Zack Snyder sucks-

>Zack Snyder sucks-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xu8l0q4rgcg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzgk-L34yjo
thefineartdiner.blogspot.com/2016/03/tyrants-heroes-batman-vs-superman-dawn.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree.

>thinking Watchmen is good

youtube.com/watch?v=xu8l0q4rgcg

Soyboys have been viscerally angry at Zack Snyder for over a decade now
It’s almost Galtian at this point

Watchmen were amazing. Probably the best cape of all time.

>thinking Kermode is good
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzgk-L34yjo

>12+ minutes
> opens with a deep, chesty cough

fucking kill yourself

Snyder's films are also pretty visceral, perhaps it's appropriate?

>>Zack Snyder sucks-

yeah that's the full sentence

No it's not, that's why there's an action line at the end.

The Watchmen film was a glorious exercise in missing the point.
Never has someone so slavishly reproduced panels from a work and still completely fucked up their meaning and purpose.

I love this pasta

Better than the La La Land one I guess.

Can someone give real reasons, a critque on why this was SO BAD?

I don't care about MUH CANON fuck off to Sup Forums , it's a different medium who cares if it's not your EXACT story, is there any real fucking criticism of it from a film perspective?

No. Critics simply have always had it out for Zack Snyder.

Also, it's kind of funny there's actually footage of Snyder giving instructions on how to properly snap a neck.

What are you suggesting?
That Snyder didn't lionise Rorschach, make Ozy an obvious villain or undermine the inherent patheticness of costumed heroes? He didn't add an ending that made no sense in the context of cold war politics and blew a massive plot hole in the middle of the film?

>KshhhhhhhhJUST like that
You can read his lips

>Mark "Gal Gadot is a great actress" Kermode
DROPPED

seeif you're actually interested in why Watchmen is a pointless film

He is such a down to earth and chill guy. He is definitely autistic as fuck but he knows how to make gorgeous movies. I will watch whatever movie he makes as I know I will get my money’s worth in the theatre

What is the significance of the squid in relation to Cold War politics?
Snyder literally wrote a better ending than Alan fucking Moore and you betas know it

Im watching it right now his criticisms sl far are the fake nixon nose and the latex and not enough closeness to the political canon.

He hasn't said anything of substance yet, why dont you explain it yourself, these sound like criticisms but very minor nitpicks

>Its too long
My god Kermode you fucking hack

Dawn of the Dead - 9/10
300 - 7/10
Watchmen - 7/10
Legend of the Guardians - 6/10
Sucker Punch - 6/10
Man of Steel - 8/10
Batman v Superman - 6/10
Justice League - 7/10

Why do we pretend he's terrible again?

>Snyder literally wrote a better ending than Alan fucking Moore
unironically this
I don't understand why soyboy comic book readers get so booty blasted about it

>Dark knight is a massive arthouse movie

I also liked Sucker Punch.

The fuck are you on about? His audience consists of only soyboys and latino mutts.

you have extremely low standards

The squid plan is utterly insane, and it's so utterly insane it works as an outside threat within the context of the cold war.
Manhattan was a overwhelming symbol of American imperialism throughout the book and film, trying to frame him as an outside threat above current nation states is absurd.
When you have the line "God exists, and he's American" in your film and you still try to present Manhattan outsider to the same degree as Ozy's wacky squid plan you've lost the plot.

seeing 300 underrated upsets my spaghetti
seeing sucker punch overrated spills my lasagna on ya

Watchmen just has no reason to exist. Snyder does nothing interesting with the source material. It's literally just if you're somehow too stupid to read a graphic novel and that's it.

thefineartdiner.blogspot.com/2016/03/tyrants-heroes-batman-vs-superman-dawn.html

If anyone ever tries to tell you that people only enjoy Snyder's movies ironically, show them this.

Watchmen is literally the reason snyder sucks

*clears throat and steps onto a pedestal*

Not an argument.

>why would i even want to watch something in another medium
>get together with your friends/family to read a graphic novel together

>No reason to exist
I guess anything adapted to a movie is just null and void then

>doctor manhattan defecting makes more sense than an alien squid that comes out of nowhere that neither the US or the russians are aligned with

imagine being so much of a brainlet you don't understand how retarded the film ending is

People only enjoy Snyder's movies ironically.

Check this out:

...I just can't see people using Watchmen as a family get together movie.

nah dawg even latino soyboys hate snyderkino, they are reminded about what REAL Christian men should be like thats why they lash out against it so violently

Just making sure that you didn't just come in to the thread to drop a link and then leave.

>Dawn of the Dead - 9/10
>300 - 9/10
>Watchmen - 9/10
>Legend of the Guardians - havent seen it
>Sucker Punch - 6/10
>Man of Steel - 8/10
>Batman v Superman - 9/10
>Justice League - 8/10

If you actually paid attention to the dialogue and the film you would realize what an autistic brainlet you are. The film ending was a much better ending as all the character build up led to it.

i watched for the first time that way. but i get your point.

