Has anyone else watched Jim and Andy? I don’t know how I feel about Jim Carrey now...

Has anyone else watched Jim and Andy? I don’t know how I feel about Jim Carrey now. He comes off as dedicated but at the same time as a “2deep4u Mail you a dead animal method actor ;)”. It’s cringy but fascinating.

yes, he too far up his own ass probably because hes been surrounded by yes men for the past 20 years

More than anything else it's interesting to see how this (and many other of his roles) have contributed to his retarded pseudo-spiritual approach to life as an actor.

It doesn't shine any illumination on the great Andy himself; in fact, while Carey's impersonation was actually pretty good all of the method acting and getting lost in the character was really stupid and forced. Lawler and Andy's relationship was way more complex than how Jim made it out to be (whereas Andy and Lawler played up their feud for the cameras, Carey was just an asshole to him), you could tell Lawler thought Jim was a complete hack

Have you seen the movie in the doc? I kinda want to see it now, but I feel like I’ve seen enough.

yes. Jim is crazy and retarded. He claims he was this method actor always in character, but that Andy Kaufmanns ghost literally possessed him and made him act like that. He even says he( as in Andy, through the use of his body, not Jim Carrey) got to meet and talk with his long lost daughter he put up for adoption

The trailer looked cringe desu.
I enjoyed the film but Carey's performance didn't look like something that required 2deep4u method performance art.
I think people just really enjoy the idea of method acting.
Like you see stuff about the joker, how Ledger locked himself away to get into the character, figure out his mannerisms and voice.
Nigger isn't that acting?
Like isn't getting into your role and figuring out how to play it something you should be doing anyway and not turn up on set staring at your iphone till the director tells you where to stand?

It takes a special kind of actor to really method act and Jim isn't one of them. Just be funny Jim

He’s better as a dramatic actor desu

he wasnt method acting, he went on a beach to meditate when he first got the role, then he made contact with Andy Kaufmanns spirit, and then Andys spirit possessed and took over Jims body, so Jim wasnt really acting at all.

This is literally what he says

He's what we call an "acid casualty"

Yeah it’s retarded, and the director looked like he wanted to kill himself. Everyone around him had to put up with his retarded behavior and I’m sure it didn’t help production.

He was the first comedy actor to be paid 20 million for a single flick I believe

That would definitely go to your head

Im starting to realize how right Tommy Lee Jones was when he shut him the fuck down the first day on batman

Watched it all but have never cringed so physically in my life.

As a recovering weirdo, this guys attention grabbing antics touch to close to the bone

It's fascinating and worth a watch. Jim Carrey is delusional and up his own ass but in a way that makes it hard to turn away. He's been insanely rich and famous for decades now and it's clear that even though he's turned a corner he's still a little all over the place with it. Flashed moments of genuine insight followed by pseudo intellectual strangeness.

Him being in character the whole time was jarring at first, I was immediately repulsed when the first time he was off screen as Andy, and there was something a little fucked up about his relationship with the family, but but pretty quickly it just became so absurd and strange that I actually enjoyed it.

100% recommend. Not enough documentaries like it.

jim carrey lacks subtlety and self awareness?

shut up no way

He'll be fine.

You forgot when the dolphins coincidentally appeared when he tried telepathy for the first time.

Yes. Agree

There is 1000000 $ in his dads grave? Why give that away ?

It’s just a check dum dum

Aside from this, are there any kino docs that explore the “behind the scenes” of making a big movie. I loved seeing that stuff, but there wasn’t enough.

I've just finished watching it

Jim Carrey is some other trip. By the end of the movie, I had to give him respect for having the balls to keep it going the whole way through filming the way he did despite how much most of the crew must've fucking hated him. The parts with Lawler were genuinely intriguing because its hard to know if Lawler was pissed off of kayfabing, as he did with the real Andy.

Jim Carrey has real talent. The law of attraction and psychic palm readers stuff is all bullshit to me but he seems convinced of it. He is a fascinating guy, someone who it seems played a character his whole life and got insanely famous from it only to be miserable.

Who knows whether he'll make another movie, especially with all the shit in his private life in recent times.

Great docu though. Kaufman was a one off and Carrey did a pretty good job of playing him