/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

TRIGGERED edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.18: Double Agent Droid (March 11)
Poe Dameron #12 (March 12)

>Rebels 3.17: "Secret Cargo"
mega.nz/#!UJVxEabR!RCzuiviu-F5XbxdLVphzeZe_pt8kXJ1E4Sw-fcf1j_Q

>Rebels Recon: Secret Cargo
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ez3y6BZGrk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv09z2o4UXM
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc/UTzOlErXrY0/JWfyZWqT7sMJ
ign.com/articles/2017/03/10/origin-of-darth-vaders-lightsaber-to-be-revealed-in-new-comic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is she, /swco/?

Jesus fuck. How are you always here at thread start?

Haaaa, 8/10 edition.

Oh shit, Sio fucking Bibble was in Game of Thrones too

Best Imperial right here

That's not Krennic though.

>Tarkin

ftfy

A MIRIALAN IN A FUNNY HAT!!!

Something interesting I just read about in Join the Resistance. Apparently the Resistance trains in battle scenarios with battle droids and Confederacy ships. This may imply that the Confederacy is supporting the First Order. They also explicitly state that the First Order was once part of the New Republic implying that the centrists went on to officially join the First Order after Bloodline. So now the galaxy is split up between a tiny New Republic in the Core, Colonies, and Inner-Rim, the peaceful Imperial Remnant in the Core, and Colonies (which I assume is made up of surviving governors and whatnot from the Empire), the Pirate Empire in Wild Space, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems which is probably in the galactic North-East near the Corporate Sector, the Separatist Union which is probably near the CCS in the Galactic Center to North-East with a few worlds like Cato Nemoidia in its fringes, Sovereign Latitudes which is a pirate government that is likely in the Outer Rim near Hutt Space, Mandalore Space which I assume still exists, then finally tons of independent planets in between.

I love this. This is exactly what I was wanting the galaxy to turn into after Episode 9 but with Jedi solving conflicts and the Resistance being a pmc that comes in when the Jedi fail to help innocents caught up in wars at all cost.

Guess this was pre-wife-murder.

>watching TCW
>It's a JarJar episode

What is she, /swco/?

She was asking for it. She could have escaped, but she decided to try and kill him

Was it rape?

The best host

Get that filth off my Christian board!

>tfw imagining a four way war between Rebels, Imperials, Seperatists and Republicans

Basically the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War timey whimey meshed, that'd be my Battlefront wet dream.

>it's a "Jar Jar bamboozles Grievous" episode
>it's a "Mace Windu and Jar Jar's Excellent Adventure" two-parter

aw shit motherfucker its the Bib

DICE would be forced to include the droids in EABF2 DLC in that case.

One one hand, I was about to say "Never expected to be able to play as Kalani"

But then I realized it'll most likely be Grievous.

How will Phasma redeem herself from being trash?

No, user. It wouldn't be Clone Wars era. It would be just new droids in the ST era. No Grievous, no Kalani (most likely). If the whole "train using droids as if they were FO" is true, then the ""hero"" of them would just be a Resistance soldier commanding them.

Drags Finn back to Hux and says "here's your traitor'

Make her a ruthless killing machine. Make her menacing. My problem with the FO is that they didn't really show up at all. You were told how scary they were.

>Poe Dameron #12 (March 12)

Has this got any better? I dropped it many issues ago when it became obvious it was just wheel-spinning.

No. It's still before TFA and Terex is still in "I'll catch you Poe Dameron! Phasma be damned!" mode.

>Fighting battles between Resistance troopers alongside classic Stormtrooper and TIEs from the Imperial Remnant with heroes like Poe and Rey, against the First Order alongside the battle droids of the Separatist Union with heroes like Kylo Ren and Phasma, against the Sovereign Latitudes who have sided with the Confederacy of Corporate Systems with heroes like the Crimson Corsair and some battle droid based off General Grevious.

Holy fucking shit

I am still amazed that this was in Rogue One.

This is fake, right?
I haven't been here in a while

>it's a "Mace Windu and Jar Jar's Excellent Adventure" two-parter
That should have been a spin-off series. The two of them make a potent team.

Star Destroyers look so fucking cool

Me too

This sounds like absolute chaos and I love it. At least it's not GCW 2.0 like JJ made it out to be.

Yes they do

Especially that one

Did the digital of RO come out?

Nute Gunray? I'm 501st.

Cad Bane?

Nope, I've just found these via articles on RO and through The Wook

Two weeks to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv09z2o4UXM
wew

yes, looks nothing like her

should i watch the red letter media reviews of the prequels? i've never seen them

If you want to find out where the 'TOO MUCH CGI' wank comes from, sure

ask her on twitter

That's the executrix

best SD

looks a lot like her

The main character of Join the Resistance is totally force sensitive implying that he will join Luke and Rey's Jedi Order after Episode 9.