And I hope you got mine.

Nah, I'm no Sup Forumstard.

The neck snapping scene was actually the only thing I liked about Man of Steel. It was supposed to be an origin story, and that scene gives a very good explanation for Superman's no killing rule. He was put in an impossible situation during his first crisis, reacted, and hated himself for the act, which is exactly the kind of thing that would make him hate killing and become more dedicated to helping people after a lifetime of "stop, invincible son."

It's not null and void if you actually make an attempt to do something interesting with the material you're adapting. Perhaps by doing something that could only work in film rather than any other medium.

I mean name me literally anything good about Watchmen that's actually good or interesting as a FILM, and not just good because it's adapting good material.

Dawn of the Dead - 10/10
300 - 10/10
Watchmen - 10/10
Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Sucker Punch - 10/10
Man of Steel - 10/10
Batman v Superman - 10/10
Justice League - 10/10

True ratings coming through.

Us Snyder fans need to correct the record on all the art haters out there.

Where did SnyderChads go recently? I remember a quality DCEU/Snyder thread every other day.

Get real

>Dawn of the Dead - 5/10
>300 - 6/10
>Watchmen - 6/10
>Legend of the Guardians - havent seen it
>Sucker Punch - 2/10
>Man of Steel - 4/10
>Batman v Superman - 3/10
>Justice League - 5/10

Gee its almost like several American cities were also leveled, making it very clear that Manhattan was no longer an ally of America.

Lolno.
Forcing Manhattan's hand with the free energy plot undermines his character arc regarding free will, giving Manhattan's parting words to Laurie undermines Ozy's arc and the irony of his namesake. Also, the Comedian's breakdown doesn't make a bit of sense with the altered ending.

A lot of them gave up on the DCEU after Wonder Woman, a non-Snyder DCEU movie, turned out to be a huge success, and Joss Whedon took over Justice League.

I loved Firefly, but man do I hate Joss Whedon. I really have to assume it was someone else's fault that Firefly was so good.

It's not even worth counting snyder as the director of those movies, those are only good because of the work greater men created with no work from snyder and the only things he himself changed were what weakened the films

>alien squid appears
>takes away heat from nuclear war, gives US and the rest of the world a common enemy
>doctor manhattan goes rogue
>totally supposed to believe the world would come together to help the US after their own weapon backfired on them

>muh giant squid

Dawn of the dead - 6/10
300 - 6/10
Watchmen - 6.5/10
Legend of The Guardians - 5/10
Suckerpunch - 4/10
Man of Steel - 6/10
BvS - 5/10
Justice League - 4/10
Snyder's never made a truly great film. It's just a bin of mediocrity with some shit here and there

>russians wouldn't blame america for the attack
>ozymandias' work with genetic research is made a pointless aspect that only served to explain his cat that dies in 5 seconds
>manhattan doesn't give his warning to ozymandias, instead its a fucking throwaway line from silver spectre
Fuck you and fuck snyder

America made it clear from the get go that Manhattan had a mind of his own. Its also implied that the unity was also very much based on a common enemy than a new found love of humanity. If you weren't such a anally devastated brainlet you would have noticed this.

>wasting this much time watching films you hate

>Russians wouldnt blame America
>several American cities got leveled by a guy who Americans made it clear has a mind of his own.

Or maybe you just have bad taste. I bet you thought Moonlight and La La Land were good.

Hell, Russia's blaming America for all kinds of shit right now. It's funny that Trumpcucks are so in denial about Russia that it makes them overlook a blatant plothole in the film.

Yeah, try telling Russia that. They wouldn't give a fuck and say America deserved it. Also how the fuck could the entire world deal with fighting a God? They'd embrace a defeatist attitude because it's a battle they know they couldn't win. Going to war against aliens seems much more plausible and actually winnable than that. You're retarded.

I thought those movies AND Watchmen were great. What now, bitch?

>t. everyone else in the world shares my edgy nihilistic views

>Americans create a superweapon
>superweapon goes haywire
>it levels several cities across the world, killing tens of millions
>somehow not america's fault

Watchmen is a brainless garbage fratboys vomit idea of what Watchmen was suppoosed to be. It's shallow and garish and doesn't say anything. All Snyder wanted to do was quote the comic and shoot costumes in slow motion.

It's 'cinematic' bile.

>America created Manhattan as a weapon
>America created Manhattan
Lmao watch the fucking movie again you brainlet

>america's super weapon that is being used to steamroll Russia finally backfires
>totally gonna be peace between both countries now
How retarded do you have to be?

>america deserved it
They'd outright blame America for it if they didn't launch their nukes first in response to their major cities suddenly not existing. FilmOzy's plan looks like an outright attack by the US using their most heavily promoted weapon.

