Anime is a big influence on today´s shows

>Anime is a big influence on today´s shows

>They copy the superficial stuff (figths, magical girls)

>They forgot is about telling stories about people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>They forgot is about telling stories about people
Japs are shit at that though.

>anime
>stories about people
TETSUOOOOOOOO
There is hardly any anime with actual character-driven stories like Hollywood drama films. Most are spectacles with half-naked girls and giant robots and tons of gooey animation

At least from 70s-90s that was true

Anime with actual depth and any meaningful story is a rarity compared to the amount of those without those things, you can't just say "there are some good animes, so all anime is good"

I'm not a weeb, but I can admit that at least there, there is more diversity of storytelling and more shows in general.

They also are allowed to go after different kind of viewers and have more freedom to portray what they want.

I wish that people were allowed to do Black Lagoon and Mushisi of the west

Because slice of life is a waste of time in a visual medium and idk why anime keeps doing it.

>>They copy the superficial stuff (figths

I wish.

Can you please be more specific about what shows copy anime without being stories about people.

The only one I could think that copies anime heavily is Steven Universe, and that's nothing if not about people.

>>They forgot is about telling stories about people.

This is baceuse they grew up watching just the japanese equivalent of capeshit, like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon or Sakura Card Captors.

There is no stories about people in this ones, juts pretty lights and recycled fight animation.

You're confusing storytelling with genres, a ton of anime across different genres follow the exacy same beats

MLP FIM is the only good anime

>Sakura Card Captors
also
>equivalent to capeshit
I think your post is equivalent to postshit, user.

Oh, boy another "east vs west" baiting thread.
Let me do you a favor and turn this thread into shit.

Niggers don't belong in civilized society.

Whatever, stupid Hotot.

>idk why anime keeps doing it
I'm not a pedophile I'm an ephebophile learn the difference

>All these fucking typos
Are you illiterate?

There are much more experimental animes aired on TV mate.

Western cartoons are about as guilty of SoL stagnation as anime, if not more so, considering action cartoons are a dead genre.

Why are so many people under the impression that ackshun = deep and mature? It's usually the most childish interpretations of "good" vs "bad" and revolves entirely around fighting that never happens in real life and is in no way logical or mature, let alone deep or thoughtful

The deepest that kind of shit gets is "WOAH, THE GOOD GUY.....HAS A DARKSIDE!"

Because most anime fans have the emotional maturity of teenage boys.

Even putting aside the "stories about people" part, even the average modern moe anime remembers to give their characters screentime and episode focus. The majority of cartoons don't even do this part.

>Why are so many people under the impression that ackshun = deep and mature?
I'm pretty sure "action cartoons are dead" which is honestly a true statement does not mean "deep and mature content only"

>Why are so many people under the impression that ackshun = deep and mature?
It's not even maturity or depth. It's about not being safe and toothless as fuck when putting out a series. Just to give one example: the 90s and early 00s gave us the DCEU; the 10s killed DC Nation and replaced it with TTG.

And yet that's enough, apparently, because Sup Forums clearly won't stand anything more violent than a nosebleed, I've noticed. Anything more than that will get called EDGY, TRYHARD, SO GRIMDERP, WHERE'S MUH FUN.

Meanwhile, everytime a character says "kill" or "hell" onscreen, Sup Forums will start raving about "So dark! So daring! How did they get away with this?!?!" every time.

>revolves entirely around fighting that never happens in real life and is in no way logical or mature
Oh, fuck off. Who the hell wants stories about Real Life™? Do YOU want a story about your life?

But I suppose, if we go by Sup Forums's standards, a "comfy" setting with a cast of full waifus to fap over makes for good storytelling.

Why do we even have mods?

Context is everything. Try HBO's Spawn, a series most people on this board love who've seen it anyway from the character who literally defines "edgy", the show is hardly even action half the time yet it still hits all the edge points on the head

Nobody wants kid's shows to be edgy other than edgelords, context, if you think a show that's aimed at kids need to be full of cursing and extreme violence you actually are an edgelord who's likely emotionally stunted at the teen level like another user said

>Meanwhile, everytime a character says "kill" or "hell" onscreen, Sup Forums will start raving about "So dark! So daring! How did they get away with this?!?!" every time.
Every time someone says that Bill Cipher is scary or that Gravity Falls is dark in any way, I want to throw my keyboard against the wall.