We can finally get high quality pics on the wook.

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

They're fairly amusing but you have to understand the reviews for what they are. But I would suggest it if you want a mindframe of what some Star Wars fans think of the prequels. They're basically what the OT fans thought the prequels should be. I'm not a fan of Plinkett or Mike anymore but they're interesting.

She's cute, but I love my coffee

>If you want to find out where the 'TOO MUCH CGI' wank comes from, sure
Look, complain about Plinkett all you want, but people were complaining about that literally the day Attack of the Clones came out.

>they actually made a Rebels Recon mug
Kek

>You will never have a Rebels Recon mug
Coffee in the morning just isn't the same

>All dese factions
>Star Wars Galaxies II: A Galaxy Divided

Sequel Era suddenly became a little more worth the trouble. I like how the division of power makes some sort of sense, as opposed to reigning much of the galaxy into another Republic. Corporate entities wouldn't want to be hampered by government after the Galactic Republic's regulation and the Empire's nationalization, so there's the Confederacy of Corporate Systems. There would also no doubt be systems who still felt the scars of the Clone Wars and the insult to injury of the Empire, so there's the Separatist Union. Pirates seem to have established a considerable enough presence to warrant a legit Empire. The Remnant no doubt wants to be left well enough alone and the New Republic is struggling to remain relevant, let alone a functioning power.

This had better be expanded upon in VII and IX. It can't just be the New Republic and First Order.

>tfw the Remnant thinks the First Order absolutely barbaric and allies with the New Republic against them in the Liberation of Coruscant from the First Order

Honestly, I bet that the lucasfilm office is chill as hell to work at. Obviously it's not always as laid back as shown in Recon, but it seems like a comfy place.

Yeah but a lot of it is unfounded. For example when people complain about CGI backgrounds they don't realize that 90% of the backgrounds were either completely real or miniatures.

I'm not usually one to complain about special effects too much but actors screened over miniatures looks about as fake as CGI.

True, but you have to just know that the average person is stupid. There's still merit to the CGI complaints though, even if it's as overly simplistic as "reeee too much CGI."

Exactly this. Sure, there may be actual miniatures built and stuff, but if they don't gel with the rest of the scene, it's literally the same as bad CGI, even if people don't know how to express it.

Understandable. I also think having CGI characters physically interact with real people is too far. But Plinkett states things like how the CGI background when Obi-Wan, Mace, and Yoda talk in the Jedi temple in Episode 2 is awful without realizing that that background is real.

Can she cook?

>without realizing that that background is real
I'd need to rewatch it, but if it looks bad, what's the difference?

If you take them they way they were meant to be seen: A NEET obsessed with the OT crying about the prequels in his basement.

The problem is, all the OTfags took it as an actual review and actually use it to back up their claims.

>KENOOOOBBEEIAHGAGDLKAFHDASDLFK

The point is that he tried to make the hard work done making photorealistic miniatures mean nothing by making people think it was actually someone dicking around on a computer for 2 hours.

>shes a female clone of jango fett
just like sugar tits is a clone of peter parker, WHAT A FUCKING TWIST

Which is a dumb argument anyway. CGI doesn't inherently take less time than miniatures.

>616 Spider-woman
>Clone of Peter Parker
REEEEEE NORMIES

This is where the torpedoes come out of, right?

>Normal stormtroopers vs first order stormtroopers

Fuck, why do I want this?

Why was he so based

People were complaining about that literally the day The Phantom Menace came out:

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc/UTzOlErXrY0/JWfyZWqT7sMJ
>Date: 1999/05/20
>I fear that Lucas feels that the best way to make his world seem alive is by turning it into an orgy of computer generated imagery.

Go for it.
I think it's good to watch them even if you enjoy the prequels. It helps to know them when people are using them as "arguments" against the prequels.

Nicely done. I almost said TPM, but I was young and couldn't remember that as a complaint. But I remembered when Ep II had all those B1s vs the Clones all the media was talking about was the CGI.

THE GHOST

It's so awesome to have alternate media stuff in the big movies. Really helps with the whole everything is connected thing!

He stole credit from the greatest designer of all time

best guide ever

I really hope Maul survives this episode

I love it when he gets up in people's personal space.

He was bred and trained by his family to be the ultimate predator, then unleashed on the galaxy by Sheev "Dutch Uncle" Palpantine.

>people didnt know the Clones were CGI

ign.com/articles/2017/03/10/origin-of-darth-vaders-lightsaber-to-be-revealed-in-new-comic
Was this posted in this thread?

Who's hyped for some Imperial Clones?

>Sheev "Dutch Uncle" Palpantine.

I need sheev with these glasses now