Joss Whedon's Batgirl Cancelled

comicbookmovie.com/batgirl/rumor-after-helming-justice-leagues-reshoots-joss-whedon-may-not-be-back-for-batgirl-a155653

>Earlier this year, Joss Whedon's ex-wife penned a damning editorial about the filmmaker. It didn't have much of an impact on his career as he continued working on Justice League's reshoots but things have changed given recent Hollywood sex scandals and it's entirely feasible that more stories about Whedon could start doing the rounds.

Based 2017 closing with a BANG

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SuperBroMovies/status/933415415023394816
twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/933413687955660801
mobile.twitter.com/CinematicEX/status/933127089410076672/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRED

HAHAHAH

Only Chads are allowed to direct movies now. They're the only ones who never get "allegations" because females enjoy being raped by then therefore it's not rape.

Holy shit. WB just said on Twitter they are preparing an official statement

>WB decided to take control of current and any upcoming DC movies
Confirmed DCEU is dead, they're totally cancelling them

This timeline is best timeline

>WB's official statement is released.
>we find out that Joss Whedon was trying to cast couch Gadot during the reshoots.
>Also learn that he removed Cyborg scenes because of racism

>WB decided to take control of current and any upcoming DC movies
Wasn't that the problem? That they literally fuck up in the editing room?

>recent Hollywood sex scandals

Bullshit. WB are pissed they lost $100M in JL.

This is a rumor. An unconfirmed rumor that could turn out to be totally false. As much as I want it to happen, it's not official yet.

Link or it's made up

THIS
The blowback is being taken away from Snyder and tossed onto Joss. They'll see the error of doubting Zack and they'll beg him to return to the series.

>Link or it's made up
twitter.com/SuperBroMovies/status/933415415023394816

I believe these are the first to drop the rumor.

This. He's getting shitcanned for fucking up their tentpole film. Snyder is gone in all likelihood too, unless they release his cut and people like it.

Nice try, faggot. Patty Jenkins and James Wan are now the heads of DCEU.

Why would you shit on your director while you're showing his movie in theaters? Surely even WB isn't that retarded

Pretty much this. If they really cared about the sex allegations WB would've already dropped Ben Affleck.

Now fire Johns and bring back Snyder. It's obvious more than ever he knew better than dumb suits changing the film last second.

He was chaotic AND chaos? Whoa... this Josh Wheldon guy is dangerous.

>This is a rumor
It's 2017, accusations are facts and rumors are official statements, grandpa

>as he continued working on Justice League's reshoots but things have changed given recent Hollywood sex scandals and it's entirely feasible that more stories about Whedon could start doing the rounds.

Holy shit! Whedon tried to fuck Amber Heard and Gadot!

twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/933413687955660801

They wish they had Snyder now. Even their core fans are now pissed at them for selling out.

Yep, he realised he was fucked after his wife outed him as a scumbag. Would be extremely difficult for him to tour the Batgirl film as a film for the feminist agenda when he doesn't even respect his wife.

They're pissed that the guy they paid millions of dollars to save Justice League started bragging about how he only wrote the script in 20 minutes when it flopped. He's an unprofessional slob and an idiot.

More women should be directors. They are more detail oriented and handle things like this better.

Snyder is just as box office poison as Whedon now. No way they would release his cut. Think the last thing in Snyder's mind right now is Justice League.

Lofty Kek

>Wife divorcing you is a valid reason to divorce you from a movie

OBSESSDD

This is what women in power looks like, unironically. The Chad age of law and justice is over. The Maiden era of scheming and rumor mongering is upon us.

>Mfw he's replaced by champion of female rights, Zack Snyder

i just said yesterday that whedon was fucked

>Snyder is just as box office poison
300, MoS and BvS were all huge films for WB

>b-but BvS needed to break 2 billion
Fuck off with that shit, 900m with that media hate campaign is impressive as fuck and gave WB 100m in profits. Snyder has collected more gold for WB in the past decade than anyone else except Nolan.

Why does he get fucking hired? He always blames or shits on the distributors. He did this with AoU, now he does it with them.

The extended edition for BvS largely improved public perception. If JL gets into utterly dire straits this weekend they may just say fuck it. There's also a high possibility of a Snyder cut (if one exists) showing up on the home media release.

Someone JUST crown him already

>300, MoS and BvS were all huge films for WB
Look I like the guy, but critics have it out for him in a bad way. Some even saying the most libel shit like him hating his mother or something. I personally think he doesn't get a fair shake and is judged to heavily because he's working with DC properties.

>in the process of writing the script
Aaaand it's done

Did he actually tweet that?

What a fucking hack.

It's already bombed.

Or there is some big expose coming out. This wouldn't surprise me.

They don't like him because he's a devout christian. Anyone in hollywood hates christians

That fucking prick!

Snyder cut of ending
mobile.twitter.com/CinematicEX/status/933127089410076672/video/1

Based 20 minutes poster

yeah I think they are gonna slow down for now and try to get enough money together for a new try in maybe 5 years

ok that's fucking retarded

I don't like Joss at all, but what his cunt wife basically said is "wahh joss is a cheater". I wonder if the SJWs are going to make Joss some kinda rapist now. Why the fuck would divorce matter in the making of the movie? Celebs get divorced all the time. This is fucking bullshit. I'm all for firing Whedon but this is just fucking women ruining everything once again.

WB are looking for blood.