Are you implying that most cartoons was about telling stories?

Oh please! Shoving "Relatable emotional situations" dont matter if your work with a Pokemon tier script

This is capeshit in a nutshell

>Nobody wants kid's shows to be edgy other than edgelords, context, if you think a show that's aimed at kids need to be full of cursing and extreme violence
Nobody said anything even remotely like this

Just so we're clear, you have actually seen Cardcaptor Sakura right?

Most cartoons are for kids, everything aside from Family Guy type shit and AS pothead bait

So literally what are you talking about then?

This thread is garbage.

I know this is bait so here is a totally serious reply.

How about white women stop being so weak. There's a reason white dudes don't go after black women. Because Black women will beat the shit out of anyone.

Well, beating people up is the only thing niggers are capable of.
Let's keep going. I'd take Sup Forumsshit over "muh animus" whining, "I SAID CAPESHIT XDD" and idiots ignoring the points others make.

Yes, i used to love series

The pic is deceptive, it's propaganda so naturally it's going to show some petite white girl looking like she got beat up

Also black people usually suck at fighting, it's just that the white people they fuck suck worse or are scared by blackness so they revert into a childlike state

>Meanwhile, everytime a character says "kill" or "hell" onscreen, Sup Forums will start raving about "So dark! So daring! How did they get away with this?!?!" every time.
Are you from the '90s? 'cause no one gives a shit nowadays.

>Type in the URL
>Spamware warning

Y-you too...

>They forgot is about telling stories about people.

Not anymore now that otakus run the industry.

>it's a post reactionary post meta post neo modern existential crisis episode

the fuck do you people want
>you want muscle action dudes?????
>REEE DUMB FANBOY PANDERING
>you want emotional characters and stories?????
>REEE EDGY GRIMDARK DRAMABOMBS
>you want whimsical light hearted stories?????
>REEE SHALLOW CHILDLIKE SJW PASSIVISM MEMER FUEL

t. cartoons and cartoon fans from 80s-10s

I don't know what to tell you guys. It just seems to me like everyone is trying everything to see what sticks. Look at MLP, people are still trying to analyze what's the magic behind it, and everyone from animators to writers are saying
>look
>look at me
>it's MY art that will save the day, see look

Meanwhile, those artists that care are probably going to find something else that pays more and only the most dedicated stick with cartoons. So you get the 20 year old newbies with no bills or any serious obligations doing cartoons and they are 99.999999999% going to make something similar to what they grew up with or wanted, and guess what, they're inexperienced and full of art theory, like TVTropes.com and Reddit's Top Ten Books for Artists

>HBO's Spawn, a series most people on this board love
Is that so? Because all I on Sup Forums right now is Sup Forums shit mixed with waifuposting and Sup Forums baiting. Today, yesterday, the day before yesterday and every day since a meme incarnate won the election.

No waifus, no pastel colors, no comedy = no discussion

That's an axion on Sup Forums.

>if you think a show that's aimed at kids need to be full of cursing and extreme violence
Nice going putting words in my mouth, you comfyfag. Conversely, and like I said, waifus and bland, trite episode SoL where nothing happens and conflict is non-existent, so as to avoid offending this board's delicate sensibilities, seems to be Sup Forums's idea of growing up.

Also,
>Bruce Timm
>Greg Weissman
>Dwayne McDuffie
>J. Michael Straczynski
>Craig McCracken
>John K

Would you call them edgelords as well?

Then what are Moe shows if not characters focused shows?

Sup Forums as a whole is garbage.

You sound dangerously similar to TMS shill

And you sound dangerously similar to a faggot, but I'll guess we'll have to settle with that.

Point taken. I'm sure this thread will lead to 500+ cancerous responses while my (equally cancerous) shitposts get deleted because mods have no consistency and actively encourage garbage.

