any actual logic on them is pointless.

Their view point can be summed up as:
>H-He's a holocaust survivor! He can't possibly do anything evil!

A zoo is a concentration camp for non-humans, does that make any country with zoos into Super-Nazis?

By Hickman

That doesn't he'd still willingly work with allies to the ones that ruined his life. It makes him a hypocrite, but willingly working with Hydra is just shit writing, which is par the course for Spencer.

This one?

ITT: Nazi fetishists