Theres more than the squid and the fact that morons here focus on the most basic and superficial change really demonstrates how stupid you all are. "Nothing ever ends" is the most important line in the wole thing. It's the point of the story. Snyder leaving it out is incredibly damning and tells you what kind of guy he is. (Shallow fucking caveman fratboy)

When an omnipotent super being who can level cities in an instant all across the world effortlessly wants you dead, wtf are you supposed to do?
You can't do shit against that

When giant alien squids attack and do massive damage but can still be killed by conventional weaponry, what do you do?
You build more of those weapons that work.

Except for the part where several American (and other Nato cities) got leveled.

What would be the point of fighting something you know cannot die? If anything the Manhattan situation would seem like a fishy falseflag because he could destroy Earth in a millisecond if he wanted to if he wanted to TRULY do anything, he wouldn't just level a city. Come on, tell me you're not that stupid.

t. everyone else in the world is a worthless cuck that rolls over and accepts their fate.

This is also very contrary to the message of both the film and the comic

>this complete butchering of the t. meme

It's true, leftists can't meme

Name 5 ways the Watchmen film did something different, more ambitious or more interesting than the source material.

Also, for every Snyder film that exists name me a distinct theme which comes to mind. Hard mode: no repeating the phrase "Men & Gods" in different wordings or fashions.

If you are incapable of doing this, don't worry– You're no more of an uninspired hack than Zack, who not only makes soulless (if visually faithful) reproductions of pre-existing material, but also even steals ideas and general thematic points from his own movies.

You seem to be implying the Soviets even knew about this.
Minutes within Moscow being a smoking crater apparently due to the US's greatest weapon the missiles would be flying. Manhattan is too established within this universe to make sense as a 3rd party, only something as utterly fucking absurd as the squid would work.

>think there is a godlike being at war with humanity
>think somehow that the nations of earth are going to settle that by fighting eachother, because the being at one point used to live in america

As much as I hate to be one of those guys, what the fuck does it honestly matter how it compares to the source material? Only idiots let their opinion of the movie influence their opinion of the source material, and vice versa.

Did you know that there's this magical device called a television that can instantly broadcast live footage of other parts of the world? It was also around in the 80's believe it or not.

It will probably be a three way fight ('Manhattan on one side') with America losing a lot of political capital and prestige. The alien bullshit bypass all these geopolitical nuances and makes the whole world embraces each other equally

>Snyder does nothing interesting with the source material.

Yes, he did. He removed the retarded alien plan and replaced it with a more logical and plausible one.

300 looks great and is very enjoyable, but there's next to no story or character development there. Some men go to kill some invaders and it's awesome... but it's very superficial. There's no meat to it. It's no surprise that he failed with iconic characters.

It's useful in a discussion about whether a film is good or not.

i.e. does the film do anything good, or is every single thing that's good about it just the source material

So? Does every movie need to have depth?

>rorschach's smoking gun, his journal, tells about how veidt manufactured the aliens to invoke a temporary peace
>movie rorschach: veidt's behind it all, do what you will with this information because if you ever try to have a war again manhattan will come down and level more cities! lol! even if you know veidt's behind it you're fucked either way!

Huh? But the entire point is that Manhattan WOULDN'T do that and that Ozymandias simply tricked people into thinking he would.

Rorschach had no idea that Manhattan would side against them, or even what the purpose of the plot was when he dropped off his journal
Watch the fucking movie

The fact that the comics ending wouldn't have worked well on film doesn't mean the film one is actually better

>The examples are the films that stick closest to their source material.

Only reason they didn't do the comics ending is because they would have had to inflate the film's already enormous budget even more in order to film a segment explaining the squids which would require new sets and a bunch of other shit. Not to mention how much that would add to the run time. It's a budgetary decision more than anything.

It's not a comparison to say the movie doesn't have any reason to exist, though. I'm not comparing the film to the comic, I'm simply making the point that the material should have a genuine reason for being presented in one medium or format over another. If you're going to take a comic book and adapt it for the big screen, what reason would you have for doing it if all you're doing is making the original stills move? Where does the director's creativity come into the production if he uses the source material as a "painting-by-numbers" guide? It's lazy and soulless imo

Can anyone explain why WB keeps throwing money at Snyder? His films always bomb both critically and commercially. What motivates them to commit financial suicide by allowing him to direct so many films?

Moreso reinforcing the point that this movie shouldn't even been made. V for Vendetta is barely anything like the original, this is almost exactly the same as the source material without the irony, tons of other important character moments and scenes cut, and an ending that only works in something like a comic book. Why the fuck did they even bother? A better adaptation would be making fun of superhero movies instead of comics but by that point you wouldn't even be adapting Watchmen. So I don't know what they were thinking when they decided "yes, this needs a film adaptation"

300 did great, and MoS did pretty well. WB were still chasing that 300 dragon