I wonder what would happen to the cast. They clearly had futures

I wonder what would happen to the cast. They clearly had futures.
would Gus die first, or Wally? would Gwen and Andy be together forever? does Jim ever settle down with a lady? does Posey get a job?
The shows that last and last have no story and reset every episode, but the ones going somewhere seem to get cancelled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKTGTyxdsoU
mobile.twitter.com/MissionHill2/status/838597124262612993?p=v
tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mission-Hill-The-Complete-Series/22294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man, I miss this show.

Such a great show. Watching it as a kid made me hopeful for my future. Watching it now makes me sad. Cake helps.

It showed me that you have to live in the moment, as in, with friends. The only one distracted by the internet was Kevin for a bit, but he still did everything with his pals.

Of course. I more so relate to Andy. I'm 26 and been a huge slacker since college.

The writers had some kind of rule like Andy gets a new job every 9 episodes and a new girlfriend every 13 episodes, I don't remember the exact number.

Most cartoons with the premise of a cast that actually grows up in real time have to drop that premise because it's too complicated. King of the Hill was originally supposed to be like that.

The show had such a great look to it and probably the most comfy show I've ever watched.

I wish we got more episodes.

Sucks they had so envisioned so much for it to die so fast.
This was such a great show to watch for the first time over the summer.

Please, ma'am, no meat touching

I want to take the unproduced scripts and make them into comics

love 'em

youtube.com/watch?v=tKTGTyxdsoU

Geeez, I can just imagine how great King of the Hi'll could have been if they were allowed to, or stuck with that idea.

In relation to the new job every 8 episodes thing they mention in the commentaries that by like season 10 their idea was that Andy would be a famous cartoonist, styled after Matt Groening.

Why are Gus and Wally the only gay characters that aren't embarrassing abominations from like the past 20 years

13 seasons. bobby would have been in his mid 20s by the end of the show.

Because they just happen to be gay, but are otherwise the older neighbor couple friends to the primary cast.

Greg and Terry from American Dad are "the gay neighbors/tv anchors". they can never not be in an episode unless their homosexuality is brought up.

And Bill would likely have a heart attack

I hope it gets a revival on Netflix

Mission Hill was such a product of it's time, highlighting the culture of that era. I just don't think it'd be the same if it came back.

8 episodes seems a little much, even in the first season (18 episodes) he switches jobs just once. Granted he's unemployed for two of them
i'll bet season 2 episode 1 would have been some sort of promotion

Its not possible, MS rided on the late 90's zeitgeist, if they continue the show with a contemporarysetting it will be a completly different thing and if they set it back in the 90's it'll feel phony

I'd just like the first season finished up. The voice actors are all still alive, I think. I want to see Andy laughing at his dads offer to take Kevin back

>watchan
Mission Hill on random
>drinkan
40s of malt liquor
>eatan
not bugles, those are awful. cheese whales

I'm 28, got the job, working in an office, the whole fucking thing. I feel like Andy sometimes, but I'm unfortunately too responsible to do what he does. There's a tremendous slacker in my chained by my restraint, but he gets out on weekends.

and the sailors say, ANDY, you're a fine girl!

I've seen it on twitter and in an interview or something where they said Andy and Gwen end up married.

Posey was a lesbian, right?

Any of you ever watch Downtown? It was a similar show from the same time period, made by the creators if Megas XLR. It aired on MTV and got cancelled after one season. That's why you see "PopTV" shit get smashed so much on Megas.

She gave random male clients healing release. She's straighter than me
I'm watching it slow, seen the first two episodes. It's pretty good except for the fat girl

Quit fussin'

Love Downtown. Really chill show.

Healing RELIEF.

Nuclear weapons is wrong-hearted!

His light is lighting up, that must mean he's mad or something

>would Gwen and Andy be together forever?
yes, see the twitter.

mobile.twitter.com/MissionHill2/status/838597124262612993?p=v

he answers questions about the show. i recommend you all ask

This! The only time that it was perfect for it to get more seasons was all the back in 2001 if Adult Swim decided to pick it up like they did with Home Movies.

That's even better since he's actually got an amazing job.

Yeah, Gus and Wally are a good example of minority characters done right. They're just people, not walking symbols for homosexuality or race or whatever. They're both fleshed-out individuals with their own quirks, strengths, weaknesses, and desires.

>She gave random male clients healing release. She's straighter than me

But wasn't the point of the episode that it was completely non-sexual and she didn't even realize it could be seen that way until it was pointed out to her?

In that example right there, Gus mentions sexuality.
It comes up a lot, even if it's not their only joke, it still does exist

>go get 'im andy!...i mean her
but they do have other jokes and plots that don't revolve around being gay, they're not immune to gay jokes

I didn't mean that they never mention their sexuality. It's part of who they are, and that's fine.

It's that being gay isn't all they are. They aren't just "the gay guys" that exist to provide gay jokes and make points about being gay, they're characters who are also gay.

Give to me your money you stupid horse!

I don't know, I can imagine them in the modern start-up scene. Maybe Jim gets into the start-up world in the 2000s, Andy started an early webcomic and become a hit like Penny Arcade, Posie made a fortune selling herbal/New Age crap online then lost it in some anti-vax scam.

Kevin went to Princeton, got an investment banker job at Lehman Brothers and lost it when Lehman crashed. It'd be funny to have things reversed, with Kevin, broken from the experience, now being the listless, ambitionless slacker mooching off of Andy, his successful and creative brother who finally was able to live his passion.

go get on twitter now and start asking questions people, if we ask enough well pretty much have the entire series completed as the creators wanted

>Kevin went to Princeton

Sorry, Yale

that's lame, think up a good question and write it down and ask it every week or more. you don't want to flood him and make him hate answering

>Kevin went to Princeton, got an investment banker job at Lehman Brothers and lost it when Lehman crashed.