Holding off until the sexual harassment claims come in.

And you know they're coming.

>"wahh joss is a cheater"
Whedon has chastised other people for far less. His wife only proved we already knew: his whole "male feminist" shtick is a front to creep on women.

First off, this is just a rumor. But when he gets canned, regardless of the reason WB gives, it is because he JUSTed Justice League. This was supposed to be a payday for WB and now they're losing money and brand value instead. Any reason other than that given for firing him is an obvious excuse and everyone knows it.

Should have stuck with big money Zach

he's been using his producer credit to dick interns for years, that's basically all you need to get tossed out now. muh gender power imbalance.

I'm a representative for The Walt Disney Company® and I can confirm these rumors are true

DCEU probably going to get a hard reboot except for wonderwoman.

Didn't Zack choose him tho?

WB lies. Snyder had zero reason to choose his polar opposite. Geoff Johns picked Whedon.

Does it matter? Snyder is as bad as Whedon. Both are fucking hacks.

>polar opposite

They're the same fucking failpile.

>firing the fireman for failing to salvage the dumpster
nice job, wb

(You) deserve this nig.

Who wants a Batgirl movie anyways? Seeing a 110lb flat chested jewoman beat up several 6'2 200lb grown men. Just make a fucking Batman movie already.

Did they realize that normies don't give a shit about Batgirl?

>rewrites 30% of the movie
>demands reshoots
>refuses more time when WB offered to push it back

>t-t-totally not his fault guize!

Even beyond that, he knew what he was getting in to.

He already delivered the killing blow to Snyder's chest. It is done.

He's a scumbag that championed women's rights then failed to show basic respect to his own wife. Scumbag behavior is as bad in the eyes of the media

Or any original female hero movie.

I can't be the only one that hates gender swapped heros like Supergirl, Batgirl, SheHulk, etc. It's fucking stupid.

Only learned the best from The Mouse if Han Solo is anything to go by.

>of the media

And everyone else. Especially when he'd rant and rave about anyone else doing it.

Jesus fuck.

Guys this is Whedon being meta, he is making fun of Chris Stuckmann here although its absolutely batshit bonkers that Chris is so influential now that directors are referencing HIM. Like what a fucking timeline.

You've said this about Wonder Woman before and now it's sure to say it'll have made more than the god damn tentpole title.

>refuses more time when WB offered to push it back
What the fucking shit?

Imagine the fucking stupidity you would need to employ the guy who has made most of his money from your direct rival and who can be heavily compensated by them by fucking your product up.

CHAOTIC and CHAOS

The absolute madman purposefully sabotaged Justice League, didn't he?

That's the story. WB offered to push it so he could have more time editing and he said nah, it's done.

He deliberately sabotaged JL because Mnuchin's ties to trump. This was what Whedon wanted.

Exactly. Dude will never able to do an unscripted interview again.

How much do you think the Mouse would pay Joss to intentionally fuck up Justice League? I'm not a conspiracy guy, but this seems at least plausible.

zero dollars, why pay someone when they know that they will fail either way?

Enough for him to survive a divorce and work on a small film. Then he gets paid by Warner Brothers as well. It'd be easy money just to take the job half-assedly alone, though. But let's admit it -- even if Snyder did finish the film, it would still get panned. It wouldn't be as normie, but still considered bad. At least there's a high audience approval rating for this one because of Joss's """writing""".

did dc pay michael keaton to be better than the rest of the cast of spider-man homecoming????!?

Good. Faggot made the already looking dire JL movie even more shit with his TV look and quips.

did sony pay j k simmons to be underwhelming as gordon??!? just a question my friends

Is this real?

there is only one solution to this sabotage problem: all members of the hollywood community must sign legally-binding loyalty oaths to dc or marvel

DC movies were still profitable despite critical scorn. The Mouse wants the CBM market to itself and would pull all the stops. They're afraid of a cape fatigue and can't have DC movies ruin that for them.
>B-But honest competition! They want the other studio to do well!
A rival would be able to pick whatever release of their choosing for the most box office draw. Or worst: having to increase budget or quality just to compete when this is a game about low risks with high return.

Marvel's only "competition" in capeshit is Fox and their market is niche, R-rated capeshit.

I'm pretty sure that was originally a Stuckmann tweet

Just watched Justice League. Whedon should legit be in jail. Warners CEO should resign. They should STOP altogether. Everyone should stop watching this shit. Just read comics. Jesus Christ.

Fox's movies stand or fall on their own merits because Marvel (specifically Disney) doesn't want to rock the boat.

The Mouse has discovered an unregulated (and unregulatable) monopoly - superhero IPs. For that reason, they are seeking to unite all "cape" characters under their umbrella. They can't touch the Fox, because the Fox can bite them in their plump rodent ass by holding Hope a hostage. That means the Fox's movies are allowed a fair judgement largely free of spin and rumor. The Bunny, on the other hand, enjoys no such protection, so anything that can be spun into a negative, no matter how small, will be by a corporate army of third-world shills and botnets in an effort to poison the well for the Bunny. These are billion dollar IPs, so if you think some Mousebucks aren't being channeled into this, that things like this don't happen, then it's you who's living in a fantasy world.

Want this to make more sense? Look up who owns the rights to "A New Hope" in perpetuity. If you need more dots connected than that, you're on your own.

>Only Chads are allowed to direct movies now.

Snyder gets the last laugh. Chad always wins.