I don't understand what you want. You say you're mad because cartoons don't have enough violence and cursing then get mad when people say you're an edgelord because you think that is anything to value

I think you're just a fucking moron who is stuck in the Toonami era

Here's the thing, most people here who are adults aren't impressed by that crap, namely because we were all into it in our teen years over a decade ago and realized how shallow it is

Just what shows do you want to discuss? Let me guess, something that's been cancelled for over ten years? That happens too but for shows that have a fanbase here, you seem mad because people like what you don't like and don't like what you like, and what you like seems to be fucking weeb shit

Congratulations for having the only reasonable post in this shitfest of a thread.

People are idiots and can only think in retarded extremes (irony doesn't evade me)

Samefag

Yeah i hate the glib approximations they do

Faggot.

Why dont you actually watch some anime you stupid cunt

Watch Parasyte, Cowboy Bebop, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Jesus Christ, you're a fucking idiot. I have no idea how it's possible to be so fucking dense. Why and how are you still alive?

Bakemonogatari
Ping Pong
NGE
TTGL (inb4 "wahh robots")

Mods don't give a fuck.

>shows reference anime
>it's just mimicking shots of the frame without any of the reason why it's a memorable shot

> It's about not being safe and toothless as fuck when putting out a series.
> because Sup Forums clearly won't stand anything more violent than a nosebleed, I've noticed. Anything more than that will get called EDGY, TRYHARD, SO GRIMDERP, WHERE'S MUH FUN.

He was literally bitching about, and nothing else, KIDS SHOWS (pretty much all fucking cartoons are for kids, other than like I said, your shit like Family Guy and AS shows) being "toothless" and not violent enough, and even worse bitching at Sup Forums for not wanting KIDS SHOWS to be violent

You're an idiot

>hurr I can only think in extremes
>God forbid something has any kind of tension because MUH KIDS SHOW
You're either a shitty troll or an idiot and cancer that's killing everything. Please die.
>pretty much all fucking cartoons are for kids, other than like I said, your shit like Family Guy and AS shows
Can you please kill yourself? I want to know if I would feel guilty or won't give a fuck (which is most likely) after convincing you to do this.

My Little Pony is better than any anime, kill yourself faggot

Now you're not even pretending that you're not shitposting.
Good.
Still consider the "killing yourself" offer though. It's one-in-a-lifetime deal.

I'm dead serious bruh, anime is for edgy kids who dye their hair and listen to Hollywood Undead. Grow the fuck up and watch kids cartoons that are actually good and not full of try hard shit

youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
I hate to waste a song from a god-tier show on you, but you're really pushing my buttons with your inane shitposting.

Only ADHD autistic faggots like you are entertained by flashing lights and violence

Go watch fucking pro wrestling you moron

If your talking about SU its literally all about people.

This is getting really embarrassing.
I'm getting bored of you.
Just do it. Kill yourself and the world would have one less idiot less, which considering the concentration of the idiots in this world would be beneficial for everyone.

>Barney
>good

>Barney
>good
>at all

Yes!
Now that he's here too, we're reaching levels of terribleness previously thought impossible

They're shows where they try to pass off human shaped puppies as characters.

This is getting really embarrassing.
I'm getting bored of you.
Just do it. Kill yourself and the world would have one less idiot less, which considering the concentration of the idiots in this world would be beneficial for everyone.

Thank you for this reasonable post.

Anime doesn't tell stories about people, it tells stories about anime characters, which are like, three degrees off from people. They're people put through the genre filter and made into something more palatable to otakus.

DUDE WEED LMAO
MARVELKEKS/DCNIGGERS
CAPESHIT CAPESHIT CAPESHIT
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS
PERFECT THREADS DON'T EXI--
SJWS/POL PLS GO

Congratulations. Your post quality went from those of a second-grader to those of a third-grader.
Bravo. Keep going and maybe you'll reach fifth-grade posting quality!

difference in culture. the average Anime is more about making you feel(hence why moe is exclusive to anime), while the average western show is about following a formula to hit the right notes(the three act structure and hero's journey structure are rarely used in anime).