Maybe the 2000s were a string of bad luck for Kevin. Interned at Enron during college, went to work for Lehman then it crash in 2008, got a job at MF Global then it went bankrupt in 2011...not sure between 2011 and now, maybe worked for some hedge fund manager who was arrested.

>except for the fat girl
Fuck off, Chaka is the worst character.

Jane Wiedlin was such a good choice for Gwen. Also her as Joan of Arc is 10/10 on the qt scale.

We can agree that Goat is GOAT though

I don't get it.

It's Kafkaesque.

>cute hippie
>no staring episodes
sadness

If she's the pretty girl then no, she's tolerable. Fat girl has entitlement issues like a white fedora boy does in 2016.

The best we'll get, and the Freaky Weekend episode has her winning, but that's not an episode yet

>Andy's uncle? Shut UP! That's GREAT! My mom's brother is MY uncle!

What was the meaning of that Ronal McDonald?

me too buddy

Post the edit

Wouldn't the bunny comic make more sense if his feet were cut off?

Or am I missing some 2deep4u shit here?

It's a rabbit. They're all feet.

But he drew it like the rabbit had arms

Andy didn't really "get" an amazing job, he came off like a huge unqualified shithead to the interviewer and Jim managed to get Andy hired because it turns out he has a ton of pull in the company.

Nah, it's the forepaws. Rabbit forepaws are stumpy, and that's the part that's cut off for luck.

Quit being so autistic.

I thought Andy was qualified it was just that the interviewer was a dick who didn't like him.

Like anything good, like The Sopranos, it was a combination of things. Andy was underqualified, and the judge was looking for a professional in the business, not a cartoonist. Jim of course has his power and was going to use his powers to pick Andy (he looks through the resumes and see there is no "F" for French) but he didn't make it past Beardley.
so he had to do some creative sighing. Andy got a job he wasn't quite qualified for, but if we had fucking episode 14 made we would see that Andy's going to make it with the Chef-a-rooni advertisement

>Show takes place during the late 90s
>One episode about how kids in their mid twenties are growing up and becoming successful
>Andy becomes frightened because he's been a NEET for a while

Its amazing how there are more kids like Andy in today's world

>childhood is when you idolize kevin
>adulthood is when you realize Andy was right

I'm guessing you're under 20 or in your early 20s because you're misunderstanding the stereotype Andy is.

He's not a NEET, he's a late-period 90s slacker. NEETs are more a thing of the last 10 years, though obviously they also existed then.

90s slackers weren't antisocial shut-ins, they just didn't care to bother trying. Andy and the crew are still interested in socializing and other parts of normal life, he just doesn't really want to bother with a normal job or responsibilities.

NEETs, on the other hand, just can't cope with the outside world and shut themselves in to live in their fantasy/online world.

So if you have a few friends and go to party's you aren't a neet?

I genuinely love this show and watch it through at least once a year. It becomes more relevant the older you get

He's equating hikikomori with NEET
but his point is, you're not a pathetic sad sack if you have friends or a social life. Andy isn't hiki or neet except for the brief moment between jobs in Unemployment Part 1 and 2

>He's equating hikikomori with NEET

I know that technically speaking they're different, but I think they way NEET is used, especially online, it's come to be synonymous with hikikomori. Especially the way people self-identifying as NEETs in places like /r9k/ use it.

Andy should have beaten Kevin's ass every single day.

Kevin didn't get called on his worst shit, which was him wiling out like an 8 year old who learned keywords to get his way
>HE MADE ME DO IT!
pointing blame
>this insane perverted lunatic is trying something with me!
making shit up to get his way
fucking god damn Kevin take some personal responsibility

nah neet on Sup Forums implies not working/school and nothing to do with being antisocial

Weirdie beans at

Easily one of the best scenes.

>Warner Home Video released all 13 completed episodes on DVD, on November 29, 2005. The collection however has replaced some of the original soundtrack with stock music, most glaringly "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. in the episode "Andy vs. The Real World."

tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mission-Hill-The-Complete-Series/22294
>The original release had audio commentary on 4 of the episodes, as well as an "Extensive Interactive Map of Mission Hill" as bonus material. We don't know if those extras have been retained on this new MOD re-release; they aren't mentioned.

New here, are you?

I've got that dvd set.
their "interactive extensive map" is a two page menu that plays the same horn beep and song over and over. There's about 8 sections that talk about parts of the show, and about 7 of them aren't worth existing because they don't say anything in particular, it's just a rerun of shit from the show.

but they did do 4 commentaries, which are good, and did replace the music, which super sucks

That's pretty standard. Real songs are very expensive to license so DVD versions rarely include them. It's why the Beavis and Butthead DVDs don't include the music videos they made fun of.

>Beavis and Butthead DVDs don't include the music videos they made fun of.
They do have some on separate discs.

Malcolm in the Middle hasn't been put on DVD past season 1 because of the music licenseing costs. you were relevant like 15 years ago, jesus christ, why does your music cost so much? you're millionaires, nobody uses "nobody" music

I doubt the artists themselves care, but it's the labels who usually own the rights and they want every penny.

no meat touching ma'am

Man 1999 was the perfect time to be Andy's age in the US. Almost at the height of the dotcom bubble and the economy was booming but before the paranoia and fear brought by 9/11. Things just seemed great and getting better every day.

>I doubt the artists themselves care, but it's the labels who usually own the rights and they want every penny.

This. Artists are generally pretty chill with shows using their music... but the labels are the ones who want to squeeze the networks for licensing fees, especially on home releases. If the show isn't popular enough, the network won't shell out the money for the rights.