Best Coming-of-age pictures

Hit me up with Childhood Films lads, I'm 18 today and I already miss my childhood a ton

Don't slag me for being a faggot just recc, I already LOVE Spirit of The Beehive, Ivan's Childhood and Moonlight

This was very good. Incredible cinematography

You've gone too far mate, boring shit is for newbies. The true coming of age kino is The Karate Kid.

that movie was fucking horrible.

Thanks will deffo check it out
>boring shit is for newbies
Kid the three films I mentioned are pretty fucking surface level Arthouse like, I was hardly whipping out Avant-Garde shit
If I wanted trash I'd watch The Breakfast Club (which I love)

The Last Picture Show.

I just found that too depressing desu, are there now any films about childhood that have optimism or actually make you remember the fun of being a kid again?

This shit is your best chance on making you feel like a kid again, it's not high-art but it will give you 120mins of childhood-type feelings

True but its still a pretty good movie. You should probably check out Toto the Hero or Mr Nobody instead.

Lady Bird was pretty good. Last one before that I saw was Edge of Seventeen and it was fucking stupid.

400 Blows
Ratcatcher
Harold & Maude
The Graduate
Submarine
Dazed & Confused

>Kid the three films I mentioned are pretty fucking surface level Arthouse like, I was hardly whipping out Avant-Garde shit

This hurts to read, reminds me of when I was 18 and lacked any self awareness. Dial it down a notch is my suggestion.

thanks, granddad
fucking faggot lol

I actually liked Cria Cuervos more than Spirit of the Beehive, but I should probably rewatch it again in near future.

>I already LOVE Spirit of The Beehive,
>that overly dramatic capitalization
it's like you just want us to know you're a toastie

>american movie
>kino
top kek

Viva Cuba

The Tree of Life

Moonrise Kingdom is kinda coming of age

Yi Yi

Boyhood in it's latter half

Princess Mononoke/Nausicaa have adolescents as their protagonists

American beauty, again it's only one aspect of the movie

From up on Poppy Hill

Rushmore

I realize these are all fedoracore, but you might enjoy them if you haven't already OP. Also monitoring this thread because I have a soft spot for movies about childhood, especially ones that tell the story from a kids point of view

A.I.
Kes
The Bill Douglas Trilogy
I Vitelloni
American Graffiti

Thanks for the reccs good stuff guys

What part of don't slag me for being a faggot did you guys not read
Also 'when I was 18' guy wow you're butthurt, I recommend you try watching Breathless if you want the babbiest of babby's foreign films, then you won't be so butthurt all the time