The character of Pinkie Pie may have come in at the end of his fictional era, but the show that introduced viewers to her 6 years ago had a ripple effect that is still moving through the waters of its medium. I have seen the influence of “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” more times than I can count in the decade that I have been covering television. The best wasn't over, it was just beginning when “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” permanently altered the landscape. Everything that has come after it has built levels sustained by this ground floor of television. Yes, there were shows before with a major impact on our current Golden Age of animation—“Avatar: The Last Airbender,” “Looney Tunes shorts,” others—but this is the one that truly redefined the terms of the form. And what I find increasingly remarkable about the show is its lasting strength. I’ve watched the first season of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” four times all the way through, and I know I’ll do so again. Each time, I catch a different reference, a different filmmaking choice, a different narrative joy in every single episode. And so it’s a great wonder to have every episode in one massive Blu-ray set from The Hub now in stores, including a bonus disc of new material and every single episode in HD. This show isn’t just timeless, it’s still current. It would win Emmys if it were on TV right now. And I’m starting to believe that fact may never change.

Digibro fuck off

Sup Forums really is the worst board, and there will still be responses to this post saying "hurr durr at least we're not Sup Forums" when Sup Forums isn't much better. I wish Hiroyuki would just delete Sup Forums. Even Sup Forums is better than this shithole.

>It's usually the most childish interpretations of "good" vs "bad" and revolves entirely around fighting that never happens in real life and is in no way logical or mature
Considering Mobile Suit Gundam, which is the basis for most "Real robot" series" is written as a critique of war, where both sides have good and corrupt people, I think you're talking out of your ass.

At least we're not Sup Forums!
I actually agree though. I only come here out of habit

Sup Forums doesn't even play videogames anymore. At least Sup Forums has anons doing storytimes and shit.

>there are Barneyfags who actually think this
I really hope they all fucking die.

I only come here for storytimes.
Storytimes are THE ONLY redeeming factor of Sup Forums.

On that note, the idea that "good and evil" are childish and that people and ideas are always much more complex is just retarded.
There are complex people but there's also a plenty of sociopaths in real life who would be the most one-dimensional characters imaginable if they were works of fiction.

Do better threads then.

Why did “My Little Pony” matter? For me, it’s a turning point in what television asked of its audience. Before "MLP: FiM” there was a sense that television programs were designed to please the viewer in very well-charted ways. Comedies had laugh tracks to tell when you laugh. Dramas had heroes, often superheroes or detectives, who would put the bad guy away. Everything was often wrapped by the end of the 30 minutes, giving you a nice warm feeling that there was comfort in this world before the morning news. Underneath that is an inherent sense of eagerness to please. Please laugh at my comedy. Please like my dramatic hero. Please come back each week to see the bad guys get what they deserve.

From the VERY first episode of “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” that desperation is entirely absent. It was a show that didn't just lead you, it respected you. Like literature. Like theater. Like film. There’s a deep well of confidence in the filmmaking that also, like the filmmakers of the ‘70s, includes a willingness to experiment. Dream sequences, anti-heroes, dark humor, a protagonist who is a murderer, drug use, rape—there was nothing that Lauren Faust feared narratively. And her willingness to leave loose ends, to leave character motivations murky, to redefine audience loyalty, has led to “Breaking Bad,” “True Detective,” "Boardwalk Empire," and really any other drama you currently enjoy in all likelihood. If you’ve seen it, see it again. If you haven’t, it’s about damn time.

Thanks for defending us
-Sup Forums

No problem my right wing friend.

Let's lynch niggers together, Sup Forums-kun~

>Barneyfags are this autistic

Wow, he actually bites.

The fact is that if you own a TV, “My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic” meant something to you too, whether you’ve seen it or not. There are very few inarguable facts in criticism. One writer’s influential film is another’s overrated canon entry. One music lover’s seminal album is another’s overrated junk. The influence of “My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic” is one of the rare things in entertainment that is considered fact and not opinion. From that opening episode to the controversial ending, “My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic” never begged you to like it, never apologized, never cut corners. And there’s no better way to appreciate its legacy than with this set.

i can answeer the rape thing. predators typically prey on the weak, and white chicks are weak as fuck (which is why they invented feminism to fake strength). Sheboons on the other hand...are sheboons. I ain't messing with a fucking sheboon.

>The fact is that if you own a TV, “Barney and Friends” meant something to you too
Good lord

t.Sup Forums

Now fuck off

Seems like Koukaku no Pandora is right up your alley.