Is this the greatest single series of a t.v. show ever?

Is this the greatest single series of a t.v. show ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it is then television is just an immensely inferior visual medium.

The primary focus is on the written narrative and nothing else, the repetitive structure, countless exact same establishing shots and shots of a car entering a location, countless "let's go to a bar for a beer" exposition dialogues, every episode has to end with a cliffhanger, every episode has one big moment where it all builds up to, countless twists and turns which result in a total disinterest in who is the actual killer by the end of the season etc

Like any other tv show.
After the fifth episode I had to make myself watch the rest of the season, I didn't even care who is the killer after all the edgy twists and turns, I just wanted it all to end. Most of the time you don't even have to look at the screen, the back to back camerawork in dialogues get's so overused that you can basically just listen to the conversation without even watching the screen and grasp all the information you need because the written narrative is the main thing here, while in film it's the visual narrative. It's pretty clear that Television is primarily a producers medium.
So I stick to film.

It's not even the best single series of its own show.

What?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

Say what you will of the series overall but this scene is kino

ur a faget

n-no u

Its not really a TV show.. hard to compare 8 hours to like 5 seasons of Breaking Bad or whatever. That said, yea its 10/10

You're just further proving my point my dear phoneposting friend.

That whole sequence in TD is built upon the idea of "let's make a 'cool epic' handheld tracking shot for the finale of this narrative". It is entirely screaming "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THE CAMERAWORK, DO YOU SEE THIS" while the scene would benefit greatly with a few basic cuts which are here just filled with countless panning shots of doorways and empty walls just so it remains an "epic" long shot. Not to mention the fades to black so they can cut to the next shot so it seems like a long shot.
And once they are done with that the entire show can return to the standarad back to back camerawork and non existant use of the visual medium.

Season 6. You know what show I'm talking about.

really dont

What?

I dont know which show

what kind of faggotry convinced you to even mention that show when you could have just discussed true detective season 1. what the fuck goes through your mind "i could say anything. i know english and i have internet and a computer and i can type things and i could talk about true detective on its own merits but nooo. i must mention this fucking piece of trash. i HAVE to get it out of my system and this is where i will do that." really what the fuck is your problem?

welcome to fag land
citizens: you

is it worth watching season 2 even tho it has these cool actors? i just finished season 1 and other threads say season 2 is shit

Don't bother. It's really not worth your time.

Are you 12?

Nope, pic related

Its better than S1 in terms of actual Detective work.

Its a completely different series. S2 is film noir with intrigues, the mob and alot of land owner jargon.

S1 is more about a personal story spanning decades and the occult mystery.

S2 is completely worth it, IF youre in it for the detective story, not the "MUH OCCULT NIHILISM".

It's always worth it. Just keep in mind it's very different than first season.

As in season?

No. It's probably the first season of GoT and Six Feet Under is really the only contender.

>is it worth watching season 2 even tho it has these cool actors?
Well of course, I said it;'s better than season 1.
Having cool actors is surely a plus?

>It's probably the first season of GoT

Was going to say either this or the Leftovers season 2

>DUDE LIFE IS MEANINGLESS DUDE LMAO
>DUDE NIHILISM DUDE WE'RE JUST SLABS OF MEAT FLOATING ON A ROCK IN SPACE MANG DUDE BREH
>DUDE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE LIKE STUPID LOL BELIEVING IN G-D IN 2017 XDDD
Whoa....really made my think tank bubble up

Just because normal people like it now doesn't mean it wasn't great.

leftovers, like mr. robot, is a garbage show written by data mining aps essentially. they don't deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

that would be band of brothers

Season 2 was trash so no.

leftovers is S H I T

>PLEASE, GIVE ME ATTENTION!!! I'M TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE ITT MAD AT ME
nah, you look like just a complete mongoloid

>Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law...
This makes no sense at all.
Sure, it sounds good and has a (fittingly) dour tone to it, but it doesn't make sense. The fact that people think it's thought provoking, and worse 'exactly how I feel - it's about time someone said it', is worrying.

>putting leftovers and mr. robot in the same sentence

Kys

It doesnt make sense to YOU. It makes perfect sense in an evolutionary context.

Get out

Evolution isn't natural?

Autism is natural?